Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash of Faith

Edward Varric

E
In the midst of space, there was a shuttle just floating around, it seemed lifeless from the outside, but in the inside? there was Edward, Edward Varric. A human cyborg who transformed himself back on his planet in a rush, and he is now feeling the effects of it. He used very weak metals for his cyborg transformation which is crumbling apart, which is affecting him greatly, he can randomly go unconscious because of it, in other words it's damaging him.

Luckily, the shuttle he stole contained supplies that could last him a few days, but there were no materials that Edward could use to fix himself up, he even wrote out on a paper for how his new design to not only fix his cyborg parts, but improve them overall, but it irritates him as he has nothing to use to try his new design.

With great effort, Edward managed to stand up but he was walking slowly towards the front of the shuttle, and there was what appears to be a habitable planet, he used the shuttles sensors to find out information about the planet, it's only known as "Vorzyd" with very vague information about the planet itself, what type of planet it is, if it's colonized or not. Edward had to hope for the best that it did have some form of life as he couldn't handle his cyborg metal crumbling apart anymore.

He sat down and started flying the shuttle to the planet's surface. He was starting to receive the effects of his cyborg side failing again, he was starting to black out as he was approaching the planet. He could hear a voice from the comms but he could barely make it out, he tried to keep the shuttle straight and flying so the landing wouldn't be bad, but he fell unconscious before he could do anything else, and soon enough Edward fell off the chair to the back of the shuttle from the impact of a landing. Edward couldn't do anything else in his position.

The crash rocked even the durasteel floor of the Wraithguard base. It must've been a heavy impact and Vitor wondered how the feth had that occurred.

He left the base through a side exit with more than a dozen soldiers hurrying up towards the crash site ahead of him. They had cocked their rifles and were shouting orders. Smoke rose into the air from the scrapped vessel and a couple of men were already tackling the fire that had erupted. A faint billow in the Force alerted him of a presence within the shuttle despite the crippled condition of the shuttle's brow.

"Got a droid here!" A soldier's voice could be heard from inside the shuttle. Vitor calmly approached the ship when the soldiers came out with what looked like a droid.

"That's no droid, you idiot. It's a damn cyborg." A sergeant roared in irritation

"Well, I will be damned. 'tis the first time I see one of those." The rookie shook his head. "What should we do with him?"

The sergeant turned to Vitor expecting an answer and the Sith gave him one. "Bring him in the intensive care. If he lives, he lives. If he dies, send the body to be turned to ash somewhere."

The soldiers heeded the call and Vitor followed them to the intensive care and awaited to witness the man's awakening or his falling into the darkness of death.

He usually wouldn't have bothered with it but the Force had spoken.

[member="Edward Varric"]

Edward Varric

E
Edward was currently in a dream, a very vivid one at that. From a third person point he could see himself, a far more improved cyborg side then what he had currently from before, the dream was going very well for him until he saw himself bowing down to a dark-haired man, all though he couldn't see the face of the dark-haired man Edward was shocked and panicking, he was questioning the scenario and wondering what was happening.

Before long, he finally woke up. He started to feel his metal head with his hand to see if his metal parts fell off, but it seems like they were re-assembled. It was still the same metal but it seems like he was re-built, the problems that Edward were having before with his cyborg side would be gone for a while. Edward tried to stand up but received some pain from his leg and went back down on the bed, a soldier immediately rushed to Edward with his rifle aimed at him.

"Who are you? why did you crash here?" the soldier was yelling, it seemed like Edward was saved by... a military garrison? he could tell the soldier was well armored with the right weaponry, he definitely wouldn't be a mercenary with that gear. Soon enough a squad of troopers came in and also aimed their gun at Edward. "I crashed here because I had no where else to go, this planet was the closest one." Edward gave the reply, "I'm unarmed, surely there's no need to have like, what? twenty guns on me?" it was an exaggeration, but it got his point across.

"We can't risk it, you're a complete stranger and our Lord said that you were strong with the force, that warrants us with enough reason to shoot you the instant you try anything funny." Edward was confused "The Force? I think you mistake me, I know I'm force-sensitive but I never took any training for it, I assure you, I'm harmless and I can barely walk... what threat would I be to you? at least give me something to walk with."

One of the soldiers signaled another soldier and grabbed a nearby wooden stick, he chucked it to Edward and then Edward stood up from the bed, with some pain mostly from his right leg but he started to lean on the wooden stick and walked slowly with it. One of the soldiers said "Right, we were to report to our Lord when you woke up, I think it'll be better to just introduce you to him." then Edward started to follow the soldier with four other soldiers behind Edward, following him with guns aimed at him. While they were walking, Edward said "Did you find my designs? did you guys rebuild me from those designs?" the soldier shaked his head, "No, we only re-assembled the parts that fell off, according to our engineer your cyborg metals are a total mess, it's the worst possible metal to choose." Edward then rolled his cybernetic eyes, "You can say that again." Edward then introduced himself properly "Right, my name is Edward Varric, I'm a human cyborg as you probably guessed, and I'm considered an engineering scientist, mostly around cybernetics and such." the soldier nodded "I see, you should also know that you were knocked out for quite a while, we took the supplies from your shuttle as compensation for us bringing you back to health, and those designs you were talking about were forwarded to our Lord."

Before any conversation would continue, it seemed like they reached their destination, the soldier knocked on the door, then saying "My Lord? the cyborg is awake, he's here with us, would you like us to bring him in?"

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

The doors slid open at the command of the Sith to reveal a few soldiers dragging the cyborg in his office. He understood their precaution. An innate fear of the Force.

Upon a comfortable chair facing his desk was where the soldiers left the cyborg before they departed leaving the two alone. Vitor remained silent for a moment his gaze analyzing the half-man half-machine before him.

"Who are you?" Avendahl asked coldly. He kept his eyes focused on the man as he expected a lengthy response.

This shipwreck was no accident.

[member="Edward Varric"]

Edward Varric

E
Edward then saw the man, he got a dark feeling from what he saw of the man, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He looked like a normal person, Edward felt like he saw this man somewhere before, oh well.

"I'm Edward Varric, Human Cyborg, self-proclaimed Engineering Scientist and... former employee of Jack's Engineering Corps, until I left them for taking credit to my machinery, I don't know if you heard of them or not." Edward could regale the tales of how he believed Jack's Engineering Corps are evil, how they betrayed him and basically stole his success, but it didn't look like that's what the man wanted to hear, so he changed the topic.

"Anyway, when I explained to the public that they stole my work, people were starting to doubt Jack's Engineering Corps, but they changed it around to make me look like a crazy, deranged scientist. I was being brought to a psychological hospital until I beat up the security guards that were dragging me, I stole the shuttle and I flew off into space, quite a dumb move honestly... I had no where else to go, I crashed the ship on this planet because my cyborg metals were betraying me, they were crumbling, malfunctioning. I had to get help and this planet was the closest habitable planet, and the rest is history, I guess I have you to thank for rescuing me?" Edward then slightly moved forward, he pretty much told everything that the man might needed to know, usually a helping hand isn't given so easily and Edward was now interested to see if the man wanted anything for bringing Edward back to health.

He had not heard of Jack's Engineer. The story surrounding the corporation and the man was intriguing, nonetheless. Vitor took in cautiously every word and inspected it for lies but he could not find the man's words deceiving. The engineer had ambition and seemed stubborn enough against his foes but how dedicated was he?

Avendahl would find out. Perhaps a few years ago his former master Lord Fa was thinking the same things about the businessman. How interesting the cycle of the Force is.

Vitor slid a datapad forward to Edward. "These are the designs we found on your shuttle."

Was that the man's ambition? Just that? If it was, then saving the engineer was a waste of time.

"I can help you build them." Vitor locked eyes with the cyborg. "For a price."

[member="Edward Varric"]​

Edward Varric

E
It seems this was the break Edward needed, well... not literally, but if this man can build what Edward wanted and needed, maybe it's a step in the right direction to what Edward wants to achieve, all though he would be cautious of this man and his garrison here, it's not like Edward has a better option anywhere else, especially if this man has the means and the materials to build what Edward has planned for his new cyborg armor.

"While they did ruin my line of work, the company... they are only a stepping stone in what I really want to achieve, I believe in evolution through technology. I'll spare you the life story, too many mistakes are because of organic error, no? I'll make machinery and cybernetics preventing that from happening, my machinery was successful back on my planet but of course, I couldn't get back my designs from them as I left the company, I had spider droids that ranged from basic combat to construction, but my situation was desperate and I couldn't bring them with me." Edward was pretty much whining at this point rather then telling what he wanted to do, so he changed the subject around again.

"If you give me that upgrade, if you truly have the materials for it... I'll agree to your price, I'm assuming you'll want me to be your personal engineer or something?" The man did mention a price for the upgrade, but it's not like Edward is going to get it anywhere else. This was a golden opportunity as it is, and he could suck up some freelancing work for a while if that's what the man was hinting at.

"Personal engineer is just a fraction of the price, Varric." Vitor stated as he calmly stood up from his seat and walked a few feet away from his desk towards the large viewport through where an endless, boring horizon could be seen.

Avendahl's thoughts dwelt around the man's ambition to replace organic life with inorganic. Figuratively speaking. How many before him had dreamed of such an idea? How many have failed? The Sith shook his head. That was unimportant. He could mold the cyborg in a way that he would realize everything he has desired stems from his organic nature.

Vitor returned to the here and now. "The other fraction of the price is your complete obedience to me." The cyborg's force sensitivity was obvious.

"Your choice, Mr. Varric."

Was it really? There was only one answer which would leave the half-man half-machine alive.

Edward Varric

E
Edward was listening very carefully then when the man said "Personal engineer is just a fraction of the price, Varric" Edward thought for a second, how did he know Edward's name? Edward must've left his name on the designs, that must be it. Edward then got very cautious when the man stood up and looked out through the viewport. He could feel something bad might be about to happen.

Complete obedience? Edward didn't mind staying a few months for some work, but complete obedience? what did this man really want? Edward then stood up, looking tall and trying to be brave for what he is about to say. "I'm afraid I can't do with the complete obedience part, surely that won't be needed for me to work as your personal engineer?" Edward then waited for the man's response.

Vitor glanced back at the now standing cyborg. A malicious intent flashed through his eyes but he kept it under control.

The businessman calmly began approaching the engineer and spoke when he was less than a foot away from him. "You see, Mr. Varric. You have the gift of the Force, it is the only means you can achieve what you desire. Think about it, who in their right mind would not snatch your ideas away from you and take credit for your brilliance? Only the power of the Force can preserve your chance of achieving that."

"I can give you that, Mr. Varric. The price stands." He calmly said before adding with a wicked smile.

"Don't dwell too much. Life's good."

Edward Varric

E
Edward was initially going to say no, but... he considered his earlier mistakes, while machinery is a good way towards life, it isn't the ultimate factor towards everything. Great people in the past have always depended on technology, but never towards cybernetic upgrades. He always was interested in how normal organics were successful in what would seem like impossible odds, it seems like the force is one of many organic successes, Edward never partook in any force training but if this man is willing to teach Edward, maybe he can discover the true evolution?

Enough pondering about that, with Edward's realization, maybe it is time to let in a different route for how improvements can be made. Edward knew there was the dark side and the light side, and judging by what he saw of the black-haired man and this garrison, it looks like he is more towards a dark-sided approach. Edward then kneels down to the man.

"I... pledge myself to your teachings, my lord." it was then done, Edward accepted the price, but is this truly the right road for Edward? only time will tell he thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom