Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Crash Landing

Flying an old ship, from along forgotten time, Tilly finally crashed on an outer rim planet. Coughing as smoke from the engine began to flood her face. Swatting at it, she looks around at the damage, "Dang. I knew I shouldn't have bought this ship."

Moving as best she could, she got out of the pilot chair. Her body was sore from the crash, but was unsure of any other injuries that happened on impact. Grabbing the small amount of items she had packed in a bag (extra clothes, credits, rations, water, holopad, lightsaber, and some tools). She decided to make her way towards town to figure out where she had landed. Though she was lucky and got a ride from a family heading into town. She limped through town, before she found a doctor, who told her the worst she did was fracture her wrist. After he bandaged it, he gave her some medicine, and she paid him and went on her way to a bar, the doctor had told her of. She had landed on was no other than Lothal.

After a few drinks, she made her way to a table in the back, wanting some time to think of how she'd be able to repair the ship, or at least get passage into other planets, to hunt down jedi and sith text to study. A droid servant brought her some food, which she took, thanking the droid before digging in.

637d58fe085ee0cc3535aad615763188.jpg

Lothal
Tags: Tilly Tilly

Lothal was a quiet place, the kind where one could easily contemplate the greater questions in life. After the stress of Ilum's invasion and finally coming to terms with where he had come from, Jasper saw fit to take the time to relax. The padawan was captivated by the calm nature of the planet, it's sprawling fields untouched by the hands of those who'd wish to taint the soil. Of course, what drew people here the most was the Jedi Temple, where the padawans of long ago traveled to preform their initial trials. It lay in sleep now, it's stone walls reclaimed by the planet, much like others of it's kind. He sat perched upon one of the temple's spires, gazing out at the open landscape.

"Strange..." he muttered, a distant object catching his eyes.

It was difficult to tell, but there was a tiny bit of smoke still lingering in the air around something off in the distance. From his experience, both as on observer and a pilot, it seemed to be a downed vessel. Retreat or not, he was a Jedi. Public service was calling. Jasper picked himself up and descended the side of the spire, setting off towards the crashed vessel, making the trips in a good half-hour. The ship was old, that much was evident, but the duelist couldn't pin down exactly what era it was from. He assessed the ship, quickly coming to the conclusion that whoever owned the vessel was no longer present. Perhaps they had gone into the nearby town.

"Welp," Jasper muttered to himself with a shrug. "Guess they're fine."

Then, it hit him. His mechanical urge. Jasper's brain was already subconsciously assessing the damage on the vessel, looking for root causes to any malfunctions that could've brought down the vessel or possible third-party damage. The duelist knew he couldn't start any repairs without the "OK" from the pilot. They might assume he was a scrapper hijacking parts. Still, he knew he was a good mechanic. Maybe he was good enough to finish repairing the ship before anyone even knew he was there.

"Ah, screw it."

There was no use fighting it. Jasper had already scaled up to the top of the ship and begun working before his brain had time to protest. Just a few minutes, then he'd be gone with the wind. Probably.

Finally after eating her meal and trying to bother some people to see what she could from the people, but most of them just told her to screw off. Finally giving up she picked up her back and went and paid for everything she had. Sighing as she walked out of the bar in defeat. She decided to head back to the ship to see what she could do about it, but she no longer had the tools to fix her ship, she had to sell them to get money after she ran away.

Walking back she wondered what she could get from this planet, Tilly had become a collector of small items from the planets she has been visiting. It was a silly little habit she had gotten herself into, but it wasn’t any harm to anyone.

As she reached the ship she saw someone on her ship fixing it. She was shocked but she didn’t want to scare this person away. Staying a bit away she watched for a minute before slowly moving forward.

“Hello,” she called out to the strange man.

Lothal

“Hello,”

"Blast," Jasper muttered under his breath. He hadn't been fast enough. Now he would have to explain what it was that he was doing. "Uh, hello. I'm not stealing anything... Just, er, assessing the damage to your vessel. I saw it and figured I'd see what brought you down. Your lateral stabilizer sustained some damage and you have a couple of fried circuits in your ion drive."

The thing that had brought down the ship hadn't been from an external force, but the inside of the vessel, likely having to due with the age of the ship. All components failed over time. That was inevitable.

"The main culprit seems to be the age of the ship," Jasper explained. "There are a few key components that are in need of being updated to their modern variants. A few parts of the vessel should also be treated for oxidization..."

Jasper's thoughts trailed off. He really shouldn't be messing with someone else's ship, good intentions or otherwise. It was kinda rude, a bit unprofessional, and could easily come off as shady.

"Sorry about working on your ship without your permission."

Tilly listened to the man and started chuckling as he talked about not stealing parts.

“Thank you for fixing it. I was looking around town to see if anyone had anything to help me fix it. Plus even if you were stealing parts I wouldn’t be to mad. This things is a piece of crap.”

She walked a little closer and set down her pack and pullout her credit bag.

“Would you like some credits for fixin it?”

She was sure how to repay someone for fixing a ship the old or even just them automatic fix it just by seeing it crashed. She hadn’t heard of such generosity. Though Dathomir wasn’t always the kindest even when you’re born there.

“It would’ve been an easier fix, if I still had my tools to fix things like this.”

Lothal

Jasper was just wrapping up his repairs when the woman mentioned paying him, which he couldn't help but chuckle at the offer. Of course, she had no clue that he was a Jedi, but it was amusing none the less.

"Oh, you don't need to pay me," Jasper assured as he climbed down the side of the vessel. "I don't need any compensation."

The Jedi didn't really accept payment anyways, which was fine by him. Jasper didn't need the money really. He'd much rather be satisfied with the fact that he helped someone out. The duelist brushed off his hands and scratched the bridge of his nose, a faint smile spreading across his face.

"I'm Jasper by the way," he introduced. "Probably should've lead with that."

"Are you sure?" She asked as she slowly lowered the credit bag to her side, clipping it onto one of the loops on her belt. She wasn't sure how'd she repay this man if he wouldn't accept credits. Tilly hadn't gotten this kind of kindness since she left home. She watched as he got down of the side of the ship smiling at him as he introduced himself.

"Oh, I'm Tilly nice to meet you Jasper," She said in return.

The witch hadn't really met anyone in this galaxy that didn't want credits, especially not when it came to fixing a ship. She was unsure of what to do in this situation. She wasn't too versed in how to talk to people outside of the sister, though she did her best to keep a conversation going when she got herself into one. Standing there awkwardly she shifted her weight in between her legs, looking at this man for a second before realizing she was staring, quickly diverting her eyes to the ground.

"Well Jasper if I can't pay you in credits, is there something else I can do for you?" Looking back up at him she put on a soft smile. Hoping there was something she could do.

Lothal

The stranger was very insistent that she repay him in some way shape or form. Jasper understood why. He hadn't exactly always been comfortable about receiving help in the past. It made him feel like he was leeching off others in some way shape or form. Still, the duelist didn't accept payment. He figured that, in time, the good nature of others would come back around. Maybe the thought was naïve, but Jasper didn't mind.

"You're fine," Jasper insisted. "That isn't how I do things."

He was beginning to wonder what had brought her this far into the outer rim in the first place. Lothal wasn't exactly high on anyone's bucket list, and for regular people the planet held little to no value. And, if her landing was accidental, why come so far out in the first place?

"This part of space is pretty remote, " he continued. "What brings you out here?"

Lothal
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Tilly looked over at him one last time, knowing she wasn't going to get anything through his head. He seemed to be very persistent about not being paid, so Tilly figured it was best to let it go. Looking around at the area for a minute, lost in its green beauty and this feeling she couldn't shake. Barely heard the question she had been asked.

"Well I didn't really have a choice. But I feel something here and I want to discover what this feeling is now," She replied her voice soft as she still stared out into the green wonderland of this planet. "Might I ask why you are here?"

The amber eyes trailing from the nature over to Jasper. There was something about him, she could feel this thing on it, it reminded her what she used for her magic. Though at this precise moment she couldn't think of what it was called.

Lothal

"Well I didn't really have a choice. But I feel something here and I want to discover what this feeling is now," She replied her voice soft as she still stared out into the green wonderland of this planet. "Might I ask why you are here?"

"Oh, just enjoying the peace," Jasper explained. "This is sort of a vacation for me. I don't get to relax on backwater worlds very often..."

She mentioned that she had a feeling about this place. If she was force sensitive, that didn't surprise him. Jasper was well aware of the temple that lay in rest not to far from their location.

"A feeling..." he frowned, reflecting on her words. "Well, there is an old Jedi Temple here on the planet, but I'm afraid there isn't too much to discover there. It was for trials a long time ago, but hasn't done much but collect dust these days. If it's artifacts you're looking for, I doubt you'll find any there."

He didn't condone things along the lines of treasure hunting and looting, but it wasn't really his say to judge the lifestyles of others. It wasn't very Jedi like, anyways. Still, Jasper did want to dissuade her from hunting for any 'treasures.' It robbed the temple of what it was: A place of spiritual connection. There was an inherent value to that far greater than any artifact, at least Jasper thought that. He would much rather Tilly go to experience that aspect first, rather than be fixated on searching for valuables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom