Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crash Course

Amani nodded, and let the silence linger while Jonyna dwelled on her own musings. She studied the lightsaber hilt as it was offered, "I'll do what I can," She offered, "We have specialized artisans who may have a bit more expertise, but, we all complete the construction of our own lightsabers."

The mirialan looked down one of the long halls, "There's a temple workshop that will have access to materials and tools. If you'd like a look?"

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
"Show me? When I built these things, I didn't have access to any of that, just a buddy who was a padawan on the run who liked to tinker." She gave a weak smile, hoping for some guidance. It was moments like this that made her feel like she was still a youngling, and that her training with Sylvar had amounted to little...

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani nodded, turned, and waited for Jonyna to follower her. She led them down the vast hallways that connected the temple, passing by large windowed vistas of Coruscant beyond. The towers gleamed in sunlight, surrounded by well-regulated swarms of air traffic. In here, though, it was quiet. The din of a citywide planet was muted behind temple walls, and passing Jedi were few on their way to the workshop.

Eventually, she stopped a set of doors, which slid open to reveal a chamber that contained a variety of tools, and even some works in progress. From delicate sculptures to lightsabers to droids. More windows made up the back wall, continuing the grand view of Galactic City, "This here is our main workshop. Artisans train our students in the use of construction and creativity via the Force." Amani wandered past some of the projects, not daring to touch another's incomplete work, "We also have holocrons which contain information on things like lightsaber construction. And many more subjects."

Right. "Ah— A holocron is a databank. It stores information only accessible by use of the Force." The mirialan moved with purpose to a side door, beyond which was a simple storage space. Among the stored items was an engraved, crystalline cube. Amani lifted it up in her palm, and channeled the Force. The cube began to unfold, and revealed a holographic diagram of a similar device: A holocron about creating holocrons.

"Each one is different. Some might contain simple data or schematics, others might be messages, or entire lessons," She explained, deactivating the cube and setting it back down.

Jonyna's eyes practically sparkled at that information. The idea of force activated lessons. She was good at the force. This was right up her alley. "And, as part of the order, I can just...look at all these, yeah?"

The idea rang in her head over and over. Anything she could ask for, she could learn from a holocron. She's still need to practice, but...she wouldn't need to read to do it. It was all there for her, in glorious holograms...

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani cocked an eyebrow, "Well, you can look at any that you have clearance for," Instructive information wasn't necessarily restricted. But there were some a new member might be unable or unready to utilize, "Generally any holocron you can check out from the archives will be available to you. As well as any being used in a place like this. But some holocrons are dangerous," She affirmed.

"Sith have holocrons of their own, and should any of those be in our possession, they are not to be trifled with,"
But said models would not be freely stocked in the archives or other public temple spaces, "Understood?"

Jonyna blinked at the thought. Clearance? That was a new concept to her. “…I take it it'll be obvious what I'm not allowed to touch? Because I...still can't read." The cathar flicked her tail in slight annoyance. She wanted to learn, be a real jedi. She wasn't exactly planning to take over the galaxy.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani raised an eyebrow, "Mhm," That is pretty much what she just said, "And reading won't come overnight. You'll need patience. But once you get the basics, I think everything will fall into place."

Before she could say anything else, a sudden buzzing noise rang out from Amani's pocket. She pulled out an encrypted communicator, which flashed a hologram of data. The mirialan scanned it quickly, "Looks like Council duty calls," She pocketed the device once more, "We can start your lessons tomorrow, if you're ready then. Anything else you need from me right now?"

Amani just nodded, "Knock yourself out. I warn you though, some of it's a bit of a doozy." She smirked faintly and waved a hand, before stepping away, "Take care. I look forward to working with you tomorrow." And with that, she took her leave off to the Council chambers. Duty calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom