Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crash Course

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant
DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Amani's time as a teacher was usually spent educating younglings or padawans. In truth it was something she wished she could do more often, but duties as Chief Healer and as a Councilor split her focus too much to be a teacher full-time. So she was a bit surprised when called upon to help a Knight of all people, but it seemed this was a special case. Far be it from her to ignore an opportunity to help.

The mirialan awaited their meeting in the main hall, against one of the massive marbled pillars that touched the ceiling. Hopefully whatever this individual needed, she would be able to offer.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Said Knight came a few minutes late, seeming to be still getting used to the huge building that was the jedi temple. But, she did come in time, clad in her white and gold robes that seemed in stark contrast to the normal robes everyone else was wearing.

"Um....hi? I was told you were a teacher of sorts..."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

A Cathar woman approached her just a few minutes later, no doubt the Knight in question. Amani offered her a cordial smile, and dipped her head, "Of sorts," She repeated wryly.

"My name is Amani Serys-Organa. I'm the Chief Healer for the New Jedi Order. From what I understand you're new around here, Knight…?" The mirialan trailed off to let the woman fill in her name.

DeadpoolMLP

"Si. Jonyna Si. And yes, new would be the apt word." The cathar let out an awkward cough, her tail curling around her waist as she spoke. "I come from...a different time. How familiar with history are you?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

DeadpoolMLP

"I woke up last week after spending 900 years in the ice. Peeved a Witch, who'da thunk." She shrugged, giving a smirk before letting out a sigh. "I uh...I never got the chance to meet others like me. Jedi, I mean. Only ever got to know a renegade padawan and a knight from way before my time. So..." The Cathar let out a cough. "Due to my circumstances, I never learned most of what I would've had I trained here. Figured you could...ya know...catch me up."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani put the pieces together quickly. Jonyna was active right after the Purge. The fact that a supposed witch was capable of keeping her under for so long would be impressive, if it weren't so equally distressing. It stood to reason this Jedi had a few things to figure out.

"Well, I'd be happy to help get you reacquainted and ah, caught up on the future. I'm sure you have a lot of questions."
Amani pushed off the pillar she was leaning on, and began to wander down the main hall, "I guess I'd start by asking what you're already familiar with. How have things been for you since waking up?"

DeadpoolMLP

“Good, I think? Master Noble gave me a room, which is…kinda surreal to have a room in the Jedi temple. Never thought I’d ever get the chance to see this place, let alone live in it.”

She let out a chuckle, brushing some hair out of her face. “I don’t think I enjoy the city life though. Too much noise, miss the jungle. And yeah, lotta questions. I only ever got the chance to ask this to a Jedi once, but…” She paused, pushing her tongue into her lip. “…what does being a Jedi actually mean?”

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"I'm not much one for the duracrete jungle, either." Amani concurred. She slowed down when Jonyna asked her question, pondering it for a few long seconds. What does it mean to be a Jedi? It was complex to answer, "Well. It can mean different things to different people. But if I were to boil it down, I would say…

Being a Jedi means living in harmony with the will of the Force. It means building a mastery over your emotions, not suppressing them. It means being a protector."
The mirialan paused, the nodded as if to confirm her own statement, "Jedi fill many roles, but ultimately it is our goal to preserve life, liberty, and peace throughout the galaxy."

DeadpoolMLP

“…when I was growing up in the outer rim, hiding from the Empire, I had to figure it all out myself. To me, the force is like a Cathar. We’re all born with claws and fangs, but it’s only if you let that anger rule you that those things become a bad thing.” Jonyna nodded. “I tried to live by that when I was running around calling myself a Jedi. Do Good. Protect the Innocent.” She smiled, gripping her saber at her hipGlad to see I made the right assumptions when making my code…” The Cathar pouted, rolling her eyes, “My research on the Jedi of old painted them as self righteous fools who acted like they had better things to do than help people.”

She paused, letting out a pretty fake sounding cough. “Sorry, just proud of myself there. So…my teacher back in the day was the ghost a Knight named Sylvar. She fought in the Great Sith War, and while she taught me a lot, the more time I spend here, the more I realize how much I missed not being trained in the more traditional path. A padawan by the name of Lily mentioned the other day about different specialties I can take. How does one do that?”

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani shrugged, "The Jedi have a history of being too stuck in their ways to adapt. But I like to we've, for the most part at least, evolved past our greatest faults." Especially towards the end of their original iteration, Jedi had become particularly clouded by their complacency. But Jedi were no longer forbidden from attachments, and had moved into a much healthier middle ground overall.

"Well, ultimately it's just a matter of where you focus your training, and how you choose to apply that as a Jedi. I've been a healer ever since I developed the acumen. And that was where I dedicated my studies." She gestured vaguely, "Is there something you already had in mind for a specialization?"

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna took pause, looking down at her sword and saber. "I've ever known combat. Being the hero to the Outer Rim, saving people with the Force. I don't think I could ever be a healer like you. I'm just there for when things go wrong."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Well, perhaps you would be more suited for the path of a Guardian," Amani assessed with a shrug, "Guardians are often skilled combatants. Our first line of defense against whatever dark forces might threaten the innocent."

The mirialan outstretched her hands, "Ace pilots. Weapon instructors. Peacekeepers. Them and others all fall under the branch of Guardian."

DeadpoolMLP

"That sounds like my speed." Jonyna smiled. "But uh..." She let out a cough. "There is one other thing I might need from you before I go down that path."

Jonyna stood there for a moment, looking rather embarrassed for the first time. Her tail curled around her waist, claws digging into the floor. "...I'd need to...learn to read."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Of course," Amani nodded, studying the Cathar's apprehension curiously, but without judgement. Though at the reveal that she was illiterate, the healer blinked. She hadn't quite expected that to be the answer she got. But once more she shook her head, and smiled, "I see. Well, lucky for you, I do know how to read. Aurebesh is relatively simple to piece together once you get the basics."

"So, if it's a few lesson you're looking for, I'd be glad to help."

DeadpoolMLP

"I speak like 5 different languages and yet can't read basic." She pursed her lips in frustration. It'd never been a priority when she had a pseudo-family to fall back on. But now she was on her own. "I'd like to at least be able to do that going forward..."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Well, we can arrange that, no problem." Amani nodded, "Jedi are learners, as much as everything else." Always learning, always training. Even the masters knew there was always something more to better themselves with.

Still, she was curious about the circumstances that led Jonyna to where she was, "If you don't mind my asking, what did you do before you started your Jedi path?"

DeadpoolMLP

“Only thing you really could do back during the days of the Empire. Bounty Hunting.” Jonyna couldn’t help but shrug. “Though, I preferred the term Vigilante, it was more often than not me hunting down scumbags and turning them in for some credits so I could get to the next planet and look for more clues on how to follow the Jedi path…”

She paused, frowning. “…I was on my way to become a youngling when the purge started. Never got the chance to even see the temple before I was fleeing for my life, so…a good portion of my childhood was me searching for answers on what a Jedi actually was…”

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that," It was now doubt a difficult time for a Jedi to survive. That she was forced on the run before even really getting to be a member must have been challenging, "But you're here now. And now you can see what it really means to be a Jedi with us."

"We're not on the run anymore. We can be what we were really meant to be."

DeadpoolMLP

"Heroes." Jonyna nodded, as if to finish Amani Serys Amani Serys 's sentence. "At least, that's what I thought the jedi were supposed to be..." she looked less certain now. All her life she'd built up a myth on what jedi were, what jedi were supposed to be. Now she was in the presence of real jedi, and she felt...inadequate.

She look down, pulling her primary saber off her belt, and looking at it. It'd been built back during the time when her and Giran were using scraps they could afford to steal as their primary material. Now she was in the temple, with a real knight. Someone who had access to real materials.
"...while I'm here, talking to you. Can you uh...help me update this thing?" She offered the saber, also pulling her other saber off her back. "Both of them, for that matter."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom