Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Courscant Nightlife

Caden looked around.

It had been too long since he had been in the core worlds. It wasn’t through personal choice, after being knighted everything had happened very quickly. He left soon after his knighting, returning to meet some old friends.

He wasn’t sure if he’d ever be able to get the Mustafar ash out of his hair.

The young Jedi Knight had fallen asleep the night of his ceremony. He woke up to multiple messages asking for help, friends he had made who served with The Blackguard. He wasn’t expecting to hear from them again, so when he did he was surprised.

That was six months ago.

He’d spent six months exploring the outer rim, looking for information on The Blackguard of old. He’d been mostly focused on Mustafar and it’s moons, scouring them for anything that he could use.

And that search had brought him into the core worlds finally. It had brought him to Courscant. It had changed drastically since he had last visited the planet. Caden wasn’t sure what had happened, he’d accidentally been radio silence for six months.

He’d made for the temple, home of knowledge. Little did he know, it no longer existed. He knelt in the rubble of the former Jedi Temple and sighed to himself. He’d have to try another method.

Last edited:

Iri Tuteru

I

Coruscant Nightlife
Time: Evening
Tags: Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Iri has been on coruscant for many years now, he was fortunate enough to have seen the grand temple in its full splender. He had also been present during the destruction, something that he would never be able to forget. The fires and explosions of that night had been burned into his mind, and his body; the scars of war marked even one so young as himself.

The temple had been quiet lively recently, it seemed that these ruins still held secrets that others wanted, and he was lucky to still be here after the events occurring a couple of nights back. It was strange to see a Padawan here within the ruins that remained, most had been moved to other temples but he had been stubborn. There was something here that made him want to remain, the force, it made him need to stay as if he was destined for something very soon.

Iri coughed lightly as he approached behind the strange figure kneeling in the rubble, it seemed like all kinds of people had been drawn here recently and he hoped that it wasn't more trouble; a pilgrim perhaps. He took careful note of the man's attire attempting to discern exactly who he was. His eyes drifted to his lightsaber, a Jedi perhaps, no sith would come towards the deep core as it would be a death sentence at best.

"Ah - excuse me is there something that you need help with?" he would ask with an inquisitive tone, scratching his head. Iri was a Padawan roughly fourteen years of age, by his side, only a simple training blade hung. He had yet to complete a crucial step that many of his peers had, after all, he still lacked a teacher.

He remained relatively cautious ready to flee to the few guards who remained to protect the holy site of the order if it was trouble, he doubted he would be able to defend himself against a full-blown Sith, or worse.

Caden slightly jumped.

The voice behind him startled him slightly. He wasn’t expecting anyone else to join him in the rubble of the former temple. He assumed (once he’d realised the temple didn’t exist anyway) it would be fairly quiet, if not abandoned. His assumption was that the Jedi Order had moved location and everything valuable.

It didn’t stop him being fairly annoyed.

He had travelled all the way into the core worlds to plead his case to the Jedi, to plead his case as to why he should be allowed access to their archives. He figured that the Jedi would have information on the order known as The Blackguard, more than anyone else anyway.

What had happened after his knighting was a story he wasn’t ready to tell just yet.

The young Jedi Knight hadn’t dressed like a typical Jedi. He still owned his robes, of course, but he had left those behind on his ship. Instead he used the outfits brought from Chase, a company he had a very minor part of. He was in a casual T-shirt and jacket as well as some casual bottoms and boots.

His belt was around his waist, lightsaber attached to it. He assumed it had been hidden, but judging by the eyes of his new acquaintance, it had been spotted. He has his blaster attached to the opposite side of his utility belt. He never travelled without weapons, the Mandalorian training within him.

“My name is Caden Evesa. Some know me as a Mandalorian, others a warrior. To some, I’m a wanderer and I’m lost. To most, I’m nobody. To the select few who know however, I’m a Jedi Knight. I’ve been lost in the Outer Rim for a while, this is the first time I’ve seen the damage. What happened here? Actually, scratch that. Better question. Who are you? Friend or foe?”

Caden grinned, looking at the young boy. He wasn’t much older than he was when he began exploring the galaxy. Caden assumed he was a Pantoran, judging by the blue skin. He’d never really come across them in his adventures.

“Do I need to fight, run or stay and talk?”

Iri Tuteru

Iri Tuteru

I

Coruscant Nightlife

Iri almost jumped back with shock, the knight's reaction to beging caught off guard almost left the cautious Padawan with a fright himself. After all, such a jerk of reaction could have been mistaken for an attack. He steadied himself as the man began to introduce himself, clearly, it was not a foe that he was dealing with.

Iri smiled as the man introduced himself, before replying himself with a hurried tone. "Ah-, I am sorry I did not greet you more formally. I am Iri, a Padawan of the order" his head bowing respectfully. Iri's mind began to spin slightly as he brought up the events that transpired here, he would never forget what happened, but it was painful to even remember. Many good people had died that day, and Iri was lucky to even be alive himself.

The man's following words left Iri rather stunned, Fight?, Run? Why would he need to do that exactly, this was coruscant after all one of the safest places within the galaxy. "Why would you need to Fight or Run? We are on one of the most protected planets in the galaxy. Few can wreak havoc here."

Caden looked at the young Padawan.

He wasn’t very good at being formal and he definitely didn’t expect the padawan to be formal in return. Even though Caden technically outranked the young boy, he still didn’t expect the formalities at all.

“You’d be surprised what havoc can be wrecked here. I’ve got enough scars from my time down in the lower levels, trust me”

He offered a slight smile.

“Plus, with the Sith active, you can never be sure who’s a friend or a foe. Though, I reckon I could take you in a fight”

Caden chuckled, gesturing to the boys training weapon. It felt like both minutes and years ago since he had held a training lightsaber. He was more used to the real deal, he’d had the real weapon since he was fourteen. Fourteen or fifteen, he couldn’t be sure. Either way, he’d had it a while.

“Two questions for you, and ones a repeat. Who’s your master first off. Second, what happened here?”

Iri Tuteru

Last edited:

Iri Tuteru

I

Coruscant Nightlife

Compared to the knight that stood before him, Iri was relatively naive and sheltered. Though he had been scarred by the wars of the galaxy, he had experienced little first-hand and was under the illusion that Coruscant was the safest place to be. He had spent most of his time in the temple, only leaving now and again with the other force sensitives when they decided to sneak out to cause some chaos. He had never truly been exposed to the danger that lurked within the shadows.

"Coruscant can truly be that dangerous? I thought it was one of the safest places to be in the whole galaxy... well at least when there are no sith around." Iri raised a brow and scratched his head in an award manner as he replied to the knight's question, returning the smile that was offered. "I don't know about taking me in a fight, I am pretty good with this training blade, though I suppose it wouldn't last a second against a real lightsaber." Iri proudly rebutted, clearly confident in his own skills.

"Well I don't really have a Master yet, I suppose. That is something that the force has not worked out for me yet, I have yet to go down that path." He replied in a less than confident tone, clearly, the knight had hit a sore point, even if unintentional. His mood clearly darkened slightly at the mention of the events that transpired here

"Well, where to start... I don't really know all that much apart from the bits that I witnessed. But it all seems like a blur thinking back on it. There was a traitor within the order, the Sith came and attacked the temple with the help of the insider. Coruscant burned and the temple was destroyed. I and the other students were evacuated into the lower levels so that was all I witnessed. After the battle, I remained within the temple ruins as I felt a calling, that something - the force wanted me to remain here."

Iri continued to tell the story, not taking a moment to even think through the words he spoke as if it flowed from a very vivid memory.

Caden listened to the young Pantoran as he spoke, told his story. Inherently, the boy was telling his version of events, thus his story. It was however, the only version Caden had heard and he had no reason to doubt the boy.

The young Jedi Knight crossed his arms, casting his eyes around the ruins. The story added up, it very much explained the ruins. What it didn’t answer was where everything was, all of the archive information that he wanted.

“That looked painful to share, I appreciate it”

He closed his eyes softly, reaching out with the force. He could sense the young Padawan in front of him and he could sense the hurt and the pain that had been caused by the destruction.

“What happened to everything stored here? Was it recovered? Is it accessible? Certainly could do with some information, which is why I’m here inherently”

Iri Tuteru

Iri Tuteru

I

Coruscant Nightlife

Iri smiled as he finished telling the story, scratching his head awkwardly. It was clearly painful to resist that time, no matter how much of a brave face he put on, he was clearly still haunted by the events that had transpired.

"It is fine." was all that Iri could muster in reply. No matter how obviously painful it was to retell the story, he didn't want the knight to pitty him, after all, everyone carried their own scars and baggage.

"Well, I am not too sure about everything that was held within the temple, no doubt some of it was destroyed in the battle. Pieces still remain within the ruins, guarded by a few temple guards until they can either be recovered or transported. I would think that the vast majority has been moved to the prosperity. That is the main headquarters of the New Jedi Order now, it is a massive spaceship that acts as a mobile temple."

His mood clearly shifted as he spoke about the ship, just thinking about the size of the temple in question caused wanderlust to fill his eyes. "I have been there once before for a brief period of time with Master Noble. It was an amazing experience, and well I actually plan to head there soon to meet my potential future Master."

Caden nodded along as the boy spoke.

It seemed that the New Jedi Order had attempted to save as much as they could, stashing everything onboard a ship, a floating temple. It was weird, but it wasn’t inherently a bad idea. It was a lot more difficult to find a single ship.

Master Noble was a name he’d never heard.

The young Jedi Knight raised an eyebrow at the mention of the name. He was assuming that this Master was a Jedi who had very quickly risen through the ranks while he was away in the outer rim.

He looked at the boy as he finished.

“Well then. It appears we both seem to be heading in the same direction. I have to make or two quick pit stops before I leave this planet, but if you can survive that long, I can offer you a ride to this floating temple. What was it called again, The Prosperity?”

Iri Tuteru

Iri Tuteru

I

Coruscant Nightlife

He smiled at the offer of a lift to the Jedi Temple, he had never been on a spaceship other than those specifically used to carry force sensitives when undertaking a pilgrimage, or trip as a class.

"I appreciate the offer," Iri replied in a warm tone, clearly the Jedi before him had started to grow on him, despite their unusual meeting. "But there has been a transport ship already been arranged to pick me up. I don't doubt that I shall see you onboard. I should probably head back to the temple for now. It has been a pleasure meeting you." With that said Iri once more formally bowed towards the Jedi before heading into the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom