Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Count on the Courts

Tanomas Graf

T
Ralph_McQuarrie_Star_Wars_Return_of_the_Jedi-5065791982_59b7601a36_b_6..jpg
T H E I M P E R I A L C I T A D E L , K A M I N O
8 5 0 A B Y - T H R E E D A Y S A F T E R E O L S H A

"Count [member="Adron Malvern"], Countess [member="Anya Loma"]"

The form of one Grand Moff Tanomas Graf boomed authoritatively from the head of the large circular table that bore a radiant emerald Imperial crest in the center, the table that the Imperial Moff council always gathered around for every meeting. Currently only two seats were occupied; Director Travis Caalgen of Scarif and the Grand Moff himself due to the recent terrorist attack that had wiped out the Kamino sector moffs.

"You stand accused of the slaughter of Imperial navy crewmen, the destruction of an Imperial ship, and continuing the fighting against our allies; the Resurgent Empire, and the Sith Empire. Bringing chaos to an already-fragile region of the galaxy."

At this point, the once old man drummed his fingers against the table, calling attention to the forearm he lost at Serenno, caused indirectly by the count standing in front of him.

"But that was and is war. A war that your predecessor started, one that the Sith provoked with their mere presence. You did what was necessary to protect your holdings, to protect your people, but it was too late."

"Serenno has fallen. The Sith reign dominion on that entire sector. If you return, you die or meet a face worth than death. That is why I will offer you...compensation...here in the Empire."

The room before the Count and his Lady was warm and the air seemed thin. Sterilized by the Imperial atmosphere Adron felt as if he was thrown into a vacuum far away from the rest of the galaxy. The majority of the time he spent in this room was spent marveling at the Imperial Crest stamped on their meeting table, and how it seemed to command the eyes of any individual seeing it for the first time.

Within the room was the subtle yet noticeable mute in the Force, no doubt enforced by the presence of the Ysalamari that were brought in with the pair of Force Users.

It made no difference, there would be no escape from such a facility. In the heart of Imperial territory the Count merely waited until he was issued the verdict that would surely end his life. The Grand Moff rose to his presence, forcing an even silence over the room as his tone brought Adron's full attention to him. "Everything I did was in service to my people. If you will take my head for this, so be it." The Archlord stated simply, making little attempt to mask his currently pessimistic outlook.

The Grand Moff's tone took a turn that came with the truth behind his words. It had been the former Archlord of the Dominion, and his advisers who turned The Dominion into a radical expansionist nation. However, The Count had no intentions of pushing the blame on his predecessor, for it was he who stood before an Imperial Council to receive judgement.

Serenno has fallen.

The words stung more than anything else. More than all the deaths in The Dominion, more than the sacking of his House, and more than the loss of a thousand ships. The planet his father prematurely entrusted to his son, had fallen to the Sith and was in a destructive ruin.

Against the harsh reality that was the Grand Moff's words Adron's head rose, maintaining the respect and dignity of his House. If they could take everything from him, they could never take who he was.

"You would have me serve the Empire? A slave? A trophy that you would force into submission?"

The Count glanced back to Anya, maintaining a silence before his gaze was returned to the grizzled Moff. "Why do you offer me a deal? Why not take my head and be done with it?"

[member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Anya Loma"]

Tanomas Graf

T
"You would have me serve the Empire? A slave? A trophy that you would force into submission?" The Count glanced back to Anya, maintaining a silence before his gaze was returned to the grizzled Moff. "Why do you offer me a deal? Why not take my head and be done with it?"

The Caridan's face cracked into a smile, inappropriate for a situation like this. "This Empire, the Third Galactic Empire, does not merely punish failures with executions, even failures made by our enemies. You led the fleet against my own over Serenno, you prove yourself to be a competent military and civilian leader, a rare mixture."

"I would have you become High Moff of the Bothawui sector. I would give you everything you need to start anew, and perhaps start a family along the way, on the other side of the galaxy away from the Sith." Tanomas informed "And if not, you may leave, with nothing but a ship and the clothes on your backs."

[member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Anya Loma"]

[member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Anya sat close to adron, her hand simply on his arm as she looked to the grand moff. She hasn't admired the place around he mostly focusing on trying to keep adron calm and in the now...but even she could feel the sting of lose at their home...one she loved so dearly

She looked to adron then back, the moff spoke as she bowed her head, she held no shame in defending her home and wpuld proudly say she did so

She looked as he spoke his voice...suddenly taking a turn...he spoke the truth, anya believed it so. His next set of words brought some hope to her soul, she glanced to adron. Her eyes had hope to them as she leaned in and spoke once he was done

adron, I say take it...it means you can live and we can finally get married and we can just live together

Her voice was pleading as she looked into his eyes as she put a hand on his, she hoped her words stuck

The offer was tempting, far too tempting for it to be discarded as if some paltry deal. It was not an offer that one would ever receive again if they were to live a thousand life times. An entire Sector under his command, the funds and Command to rebuild everything he had lost, most importantly a new place he could call home. A new place where his family name could once again mean something.

He leaned against the table, staring at the Imperial emblem solemnly before finally he let out a soft exhale.

Adron parted a lock of hair that had pressed against his eye before looking to the man who stood before him. Grand Moff Tanomas Graf. Adron's spies had dug from their depths that it was that very man who Adron faced over Serenno. To put a face to the name was something a rare few were allowed.

In some ways it was rather ironic. The same man who had aided the Sith in destroying Adron's home, now offered him one under his wing.

He was about to speak when he felt Anya's hands pressed against his own, willing his attention towards her. As he turned to see her pleading expression he but raised a finger in a soft, yet meaningful motion to silence her. Witnessed by everyone he placed a tender hand on her cheek before returning to the Grand Moff.

"It would take a thousand fools to deny such a deal. I will not. Your Empire has proven, if nothing else, honorable. When my men were taken on Eol Sha they were treated fairly, when we evacuated our civilians they were left in peace, and above all you did not harm the Lady of my House. I will accept your terms. On the grounds that any man under my command the day I was captured may be given the choice to serve in the Empire, or be set free to pursue his own life."

The Count's eyes locked on the Grand Moff, his words icing over as he spoke plainly. "But mark my words, Grand Moff. One day, those Sith who destroyed my home and desecrated my people. They will all die."

[member="Anya Loma"] [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Tanomas Graf

T
"Very well, your men will be freed." Tanomas promised, deep down he sympathized with [member="Adron Malvern"]'s plight; the man's own world had been ravaged by the Republic and the Sith, and he was unable to stop it so many years ago, just like how he was powerless to save Hapes from the malevolent force entity.

The Imperator gestured with his cybernetic and two red-robed Imperial guardsmen stepped forward, unbinding the hands of the man and [member="Anya Loma"], and probably surprising them by handing them their respective lightsabers before moving back to their positions at the side of the blast door, becoming statue-like once more.

"The Sith are a means to an end. They cleanse the galaxy of the Silver Jedi Order and any other chaotic power that carves out their fiefdom in that region of the Outer Rim while we solidify our foundation, a move that would serve most galactic powers well, and tame Wild Space." The old man grimaced "But in the grand scale of things, they themselves are a chaotic force. They will submit to the Empire, and you will have vengeance. For now, patience my friend."

The Grand Moff stood up and approached the Count, receiving a lockbox from Director Caalgen as he passed, stopping in front of him. Opening it up, he showed the contents to Adron: A grey Imperial uniform, a rank insignia plaque (A row of six blue squares on top of one with four red squares and two gold squares, not unlike the Grand Moff's own), and four blue-tipped code cylinders.

"Welcome to the Galactic Empire, High Moff Malvern."

[member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

She let a breath of relief out, some of those men she knew well. She wondered if adrons security officer made it out...that man she could only pray survived she liked him a lot

She looked to the two guards and then her hands, she rubbed her wrists as she sighed enjoying the feeling of them being freed, she looked to her saber as it was handed...she was silent a few second before she gently took it and put it on her hip

She relaxed calm now, she felt no worry she'd lose adron today, she silently thank the grand moff repeatedly. This man had her respect now for sure. She watched him move as she saw them procure a box, she looked to it and glanced inside it as she awed...a fresh uniform cylinders and rank bar for adron...it almost seemed to shine to anya...

The Grand Moff requested Adron maintain a mindset of patience. In the wake of losing one's home that seemed nearly impossible, yet the Count knew it must be done if there was to finally be peace. The freedom of his wrists was well received, as was the returning of his weapon. He glanced down at the device for a moment before examining the surroundings of the office before him. It would be easy, and very possible for him to cut down both the Director and the Grand Moff. With his wife at his side they could assassinate the two and even possibly escape.

However, he would doom his men to death, betray his words, and more importantly be left with nothing to move forward to. Clasping the weapon to his hip he exhaled softly before arching a brow at the approaching Moff.

The uniform laid out before him caused a moment of silence as he stared at it. Running his hand over the impressive fabric he could not help but chuckle at the irony before him. In attempting to create a new Republic where peace and understanding would shine, he had delivered himself into the hands of an Imperial agenda.

No matter....If there is to be true peace, this is the way. He mused, before turning towards his Lady. He could see the relief that washed over her expression, and it quickly transferred to him.

"This is the path we will have to walk. I tried to bring peace to the people...and for my efforts my House was sacked, you were nearly blinded, and my planet was lost. So if peace will not be accepted, it will be enforced." He said, with a great deal of finality.

Adron closed the lock box, turning his attention towards Tanomas Graf. "Tell me about the Bothawui Sector. I want to begin my duties immediately...Sir." He finished.

[member="Anya Loma"] [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Tanomas Graf

T
Tanomas saw the glint in the man's eyes once he received his lightsaber, as well as the subsequent glance around the Imperial council room. It wouldn't of struck him odd until a slight chill irradiated down his spine, a chill that he hadn't felt since the pursuit of the Millennium Falcon while he was on the bridge of the Avenger.

Then the voices came again, but this time it was much more guttural, much more commanding than those of Captain Lorth Needa or Lord Darth Vader.

"You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed." It said, like a vibroblade scraping against durasteel. "Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant."

"No!"

"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine!"

Graf leaned against the council's table for support, mulling over this experience as he did with the others. Not letting it impact his current situation, the Imperator returned his attention to [member="Adron Malvern"] as he spoke. "This is the path we will have to walk. I tried to bring peace to the people...and for my efforts my House was sacked, you were nearly blinded, and my planet was lost. So if peace will not be accepted, it will be enforced." He said, with a great deal of finality. "Tell me about the Bothawui Sector. I want to begin my duties immediately...Sir."

"The Bothawui sector is one of the most important sectors in the Empire. It includes, as its namesake suggests, Bothawui which is valuable due to its connection to the Spy Network." Graf began "But there are also several systems that play host to important military locations such as training academies, foundries an shipyards. As a High Moff, you will cater almost exclusively to the Both system, but will oversee the machinations of the other system moffs." He ended, looking into the eyes of the former-Archlord.

[member="Anya Loma"]

Adron's hand ran over the cold metal of the lock box, an amused smirk coming over his face before he finally looked to the Grand Moff. "I'll need time to familiarize myself with Imperial Doctrine, collect a staff, and establish myself in the sector. Less than a month." He assured the man before tapping the side of the box softly.

Their eyes locked as he was informed of his tasks. Adron had been to Bothawui once more as a young lad, though some time had passed since that visit. "The bothans are a proud people. How are they dealing with Imperial occupation? For so many years they remained independent. To be integrated into the Empire will take some time." He explained.

He pressed a hand to his beard, running his fingers over the thin layer of facial hair before clearing his throat.

"I'll focus my efforts on improving Imperial relations in that area as well as expunging any remnants of.....undesirables." Standing to his full height Adron crossed his arms, keeping his hand placed on his chin before he turned to Anya. "I'll need you to stay on Bothawui for the next few weeks. We are going to need a new home, I want you to take care of that." His hand caressed her cheek before he turned to the Moff, arching a brow. "Also, I had a shipping and supply Company, I assume there won't be any problems with me relocating what remains of it's resources to the Empire?" He asked.

[member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Anya Loma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom