Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Council Business - Jedi Korr

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
The conference room was small but there were homemade baked-goods sitting in the middle of the round-table. Kitt Solo's image flickered to life on a projection at the head.

"Greetings fellow councilors. I would like to share with you an urgent message I received from a jedi knight. I trust each of you for your confidentiality. I did not want to risk sharing this message with you in writing. The knight is requesting one of our stealth vessels, the Sekairo, for a mission against the Sith. There is a chance they will not survive and the ship will not be returned."

Her image flickered as she let that sink in.

"I need your vote. Do we risk lending the ship? What are our terms? If we do decide to lend this ship and we need a representative to go, I would of course, volunteer myself."

One sith negotiations had stalled. She wasn't worried about that partnership at the moment. She wasn't even sure if the sith involved were from One Sith.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Lucianus Adair"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien was nibbling on a tart as he listened to councillor Solo. He did not very much like the idea of handing an expensive stealth vessal to some nameless knight and a Jedi besides. He would need more information before he made a decision on the subject. He placed the half finished tart back down onto his plate. Leaning forward he spoke "Lady Solo I for one am reluctant to hand over a stealth ship to some nameless Jedi who thus far provides us only vague information, I would require further details before making my decision can the knight be brought here or at the very least be brought into contact with us?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Ryan Korr"]

"That is a wonderful suggestion, Councilor Cordel. I'll get him on the line." She was just happy he liked the tarts.

Beep-beep-boop-boop.

"Korr, you're on speaker comm before the Fringe High Council. Some of our members have some questions about your request."

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Kitt Solo"]

Lucien nodded and sat back in his chair and awaited the Jedi knight. Lucien was vaugly amused that a Jedi was seeking aid from a faction populated by numourous sith of the highest calibre. Perhaps after he had used the ship he would run them all through with a self righteous glow stick. Now that would be quite the spectical.

Lucien indicated to one of the many silent attendants that he required a drink before resuming his ingestion of lady solos tart. He would let the Jedi speak first.

"Thank you.

Greetings High Councillors, I'm sure you have a great many questions and I will do my best to answer them without jeopardizing the operation. Yet, I would have you know that I am on a mission to rescue members of my Order. I refuse to consign them to darkness and torture at the hands of our enemies. Though I have great need of your technology, if you decline my request I will find some other way."

[member="Kitt Solo"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Jared Ovmar"]

Lucien smiled "You have a gift sir, a gift for saying lots whilst really telling us nothing" Lucien rather liked this Jedi, he was far from perfect but it seemed he was less righteously indignant than his fellow kin. The time had come to begin interrogating the Jedi "firstly we both have many enemies, which one has your colleages ?" Lucien paused for a moment "secondly were have they got your fellow Jedi imprisoned?" As he waited for an answer he focused on connecting to the Jedi's mind he could never publicly give away a stealth ship to an enemy to attack another such could be seen as an act of war, privately however and with the correct background Dutch a move could be glossed over.

A presence shifted across the edges of Ryan's mind and the Jedi Knight tensed. Mental walls rose like buttresses of steel, locking down his mind faster than a blast door. He could not be considered particularly gifted at any singular ability, but he maintained the well-rounded skills expected of every Jedi Knight, including defense of the mind.

"I understand your concern, but do not presume to tamper with my mind. I came to you in a time of need, expecting nothing. I am prepared to leave, not happily, but to leave with nothing. As for my colleagues, they are being held by the One Sith... we believe they are on Coruscant."

[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Kitt Solo"]

"You miss understand my intent ..." Lucien said leaning forward "some things are better unsaid" he whispered. As hard as it was to be live Lucien only wanted to communicate telepathicly with the Jedi. Lucien sat back "As I'm sure you know the fringe remains a neutral faction and I wish to keep it that way, try to incite us to war again and I will have you torn apart by nexu" he then stood up. His voice was raised for dramatic effect. Any spies watching would see Lucien Denis the Jedi. However Lucien tried to talk again to [member="Ryan Korr"] "come to my palace on Zaadja and we will negotiate ... Dress the part of a noble" the message was taxing and made Lucien feel light headed but it would get through if Ryan let it. At that point Lucien swept from the room.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
The Ovmar blinked when Cordel made the room his proverbial wench and swept away with a figural dash of his metaphorical cloak. He was in the right though, but perhaps Lucien could have phrased it a tad better.

‘The point being here, Master Knight, is that we have no vested interest in meddling between the Sith and the Republic as of this time. Why would we borrow you a stealth ship, what would the advantage be for us? Except the good feeling of a job well done, of course.’

The key phrasing here was ‘at this time’, Ovmar wasn’t entirely adverse against messing around with the Sith… it just needed to be done with plausible deniability.

With practiced ease he slipped through the Knight’s mental defenses, and left him a message of the mental sort.

‘I don’t have any problems with you causing some… problems with the Sith, in contrary… it’s a splendid idea. But I am not going to link my Nation to your cause, which is not the same as me not going to give you that ship. How do you feel about metaphorical acquisition of goods without official authorization?’

[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Kitt Solo"]

Korr ground his teeth so loudly it was a wonder that the Councillors of the Fringe half a galaxy away didn't hear it. Two events spurred his serene mask to slipping. The first was Lucien's mention of nobility. Being raised by a peasant farmer under the rule of an oppressive nobility, then taken and sold by their ilk into slavery Ryan held small love for aristocracy. The second action that slipped under Korr's skin was Ovmar's spurious use of telepathy.

The young Jedi Knight contemplated ending the conversation right then and there, but he closed his eyes, breathed out heavily through his nose, and thought of the lives he needed to save.

"Councillor Ovmar," Ryan's voice was as edged as a vibrosword, "Do you not wonder for a moment that your intrusion into my mind might have cost me more than simple comfort? You directly went against my wishes and compromised me. Think. A Sith Lord has been inside my head. The implications with the Jedi Council? They will not simply shrug and move along, nor should they." Clenched fists trembled before Ryan took another deep breath. "Your-..." Ryan's mouth abruptly clamped shut, lips pursing and face turning to stone. "Your nation will not be implicated."

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Ryan Korr"]

As a matter of fact Ovmar didn’t particularly care if the Jedi Knight would be considered compromised by the Jedi Council. One good man no longer trusted by the Order, was one good man shunned by the Order and with that they would have one less tool to utilize in their more… delicate procedures.

So… hard to find good, trusted men these days.

‘Then we have an understanding.’ he said to the Knight, ice blue, piercing eyes directed towards the stone-faced, jaded petitioner. ‘You are welcome to stay in Confederation Space for a while, and enjoy our hospitality. I am sorry we were not able to properly accommodate your wishes, Master Knight.’

With that the meeting was over, Korr would find himself shortly in a situation where he was able to commandeer a single Sekairo-class Stealth Transporter. The men guarding the ship were unconscious and with the stealth systems he would be able to take the ship without a lot of issue.

If the mission was successful without detection, the ship was expected to be returned. Otherwise... plausible deniability.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Ryan Korr"]

The bounty hunter slash Fringe high council member sighed as the men bickered. Boys. But, the council members had spoken. And she knew Jared Ovmar and Lucien Cordel well enough to know there was more beneath the surface as Korr was sure to find out soon enough.

Well done, boys.

She was surprised by her own desire to help this jedi knight, Ryan Korr. And maybe there was a way for her to, still. But it would clearly not be under the Fringe flag.

Her flickering-projected form turned to Ryan. "The Council has spoken. Personally, I do not approve of the One Sith's actions. But my personal views cannot speak for an entire council and people's actions. Good luck with your mission, Mister Korr. Often times it is when we are at our lowest when the most unlikely help comes along."

Cryptic and perfect.

She addressed Jared and Korr one last time before her projected-form disappeared. "Gentlemen."

"Thank you, Councillors," Ryan said, slightly shocked at the abrupt success of his venture. Well, he coudln't call it a victory quite yet. He still needed to acquire the vessel itself

As Ryan's hologram flickered out, a ghostly smile crossed his lips like a soft breeze, then both smile and man were gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom