Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cost of Redemption

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Iris Arani Iris Arani
Valery could feel it too, especially when they began to move away from him. His emotions were chaotic, tempered only by the Meld Iris had forged between them. There was still the chance he'd slip away if he didn't get enough control over himself. So Valery paused in her steps as well and nodded.
"You're right, let's take him with us and talk on-board."
Having brought him onto the ship, Valery fired up the engines and brought them away from the planet that had caused him so much pain. But while he sat alone in a room within the ship to reflect on what happened, Valery turned her eyes to Iris.
"A long time ago, we covered the Jedi Code together. One of the lessons from it was about Jedi making conscious decisions using knowledge and experience, rather than ignorance." she offered a faint smile, showing this wasn't a lecture but that she had a genuine question. "What made you take the route you did with him?"
n0m34qi.png

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Here on the ship, the fallen was safe. From himself and others. Iris followed after Valery Noble Valery Noble , finding a place to sit down. The Meld, the turmoil in the boys head, she was getting tired. Mentally, physically. "I could see the light in him still. .. I figured I could help bring it back out."

n0m34qi.png
The light in him, huh?
Valery looked over her shoulder and briefly focused on Aikal. She felt his turmoil, his darkness but... Iris was right. There was light in his heart, and slowly but surely, it was gaining the upper hand even with Iris getting more tired. Removing him from the planet had seemed to be working well.
She then looked back at Iris to ask another question.
"What would you have done if there wasn't any Light within him?"
n0m34qi.png

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Disarmed him, incapacitate. .. Strike him down if need be." The dead, the ones who survived and were still in danger. Iris wasn't the same girl who didn't want to kill someone and refused to cut down a zombie that was already long dead. She understood what needed to be done, some times. "But even then, if there would be a way to bring him in alive, I would. There's always a chance to help someone, no matter how far gone they are. Until they die, at least."

n0m34qi.png
Valery listened to her Padawan and realized just how much she had changed and matured. She was growing into a proper Jedi who understood what the Galaxy was really like. So with a rather proud smile on her face, she reached over and placed her hand on the girl's shoulder.
"You've done well, Iris," Valery said with a gentle squeeze of her shoulder. Not only did Valery think Iris was turning into an amazing Jedi, but she also learned something from the young girl herself. The compassion and desire to help those who had fallen that Kahlil always tried to show her was now something she believed in far more firmly.
"You know, I was once taught that all Sith and all Dark Siders beyond a certain point could never be returned to the Light. To even try was considered a waste of time, or a risk not worth taking. But some special people I met have started to change my mind on that quite significantly." She looked at Iris with an expression that made it clear she was one of them.
n0m34qi.png

n0m34qi.png
Valery noticed her Padawan's smile and returned one of her own. It was important that Iris understood how much of an impact she had on other people's lives. Not just Valery's, but also of all the other people she helped.
"I am, too," Valery said as her hands returned to the ship's controls.
"I'm glad to have a Padawan like you."
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom