Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Coruscanti Mischief

Finally, Kara had been given the greenlight to travel from the Prosperity. She’d been cooped up on the ship for too long in her opinion. And while the vessel was spacious enough, with plenty of areas to keep to oneself, Kara missed the simple feeling of being on a planet. So when she had gotten the news, it took a great amount of restraint to not jump up and celebrate.

Not like her Master was expecting any ‘proper’ Jedi decorum from her.

But both he and the other instructors were content that Kara had learned enough. That should another violent outburst occur, she’d know how to contain it. At the very least, they were confident in that fact.

With her ‘freedom’ now in hand, Kara departed from the Jedi starship, and immediately headed back to the planet they had collected her from. The local law enforcement still had her blaster pistol in their possession. But a quick message written by her Master, and the weapon was returned.

From there Kara went to her first proper destination, Coruscant. It had been a long time since she had journeyed that deep into the Core Worlds. Part of her plans were to try and explore the Jedi Temple, even if it was still amidst repairs. But Kara’s first port of call was something she had been sorely missing since being brought into the New Jedi Order.

A bar.

"Hey, kid! What are you doing in here?"

Kai looked up to find the bartender's accusatory finger jabbing in his face. Oh, I must've forgotten to make myself look older, he thought. But as he reflexively tried to exercise muscles he no longer possessed, he remembered that he wasn't a shapeshifter anymore.

"Either you show an ID or get out of here!"

Blinking tired eyes (he hadn't slept in a couple days) Kai didn't bother to show his ID. He was legally only sixteen, though his actual age was unknown, as the Bamarri didn't keep track of such things.

"Okay, okay," he mumbled. "I just came in here to talk to somebody..."

"You're gonna have to talk to them outside. Come back when you're old enough to drink."

Kai obediently staggered out of the bar, pulling out his datapad and typing up a message to a certain girl named Claudia. Hopefully she would get it and come out to meet him...

She had walked these streets in the past, and others like it across the galaxy. And yet there was something…different this time. Is this what Master Vern had meant about being more open to the Force now?

It felt like a low hum, flowing all around her in every direction. And if she attempted to reach out for it, it answered. The sensation was almost like a rhythmic beat, or was that just getting mixed up with the music of a nearby club?

Either way, Kara was very confused. Going from one month being like any other regular person, to now feeling like everything around her was connected in some weird mystical way.

Yeah…she definitely needed that drink.

As she turned the last corner, Kara pulled her hood back slightly. A small smile formed as she looked towards the bar she had been in search of. She didn’t miss a beat as she made a beeline for it.

However, as she walked down the street she caught something in her peripheral vision.

Heeeeeey, pretty lady…” A male Weequay came stumbling towards her, arm reaching out to grab her. But in the matter of seconds, Kara intercepted it and grabbed the man’s wrist, squeezing hard. The Weequay cried out, crumbling to one knee but somehow managing to not completely topple over.

He was incredibly drunk.

Credits! I was just gonna ask for some credits!” The initial enunciated accent quickly vanished in the presence of pain. Although the reaction drew a raised eyebrow from Kara. She wasn’t squeezing that hard, but she supposed the man’s inebriated state didn’t help matters.

Really, just credits?

Y-yes!

Kara sighed as she used her other hand to reach into one of her pockets. She rifled through it for a moment, before pulling out a credit chip. It was one of the lower denominations, but she imagined the drunk wasn’t going to notice.

You want this?” She waved it in front of the Weequay’s face. His head sloshing side to side following it. “Theeeeen, catch.” Kara released her hold at the same time as she threw the credit chip over the man’s shoulder. He stumbled over his own arse trying to follow after it.

Kara shook her head, sighing. She pulled her hood back over her head, hands retreating back into the confines of her jacket pockets. A brief twirl in her step, and Kara resumed her walk towards the bar.

Only to immediately run into another person, someone who was intently typing into his datapad.

Years spent as a mute telepath had made Kai into a pretty fast typist. His thumbs flew as he composed the message and sent it. Letting his hands drop to his sides, he leaned back against the wall to wait, his eyes falling closed.

Alas, someone came and stood in front of him. He peeked one eye open, wondering what the person was doing, then opened the other as he realized this mysterious woman was staring at him.

"Whaddya want?" he asked irritably. It would be easy to assume he was drunk, but the dark circles underneath his eyes indicated his slurred speech had more to do with tiredness. "I'm waiting for somebody here. They don't let kids inside bars."

Claudia had yet to arrive, nor had she sent a reply to his message. Running a hand through his curly hair, Kai tried to avoid falling asleep standing up.

Kara almost snapped back with a response, but the look in the teenager’s eyes gave her pause. Initially assuming he was another drunken idiot, but instead looked as though he was just about clinging to consciousness. Almost reflective in how Kara had once been when she first stepped out into the galaxy.

Oh, just a concerned citizen. You look like you’re about to collapse at any moment.

It was a lie, nothing but curiosity brought her to this conversation. Why else continue if she could’ve just walked by and into the bar instead. Kara knew she was curious to a fault at times, but that’s what made things fun. Following a whim and seeing what unfolded.

The evening would either be entertaining, something to regret, or maybe a bit of both.

She looked back and forth, from the bar’s entrance to Kai before making a decision.

Come on, I’ll get you inside.” Kara turned on her heel and moved towards the door. She peered back to look at the teenager. “What’s your name?

Oh, just a concerned citizen. You look like you’re about to collapse at any moment.

"Well, who made you the one who gets concerned?" Kai shot back, with a tone that suggested the nonsense he'd just uttered was actually a witty comeback.

Despite his brain no longer functioning properly, Kai was still determined to stay awake. For a little while longer, at least. His business with Claudia was just that urgent.

The woman said she could get him inside, which made him blink incredulously. "What are you gonna do, get me a fake ID?"

She asked for his name. "Kai Bamarri. Who are you?"

Nope, not unless you’re about to pass out and give me the time to forge one.” Kara looked at him with an amused expression. She had a good assumption that whatever his business was, whomever it was he was trying to meet, he wasn’t going to rest until it was done. “I’m just gonna talk.

She flashed him a smile before turning back around again. “My name’s Kara Jade.

With that she continued towards the door, pushing them open and stepping into the establishment. It was decently busy, not a crazy night but not the slowest either. Kara looked around, wondering who was best to speak to about ensuring Kai fo-

“Oi kid! I told you to get out!”

The answer came in the form of the bartender, who immediately pointed his finger past Kara, and towards Kai behind her. She glanced back at him, before addressing the bartender.

He’s not a kid, he’s a sleep deprived idiot who forgot his ID. It’s not a crime to step into the premises of a bar if one’s purpose is to not drink alcohol. He’s here to meet someone, that’s all.

“Even still, that doesn’t-”

This establishment isn't exactly located in the glitz and glamour of Coruscant’s upper levels.” Rules could be bent a little the further down you went. “I mean just look at him, he’s gotten himself to the point of looking like a zombie. Clearly whoever he’s here to see, it’s important.

Kara reached into one of her pockets, pulling out her ID. “If it’ll ease your mind, then you can mark me down as responsible for him.” She held it out for the bartender to see. “One who would also like a Corellian whiskey, please.

Kai just stared at the bartender while the whole back-and-forth between him and Kara played out. Or squinted at him, rather. It was kind of hard to keep his eyes fully open.

He was afraid to sit down, lest he fall asleep in his chair, so he remained standing. His eyes scanned the room for any sign of Claudia.

Thankfully he didn't have to wait for long. Claudia Aylmer, a skinny girl in her late teens, stepped into the bar.

"Claudia!" he blurted out immediately upon seeing her. But she didn't have a chance to respond before the bartender carded her. She pulled out an ID that satisfied him, then walked over to where Kai was struggling to remain upright.

"Well, I'm here," she said, with a strained smile. "You look..."

"Tired, yeah, I know." He waved it off. "C'mere."

He gave her a warm hug. She was stiff at first, and seemed surprised to receive such a tender reception from him, but soon she melted in his embrace.

That all changed when he reached up as if to stroke her hair, and instead grabbed a fistful of it. "You've got to tell me where she is, Claudia," he hissed in her ear. "Whatever she's done to you, whatever deal you made, it doesn't matter—"

Claudia pulled away from him, her eyes wide with fright. "I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't make any deal—"

"Then why weren't you there when I came back? You saw what she did to me." He was almost shouting now, too upset to care if anyone else heard him. "You left!"

"I thought you were dead," Claudia sputtered, on the verge of tears. "I was scared. I thought I had sent you to your death."

And so on and so forth, you get the picture. This little melodrama was playing out in full view of the bar patrons, many of whom had turned to watch. It certainly made for an entertaining scene, even if it wasn't really clear what the two attractive young people were arguing about.

Last edited:
The bartender looked particularly bregruded, Kara would argue he was glaring at her slightly. But the man did as asked, turning around and began making the requested drink. In the meantime, Kara took up a seat at the bar and looked around.

Her little ‘display’ had garnered a number of eyes, but they were all steadily returning to their own business. That was until another new arrival. Placing her Corellian whiskey down, the bartender called out to the newcomer.

Ahh, so this is Claudia…

She watched Kai closely, noticing the sudden breath of life and energy in the teenager upon seeing her. Kara raised an eyebrow as she watched them hug, Kai’s hand reaching up to the girl’s hair.

My oh my, was she witnessing a little teenage romance? Not quite what she was expecting, but then again, what was she expecting to begin with? Certainly not Kai grabbing a fistful of Claudia’s hair.

Kara remained at the bar, casually sipping at her whiskey while she watched this little show unfold. Whatever was happening, there was history between the two teenagers. Something about her not being there when he ‘came back’? A multitude of questions filled Kara’s mind, wondering what exactly had happened to Kai.

Far as she had seen, the teenager wasn’t physically injured. Although that said nothing for emotionally and mentally. Was that the reason why he was barely clinging to consciousness?

She continued to watch quietly, taking moments to glance around as other patrons watched the two teenagers argue.

"So then tell me where Erictho is!" Kai exclaimed. "Where is she hiding?"

"I don't know!" Claudia shouted back. "I left before she did!"

Kai shook his head, then turned away from her, heading back toward the exit. Once outside the bar, he rummaged around in his pockets. Claudia followed him, appearing in the doorway just as he tossed the empty canister in the trash. Though someone coming through the door would be noticed by them, there were other ways of leaving the establishment—or eavesdropping, such as the windows leading out to the fire escape above them.

"Is that the only reason you wanted to see me?" she asked. "Because you thought I had cut a deal with her?"

"I didn't know what to think," Kai muttered, removing a vial from his pocket. He injected the stim into his thigh, blinking as it coursed through his veins. Of all the things he missed about his old body, being able to go for long periods of time without sleep was probably at the top of the list.

"She isn't the one who helped me, remember? You were too busy fighting the people who saved my life!"

"Are you ever going to let that go?" Kai turned to face her. "I was a chithead then, I'm not anymore. New body, new me."

"I wouldn't say that," she muttered.

"Yeah, well, you're clearly just mad that this wasn't a social call."

Claudia pressed her lips together. "I missed you."

Facing the wall, Kai idly punched the brick, sighing. "I missed you too. So there, we missed each other." A beat. "Sorry for pulling your hair."

In response, she grabbed a fistful of his curls and tugged on it, though not very hard. He snorted.

"What are you going to do now?" she asked.

"I don't know," he admitted. "Keep looking for the witch, I guess." His brow furrowed. "Damsy came back. But she's leaving again soon, and this time she won't be coming back. So, it looks like I'm almost totally alone now. The old gang is all gone."

"Feth. Kai, I'm so sorry..." But even as she spoke, she could hear his breathing hitch, as though he were stifling a sob.

"Why the fuck did you go? I figured out of everyone, you at least would always be there. Is it because I couldn't be what you want me to be?" He turned then, wiping his nose on the back of his hand. "I can be whoever I want now. I'll do it for you. I'll be what you want. If you'll just stay, Claudia. Please..."

Kara kept to herself as the two teenagers argued. She mentally took note of anything interesting, especially the name ‘Erichto’. Whoever this lady was, it was important for Kai to find her. It seemed whatever those two were caught in, was connected to this mysterious woman.

As the conversation seemed to wind down, Kara glanced around the bar. The crowd was slowly returning to their own business…aside from a couple in the far corner. Situated in one of the booths, were a pair of men, or goons if Kara was going to label them. One was trying to be discreet, drinking but keeping his eyes searching in their general direction.

Towards herself, or Kai and Claudia? She wasn’t sure, but did catch sight of his fellow pulling out a communicator.

Kara turned around to look, only to see the two teenagers were heading towards the exit. Quickly finishing her drink off, Kara slipped away from the bar and walked a short stride before disappearing around a corner. She opted to go up rather than following through the exit.

The upstairs was quiet, absent of any activity or life. A chill breeze brushed through the hallway, its source unknown until Kara heard the sound of a trash can outside. She followed it, finding a window that was cracked open a little. The closer she got, the clearer the voices got.

Ah, so they didn’t go far then.

Carefully, Kara pried the window open. Enough so that she could slip outside, doing her best to remain quiet as she stepped out onto the fire escape. She peered over the railing just in time to see Kai dispose of the stim. Kara wasn’t surprised, but she did wonder just how many the kid had used today. He was in for one hell of a crash when sleep finally ensnared him.

She remained quiet, listening to them speak. New body, new me. What did that mean?

I’m sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds, but there were a couple scouts in the bar during your little show.” Kara fully leaned against the railing, looking down at the pair.

I’m sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds, but there were a couple scouts in the bar during your little show.

Kai looked up to find Kara leaning out the window above them. Crap, how much had she heard?

He was grateful for the tip at least. "Okay," he replied, without raising his voice. Turning to Claudia he asked, "Did you come here alone?"

"Yes." She shuffled her feet, glancing warily toward the door. "Or I thought I did..."

"What do they look like?" Kai asked Kara. The scouts' appearances didn't necessarily matter, but it might give some clues as to who (or what) they were dealing with.

Kara Jade Kara Jade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom