Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Coruscanti In Fall

lvfAvjO.jpg

I know what you're thinking.

There are no trees on Coruscant silly. Ha. Well. You're wrong. There are plenty of trees on Coruscant. In fact, there are at least a dozen outside this hotel's window right now. And yes. They're all in fall colors. Red as a morning sunrise.

Madison Isle sat alone at a fancy cafe' table made for two. She was on the the second story of a very posh hotel made almost entirely of glass and tiny gold ribbon decorations. The cafe that surrounded her was a sprawling location too. Tall ceilings, tall glasses, wide tables, and even wider spacing between them. She sat up against the glassy exterior windows. Overlooking a concrete paradise that extended about three hundred meters past the hotel. Then dropped off into an endless Skylane for another few hundred more, only to be mirrored again on the far side by an endless row of majestic glittering skyscrapers. It was an awe to behold and so was the food.

Isle sat alone in her street clothes enjoying a soup and sandwich combo. Awaiting a somewhat important message to arrive upon her phone. Obviously she would be waiting with dessert and chocolate-covered Nomberries too. Her thigh-high boots kicking underneath the glass table to a quiet afternoon tune as the city life carried on outside undisturbed. The music of the city skylanes was humming and thrumming outside. The music of the cafe' was much more hip than humming. Yet, still quite something too. She liked it. I guess because it reminded her of home.

It was a warm glassy afternoon in the middle of Galactic Alliance space. Even so, she kept her Lightsaber in it's designated jacket pocket and her Force Signature to a quiet minimum. A politely discreet Jedi thing to do.

Her fork found her chocolate-covered dessert with a crisp 'thunk'. Then she turned her head towards the TV.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Tag: Madison Isle Madison Isle

"That's a new face." The Knight sat down at the table, cup in hand. "I take it you're not from around here, or have I just missed you around the temple?"

The Cathar flicked her tail as she sat down, her massive coat not hiding her feline biology. She didn't want to after all. She was proud of being a Denik.

Oh my! Madison hadn't been expecting company.

She turned a puzzled gaze toward the woman and was about to speak when she suddenly,

A'choo!

Gave a small sneeze.

"Oh gosh!" Madison squinted deeply. Somewhat mortified. "I'm so sorry. Erm. A moment. Please."

She was allergic to cats.

The glam brunette quickly sorted through her purse and recovered a small stim. Struggling to keep her vexed and tickling nose at bay. Omph!

"Sorry. I'm somewhat..,"

A'choo!

She couldn't help it. "...Oh gosh. So sorry. I'm allergic to cats or, like, similar species? Kinda?"

Terrible way to say it. She felt terrible for being so, terribly inexpressive. So she quickly tapped her upturned wrist with her stim and happily exhaled.

"There. Much better."

Allergy medicine.

"Erm. Sorry." The human woman quickly re-centered herself and flipped her long hair off her shoulders. Almost forgetting to be rude this time. "Right. Let me start over. Sorry. ...Ahem. ...Hi. Hello."

She held out her hand for a happy handshake. Squinting boldly, if a bit cautiously.

"Um? Who are you again?"

It kinda felt like Madison hadn't been expecting company. Especially one so bold and warm as Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Jonyna Si. Cathar Jedi."
Jonyna offered with a toothy smile, taking the handshake "Sorry, forgot to open with that. How bout you? You got a name?" Her tone was casual, yet slightly playful. Jedi such as herself weren't exactly known for their playfulness, but Jonyna wasn't your average jedi. "First time I've dealt with someone with Cathar allergies. Not sure if I should be offended or not..."

Jonyna Si. Jedi. Hmm? Interesting.

Madison smiled faintly and slowly recoiled from the toothy handshake. She seemed a bit cautious and unsure. Squinting heavily and placing both her hands between her knees.

"Madison. Madison Isle." She pursed her lips. Slowly remembering her naturally pouty/rude self. "Do we? ...Um. Do we know each other?"

The brunette human wracked her brain trying to think of how she might know a fellow Jedi other than Mal. Hmm? Hmm? Maybe it was when she dropped by the Coruscant Temple yesterday around noon. She'd only been inside for a few hours. Maybe somebody had said something. Yeah. Maybe Mal had mentioned her new arrival.

That was probably it.

The wealthy human raised an eyebrow and dug her hands deeper beneath the table. Unsure if Jonyna was just naturally this nice and outgoing or... Maybe this was just another mildly-clever Yakuza deathtrap just waiting to be sprung? Erm. Maybe?

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Don't think so. But I know a new friend when I see one. What's Crackin', dude?" There was a genuineness to her voice, one that showed her age. She never seemed to care, even if it made her look like someone out of a holodrama. Appearance was never exactly something Jonyna worried about, so long as she kept her moral code. Maybe it was because she knew, in the traditional sense, she was hot. Not a lot of people would question her as a result. A pretty lady with a nice fur coat? That was an easy way to get away with murder.

So. ...Not a deathtrap.

Got it. Good to know.

"Oh... I um?" She paused to looked down and quickly rub her brow. Reshuffling the deck, so to speak. "Right. Hi. Hello."

Nice to meet you Jonyna.

No. Give her something to work with. Buy yourself some time. Reshuffle.

"Oh! I love your jacket. That's fantastic. Is it local? I'm not used to Jedi having such sophisticated taste. It's pleasant. And does you great credit. My."

Madison pretended to smile and leaned back in her chair. Taking a deep breath and settling into a new cordial bravado. She hadn't been expecting company. Especially of the Jedi type.

She wasn't used to the Jedi type. Yet.

Madison smiled and looked the woman up and down. Taking in every small detail. Building a portfolio and preparing for a long chat. She remembered her phone. The message she was waiting for. The location of her car and all the exits to the cafe. Every path of escape. Every angle of attack. The closest improvised weapons, a knife, a fork, etc. Recalling the basics. Like a warm familiar muscle memory.

But mostly, she just smiled and remembered to be comfortable.

It's not a deathtrap, Madison.

This isn't Denon. This isn't your old life. So? Do try to remember that the next time a sexy catwoman sits down at the table across from you. She probably doesn't bite.

Probably.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom