Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant Street Justice

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
As she relaxed, Nyx kept an eye on the door to the Rat Hole. The cantina was at the center of the 27th Precinct of the Coruscant Undercity, where the Street Rats claimed their territory. Their current Sith overlords ignored them in favor of bigger gangs, but with this new deal, that was going to change. For years, they had struggled to procure weapons and medical supplies with the Sith cracking down on the black market. Coruscant was the heart of the Sith war machine, and the planet wide city was crawling with troops. It was only in the Undercity that Coruscanti gangs could hope to survive.
But Nyx had plans to change that.

She had gotten in contact with [member="James Justice"], the owner of a shipping business known for getting anything anywhere. He was coming to the cantina to work out a deal. Aunt Moxy, the elderly bartender, had orders to point the man to the office in the back of the cantina, where Nyx awaited him. These days, it was difficult for the gang leader to stay in the open. As much as the gangs hated the Sith, most of them hated each other more, and several other leaders had ended up with a bolt in the chest lately.
Until he arrived, Nyx went back to propping her feet up on the desk.

The stench of oppression was--just that. A stench. He hated it more than anything else. Here it was thicker than anywhere else he had been, and the spacer had been in many dark places. Even in the underworld, a place that was supposed to run wild with freedom was still oppressed. At least compared to his underworld on Dal'bor.

The spacer had been staying low on the world for a few days. This was one of the most critical and dangerous contacts and missions he had ever done, and he left it for no one else. Not because they were untrustworthy but because he did not dare risk their lives--only his own. Deep in the heart of the beast that was called the One Sith, James had a new contact. They wanted supplies and he wanted someone on the inside strong enough to start damaging their evil hold. He wanted to see these people weep no longer and see freedom restored more than anything else. This contact had the placement, he had the ability to get them anything--it was a win win.

The door to the cantina swung open and the man in leather fit right in. Most CEOs wore suits or motifs of power. Not this billoinare. He wore the same black leather jacket and pants with his swaggering gate that said it all--he was a smuggler. He followed the directions of the bartender to Nyx's office. He needed to get an office, he thought. He still didn't desire one, but he probably should invest in it, to be business-like. All his meetings were usually conducted in Cantinas, night clubs or cargoholds. Ah well, this would do.

"Captain Justice," he said cheerfully, smoke coming from his lips with each word. One had plucked the cigarette from his lips, the other extended in a handshake. "Its a pleasure to meet ye in person miss."

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

One of her Rats knocked two times on her window when he walked into the Rat Hole. He fit in well with the Rats. In fact, if she didn't know just who he was, it would be rather easy to mistake him for one of them.
He entered her office, and Nyx rose to meet him, extending a tattooed hand to clasp his.
"Nyx. It's good to see you here. I trust your journey was uneventful."
She gestured for him to sit in a leather chair as she sat back in her own chair, swinging her feet up onto her desk, crossing them as she stared at her guest.
"I'll cut to the chase. Ever since the Sith took over, the gangs have been splintered, squabbling, all while the Sith lord over us, playing us against each other."
She gestured to a map on her office wall. It was a map of the Undercity, with a small section of it colored yellow, surrounded by differing colors.
"That yellow section is our territory. Small, isn't it? Impossible to see among all the other gangs."
She leaned forward, a twinkle in her eye.
"Not for much longer. With your supplies, the Street Rats are going to unite the gangs against the Sith. Cripple their crown jewel, kill them with wasp stings."
She nodded at [member="James Justice"].
"With your help, we're going to start a Revolution, Captain Justice."

He chuckled. She was speaking his type of language. Revolution. This was the sort of stuff he wanted to initiate, what he needed her type for. The type of thing he was interested in assisting.

"It be no secret that I hate the Sith," he said plainly, taking a drag on his cigarette, "they be the scum of the worlds, the darkest of the evils that ever there was, and ye be acquainted with the dark things they do," he said with a curt nod, letting the smoke out with his anger. Across the Force it could be felt in a wave.

Yes, her territory was small, but that, he could tell, would change. He had been there. He started out with one tramp freighter, now he owned more than he could count. At first he was hiring drug addicts and alcoholics to get in for security because it was all he could afford. Now he was training armies for other nations. Yes, he had worked hard to get here and he had been lucky. He had drive and she clearly did too. He could work with that. He would gladly help her succeed.

"I can get ye anything ye want, to ye, I know ye will grow," he said with a nod, 'I have a trade agreement with a weapon maker and soon will be signing a deal with another, I am sure they would be glad to help ye do ye work. With my connections and ye placement, we can have ourselves quite the deal," he said with no small reenlistment. "In return I be needing payment. Some money, yes but I will need something else on occasion. Something more real," he paused to let that sink in, "Intel. Sabotage. Fighting. I will pay ye off course, but I need to know when I call ye will answer your comm and be willing to take up me credits and me cause."

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Nyx grinned as he proposed that particular method of payment, the gangster gesturing to the plethora of Rats milling around the cantina.
"Look at 'em. Every last one of 'em is itching for a fight just about every second of the day. It's hard enough to get these guys not to kill each other when we're at relative peace, let alone when they're all hyped up on a promise of war. Those kind of jobs will let them get that extra aggression out, without me spending extra on some girls to keep 'em company."
She waved in Aunt Moxy, the elderly woman pouring them both drinks in small glasses.
"I save this for special occasions. Alderaanian stuff, vintage."
The elderly woman left them alone, and Nyx picked her glass up, raising it in a semi-toast.
"To our new partnership."

[member="James Justice"]

James accepted the glass and raised it in appreciation. Yes, an Alderaan. He took a sip and savored the explosive drink, letting its flavor linger in his mouth. He generally preferred Correllian Brew as a rule, however, this made a welcome change. The spacer finally swallowed and offered one of his cigarettes. One good turn deserved another, as the old saying went.

Taking a puff from one of his own he smiled and let the smoke billow out wildly, "I have a feeling we be getting along just fine in the future, miss."

He thought for a moment, this could change everything. With intel from this lady, the Sith could find themselves begging for mercy. True he would make no cash from these shipments, he would be eating a loss. However, the secrets she would gather for him he could sell. To the Republic. Or the Alliance. Or the Techno Union or even the Mandolrians. Even the Order, he was sure, wouldn't mind a piece of that pie. Yes, they would make millions together in this venture. The Sith had no end of enemies and with this lady and her Rats, the credits would rain.

He tipped his head once more before rising, "If ye dun't be needing anything else, I have a shipment to collect and an alibi to cover. I will be in contact with ye very soon, I promise ye that."

[member="Nyx"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom