Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant Slickers II: The Search for Clabburn's Gold

Triter Zone

The Littlest Space Pirate
Avast, ye scurvy space hounds! I be Triter Zone, last of the Ossein Pirates, and if ye be seekin' adventure, look no further!

Alright, enough of that. Fun fact, that isn't even a real pirate accent? It's a British regional dialect that Hollywood thought sounded cool, so it stuck. Nobody actually knows what pirates sounded like; probably they talked like people did wherever the individual happened to come from.
At any rate, I'm looking for a some brave adventure seekers who might be interested in a bit of a treasure hunt.
Here's the setup.

Centuries ago, in the waning decades of the Republic, Clabburn the Elder was a notorious pirate who raided up and down a stretch of the Corellian Trade Spine in the Greater Javin. Brutal even for a Mugaari, he was among the most feared and successful buccaneers of his day.
Clabburn was known to have operated out of the Hoth asteroids, where he kept numerous bolt holes, moving between them habitually to throw off pursuit. He is known for having been the one to seed the asteroids with exogorth worms, which he set to guard the entrances to his bases; in the centuries since, these creatures have reproduced and infested much of the field, making it even more dangerous than it was previously.
Eventually, Clabburn's career came to an end, and his gang dispersed, leaving his asteroid bases home only to the giant space slugs left to guard them. Decades later, his son, Clabburn the Younger, sought to inherit his father's profession, building his own base, though he was never quite as successful.
But the legend of Clabburn the Elder lives on...

They say that, before he retired, Clabburn amassed an enormous treasure, enough wealth to make an Imperial Baron humble. While some of this horde went to paying off Clabburn's gang, as well as financing the pirate's retirement, it is said that the vast majority was hidden somewhere in the asteroid field, to be recovered should it ever be needed.
But Clabburn died, taking the secret of the treasure's location with him, or so it was believed.
In the centuries since, many have sought Clabburn's treasure, though all have failed, many contributing the wreckage of their own ships to the stellar debris which composes the field. Today, many believe the treasure of Clabburn to be little more than a myth.
But what if the treasure does exist?
And what if it could indeed be found...

So, basically, Triter has gotten a hold of a map to Clabburn the Elder's lost treasure, and is looking for a few good spacers to help him find it, for a share of the loot of course.
This will not be a casual voyage, of course. Aside from the shifting rocks and the giant, ship-swallowing space worms, the Hoth asteroids are home to smugglers, pirates and other beings who may not like a bunch of treasure hunters in their territory.
Anyone interested?

[member="Triter Zone"]

I myself am no pirate. However, if you're interested in running with the Black Sun Syndicate, I'm sure I can find a few pirates or bounty hunters to help you out.

Triter Zone

[member="Janus"]

I'm afraid Triter isn't interested in joining Black Sun... the only faction he would commit to would be one he runs, basically.
Which might be what he uses this treasure for.
That said, I don't think he'd be averse to working with Black Sun members on a temporary basis.

[member="Triter Zone"]

If he wants to run his own gang, that could certainly be arranged.

We run a system where if they choose, members make their own crews/gangs that come together to make the Black Sun Syndicate. You could have your own pirate organization, but you would still have access to our armory and resources.

Triter Zone

[member="Janus"]

I'll consider it... but the Ossein Pirates tended to produce and/or procure their own equipment, and form their own alliances. Triter would probably rebuild the organization along those lines, rather than taking on responsibility to a larger network.
The Ossein took their freedom and identity very seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom