Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant Nights: Much Ado About Murder

Aspen Dray

A
LBnR9I7.png
1u0sv15.png

Night shift was supposed to be the quiet one. It was the shift when most of the officers were out on tour, and the detectives were out looking for leads on their cases. I was supposed to be sitting at my desk with my feet kicked up on my desk with a glass of scotch in my hand and a cigarette in my mouth. Neither of those seemed to be in order for the night. As I had been about to pour the scotch a call came in, and we had had a body. Since I was the only detective in the office at the time, the case fell to me.

Lucky me. I was not looking to pick up a murder investigation to my already long list of open cases.

I grabbed the black trench coat off the back of my chair. It was raining which meant any evidence that there might be was already compromised. I could only hope this was just another in the string of suicides that had been popping up. It was sad that my mind was going there, but my energy was already focused on the case I was trying to make against a new crime outfit that was trying to set up shop on Coruscant.

It was exactly as I thought when I reached the body. The rain had washed away the only decent evidence that there could have been. All that had been recovered was a gambling ticket for some animal fights which were becoming more popular. The cruel nature of them was grotesque, but what could I do about it. The ring had a permit which meant I couldn't touch them. At least I had a place to start, oh and a name. I crouched down and reached into his pocket and pulled out his identcard.

Olsen. It was better than nothing to go on.

As I stood back up I noticed a woman in the crowd. There was something suspicious about her. It was all wrong. Most of the people which had gathered around to scope out the scene seemed curious. This one was nervous. I kept an eye on her as made my way over to the responding officer, and watched as she made her way past the body and drop something. Was she really tampering with crime scene while officers were at the location.

I shook my head and walked up to her. My pace was quick so I could catch her. Grabbing her by the arm I turned the woman around. Damn, she was pretty. The ones that caused trouble always were.

"What were you dropping there? You're under arrest for tampering with the crime scene."

I waved the officer over.

"Read her her rights and get her back to the precinct. I'll be there shortly."

This case was going to be a bust, but at least I had something to start with. I walked to the body and picked up the paper that was dropped. It was a simple note...

"When you need help, we will find you."

Right. This was going to be weird.

"Get the body to the Medical Examiner. I need to know if we're looking at murder."

Her first day was meant to be tomorrow.

But as fate would have it, Mara was out on the streets on a miserable, rainy night. She was a recent arrival, the newest recruit to the force. It was like being thrown straight into the furnace, missing the frying pan by a mile.

Going from training to Coruscant of all places?

Not an envious position to be in. One could suspect Mara had pissed off the wrong person, who out of spite sent her to one of the worst places immediately. Coruscant was vast and deep in its level, and the further you delved, the harder it became to climb back out.

She was meant to start tomorrow.

"Excuse me, excuse me!" She pushed through the crowd that had formed, a couple officers keeping them from getting any closer. Mara was stopped by one, but a quick show of her credentials allowed her to pass.

"Detective Dray?" Mara stopped just short of the man. "I'm Mara, the new recruit? The Cap'n called me, said to get my arse out of bed to assist you."

And Mara certainly looked it. Someone who had been rudely displaced from her night's sleep, and made a rushed effort to be decently presentable. Although the rain certainly wasn't helping.

"Uh, what do we have?"

[member="Aspen Dray"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom