Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Coruscant Is The Place To Be

GADividerPurple.png

He'd only met Rann in passing, but the sparring with the older man had helped Aris figure out quite a bit with himself. Mostly how to tell the difference between the idle thrumming in the back of his head when he was in danger so he could at least react to the right danger in the moment. He was still working on that, but getting the first step had been very useful for him. And now he was waiting in the hanger for that man's son.

A soon to be Padawan of the order. It made sense for him to meet the man, so.. He waited patiently, smiling ever so faintly as he did. It'd be good to meet someone new at least.

Aron Thress Aron Thress

The ride from Onderon was long...almost torturously long for Aron. Luckily he had his own row of seats, no one wanted to really sit next to him once he shot a glance their way. Usually, that'd bother Aron...but in situations like that he was glad for it. He could relax, and no one would bother him or crowd his space.

Still. It was too long.

When he finally arrived on Coruscant, the last thing he wanted to do was hop on another Shuttle bound for the Jedi Temple, but the sooner he was...'home' the better. This ride was short, and he was the only one there. He had sent a message to his father telling him what Aron was doing, and his father sent one back that he had a friend who would meet Aron there.

A friend? What friend? And a Jedi? Dad knew Jedi?

It was...perplexing. Not the type of company he expected his father to keep...but oh well.

The shuttle finally touched down in the hanger of the Jedi Temple, and Aron was immediately taken in by the majesty of the architecture. He gawked for a few moments, just absorbing the visuals, before finally he noticed a figure who was waiting by the landing pad. It was....someone younger than himself.

This is the friend? Aron thought to himself as he approached. Dad had neglected to provide a name, or what he looked like. But...seeing someone here waiting...it had to be him, Aron just couldn't believe it.

"Erm...Hello." He said, waving as he approached, shouldering a backpack that held a few clothes and mementos from home. Crimson eyes staring confusingly at the man before him. "Are you...I mean, I-...I'm Aron?" He said as if asking a question, "Do...you know my father?"

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"I do, yeah. I'm Aris."

He smiled a little, gave a wave. This was Aron. He looked a lot like his dad, save for the red eyes. That was an interesting thing to see on a human. If he was human. Still, he motioned for him to follow, smiling wider.

"Welcome to Coruscant. Want a tour? Or do you want to go to your room first?"

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Aron couldn't help but smile. He immediately felt a sense of welcome, but he still remained cautiously optimistic. He nodded and began to fall in step behind Aris.

"I'd love a tour," he said, looking around the massive hanger before looking back ahead, trying to get used to maintaining eye contact before smiling and shrugging as they walked.
"But first, yeah I'd like to see my room." he jostled his backpack for emphasis. "And...Thank you. For welcoming me. Coruscant is nothing like I've ever seen before. The Temple is like nothing I've ever seen before. It's....a bit overwhelming."

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"Yeah, it's pretty busy here."

That was the first thing for Aris to have to get used to. Niv Hani had a city forming, but it was built within nature and not like Coruscant. He lead the way up to the dorms, which weren't too far. But as they passed by some of the rooms he pointed them out. Mess hall, training room. Nothing too important, but once they made it up stairs it was easier.

"They group Padawan's by age group for the most part, but also try to get people with different backgrounds in the same room. Expand your horizons and such." It was good, at least for Aris. People were vastly different compared to what he had originally thought.

"Your room's here. I'm sure you'll meet your roommates soon."

Aron Thress Aron Thress

"Roommates?" Aron said, bewildered. No one had said anything about roommates. He'd never shared a bedroom before. Never even had someone stay at his house before. Now he had to live with strangers?

He felt himself starting to panic, and placed his hand on his chest, taking a second and breathing deep before entering the room. He saw a bunk that had nothing around it, no belongings or decorations, and figured it was a safe bet to place his backpack at the foot of the bed before turning and rejoining Aris outside the room. "Thanks again," he said forcing a smile. "I'd still love a tour, if that's okay?"

"I understand late students are...rare."
he said, after controlling himself and continuing the conversation, "I'm just glad they gave me a chance. I don't think I would have...done well if I came earlier." He shuddered, thinking about leaving his mother when he was younger. He was glad he waited, was sure this was something he wanted. He was happy Onderon lay outside GA space, and he was able to have a good childhood with his mother and father. If that made him fall behind in learning, so be it.

"How long have you been here?"

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"Your bedrooms your own, don't worry. But the common area you'll be sharing is how you'll have roommates. I share a kitchen with a couple others myself. It's kinda nice. I like food, they have different food." And he liked his food. He smiled and nodded though shortly after. The tour certainly wasn't over. Though he did raise a brow.
"On Coruscant? Not too long. A couple months. But my mom and dad are both Jedi, so I've been in this life since.. A couple years after I woke up? So five or six, I think."

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Aron wasn't surprised. He knew typically the Jedi started young. And Jedi parents? That must have been some childhood. His own parents were kind of Jedi...mostly not, but he had a little instruction when he was younger.

"That sounds...better." He said, breathing a sigh of relief. "I don't...really spend a lot of time with others. But this will be a good experience for me."

He gestured for Aris to take the lead, excited to see what else the Temple had in store.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"That's the reason behind it, really." As introverted as Aris was, he did see the reason behind speaking with others. Jedi weren't just enforcers of their own take on peace. They needed to understand everything to make sure they knew which was the right path. They needed to be able to emphasize with the people around them. "Before we head out, was there something you wanted to see first? A place you might've heard of?"

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Aron thought about the question Aris had asked. Truly he knew very little about the Jedi Temple.
"Hm," he answered, finally, "I don't know of anywhere in particular. How about, you show me your favorite spots? Places that really make the Temple seem more...homey."

He took a deep breath, and smiled. "I'm having a good day already. So...thank you." He beamed, then 'hmm'd again as he thought, "Is there somewhere that has like....I dunno, is there something like uh...Jungle-y? Some flora? Greenery? The endless city of Coruscant kindaaaaa bums me out." He smiled again, feeling homesick for Onderon.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"I know just the place."

Aris practically beamed with pride on this one. He took the lead, motioning for Aron to follow. It wasn't a long walk, but it did open up to one of the bigger wings of the Temple. "This is the Thousand Fountains. I'm not sure if there is actually a thousand different rooms, but Jedi have taken the local flora from countless worlds and brought them here to be preserved in rooms each representing the world they came from. Temperature control, humidity, everything should match the environment they came from. It's like a home away from home for some Jedi."

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Aron was completely astounded. His face shown with pure joy and elation at the sight of the massive greenhouse. It felt like its own little world compared to the unforgiving cityscape and night life of Coruscant. Already, he felt more in touch with his home, with Onderon.

“This is…beautiful.” He said, astonishment still beaming on his smiling face. After a moment of stunned silence, he turned to look at Aris,

“T…thank you. For showing me this place,” he gestured to the room, eager to explore but not wanting to be rude.

“I’d love to take a walk, see what I can see. Do you have a favorite spot here?”

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"Panatha."

He didn't hesitate to answer. It wasn't a world he'd ever been able to see, and certainly wouldn't be able to now that the world was destroyed. But the room had preserved enough that he could at least imagine what it would've been like to live there. "But you should explore. There's so many different worlds represented here it's worth exploring."

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom