Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cortosis Train Heist (PM for invite)

Scene
A small city on the planet Duro buzzed with life, life forms of all types moved about tending to their day to day needs. Various buildings and towers dotted the city, roads and paths cut their way through the busy city. Running through the outskirts of the small city was a hovertrain track, one that constantly carried cortosis from a large mine somewhere down the track.​
For now, the hovertrain was stopped as it regularly did through the city. Not to let anyone board but just for various regulatory checks and to tick the boxes on various pieces of paper. An armed guard was constantly watching those around the train and would stay with the cortosis until it reached its destination.​
Character
Cadan passed around in the small shuttle headed for the landing pads that was a mere ten-minute walk from the hovertrains stop. It had been some years since he had return to his home planet, yet something about it felt alien to him. He wasn't sure what had happened to his parents, nor any other relative that lived here, if he was to bump into them he doubted he'd even remember their face.

The Duros pushed that thought aside and turned to the three people he had gather to assist him in this little heist. Sure he could have gotten the drunks and spice-riddled pirates he worked with to do it, but whats the fun in that. "Plan's pretty simple." Cadan spoke, as he jabbed his arm with a syrigne filled with the spice known as 'Thrust' a spice of his own creation. "We's can either 'it 'em 'ard, or sneak in an sneak out. Either way, we gotta get tha train stopped an' load the cargo onto me ship." Ready for when the call would come, Cadan had an Eliall-class cargo barge ready to bring in to take away to loot.

"Now 'ow are we gonna do this?" Cadan adress those before him. Slowly he could feel the Thrust start to affect him, his jaw began to swing around and clamp shut and his fist began to tense and untense.

[member="Face"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Xiarr Sair"]

Too long. Too long had it been since he'd busted some knuckles for some hard-earned money. A bruiser. Once upon a time ago he'd been serving honorably under the banner of the Galactic Republic's marine corps, various factions claiming to be the true Mandalorians, and know he was back to musing about the galaxy's shadowports in search for work. Luckily enough, work had discovered him. HoloNet messages were sent out, payments were bartered, and hopefully the Dreadguard had secured himself a rightful spot in this crew.

"I don't like him," Miranda scrunched her holographic nose as he [member="Cadan Tazi"] shot himself up, "Drugs are gross."

Marcus pursed his lips, shrugging. "They ain't half bad. You sho-"

"Did you just suggest I try some?"

"Sometimes I forget you're not real."

Miranda frowned, eyebrows narrowing. "Not real?"

"Frak. Sorry." The cyborg heaved an apologetic sigh and made kissy faces at the AI's avatar. "You're real to me, baby." He sang.

Oddly enough, that seemed to cheer her up enough for her hue to shift back to her normal shade of cyan. "Let's do this, then. Get the show on the road."

And with that, the mercenary was locked and loaded. He'd been ready for a chance like this for quite a while.

[member="Face"], [member="Xiarr Sair"]

The transport shuttle eventually made it decent down to the small landing pad. Guards walked around the shuttle and single man was waiting as the ramp lowered, allowing those on board to exit.

As Cadan armoured feet hit the ground, the man began to speak. "Welcome to Ludrite, if you wish to dock your ship, we must place it on the registers. If you do not wish for that to occur, please re-located." The man stood a bit over 5ft, and seemed to puff his chest out. He was balding at the front and seemed to grow out what hair he had left. He held no weapons but kept a small com link close by.

Cadan eyed the man sharply. His jaw still being unable to stay in the one place. Slowly he took a step towards the clerk like man. "I'm thinkin' you let me ship stay 'ere. I give ya some creds' an' she don't go on that register." Cadan's voice was hushed, and his hand was hovering above his outdated DL-18.

The man smirk at Cadan's. "Now you're just the kind of person I like to get. Slyly, he handed Cadan a way to transfer a few credits and the deal was made. "Please enjoy your stay."

Once the transaction was made Cadan began to make for the trainstation, motioning for his small group to follow. "So we goin' in sneaky or gun blazin'?" The Duros asked one last time.

[member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Face"] [member="Xiarr Sair"]

Xiarr remained silent the entire shuttle ride. There really wasn't much to discuss, especially with criminals and junkies. The sight of his contractor taking spice wasn't a surprise to Xiarr, even if he did find it repulsive and disgusting. Xiarr had been contracted to hit a train shipment filled with Cortosis, a material which could be useful in his future endeavors, either that or he could just sell it off on the black market, both options could do.

Xiarr stood behind his contractor as he bribed the man waiting near the group, which was also unsurprising, as it seemed everyone in the galaxy would do anything just for a few extra credits. The Duro then motioned for the small group to follow him to the train station and he asked as to where they were going in quietly or going in guns blazing. "Whatever suits your fancy, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at stealth this time around."

[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Marcus Itera"]
[member="Face"]

Cadan nodded and began to concentrate. "Sneaky like it is." The station was in view now and as the group approached, an announcement rang through the air.

"All checks completed, holocarts leaving in ten minutes." The robotic voice was a sound reminder for the guards and all personal to return to the train and be ready for its departure.

Cadan checked his weapon before drawing his Dl-18 and setting it to stun. "Aight lads, take out a few guards and get us a spot on that train." Cadan now dropped to a crouch and proceeded towards the train in a lowered position, his spice and adrenaline flowing.

The Duros was ducked behind a small concrete barricade roughly 20 meters from the train. On the other side was a guard, simply finishing a cigarette before boarding. Quickly Cadan reached over, using the extra strength of his robotic arm to pull the man over before blasting him with a stun blast, and whacking him across the head to be doubly sure. The Duros then took the man's comlink and continued his approach.

[member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Marcus Itera"]

His visage concealed by his helmet, Marcus couldn't help but snort in amusement at their tiny little war party.

Marcus would have definitely preferred the guns a-blazing approach. Always worked better, was far easier, and the adrenaline-induced thrill of danger and battle were even better than the high he got off of spice and narcotics and just as addictive. Rybcoarse-laced muscles twitched in anticipation of the coming struggle to make their heist and get out quickly and quietly.

"Should I map out the area? Or do you think that'll be wasting time considering our friends here lack anything that advanced?"

Marcus shrugged. "Have at it. Engage stealth systems."

They were very minor ones. A little, localized field that made his footsteps quieter as well as that of his breathing. However, there was nothing it could do if something clanged against his armored plating or the discharging of an unsuppressed weapon. Flexing his crushgaunts, he'd have to make do with the only close quarters weapons he had.

The moment the Duros took off, Marcus followed in hot pursuit. His robotic arm heaved a Weequay guard over. Crushgaunts caught the man and after he'd been both stunned and battered in the head. A few moments of unyielding struggle ensued as the mercenary pulled him further away and tucked his unconscious body inside of an empty cargo container.

[member="Cadan Tazi"], [member="Xiarr Sair"], [member="Face"]

Xiarr nodded at the Duro's response and began to make his way toward one of the guards that were seemingly staring at nothing. As he got closer, he could make out the guard's features more properly. Rodian, with the stereotypical green skin. He was muttering something in a foreign language, his hand placed close to his blaster pistol. The alien seemed to be paranoid about something whether it was intruders or something else, it didn't matter. Xiarr rolled behind a barrel behind the guard, and he slowly made his way even closer to the guard, and then he hit the guard as hard as he could with his lightsaber hilt. The alien fell to the ground unconscious, and Xiarr began to look through his belongings. He took his comlink and moved on toward the others, who were doing the same as Xiarr.

The others seemed to have cleared a decent path, and it looked look that there was only a small number of guards that would pose a threat to their little operation, but they would be dealt with soon enough.

[member="Marcus Itera"]
[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Face"]

From Cadan's position, only a few more guards would stand in the way before the group could board the train and take the lovely cortosis. A smile spread across the Duro's face and he began to twitch with excitement. Slowly he raised the com link to his mouth and spoke into it. "Yeah uhh, we got us a delivery in the break room. Can someone come check it out." Cadan watched as a few men rolled their eyes and made their way to the break room.

"Actually worked." Cadan said Marcus, the surprise far too evident in his voice. Now he stared at the two guards who were making their way to their position. "I got lefty, you take righty." The duros, lept from his cover and rushed towards the guard, spear tackling him to the ground. If Marcus failed to take out the other guard the alarms would be sounded for sure.

The two hit the ground with a thud, the guard exhaling loudly as all Cadan's weight pushed the air from the mans lungs. The Duro's stared him in the eyes as his robotic arm clamped down against the mans throat, with each passing second his grip got tighter before he felt something give under the pressure. Slowly the guards his went glassy, not quite making it shut, his arms and limbs stop flailing and he soon laid still. The only sound was a wheezing coming from his mouth.

From here Cadan had one last leap and he was on board the train cart. and hidden behind some rails. Now he would wait until it was the right time to set the ambush.

[member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Marcus Itera"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom