Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Correllian Engineering Corperation YT 1300 "The Hyperion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
robert-fink-skin-id-77.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a ship that had an emotional connection to Dorrian and for his hopefully long smuggling career.
  • Image Source: ArtStation Robert Fink
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[*]Defenses: Average
[*]Squadron Count: None: 1
[*]Maneuverability Rating: High
[*]Speed Rating: High
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.3
STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • Flight Performance: This craft has been modified to fit Dorrian's specific needs and is a very fast and surprisingly maneuverable ship dispite the high speeds it can react in space.
Weaknesses:
  • Energy Diversion: With the ships engines, it requires most of the power so as he has to divert power from the shields to keep his engines running at Maximum efficiency, but that also prevents the shields from working at max power as well due to the high cost of the engines.

Description:

Though outwardly the ship may appear somewhat no different from most of those ship in its class or type. Other than from the distinct blueish pinstripe and shading. It is as they say looks can be deceiving for under the hood. It had gone thru quite the transformation as well as the upgrade where it counts. With a tad bit of personalizing touch, it has gone thru starting from its acquisition by its original owner, his father to its current owner. Who for the best his ability blended quite as much of the aesthetic and craftsmanship his father put into the ship. With those of his own work in not so much solely on just out of respect but also in his own small way. Preserve what bit of legacy he had left behind for his son despite his passing. Initially acquired by his father with most of its originally created specs and components that it came with somewhat intact. Although it was by then somewhat dated and mostly quite worn. He did his best to update it with what bit cred he had on hand which made work he put on it somewhat become a patchwork of whatever parts could be had on hand. As has it been so with his son who later continued his work on the ship. Where every bit of labor of screw in the bolts or soldiering put on it. Become sort of a personal stamp by each of them individually and more a labor off the sweat of their own brow. As much so had it been with the son who'd engaged mostly within the dark seedy realm of the underworld. Engage in the all too dangerous high stakes biz of a smuggler. Much if not all expense or workmanship had to be not spare to the best their ability. Make it so that alongside given the age of the ship model. WIth some of its parts either nonexistent or obsolete to those of the current age, it found service in. Certain upgrades from other more current ship had been placed on it. And in doing so certain personalization or adjustment had to been made. When it came to fitting said parts into the aged ship. Which in a sense not only gave it character and one hell of a bite when it got caught in the middle of the fray. A sort of a given hazard in the line of work it was in...where speed, maneuverability, and some firepower was most needed. At which end its captain who flew her did their best to balance both at best they could. As they find ways round strike a decent balance delicate as it were and in a way shows a bit of flare, bravado as well individually to the said ship to make it truly their own. Ready face the future wherever it may be that it lead them...

Welcome to the site and to the Factory. I'll be your guide for this process.

Sakumo1Uchiha said:
Affiliation: (Individual Character Name (an individual PC/NPC who is permitted to use this item), Company Name(s) (Companies authorised to use this submission), Faction Name(s) (Factions authorised to use this submission, Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase), Open-Market (May be used by any character without permission from the Manufacturer), other potential options include a submitted NPC unit, or another general organisation/group. Optional. If you chose Limited, Semi-Unique, or Unique in Productivity above please list what groups/characters can use this submission in role-plays. For Affilation limitations on who can field what, please see For more details see the Star Ship rules)

Based on your intent, should this perhaps be "Dorrian Korr"?
Sakumo1Uchiha said:
Material: (What is your submission made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable, to certain weapons. Example: 'Durasteel.' See pre-requisites for: Restricted Materials. Link: Manufacturing Compounds, Metals, Compounds)

Some common materials are durasteel, ship components, etc. If there's a certain effect, type of armor, or cultural background that you're looking for here, I can provide you with more specific advice.

Sakumo1Uchiha said:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
This whole section looks like it needs to be filled out still. If you're looking for an example of how this might look for this ship, I'd like at the template examples listed under starfighters here. The example for unique freighter might work well here:

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent:
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link:
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Affiliation:
  • Model:
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Unique Light Freighter
  • Length: 35 meters
  • Width: 30 meters
  • Height: 8 meters
  • Armament: High
    2 Quad Laser Cannon Turrets
  • 2 Concussion Missile Launchers (4 missiles each)

[*]Defenses: Average
[*]Squadron Count: None: 1
[*]Maneuverability Rating: High
[*]Speed Rating: High
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.3
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Concussion Missile Launchers
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Weaknesses:
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
Description:
Let me know what your thoughts are, and we'll go on from there.

Gir Quee said:

Some common materials are durasteel, ship components, etc. If there's a certain effect, type of armor, or cultural background that you're looking for here, I can provide you with more specific advice.

This whole section looks like it needs to be filled out still. If you're looking for an example of how this might look for this ship, I'd like at the template examples listed under starfighters here. The example for unique freighter might work well here:

Thank you very much for your help I greatly appreciate it

Gir Quee said:

OH btw would the AX-108 Ground Buzzer be a good edition? or would that be to much

Sakumo1Uchiha said:
OH btw would the AX-108 Ground Buzzer be a good edition?or would that be to much
That's fine.

Sakumo1Uchiha said:
Intent: Image Source: Canon Link: Primary Source:
If you'll fill these areas please.
Sakumo1Uchiha said:
Same here. The ship's actual name (The Hyperion) would work here.

Sakumo1Uchiha said:
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.) Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.) Description:
Same thing here.

If you're not sure what to put in these fields, I'd recommend browsing through the approved starship section.

Gir Quee said:
That's fine.

If you'll fill these areas please.

Same here. The ship's actual name (The Hyperion) would work here.

Same thing here.

If you're not sure what to put in these fields, I'd recommend browsing through the approved starship section.
Browsing right now and I was thinking something to possibly conceal the smuggling compartments I think there was something called Nightshadow?

Dorrian Korr said:
Weaknesses: Anti-Shield Technology: Whilst the ship is very fast and highly maneuverable it's shields can protect it only for so much as shield destroying technology such as (insert anti-shield tech here) would disable the ship's shields thus leaving it's very durable armor bear for standard ship to ship weaponry to have it's way.
This doesn't really read like a weakness to me, as that's pretty much true of every ship. Some things that you could do for a weakness that go along with this though would be to give it weaker shields than normal (rationalized in character as energy being diverted to those high performance engines, a cheap shield generator, etc). Or you could so something like pieces of the shielding systems are cobbled together, and don't always work quite right.

The description needs to be filled out as well. This can cover things like the ship's history, but it should also briefly go over the ship's core concept and any unusual ("advanced") systems or featured.

Gir Quee said:
This doesn't really read like a weakness to me, as that's pretty much true of every ship. Some things that you could do for a weakness that go along with this though would be to give it weaker shields than normal (rationalized in character as energy being diverted to those high performance engines, a cheap shield generator, etc). Or you could so something like pieces of the shielding systems are cobbled together, and don't always work quite right.

The description needs to be filled out as well. This can cover things like the ship's history, but it should also briefly go over the ship's core concept and any unusual ("advanced") systems or featured.

@Gir.Quee Hmmmm the energy diversion is a good idea I might use that actually thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom