Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arceneau Trade Company Headquarters
Southern Systems Business Bazaar
Tatooine

Smoke would slowly rise from the cherry tip of a cigaar, lightly perched between seemingly idle fingers. Seemingly for idle hands were of the devil's work -- and Danger Arceneau was not an idle woman.

Within the large holographic array before her were the entire lists and contacts she'd networked in a lifetime of making Arceneau Trade Company what it is today.

She was a woman of lists. Of order. Organization. And of course -- of profit.

Things were changing round these parts. And in a Nexu eat Nexu galaxy, there were things a woman had to do to ensure that the cogs continued to work the way they were supposed to.

A tap of a crimson tipped finger would bring up a very specific company.

"Hmm...." her hand would bring the cigarra to her lips, taking a slow deep drag that would sing her cheeks in. The narcotic would fill her lungs with that delicious bite of clarity.

BlastTech had done a number on Czerka arms the past four months -- although few knew the real reasons behind it. Danger knew it well, but there was more to it than that. Their CEO [member="Tyri Lsu"] was missing and things were starting to grow lax -- too lax.

What she hated most was seeing a company flounder. And there were a number of opportunities she was more than willing to explore in the wake of Czerka's plummeting stock.

There was someone else who might be interested -- but [member="Jared Ovmar"] wore so many hats. She would do this alone or with help. It didn't matter to her much.

S'long as things kept on ticking.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Onboard a station
Unknown Regions
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Sir, you wished to be kept in the loop about the Czerka-situation.
Ah, yes. What about it?
She found interest in the plummeting stock.
As we thought she would.
Yes, sir.
How does my schedule look like?
Sir, you resigned almost all of your positions… you are free for the following three weeks.
...make sure to check if Spenser is free somewhere ‘round that time.
Of course, sir and what about Czerka?
Mhm? Oh. Don’t worry about it, Al. I will handle it, personally.
Of course, sir.

A few hours later a man found himself on the dusty planes of Tatooine, he hadn’t ever been a big fan of the planet to be honest, it was too… well dusty, sandy - the grains managed to get everywhere. Even in err.. places wher-- well I think you catch my drift just fine without me having to actually go into details on that.​

It didn’t take Ovmar long to find his way to her office, with some force hoodoo power usage he slipped in and landed on the divan in the far edge of the room.

You really should consider moving your headquarters from Tatooine to Etti IV. Hello Danger.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Long umber lashes would rise only to perk as Danger would arch a brow. The corner of her mouth would perk, and she would simply pour herself another drink of Whyren's best.

She should really invest more in those ysalimiri Miri Farms. Might make the hoodoo a bit less easy to manipulate in her own house.

"Now why would I do that?" she'd ask simply, the sound of liquid pouring into a glass following suit. "I was born and raised here. Tatooine has a certain thing about it that brings out the most becoming of beauties..." her eyebrow would arch higher.

"No?" there came the vice to take another deep drag of her cigarra as if daring him to deny it.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

The Ovmar tilted his head just slightly, while enjoying the sensation of the soft cushion padding his back, from out of the depths of his coat he managed to take hold of a cigarro of his own - which he lit furiously and started tugging himself. Then the Sith Lord, not Sith Lord looked up and winked at her.

Aye.. and what a beauty she is.

It felt liberating not to be constricted by the corporal forms of etiquette anymore, a little smile tugged at his lips as he continued.

Word’s on the street someone’s interested in Czerka.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

There was a glittering of mischief in her green eyes. That pink tip of her tongue would peek out to lick across her pearly white teeth. She would lean against her desk, then went canting her head to the side with notable amusement.

giphy.gif

"One would wonder if ya got my place bugged Mistah Ovmar -- how busy of a bee have ya'll been while knocked out in Saffron's arms, mmm?" Ooo, she went there. "I'd hope not."

"'Bout Czerka... what if I was?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

A throaty laugh would accompanied another one of his grins, followed by a nod of acknowledgement. There were many ways, much roads and many opportunities a man of the Force could take, but in the end… ‘A man never tells all of his secrets, not even to such a sweet ladeh like Saffron.’ his smile turned into a smirk. ‘Mostly.

He waved the hand that held the cigarro absently.

Our interests align in this situation. Czerka is leaderless and sometimes… you just gotta grab an opportunity when it presents itself, no?

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Danger would settle back in the thick plush of her leather chair, right leg swinging over to cross her left.

"Well momma done told me that when opportunity knocks, one should bring out the best silver." she told him in her throaty drawl.

"However... let's get all the facts shall we." ash would scatter on an ashtray. "Just what is your interest with Czerka?"

Danger had her own plans of course -- she never gambled with half measures. There was a distinct plan and outcome she wanted out of this.

Question was, what did Ovmar want?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

There were many plans, many wishes and yet two factors were of note for one such as Ovmar. Czerka had always been quite active in the market of mercenaries and muscle, it had been one of the few ways that enabled them to retain control over territory when it was being disputed - which it had been regularly in the past; ain’t a surprise with the amount of unethical greed business they dabbled in.

These days the merc trade was slow for Czerka, the current MIA CEO hadn’t been all that interested in that particular branch of the company… but it was still there, the contacts were still there - one simply… had to dive into them.

Besides that there were whispers of smuggling, ancient history probably and yet… one could only wonder.

Finally, the mining operations. It had been a new subsidiary, a new venture for the company to strike out and dig into new sources of income.

Mining, Mercenaries and…’ Ovmar waved his hand and letters manifested themselves in front of Danger, spelling out the word smuggling. They disappeared as quickly as they had come, but the message was clear enough.

He drew in some more smoke furiously and blew it all out… even more furiously.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

A stream of spicy white smoke would come pouring out of her full lips. Intrigue would perk in her eyes.

"Is that so...." came her coo, lightly swaying from side to side as she would mull over this bit of information. Curiosity would bloom across her face.

"My my my... just what kind of mudrut are you gettin' yourself into Mistah Ovmar?" came her following question. "Not the sort of business of a man of your ... lofty and honorable prestige normally likens to." the vice would come to her lips again, and she would take another drag.

"But your interests certainly do not conflict with mine. I've an itch for Czerka's arms, shipyards, and their droid production factories...perhaps we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement to scratch both of our backs, no?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

There was a shift and the relaxed individual transitioned to the businessman she had grown to know and… love, Ovmar climbed up from the cushioned sofa and wandered his way back to the seat standing in front of Danger’s table.

Slipping into the chair he nodded to her.

Aye, I think we can work something out, lass.

His thoughts went out to a certain individual in the ASA government… who might be able to lend a hand.

Might have a guy who could help us out make this… easier.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

"Do you now?" came her counter, minx that she was. As if she didn't already have a person in mind. Funny thing is, they were already thinking of the exact same person, they just didn't know it yet.

"Already ready to go into the thick of it." She'd tease, setting the cigarra down upon the ashtray. Her hand would wind round the glass of whiskey, bringing it to her lips. The familiar burn would warm her, and both brows would arch in mild teasing at the man before her.

"Well... does your contact have a name then?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

The former Sith Lord inclined his head and again waved his hand, this time the letters formed a different word.

‘Starchaser’

Then he smiled and said verbally. ‘Proper friend of mine, I think he can make everyone’s life much easier.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Ohhhh, so Ovmar was already thinking along the same vein as I, would muse the buxom Trade Queen. The corner of her mouth would curve upward another degree.

"Is that so?" here is the thing ladies and gentlebeings, of proper business talk. Men, didn't matter the species, enjoyed feeling as if it was their idea that would bring in the credits and the bacon. This was how Danger made her bread and butter, by simply encouraging or maintaining an illusion that all the wonderful ideas that were presented were all due to that wonderful male brain.

Granted, sometimes this was true -- others not so much.

"Mmm... you have been thinking about this," her throaty voice would purr out with seeming approval. "He is the Techno Union Rep-- one who would be very aware of the current dire strait Czerka Arms and its subsidiaraies would be in.

Plus, his contacts would allow us to make this as smooth as possible.

I'm sure we can find something to make it worth his while at scratching our backs."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

Starchaser was a member of the inner circle of the Hegemony, he would probably help out a man like Ovmar for free, as a matter of principle. Because the stronger the individual members of the Circle were… the more powerful the Hegemony would be in the end - Ovmar knew this to be true and yet… he knew also that the very essence of mankind was based around greed. Finding something to grease Marek’s palms… would only make sure that in a following situation, the Foreman would be likely to help again.

Hmmm… you could always suggest he can take you out for dinner - for doing us this favor.’ the former Sith Lord proposed with a wicked smile, he knew for a fact that Marek would never say no to such a… treat.

Or perhaps we can offer him some contracts - he has been busy with that entertainment group of his… might be a good opportunity to take out two flies in one hit.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

"I'm sure there are several different ways I can coax Starchaser into joining our plans," she'd coo out, still slightly rocking her leg up and down.

"Having a small dinner would certainly entice him -- as well as relaying that there is a mutually beneficial proposition." she'd say. "He currently has BrightStar Entertainment under this belt... working on making more of that."

She'd flick some ash into her ash tray, "And if I do recall from my previous conversation... he was mighty interested in mining --- perhaps we can offer him some venue of establishing his own affairs under a new name with what we can butcher off Czerka."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

Plausible… plausible. Let’s contact him, I doubt he’s doing more than smoking a cigar and listening to some blues while lamenting the faint sound of credits pouring into his pocket.

Marek had been quite interested in the mining sector indeed, creating a little organization using his funds as the Foreman that specialized in the exploration and mining of rare materials. Little did Danger know that Ovmar had already been in talks with him to write off that particular venture to him.

Ovmar didn’t like to take half-measure… by the end of this trilogy, he would be in control of a broad assortment of mining interests.

Sometimes… a man needed a front.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Marek Starchaser"]

With that it wouldn't be long before a transmission would be sent to the leader of the Techno Union and CEO of Brightstar Entertainment himself.

An offer of dinner would be extended, and if he accepted, would find all expenses paid and conducted by ATC transports. Hours would pass, and hopefully before long, Marek Starchaser would find himself on Tatooine.

And by this end of this, a bit more richer.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
For once, Marek wasn't under someone, or a table when a message was coming through. He was actually even in the System Authority space. Having to check on Hypori and the operations of the Technate, especially with all that was going on in the behind-the-scenes of his government. Or sort of his government. His pedastal to get things done his way? Sure, call it that. What did [member="Danger Arceneau"] want with Czerka? He knew he'd been in talks with [member="Jared Ovmar"] regarding the company.

Accepting the invite, he figured he might as well, Danger was always good for some conversation, all he needed was a little more (or lot more) action. Making his way to the the galaxy's largest cat box, he stepped off the ship, a dust colored cloak over his gray suit. He liked to look good, and had the money for it, after all.

Stepping in, he gave his name to the hostess, waiting for the seat to open up.

Simple.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marek Starchaser"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Danger Arceneau and Jared Ovmar were already firmly seated in a silent corner of the establishment, the entire VIP section rented off for the three Corporate Magnets to converse in privacy and a certain amount of luxury - only the best for the members of the Hegemony.
Heil.

As Starchaser was led to the table, Ovmar nodded to him with one of his easy grins decorating his face, he greeted him with a nod.

Starchaser, glad you could make it.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Marek Starchaser"]

Danger would rise from her own seat at the presence of the Techno Union leader. She too would slowly saunter round to extend a hand towards the man.

"Indeed, been a while Mistah Starchaser... I do hope everything be going according to plan..." she asked, shining him a winning smile in regards to Brightstar Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom