Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronet City, scene of the crime (complete)

[SIZE=12pt]The man looked like many of the homeless that wandered around the Square looking for a few credits, trying to earn something off of some long forgotten deed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He sat down looking from Greg to Samantha, “I’ve seen you two in here lots of times before, always so happy, so rich” His eyes were gray soft from age, his hair poked out from beneath the cap he wore. He was hungry he eyed the drinks they each had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“And yet you’re here.” He put his hands on the table, dirty, weather worn he was no stranger to manual work. “Maybe you care enough to look at something”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Samantha couldn’t help herself she reached over and covered his hand with hers, “Do you want something to drink, and maybe a little something to eat.” Sam looked over to the counter a quick nod would get them another cup of tea, and a piece of bread with a hole in the middle, covered with something white and creamy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sam smiled, “I’m Sam, grump over there, that’s Greg” They always used their real first names less of a change of trouble and forgetting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He looked grateful for what she offered, more than anything he was grateful for the touch. Most just walked away, ran away, no one touched him to comfort. He smiled revealing that he was missing some teeth, he could have sold them, or lost them it was not known which.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Some of my friends have gone missing” He sipped the warm tea, “I was wondering if you could ask some of your friends to look for them, you have resources that many down here don’t”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sam looked to Greg, not knowing what he thought, “Tell me about your friends”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]For the next half hour he told them of his friends five women and five men all missing gone like they had never existed and no one knew where they had gone and the locals were too busy to really look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What do they look like, your friends”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He began describing them and soon Sam began to dread it, she was beginning to believe his friends were the ones in the morgue. She watched him eat so carefully enjoying each bite, when was the last time she enjoyed food that much. She bit her lip a sign of how she felt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sad eyes looked to Greg. “You should talk to the authorities and we’ll talk and see if we know anyone who can look”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Look, it sounded like nothing to ask someone to look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Their guest slowly stood up, his body was showing its age weary as he was, “Thank you” then he shuffled off and back out the door.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sam looked at Greg. Life was too short she realized.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What do you think Greg?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Gregory Gray"][/SIZE]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

He never came right out and said it, but, Greg had the distinct impression this old man knew more about them than he should. That was a topic for another chat with Sam.

After the man left, Greg asked Sam, “How many bodies have been found? He just told us there are ten victims. Five men and five women… I wonder if they were couples.”

“I don’t know, Sam. We have too little to go on. Most of the local criminal element would dispose of bodies in the pit. That means they were left where they were to make a point; or, it’s not locals at work; or, both.”

He shook his head and caught her hand, holding it like he needed the contact. “Let’s get out of here and go look over those case files. You can check in from your house and see if any of those other bodies has turned up. Let them know we expect at least ten.”

“Got any better ideas, doll?”

[member="Gregory Gray"]

She smiled at him nodding "three" that's how many they had. So there was a possibility of 7 more. Damn. "They could be. Or they have another connection." They were talking in hushed tones.

He took her hand, she squeezed it back. She needed the contact. Her fingers curled around his fingers. "I have ideas but I don't know if you will like them"

Yes the little old man could be a lot more than what he seemed what if he was the killer. The handler. Or something like that. Sent to tell them just enough.

"Lets go to the house. I'll make us drinks" what kind she didn't say. But they'd help with looking at murder scene holos.

She didn't let go of his hand, "we have lots to do. Dear"

[member="Samantha Solo"]

“I think we are beyond liking anything we are going to find,” he responded in hushed tones. “Let’s head to your place and go over those ideas of yours.” He meant about the case, but gave her a smile that was open to interpretation.

A glance outside revealed what he had noticed earlier. “We don’t have our usual little troop of photographers following us tonight, Sam. They must know something is going on. Maybe they know more than we do.”

It was a frightening thought. Was CORSEC late getting involved in this dance?

“At least we can go to your house without running any races.” He called the club and had his assistant send the limo-speeder and driver they kept on hand for VIP guests. He knew the driver knew the drill. He would make several random turns and u-turns to b e sure no one was following.

He arrived quickly and Greg helped Sam inside the back; pulling her close as they sat down. The driver would let others at the club know where he dropped them off. May as well give him a good reason to add to that gossip.

[SIZE=12pt]She snuggled up against him this time, burying her face into his neck, “Mmm you smell good, but then you always smell good Gregory” She kissed his throat, “you never did tell me if you and the Kaarde woman were an item” She smiled slightly. She had seen the way the woman had looked at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Curious it would seem that she wanted him desperately one moment and then she pushed him away with some memory of a lover. She had watched them when they first came to Corellia, she would touch him almost intimately leaving the impression that he was hers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But when she had offered him the job of coming back into CORSEC, and as her partner. No strings of course just work. Their work kept getting more intimate, they had begun with the small things holding hands, realizing that the fish they wanted would need more than hand holding to be convinced. They had slowly built into this dynamic relationship she hung on him like a second skin draping her body around him, running her hands in places that only an intimate couple would.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At first it had been difficult, unnatural but now their kisses lingered, their bodies molded together as if made to fit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The driver kept looking back at them as Sam slid her hand along his shirt, she looked at the driver and winked letting him know she knew he was watching. This was where she turned up the heat a bit more, sliding onto Greg’s lap looking at him as if she would devour him she smiled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She did not need to do anything else but sit there and make little noises that would only make the driver believe something that wasn’t, but all the while Sam looked into Greg’s eyes wondering if everything they did was really an act or was it all the prelude to the first act of a story titled Gregory and Samantha.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She leaned down and kissed him, “We are almost at Grandma’s you ready?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When the car stopped Sam slid off being sure to smoother her dress out, sighing with a deep contentment. “I think you’ll like this” She hoped he would her home was a lot more like her. It had the touches of elegance but it had a simpler means too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She wiggled slightly, “I’m so excited” and she was. She wanted Greg to see her home, see her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Why it was so important for him to see her, she knew why. She wanted him to see that she wasn’t all party dresses, and night clubs. This was her sanctuary.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She watched as Greg eased out perhaps a bit shaken by her actions in the car. She reached over and took his hand. “Wait till you see[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]They slipped inside the house immediately Sam came out of the high heels shaking her hair loose, “make yourself to home, I’ll be right back[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Within moments she was back wearing a dorm style shirt that went to her knees like any dress she owned, with fuzzy ewok slippers. “Can I get you a drink?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She went to the kitchen and looked toward the study, “any glass surface in the house will display the pictures” She had put on a pot of water for tea. She pressed a couple of buttons on the counter top, the front doors locked, and the windows lowered from the study across the back to the deck.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She watched Greg now. What would he think?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Gregory Gray"][/SIZE]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

“Rekha. Her name is Rekha,” Greg responded sullenly. If things had gone differently, he would either be somewhere helping her find her lost love or he would be filling that role himself. That had been his choice, but, not Rekha’s. More resigned he added softly, sadly, “We were never an item.”

Greg had some crazy assignments in his career, but, having a beauty like Samantha lavishing almost constant PDAs on him was a new one. In some ways it was the easiest and in some ways the hardest duty he’d ever had. Easiest in, well, he was a man and Sam was a beauty men would kill to get next to. Hardest, in the times he wanted to rip her dress off and take things from acting to reality. Those times were getting more frequent.

Greg gave the driver a keep your mouth shut glare when he got out of the limo which almost guaranteed the man to gossip as soon as he returned to the club. The things Greg did for his job.

Following Sam into her home Greg was surprised, but, upon reflection, not totally so. He knew her on the job persona was an act for the observers, but, he wasn’t sure what was behind the curtains. This showed a side of her he hadn’t expected. It was definitely more conservative than the party girl that showed up at the club on the nights they worked.

“You have a beautiful home, Sam,” Greg responded knowing for some reason his opinion was important to her. He went into her study and took off his coat and tie, laying them over a chair back. He sat by her desk but didn’t pull up the information. He was in no hurry to start reviewing the file photos so he would wait for Sam.

“I’ll have whatever you are having,” he answered and leaned back trying to relax.

Samantha came over wearing her dorm shirt and fuzzy slippers carrying two cups of Corellian tea, it could be a bit bitter but she loved it. She smiled at Greg as she handed it over.

Doing a bit of a balancing act she slowly kicked off her slippers and slid onto the couch drawing up her legs beneath her and then looking over at Greg.

"I don't think we've done this before, just sat and talked." She could hear one thing in his voice when he mentioned Rekha, he missed her. There was something there, she knew it. The way the woman had slipped off had hurt him she had seen that, and the note she left all it said to Sam was that she had feelings for him and didn't know which way to turn.

It made Sam hesitate. What if this woman showed up one day out of the blue declaring her love for him, would he just pick up and leave? What if they were involved would he leave her for Rekha?

Because every night they spent together their personal attentions were becoming more and more real. She could feel it in the way his hand rested at the small of her back, the way his kisses softened and deepened the sharp intake of breath when she touched him. If he was pretending he needed an award.

And what about how she felt? She could pretend that she was doing things just because it was the job, but it had become a bit of a lie. If he remarked that he liked a particular shade of lipstick, she wore it more often. If he said she looked good in a color, she wore it.

Kissing him, hugging him, running her hands all over him she could feel herself wanting him more and more. But not just under lust, she wanted to know more.

Here was her chance to say more, to know more.

"So when we aren't running around what do you like to do?" Granted they did things as a couple now that she liked, smash ball tickets, swimming, dancing, intimate dinners, sitting home on the couch talking she liked it all. But maybe he liked something else?

"My parents use to take us camping some when we were younger, I like camping in a log cabin with a warm fire" She blurted it out, to say she was a bit nervous was an understatement.

[member="Gregory Gray"]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

Greg was native Corellian. He was as use to the bitter teas of his home world as breathing it seemed. He did add sweetener to cut the edge somewhat.

He cocked his head to the side and looked at Sam thoughtfully. It just seemed wrong. As close as they were at work for them to be sitting across a coffee table from each other just seemed… unnatural. He got up and moved over to the sofa beside her, much preferring the be close enough to feel the warmth of her body even if it was just sitting side by side sipping tea.

He realized she was concerned about Rekha for some reason. Women rarely brought up other women to men in casual conversation unless they had something on their mind. He smiled at Sam and said, “My father told me a long time ago, let go of the past or you’ll miss the future.”

“On the trip here, I started calling Rekha Sis. I reconciled to myself that that was all I could ever be to her – close friends, more like a brother-sister than anything else. I’ve accepted that, Sam. If she ever comes back to Corellia, I’ll be happy to see her, but, I wouldn’t give up my… partnership with you and CORSEC for her. Not again.”

He slid down lower on the sofa getting more comfortable and his hand almost automatically found hers and held it.

“I don’t know, Sam. When we aren’t working, I’ve been trying to learn more about the family businesses and investments. I have a feeling my working with CORSEC has a short shelf life. I’m liking the idea more and more of settling in back in Tyrena, finding a wife some day and starting a family.”

He exhaled and admitted, “The adrenaline rush of chasing the bad guys is wearing on me. There was a time I would have never thought that possible. I guess, my priorities are changing.”

He looked into her eyes and added, “I’d like to show you Tyrena someday. Not the one we see when we are on a case down there; the one I remember from when I was a kid growing up – far away from the tourist areas. I think you would like it.”

He grinned at her imagining her camping in a cabin especially considering the way she normally was dressed when he saw her.

“You like camping do you? We have vacation house you might like. It’s up the river, past the Agrilat Swamp where the river comes out of the mountains. It really remote. You could get there by hover car but we usually went by boat.”

He gave her a long look and pulled her closer yet. “Maybe we should check it out… sometime soon.”

[SIZE=12pt]She couldn’t help but smile when he moved to sit near her, she had thought he would enjoy a bit of a break from her it seemed she had assumed wrong. Perhaps she should stop doing that she looked over at him as he seemed to pull closer to her she liked the feeling of him being so close. It was more than being close, she had grown to where she not only liked him being close, and when he was around she needed to feel him close. Damn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She nodded when he spoke about Rekha, “You’re father is a wise man Gregory, I’d sure hate for you to miss out on the future” She put her arm up on the back of the couch holding her tea sipping as she looked at him over the rim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]His affirmation about his commitment to the job, and their partnership was very reassuring, but she secretly felt that while he was committed and obviously so, he would never abandon a friend in need. If he were that type of person she wouldn’t like him very much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He was taking her hand, they were connected no matter what they had been too close these months during the assignment to not be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She set her tea cup down on the table behind the couch, the moment that she took her gaze from him to make sure the cup didn’t end up on the floor. He was talking about Tyrena, the future, and saying all the things women want to hear.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked back their eyes connected she knew what he meant about the adrenaline rush, it wasn’t a rush for her not really. That seemed to have worn off a while ago, now it was about doing the right thing for the people who all too often got hurt by the ones they chased.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I think you should show me Tyrena when this temporary detail to help find the killer is over, we’ll both need some down time from it.” The pictures she thought were horrifying she had all she could do to separate herself from it all when she looked at them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The more she looked the more she realized they did look like her that was unsettling. It meant someone was really hunting her, or trying to prove something to her. Either way she didn’t like it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She closed her eyes for a moment, camping, yes camping. “I love camping, it’s the only time I don’t carry anything that blinks, beeps, or hums.” She went to say something and stopped, “boat? I don’t know much about boats” he was pulling her closer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She could feel the heat grow between them. She leaned forward without thinking and stopped what was she doing? She felt her lip quiver, “yes we should soon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What would it hurt? One kiss that wasn’t for anyone to see, that was only for them. They had kissed a hundred times but if they kissed right now, it would be their first kiss. She squeezed his hand gently wanting to feel the curve of his fingers, her thumb rubbed the back of his knuckles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Do you think it’s getting warm in here?” She didn’t know if it was the room, or her. She only knew she could feel the temperature rising.[/SIZE]

[member="Gregory Gray"]​

[member="Samantha Solo"]

Greg noticed Samantha’s reactions to his presence. For a moment he thought she was going to kiss him. He reflected briefly and knew he wouldn’t mind at all if she did; but, he understood her reticence. They were partners and personal involvement could lead to bad decisions at dangerous times. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew they were already beyond that point.

He put his tea down and gently turned her so that her back faced him, then he pulled her back into his arms. Leaning against his chest like that, their faces were only inches apart. A fleeting thought reminded him how good she smelled.

He smiled at her question and replied, “Oh, Samantha, my dear… I think it’s about to get much warmer.” Then Greg kissed Sam in a way that had nothing to do with work.

She was like a doll in his hands moving to where he wanted, resting against him as she had done a hundred times before but not like this. She turned when he touched her shoulders and then she looked up into his eyes.

All of this familiar, comfortable, and desired.

When his lips touched hers she let down the walls that so often she had put up to keep from reacting too much, from touching him in the gentlest of ways. This time even as her mind said no no, her heart was saying yes, goddess yes.

Her right hand reached up the tips of her fingers brushing the bottom of his jaw. She allowed herself to savor the feel of his lips against hers, to inhale the smell of the soap he used to fill her senses, and lastly to let herself react in the ways she had longed to react.

It was with great reluctance that the kiss ended she shifted just slightly to where she could kiss him again this time her right hand caressed the nape of his neck as it slid into his thick hair resting at the back of his head, as the kiss deepened.

She could not help it she moaned softly with pleasure.

She had to be dreaming, she must have drank herself to the point being so tipsy that she fell asleep. This couldn't be happening, Greg couldn't be kissing her like this, couldn't be causing these emotions in her to twist turn dive, and rise. She said nothing for fear that it would end when all she wanted was for it to continue.

[member="Gregory Gray"]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

The best he could recall, in all the times they had kissed during their work performances, she had never moaned so eloquently. That soft little feminine sound conveyed a world of emotion and, if he wasn’t mistaken, longing. It was almost enough to make him feel guilty.

“We should know better, Sam,” he whispered. “… but, I’ve wanted to kiss you since I first saw you in the spaceport. Not the show kisses we have to do for our covers, but, a real kiss… just you and me… alone in a safe place where we don’t have to worry about who is watching or who is taking note of what we are doing. I think you wanted to, too, or, at least I hope I wasn’t wrong.”

The way she returned that kiss he didn’t think he was misreading her, but, he needed to give her the opportunity to make a graceful retreat if that’s what she preferred. The way her body felt beneath that soft dorm shirt was rapidly pulling him into a spiral of passion that would be difficult to stop.

“We need to decide, Sam… do we stop this and go study crime scene holos; or, do I carry you up to your bed and we look at those tomorrow morning?”

Normally Greg wouldn’t ask. He would just pick her up and go find the nearest bed, but, this was Sam… this was his partner. She had to be equally committed. He knew what he wanted. He just hoped he hadn’t been all wrong and blown it with her.

[SIZE=12pt]Yes they should know better than to indulge to wish to want to………………feel this way. She listened to him his voice soft gentle hinting at the longing he had felt from their first meeting that day when she had kissed him in the space port.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She did not know him then he was a name on a file with a record that said he would do anything for a friend. She had wondered what kind of man did that gave up everything. The dorm shirt felt like a very thin barrier between them but it was enough that allowed them the sensations of each other to feel body heat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Need to decide he said, and he called her Sam. Crime holos? What was that? The twist of duty to the wants that she craved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Was this what she wanted? They were close, but they could be closer to know one another for who they were and put aside all of this charade around them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]She put her right hand to his cheek as her dark eyes looked up into his her thumb touched his lower lip, the words were caught in her throat she found herself hesitating. Why? It was simple, she wanted this to last for as long as it could.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She wanted him to want her like this always, the look in his eyes, the touch of tightness in his words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I have wanted you to ask me that for weeks now” she whispered back, “The holos can wait till tomorrow” She gently pressed her lips to his again this time drawing him into a deeper kiss.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Outside of Samantha’s house a pair of silver eyes watched the house oh did they think they he wouldn’t know where she lived. He had not expected him to be there though, this was a sanctuary a place away from the job, a place where he alone could watch her as she moved through the house.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had not noticed anything that he had done he left her gifts and clues on each of them he wanted her to find them to show her how much he understood her. BUT this partner this man was there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The stalker shifted in his hiding place, what could they be doing in there, what was it that would take so long![/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]His jaws clenched tight, but then a light went out, and another, and another[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO!!! His anger rose up, he would put a stop to THIS! She would see him! She would know who really loved her![/SIZE]

[member="Gregory Gray"]​

[member="Samantha Solo"]

Greg lay on his back with his hands under his head thinking about what had just happened. Samantha was lying next to him covered only by a sheet. The soft sounds of her breath taking on the rhythm of sleep.

He would readily admit to her now that he had imagined this night on many occasions as he slept alone in his apartment. In his imagination, each time was different but glorious. What he experienced with Sam had so far surpassed his wildest imagination that he lay there in awe of her. Her passion, her sensuality, her enthusiasm all took his breath away.

Then why was he worried?

It took him awhile to work out in his mind that whatever was bothering him was not on or in the bed they were sharing. But, there was something.

Greg’s force sensitivity had never manifested itself in any dramatic fashion. It gave him the ability to sense when suspects he was questioning were lying; an ability, even if involuntary, that had proven itself to be invaluable in his career.

Another way it manifested in him was his sense of danger. He had an uncanny ability to feel the presence of anyone that intended him or his team harm. Some people claimed they felt the hair stand up on the back of their necks when danger approached. Greg sensed it as a foreboding dread that had no obvious cause.

He was felling that now and he’d learned the hard in the past not to ignore those feelings.

He slipped out of the bed and approached the nearest window cautiously; trying to find a gap he could look out without disturbing the drapes. With his limited field of vision he couldn’t see anything by what seemed random shadows moving back and forth as the wind blew the tree branches. He moved to the other window and looked out onto a different part of her property.

In the darkest shadows he thought he saw a movement; but, he couldn’t make it resolve into anything he could discern.

He knelt down on the bed besides Sam and whispered in her ear, “Samantha… I think we have company.”

[SIZE=12pt]Sam did not lift her head she was tired, Greg had drained her of all her strength. She murmured, “Tell them go away, and come back to bed it’s too soon to be out of bed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Company, but she had not heard a knock on the door, nor a ring that said someone was at the door. Then as the fog of sleep began to clear she picked up her head without opening her eyes she listened. Had she missed something?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had been dreaming replaying in her dreams all that had passed between them, each gentle heated kiss. Trails of kisses as if they were to be hung like a necklace around her neck, the touch of his hand, the whispers that they spoke to one another. Yes too soon to be out of bed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She took a deep breath and slowly began to open her eyes to look up into his, she could not help but smile. She reached out and caressed his face for a moment, yes it was real and he was still here in her room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What’s the company?” She asked now that she had driven the haze away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Outside the shadow of the voyeur watching the house slipped away to his ‘workshop’. He walked in the cages lined the walkway the women were nearly gone he did not think he would ever have to raise his hand against the man, but ohh he had touched something that was HIS and now he would pay, she would pay for her betrayal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dragging the first man from the enclosure his blindfold and gag firmly in place. He wore a white shirt, and black trousers, a similar fashion of dressing as the usurper Gray.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]His anger was such that when he looked upon the surrogate before him he pulled from his coat the taser, and shocked the man he fell to the ground twitching and moaning. Watching him writhe on the floor made the shadow smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What happen next could only be described as rage unleashed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When he had finished he took the body to where it could be found easily, the front door of Gray’s Club.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A note was pinned to the shirt, “A gift[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Gregory Gray"][/SIZE]​

[member="Samantha Solo"]

“No, Sam! Wake up!”

He stood and looked back out the second window. His internal alarm was quieting, but, he wasn’t satisfied that they should just relax and go back to sleep.

“What kind of security system do you have? Externals cameras? Are they infrared capable?” “When was the last time you had the place swept for bugs?”

Just then his comlink chirped. He saw the source and opened the channel with trepidation.

“Yes?”

He listened without commenting for several minutes, then simply said, “I’ll be there as soon as possible,” and hung up.

He sat down on the bed by Samantha and explained softly, “Another body. This one on the front steps of the club.”

He looked at her a moment and added, “This one was me.”

Sam was awake her head was up. "Greg security has motion detectors on all entrance and infrared on the garden entrance garage entrance. And cameras on all corners. " She slipped from the bed pulling the sheet with her, "the job I needed something good. If you can think of more we will get it" It wasn't that she wasn't concerned.

Then the chirp.

She watched his face. Not good. "You?" The game changed. And on the night they. She looked at Greg "they're watching" it was all she said before going to shower and dress ,"refresher her and in the hall next to bedroom 2" it was time to work.

If it was supposed to be Greg she had to figure it out quick. She couldn't lose him. She couldn't let some psycho scare them, and continue to kill people to make some point.

Quickly she was dressed. Something classy. They still had parts to play. But. She couldn't help it. She felt stalked.

She tried to turn off her emotional attachment but couldn't. "Ready?"

[member="Gregory Gray"]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

Greg was done and retying his tie when she came out of her refresher. “Yes, I’m ready,” he replied.

“Download the recordings from the security system from last night and we will review it in the office at the Club. I called for the car before my shower. It’s waiting out front for us.”

He wasn’t as concerned about being a new target as what that change represented. It showed a possessiveness by the killer towards Sam that could be dangerous if it turned to anger… or, more anger than he’d been demonstrating up until now.

“We need to bring a scanner back with us and make sure he hasn’t gotten and installed spy cameras inside and probably around the perimeter.”

Greg caught Sam’s arm as she was hurrying by and pulled her close. “I’m sorry my weakness complicated things; but, I’ll never be sorry for what we did and maybe – if I’m lucky – where we are headed together. I want nothing more than to finish this case and take you away on that vacation at the river house.”

He kissed her quickly and reluctantly let her go. “Let’s go face the music.”

The driver was as nervous as a cat. Greg was pretty sure he’d seen the body left out front of the club but he didn’t ask the man about it. He got them back downtown in record time; dropping them off out front of the club just down from the crime scene.

They walked up to the officer’s controlling the scene and asked to see the body. As the man lifted the sheet they had used to cover the victim, Greg flinched at the sight but only said softly to Sam, “Pretty close match, best I can tell from what’s left of his face. Let’s go inside. We can’t have any more involvement with this and maintain our cover.”

Samantha was trying to put everything together in her mind as she showered, remembering what she could of the images she had studied before meeting up with Greg. Greg. She smiled at his name.

She emerged from the refresher, and dressed her part. Tight fitted dress, heels, and simple jacket, each hair elegantly placed, and make up done right. As she looked over at Greg with his tie, telling her what she needed to get so they could leave. It was easy to see how he could be the take charge guy, and for once she liked it.

"I'll get it all, and the crime scene holos, we need to find out what is here. There has to be a message, it's staring us in the face"

Sam melted into his arms as he kissed her, his promise of taking her away after this was all done, she would hold him to. "If I'm your only weakness Greg, I think together we can handle the rest" She kissed him softly again as she slipped from his arms to go and retrieve the evidence, and the surveillance footage. Looking back. "I will hold you to it. You know us. Together. Headed down the road." She smiled.

In the car they sat close, but lost in their own thoughts. It might be evident to some that something had changed, or they wouldn't notice. She reached for his hand the way she had so many times, but this time when her fingers curled around it she was taking possession of him.

The tape was everywhere as the car pulled close enough to let them out. Murder everyone seemed to want to see it. What was the fascination?

They walked up slowly Sam kept looking towards the body, the crowds had gathered even with the presence of two agencies. The quick lift of the sheet to show the man, gruesome for certain. Sam had to look away what she saw was anger, personal rage that had been taken out on the man.

As she looked away Jared nodded at her she didn't know what to say. He came closer, "Maybe I need to take you in for questioning Samantha?"

Sam blinked, did that mean the boss wanted to talk to her. She looked at Greg it wasn't the first time she had been called in without him. She looked to Jared, "I need to eat first flatfoot"

Then she and Greg disappeared into the nightclub. There was only a few from the staff there, Sam didn't stay to answer questions or play the part of the scared helpless woman. She headed straight to the office. She needed to see this footage, this had to stop.

She was loading up the surveillance footage when she heard a commotion in the club.

Greg was with Jared who was insisting that Samantha needed to go with him. Sam came down. "Is it that important?" She asked him, "What can't wait?"

Jared looked at her, his face red from anger. "You're not supposed to question orders, you're not that special Samantha"

Wow Sam thought who pissed in his galactic Wheaties this morning. "Fine, can Greg come too?"

Jared looked at her, and then to him, "No, just you"

Sam was uneasy it felt like they were keeping secrets. She didn't want to keep secrets from him, not from Greg. "Greg honey" She stepped closer giving him a little kiss, "As soon as the flatfoot lets me go I'll be back." Her dark eyes looked up into his eyes she wanted to tell him other things right now, and couldn't. She was lingering and knew it. "Will you keep the lights on, and the bed warm till I get back" She smiled as most people in the room grinned.

Sam looked at Jared, "this had better be good" Her hand slid down Greg's arm, as she tried to keep contact with him as long as she could.

Jared grabbed her by the other arm, and began yanking her towards the door, "You're hurting me stop pulling me, I'm coming along." She tried to pull her arm away, but he wouldn't let go. "I'll file a brutality charge" As they exited all eyes were on them.

Outside he shoved her into a car and looked around smiling, he slipped into the driver's side and drove off.

Inside the car, Samantha was fuming, "You're an ass Jared, and you didn't need to be so rough I think you put a bruise on me"

Jared looked at her, "You're lucky that's all you got, for months I've watched you with him. Touching. Kissing. Laughing. But when you slept with him, that was more than I could take."

Sam laughed, "what jealous?" wait, how did he know that.

Jared stared at her as if she was a bone and he was the ravenous wolf. Sam shrunk back. "The boss doesn't want to see me does he?"

Jared shook his head, "No." as a slow evil grin spread across his face.

"You killed all those women, and that poor man" Sam sat open mouthed, "you need help, we can get you help" She was trying to be helpful. Then she realized something else, her bag she had left it in the office thinking she was breaking up a fight no comm, no weapon. She trusted the wrong person.

"What are you going to do?" How did she not see this were the signs there.

Jared snickered, "whatever I want" he reached over to touch her. She couldn't get far enough away as she flattened against the door. She reached behind her for the door handle.

"Why?" Sam didn't understand at all.

Jared shook his head, "No more questions, be quiet. You'll find out everything soon enough. And your boyfriend, there's a present waiting for him in the office."

The color left Sam's face. Greg was in danger. She yanked the door handle, nothing happened. Jared laughed, "child proof, you aren't going anywhere" Sam beat against the door. "You're insane"

Jared pulled a long serrated knife from beside his seat, "You really want to find out" He pointed the tip at her, waving it about menacingly. Sam swallowed, "please don't hurt Greg"

The car disappeared into the tunnel.

[member="Gregory Gray"]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

Greg scowled angrily as Jared manhandled Samantha out of the club. Challenging the man in front of the staff would break cover; however, so he held his tongue. It wasn’t something that was going to be forgotten or forgiven, starting now.

Greg jogged up the steps to the mezz level and his office. He was going to call the Chief and complain about being left out of the loop and about Jared’s actions.

He was three steps into the office when he heard a click and the high pitched whine of a capacitor building up for discharge. Those were two sounds that didn’t fit in the office and unfortunately they were also sounds that he had heard before.

He sprinted full out the remainder of the way across the office and dove into the private bathroom at its rear. He nearly made it inside when the blast occurred. It caught him in the side and flipped him, crashing his side into the doorframe.

As bad as he was feeling, he was lucky. The blast had been set to target his desk; of which there was nothing but splinters to be found. He tried to get up and fell back to the floor in agony; the ends of his broken ribs grinding together and rendering him immobile.

The staff finally rushed in. A couple had fire extinguishers and began putting out the small fires the explosion caused. The others used a blanket as a make-shift stretcher and moved Greg out of the remnants of his office.

The fog was clearing in Greg’s head. He said, “Quincy! Give me a commlink.”

Greg called the Chief and his heart sank when the man denied having anything to do with Samantha’s recall that morning. Things began to fall into place and the picture they made wasn’t a good one for Sam.

Jared. He had always been around. He was always the go between between Sam and the Chief making it necessary for him to have her schedule and contact information. Greg quickly filled the Chief in and an APB was issued for Jared and the police cruiser he had checked out of the motor pool. Greg requested a directed search of the traffic cameras at the time they left the club to try and track them down. It needed to be done quickly because Greg was sure the man was smart enough to change vehicles as soon as he could now that he’d broken cover.

Greg was miserable lying on the gurney waiting for the EMT to inject his ribs with an anesthetic. He had refused to go to the medical center. He wouldn’t stop until he found her; but, that meant he had to regain his mobility. A local and a tight wrap was all he had time for now. He would heal resting on the river after this was over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom