Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corellian Nights

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton looked all around him. He was at a Cantina in Coronet, celebrating his latest Grav-Ball Sector Championship. He didn't know why he celebrated it Jaxton felt like he had some sort of advantage over other players, like he had some sense or luck they didn't. But he had decided to celebrate anyways. He liked this Cantina because it wasn't that high class and not many of the normal patrons were that into Grav-Ball, so he wasn't recognized as much. He wore a long hooded garment to hide his features, but there was only so much you could do to hide a 6-8 man with bright red skin and bright blue hair. Jaxton could smell death sticks, alcohol, and even some spice from different corners and spaces in the room. He heard shifters whirling, patrons cussing, and cards rolling. The Sabacc tables must be active tonight. Jaxton considered playing Sabacc, but gambling didn't give him much interest. He couldn't explain it, but he always seemed to know what to do on every hand to help him out the most. It was almost as if someone was telling him what to do, or he had a sixth sense or something. He wanted to go dance a little, but doing something like that would bring unnessessary attention to himself. He didn't have any spice, nor did he want to buy any from anybody here. Jaxton could buy a drink, but it wouldn't mean as much to him with his second liver.

ROARRR

Jaxton heard a ferocias growl and turned to see what was going on. A man was walking with a few droids who were carrying a large durasteel box with a few small holes on the side. The man continued walking with the droids until he reached the stage, normally reserved for twi'lek dancers. The droids lowered the box onto the stage and the man pressed a few buttons on the box and it's steel borders raised upwards, revealing a young muzzled and de-clawed rancor trapped in some durasteel bars. A few of holos around the cantina changed to show the Rancor in it's roomy cage, and the man began speaking to the crowd about rancor wrestly, and offering a thousand credits to anyone who could pin it. The patrons were pretty clearly excited about the prospect of seeing someone wrestle a rancor, but scared of stepping up to the plate themselves.

You know what? Screw it Jaxton thought to himself. He had nothing better to do. "A free round for everyone if I can pin him." Jaxton yelled to bar as he took off his hooded overcoat, revealing his sleeveless shirt and shorts he was wearing underneat, and exposing his strong muscular frame. Everyone probably knew who Jaxton was now, but he didn't care. He was about to pin a rancor.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator sat in a corner of a Cantina. It was interesting. He was again in so unnormally filthy drinking place. What made him go to these places? He didn't know it either, but he was there again. He saw, how people drank, played games, gambled, whatever else. Some people smoke something very strange. But Dominator sat in the corner of the Cantina and looked, what the other people did. It was, well, very interesting. He had brought a table with him and he wrote down notices and other memos, what could be useful, while analyzing the Cantina.

But then he saw someone, who was hard to not notice. He sat too, but when the durasteel box was brought in, he started to... gamble. So Dominator started to keep an eye on the person. He wrote some things down and then stood up. He had to move closer.

Wearing his usual dark green and purple armor, complete with mirrored helm, Daxton leaned back and gathered his winnings. Sabacc wasn't much of a challenge when one was cheating. Tossing some cred sticks at the server, he paid for another round of drinks when there was a commotion on the stage. Daxton's attention was drawn to the young man who rose up to the challenge.

Either he was pretty sure of himself or he was insane. Either was it should be an interesting fight. Making a wager of thousand credits on the young man, he wanted to see how this played out.

Jaxton Ravos

"You'll be paying 100 credits for a chance at 1000. You have five minutes in the cage and you win if you can pin him for 5 seconds." The beastmaster told him.

"Got it." Jaxton told the beastmaster and handed him his credits, while he began thinking of a way to put the young rancor on the ground.

"Give me an autoprint here." The beastmaster said as Jaxton put his hand forward. He guessed he was signing something that said he wouldn't sue if he got hurt . . . or his family wouldn't sue if he died. None of that mattered though, because Jaxton was going to win.

"Whenever your ready." The beastmaster said and held a hand on the door. Jaxton fingered his hands through his blue dreads, took a shot, and walked in. He could hear the timer ticking above him. Even as a baby, the rancor was huge. Jaxton lunged forward and tried to grab the rancor's right hand, but he swatted him in the head with his left. Jaxton head zoomed to the side. Jaxton immediately out of instinct and rage punched the rancor. The rancor let out a small squint and punched Jaxton back, making him fly until he hit the end of the cage. Muzzled and declawed, the beast was still strong as a horde of gammoreans.

I can't trade blows like this. Another hit like that and I'll break a rib. Jaxton thought to himself. He took a step back, lowered his body and his shoulders, and then charged forward. He hit the rancor's chest with his shoulder then wrapped his arms around the beast.

"HRRRAAAAGGHHH!!!" Jaxton screamed as he forced himself to push his legs upwards, picking up the rancor with him. He then leaned forward with his upper body, causing him to land on top of the beast. The rancor flailed his arms, trying to beat on Jaxton's back, but Jaxton continued to hold him there until the beastmaster hit the rancor with a stun rod. The cantina patrons cheered as the bartender began pouring rounds for them. Jaxton stood and screamed in celebration and hit his fist to his chest to show his victory, then quickly stopped as he felt the pain in his chest from his hit. Jaxton then left the cage and stumbled to get his money and get to a Sabacc table. His legs were shot from that squat, and his face and chest were bruising from the hits he took. He knew was gonna feel like hell in the morning. "Who's up for a game of Sabacc?" Jaxton said confidently, but still weak physically from the fight.

ETA/OOC: Forgot to change accounts, sorry.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator looked at the man, when he came out and nodded. That's what he thought. A great fighter. Maybe. He wrote some new notes down and read them all then. After carefully analyzing them, he deleted some and went closer to the man, though he hid himself in the crowd. Maybe he should act like a journalist? Maybe he could talk to the man then? But... Whatever he did, he had to contact him. And a round of Sabacc had to be the best way, so Dominator walked near the table and waited. It had to be awesome.

Laughing softly, Daxton collected his winnings from the grumbling players. "Thank you friend, that is a most interesting match indeed. Deal him in. I could always use more credits." Daxton ordered another shot of alcohol as the cards were being dealt.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton laughed as the large armored man thanked him and welcomed him to the table. He was guessing from the grumbles of the other players that he had bet on Jaxton to beat the Rancor.

"Don't thank me just yet. I might be taking those credits from you in a minute." Jaxton said as he got settled. He quickly regretted the words, as he soon found out the large man was a pretty good player. It was rare for Jaxton to find a player as good as himself, and this man might have even been better. It became obvious very quickly that the best players at the table were the armored man, Jaxton, and a quiet Umbaran. Others in the table rotated in and out, but it seemed one of those three were always the winner. As a new hand was a dealt out Jaxton began to talk to the his opponent.

"So, if I may be so bold, what does a man as tall as me need armor for in a cantina like this? I'd wager you wouldn't have any trouble if you got in a fight here."

Laughing softly Daxton replied, "Haven't you heard friend? War is in the air. Too many folk walking around looking for a fight. Then you have the meddling Jedi sticking their nose in every body's business. Consider this insurance. That and my blaster make sure no one messes with me. But how about you? Surely you have enough to you busy that you don't have to wrestle for a living."

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton could tell the question was sincere, so he gave his answer. "I play Grav-Ball professionally. there's a lot of nice perks, but I don't feel like I'm doing anything with my life." Jaxton began to confess, unaware of why he was giving this information to a complete stranger. He respected the man after seeing how well he played Sabacc, but it was strange nonetheless. "You said something about the Jedi though? Do you really believe in all that hocus pocus? I thought stories of the Jedi and Sith and force and all that were just exaggerations. Surely no man can be that powerful."

"Oh trust me the Jedi are real......are real pain in the ass. Self righteous smug bastards who think they are better than everyone else. When a Jedi gets it in his mind to screw you over, they will use all sorts of tricks to get you in trouble. The Sith on the other hand, are pretty straight forward. Screw them and they screw you. Be useful and a lot of credits go heading your way. Give me a Sith any day over a ponificating Jedi." Ordering another round of drinks he had the dealer play out another hand.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton, despite the copious amounts of alcohol he'd had in the past couple of days, thought for a moment on what the man had said and how had said it. The man had to be speaking from experiance. He was beginning to doubt whether or not a blaster was the only form of weaponry the gambler had on him. The man then ordered a drink as the dealer played out another hand. He played it out and lost his hand to the man seemingly filled with Jedi and Sith knowledge.

"Tell you what, let's make things interesting." Jaxton said as the dealer began giving them cards. "Only give us one card dealer." Jaxton said and then pulled up his card, a Commander of Flasks. "If you can guess the card in my hand I'll double your winnings so far, if you guess incorrectly you double mine." It was a bet only a fool would take. Not even a cheater could wrench his way into winning this. The only way the man could win is if he was a Jedi . . . or a Sith.

Daxton looked at the other man for the longest time as he weighed the odds in his head. On one hand, he knew for a fact what that card would be, but on the other, if he said it it would play his hand that the deck was stacked his favor. Glancing at the huge stack of chips in front of him, and the other man's lesser but still large pile, the Sith Knight made a decision.

"Queen of Blades." as he pushed the required amount of chips to cover the bet, as those at the table and the spectators around them hung on baited breath for the card to be revealed.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton put his Commander of Flasks card on the table and took the pot. Though he had just won a tremendous amount of money he couldn't help but feel disappointed. He was probably showing it as well. He had the man was a jedi, or a sith, or maybe sonebody who could tell him what to do with him to do with his life.
"Get this poor man a bottle of your best ale, for I have seem to taken all of his money." Jax said to the bartender. Why would he have taken the bet if he wasn't a Jedi? Why would he risk that? Maybe if he already had enough money saved up? Or maybe he didn't need money? Perhaps he was a force user after all, and just didn't want to reveal he knew he card. Unable to think of another test, Jax merely pursued the statement the man had said on Jedi and Sith."These Jedi seem like people you shouldn't mess with. Other than the lightsabers, how would somebody go about identifing one? Or any force-user for that matter." Jaxton said as he poured the man and himself a drink.

My, my, how sly Daxton mused silent to himself as he downed his shot of alcohol. Snorting his nose in derision, as he put the glass down, he said, "A Jedi is like having a really ugly pain in the rear sister nagging you all the time and telling you how to live your life. The Sith leave well enough alone as long as you don't stick your nose in on their affairs. You do the math, the profit margin is way bigger with the Sith than with the Jedi."

Slurring his words slightly, he leaned closer and said conspiratoriously, "Can I tell you a secret? You have to promise to not share it with anyone ok? I think waitress, the one with big assets? I think she can read minds......." Smiling as the server in question arrives at their table and gives him another drink. Daxton tucks her a nice tip after giving her a playful pinch. "How does anyone know, my friend? They're out there watching and waiting."

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton laughed "I suppose that is true." He wasn't going to get anything from him tonight. The man was either a drunken fool who had gotten lucky, or he was smart enough to realize what Jaxton was doing. So Jaxton let it go and had a few more drinks with the man until he realized that he and the man were the only ones left in the cantina.

"I suppose it's about time for us to leave. If you're ever in Corellia hit me up and I'll make sure to show you a good time. You're a mean Sabacc player and I wouldn't mind going a few more hands with you someday." Jaxton said as he handed the man a card with his personal contact information.

"Only if you would give me a chance to win some of my money back. The name is Padfar Fain, at your service." Daxton said smoothly as he gave another one of his many covert identities, this one of a Zabrac gambler with a taste for blood sports and loose women. "Better yet, we should team up and clean house." Apparently getting slowly and unsteadily to his feet, Daxton weaved his way towards the door and exited the bar.

Jaxton Ravos

Padfar Fain Jaxton would remember the name and look it up later. Or perhaps he wouldn't. He wasn't sure how much of this night he would remember in the morning. He would definitely remember the bruises that rancor gave him. Jaxton stumbled to get into his speeder and tapped on the autopilot and set the destination to "Home" and began to sleep. The speeder would of course run around in circles for a while and take elaborate paths to get there, so it would be a few hours before he actually got to his home. So he closed his window, leaned back, and began to sleep. Perhaps he would pay a visit to Coruscant when he awoke, and see if the Jedi could 'sense' what was wrong with his life. He knew the Jedi probably weren't too keen on playing psychologist, but a few nice donations would probably sway them in his favor.

OOC:Not sure how closing topics works here, but this topic is pretty much over. Thanks for playing along Daxton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom