Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corellian Fender

Kyell's quarters at the Jedi Temple were all right for one person, but for two people—soon to be four—it was fast becoming too cramped for their liking. The Temple had grown crowded in recent years, and there were no more rooms to switch to, certainly nothing bigger than the dormitory they already occupied. Upon hearing of their misfortune, friends and family had offered their guest rooms and extra ship space to the couple. Miri had turned them all down. Partly because her pride wanted them to remain as independent as possible, and partly because there was no way she could tolerate living with some of these people.

She hadn't given up hope that she could get her ship back. Until then, she'd just have to deal with this tiny little room.

The Jedi liked to keep their quarters spartan, and there wasn't much in the way of furniture that could fit in there to begin with. A bed, a nightstand, a desk, a closet, a beanbag chair. When it came to finding a good place to sit down, the desk chair did not look inviting, and she knew that if she sat on the bed, she'd probably wind up laying down and taking a nap. So that left the beanbag.

Decorated with a tacky pattern reminiscent of a huttball, the beanbag chair was an enigma. Was it Kyell's? Had it come with the room? Miri certainly hadn't brought it in. Upon further examination, she found it was surprisingly comfortable. However, not long after she sat in it, she realized that she couldn't get up. The chair was not designed with the overworked abdominal muscles of pregnant women in mind (or perhaps it was just too old and beat up to function as anything more than a glorified floor cushion), and as a result it had sunk too low under her weight. No amount of straining, wiggling, or attempting to roll over could get her out of the thing—and it wasn't like Miri could just use the Force to help herself to her feet.

"You've got to be kidding me," she muttered out loud.

Oh, she could probably get up on her own eventually with enough maneuvering, though it was likely inadvisable in her delicate condition. Better to have someone help her up. Kyell had gone to train, though he was supposed to be back soon. In fact, that was why she hadn't gone to bed—she wanted to be awake when he arrived. Groaning, she glared at the birthday gift in the corner, which she'd spent the better part of the day carefully wrapping just so that he wouldn't be able to instantly tell what it was on sight. Maybe she should've just taken a nap anyway.

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Kyell was tired.

Not just because of his training and Jedi duties, but also because he had been very adamant about Miri taking rest and not doing any chores or overly physical activities. So whenever he made it back to their room after an already long day, there was often more to take care of. Not that it bothered him — he wasn't the one having to carry the baby, and he'd do anything to make her life easier during this difficult time full of new challenges. Even if he sometimes seemed a bit restless and easily agitated.

It wasn't because of her.

With a few quick knocks on the door after his arrival, Kyell wanted to let Miri know that it was him before he opened the door to step inside. She was a little locked up inside this tiny room most of the day, so he was used to her greeting him at the door rather quickly. But she wasn't there, and instead, he noticed her sitting in the beanbag. He didn't think much of it at first... until he realized that she was stuck. How long had she been in that uncomfortable-looking position?

Kyell quickly made his way over, dropped his bag with training clothes on the floor, and gently took her hand, and placed one of his hands behind her back to pull her up to her feet. <You okay?> he asked, clearly a bit worried. <I hope you weren't stuck in there for too long. It feels comfortable at first but it's terrible for your back.>

He let out a soft sigh and rubbed his eyes. <You need to be careful, dear...>

Kyell knocked on the door before entering, a habit he had developed after she moved into his dorm. Miri knew he was coming well before then; the twins suddenly became more active, heralding his arrival by kicking her enthusiastically. She might not be able to sense him with the Force, but they most certainly could, and the familiarity of his presence was cause for excitement. She could envision them rushing to meet him at the door as soon as they were able to walk or crawl.

Upon entering, Kyell would find Miri attempting to look casual, lounging on her side in the beanbag chair. <Hi,> she greeted him with a shy smile, her discomfort temporarily forgotten. <Happy birthday!>

Alas, her ruse failed, as he seemed to know instantly that something was up. Probably because she hadn’t met him at the door. Or possibly because he could feel her distress through their bond. At any rate, he immediately dropped his bag and went over to help her to her feet.

<Well, I was—Ooh, slowly. Gently…> With her arms wrapped around his neck, he inadvertently stretched her back as he rose to his full height. It actually felt rather good, and she found it in her to laugh at the whole situation. <Yeah, I figured that out the hard way. Why do we even have that chair, anyway?>

He looked tired, but this was nothing new. Miri had tried to keep up with things for as long as possible, and even now she at least did some of the more low effort chores to lessen his work load. She had even wrangled a few of their friends into helping out—most of them were more than happy to help. But Kyell was still overworked and exhausted. She didn’t need the Force to sense it.

<You need to be careful, dear...>

<And you look like you need a rest,> she said, kissing his cheek, then his mouth. For a little while she lost herself in him, tempted to pull him with her into the little twin-sized bed and sleep the rest of the day away. But then she remembered the gift. <That’s for you,> she said, pointing toward the mysterious wrapped rectangle in the corner of the room. <A birthday present from me and the girls.>

Kyell Laysel

K

Happy Birthday?

Oh right, it actually was his birthday — in all the craziness, he had forgotten about it himself. For most of his life, he never celebrated it because he had no reason to, and nobody to celebrate with, but that was going to change. A lot of things were, but the most beautiful change to him was still starting a family and marrying her. That was the real reason he had forgotten. There were far more important things to be thinking about.

Of course, the fact that she remembered did make him smile.

<Thank you... but first out of this chair.>

With some effort and even some laughing, he was able to help her out of the chair and glanced down at it with a newfound hatred. He had never liked it to begin with, and now it had turned into a trap for his fiancée. <I don't know, but I'm going to get rid of it. I'll get you a good chair to sit comfortably in, so you can watch the holo or do whatever you like while you rest.> It was a little ironic that he said it, but she definitely needed the rest a lot more than he did. Or at least, that's his opinion.

Miri was rather quick to point out that he needed rest as well, and he just sighed and nodded in agreement, <I know, I know...> he began before he returned the kiss and relaxed into her embrace. If it wasn't for these moments with her, he'd have already lost his mind a long time ago. <Maybe I'll take a few days off, and we go somewhere nice together?> A chance for them both to unwind before the babies were born, their wedding took place, and even before the inevitable clash with Sahar.

He needed some time to not think about all those things.

Once they separated from their embrace, Kyell was about ready to offer some rest in bed, when she mentioned a gift and pointed at something in the corner of the room. He blinked, turned around, and gently placed his hand over her stomach, <From you and the girls, hm?> He smiled brightly and gently traced his hand over the belly before walking over to start unwrapping it. <You didn't have to go through all this effort, you know? I know it's not easy right now...>

Miri eyed Kyell, a little concerned at how blindsided he seemed. <Did you forget it was your birthday?>

The cursed beanbag had been sentenced to death, its position to be fulfilled by a new more comfortable chair. <A sound plan, Padawan Laysel,> she agreed.

He practically melted in her arms. The suggestion of a short vacation was something she’d had in mind as well, although Miri was admittedly more reluctant to go anywhere now. But she and the twins were healthy, and they had some time yet to go before they were due to be born. <That sounds wonderful,> she said. <Do you have a specific place in mind?>

His hand on her belly was rewarded with a faint nudge against his palm. <I can’t tell if that’s an elbow or a leg, but I assume it means “you’re welcome, daddy”.>

<You didn't have to go through all this effort, you know? I know it's not easy right now...>

<Oh please, darling. I would’ve baked you a cake if we had a kitchen,> Miri replied, standing back to watch as Kyell opened his present. <I do still need to exercise, and this just gave me a little workout.>

The shape of the gift became clearer as the wrapping paper was stripped away layer by layer. Opening the case would finally reveal an electric blue guitar.

<It’s an antique,> she said. <Corellian made, couple hundred years old, they said. Only the strings have been replaced.>

Kyell Laysel

K

<Did you forget it was your birthday?>

<No...> He definitely forgot, but it didn't really matter too much to him. Now that he knew, and now that he had people to celebrate it with, he'd actually be able to enjoy it a little. Of course, that would be a lot easier if he wasn't so exhausted, and that's what sparked his interest in a short vacation. Just time to relax and probably sleep more than he ever had before.

<Not sure yet, but somewhere that's easy to get to. I want you to be able to be comfortable,> he said with a smile. The last thing he wanted was for a vacation to cause complications for her — pregnancy was already difficult enough. Kyell then felt the baby nudge against his palm and blinked while he looked down.

<I think she gave me a high-five there,> he joked with a somewhat dumb grin on his face. But then it was time for him to open his gift, and despite what he said, she insisted that it was good for them both. He knew exercise during pregnancy wasn't a bad thing, as long as it wasn't painful or highly uncomfortable, so rather than arguing that she'd just have to sit still all day and rest, he dipped his head and began to unwrap the gift.

A case soon popped out and he was starting to get an idea as to what it could be.... it couldn't be, right?

Sure enough, it was a guitar, but not just any. This one was hundreds of years old — an antique and she even got the type of guitar he liked down perfectly! For perhaps the first time in his life, he grinned like a child getting what they wanted most for Life Day, and so he was quick to rise up to his feet and wrap his arms around her. He hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her and shifted back only to pull her into a kiss.

<Thank you, love...> he said with a warm smile. <It's perfect.>

Finally, he put his hand over her belly once more and chuckled, <Can't give you two a hug yet, but thanks. I really needed this.>

<Well, Coruscant does have some beaches… Nothing as nice as Jerrilek, though.> And Jerrilek wasn’t far away at all.

Miri was a little nervous as she watched him unwrap the gift. She didn’t know much about guitars, and had relied on the knowledge of others to figure out what to get. But as Kyell’s face lit up, she knew she had made the right decision.

She was smiling too as he embraced her. <I can’t wait to hear you play it,> she said, continuing to kiss him along his jaw and neck. <I mean, as long as you’re not too tired…>

Kyell Laysel

K

<Jerrileck wouldn't be too difficult, and I'd rather get away from Coruscant for a while.>

Kyell then went on to open up his gift, and there was just no hiding his excitement or happiness. His exhaustion had seemingly faded away, and after a long embrace with his fiancée, he glanced at the guitar and nodded. <I can play you something.> It had actually been a little while since he played guitar, both because of how busy he had been, and because he was usually playing his Mindharp, so he got seated... and needed a moment to think.

He flashed her a sheepish smile, drew in a small breath, and finally began to play.

The song wasn't long or too technically complicated, but it was a classic in his opinion that he enjoyed playing. He only wished he could have played something and been able to sing for her as well.

After finishing the song, he set the guitar down in one of his stands, and looked in her direction, clearly happy with the instrument she had gifted him. So once more, he walked over, wrapped one arm gently around her waist, and tucked aside some long strands of hair with his free hand. <It's perfect and I can't wait to play it more but first...> he pressed a gentle kiss against her lips and reached for her hand to pull her along to the bed.

She nodded. Jerrilek it was.

Kyell was willing to play, so Miri perched on the edge of the bed to listen. She recognized the melody immediately—it was a classic after all—and while she couldn’t remember all the words, she softly sang what she did know and hummed along with the rest.

I look at you all, see the love there that’s sleeping, while my guitar gently weeps…

Miri wasn’t a bad singer, far from it, but she didn’t like singing in front of crowds. It was just her and Kyell in the little dorm room, though, and she found that she wasn’t too nervous to hold a tune.

When the song was finished, she smiled shyly at him. He set the guitar carefully on one of his stands, then made his way over to her. She couldn’t hear him anymore, only the music lingering in her mind and the lyricism of his touch. Losing herself in his kiss, Miri laid down beside Kyell in the bed, holding him close.

and they totally just slept Kyell Laysel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom