Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corellian Encounters [Open]

| @[member="Katrina Garnier"] |

Vilox Pazela was stood in the center of Coronet city, observing passing by vehicles and Corellian folk. It was the first time that he had been on Corellia and his purpose for coming to this famous world, for all of which it's fame came from the downfalls and foundations of Republics, Alliances and Empires, was the simple practice of recruitment. Unknowingly to her, the Dark Master had come to the knowledge of the existence of one Katrina Garnier. His influence was everywhere and yet minimal in the grand scheme of things. He knew of her, but not who she was. He intended to change that.

His attire was a dark robe in which it's cowl was lowered to reveal his far more youthful features. He felt young again. The specters of grey hair that had once littered his scalp were only here and there, replaced by the spiked up blackness that rose up. His skin was pale but had a sort of glow to it. The Dark Masters had always been yellow and predator like in nature, however.

And so he continued his search for the elusive Katrina Garnier...

Katrina didn't often come to a Republic world or the city but today was a different story. She was looking for a specific book that she believed would help her with her research. It wasn't often she played in the chemistry lab but when she did she always had fun. She enjoyed mixing different herbs and flowers together to see what she could come up with. Most of the time nothing but sometimes she was able to get a good tea.

Reaching up she grabbed a book on planets from the shelf and began flipping through it to see if it could be of any use to her. It looked to be just a picture book to her so she replaced it and grabbed the next book in her line of view.

One of these days she would find like the cure to some disease but for now she just enjoyed playing around when she had the chance.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

The door to the book shop opened and closed, a type of ringing bell indicating that someone had just entered. Vilox Pazela searched the small enclosed space, his yellow eyes following the various books and shelves for Katrina. He had been tailing her the moment he saw here walk down the street and had followed her into the shop. Stepping around the corner, he entered the aisle that the Jedi Master was looking in and stepped to her side. He selected a book and murmured, "Hello Katrina."

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Startled Katrina dropped the book in her hand as someone addressed her by name. Most of the time nobody knew whom the young woman was and honestly she liked that quite a bit.

Turning she eyed her visitor trying not to shudder as she bent down and picked up the dropped book. "Hello...I don't think I know you. Can I help you?"

Hugging the book to her chest she took a step back. She was always careful around strangers.

He lowered his hand from one of the books he had been pretending to look at and turned around to Katrina. He smiled before replying. "My name is Vilox Pazela and, like you, I am a Scientist." He leaned his head to the left as he observed the young woman before continuing. "I came here and met you today because it is my sincere intention of recruiting you into the group that I amassing, who's primary goals are research and development."

He smiled again. "Would you be interesting in learning more about us?"

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Katrina watched him curiously for a moment before answering. She had no idea where he had found her or how long her had been following her but she was curious. She wanted to know what this place was he was looking to recruit her for. She wanted to know whom he was and and what this place was. Kat had always wanted more and a lab so maybe she could get that.

"Yes, I would be interested in learning more. I never have met others like me but than again my science is mostly limited to planets and animals. I do a lot of studying and research. The idea of others whom do the same very much appeals to me."

Cab Khan

C
Cab gently traced her hand along the bookshelves, studying them wistfully. It had been a long time since she could afford books, or even had space to spare for them. The ones she had owned had been sold along with everything else to purchase the Gray Lady. She'd always loved them though. But, she had a job to do. Hopefully anyways. Given that there was nobody matching the description of her contact and the meeting had been supposed to occur almost an hour and a half ago. Corellians. So unreliable. She gave a small chuckle at the thought. Did that make her half-unreliable? Or half-reliable?
She glanced over at two people discussing something or other. Scientists, apparently. Highly educated, probably. Maybe even wealthy. Very different than herself. Probably not good to interrupt them. She took a step back, stumbled over a pile of books someone had left on the floor, and knocked several off a table with a loud bang. She bent to pick them up, hurriedly sifting through the titles to appear like it might have been an unintentional side-effect of something intentional.

| @[member="Katrina Garnier"] | @[member="Cab Khan "]|

The Dark Master nodded his head and gestured to his right arm. There was a stump there, obviously lost. He looked back up to the woman and gave her another, reassuring smile. "My research requires assistance from an incredible mind. I am looking into the regenerative properties found in various creatures, ranging from sentinent beings such as we, to plants and wild life as well. It is my hope that, one day, my research can be turned into fruition and I can claim my long lost limb. Will you help m-" He was suddenly cut off by the sound of falling books. Vilox Pazela turned to the young woman who was hastily picking up the fallen pieces and asked, "Can we help you?"

@[member="Cab Khan "]@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Kat listened intently as he spoke on what he was looking to do. She hadn't dug around in a lab like that in a very long time but she was rather interested in doing so again. The Jedi Master had never looked into regeneration properties before but she wouldn't say no if she had the right equipment and resources. There was so much she could do with the right equipment but at last she didn't have money but perhaps he did.

Katrina was about to respond when another entered the group. "I'm interested, very interested." Turning she looked to the newcomer. "Hello."

Cab Khan

C
Cab straightened quickly, holding up two books. "Yes, hello. Sorry to interrupt." She glanced down at the books and then back up at them, holding them up. "Advanced mathematics." She gave a minuscule nod. "Extremely fascinating." She slowly set them back down on the stack. That would hardly support her professional reputation. It'd probably diminish it permanently. Maybe she could find some other work. Maybe a desk job or something. The thought horrified her. She'd suffer through any negative consequences as they happened.

| @[member="Cab Khan "]| @[member="Katrina Garnier"] |

Vilox squinted his eyes a moment. He turned fully around to the young woman and asked her, "Were you listening in on us?" He leaned his head to the left as he asked.

Cab Khan

C
Cab raised an eyebrow at the question. "No. I was waiting for an associate who is over an hour late and has made no communications about it at all." She flipped open one of the books again and skimmed the pages, taking in the calculations and figures spread across the page before shutting it again and frowning slightly. People were depending on this meeting. It was the last set-up for a whole chain of events, and it wasn't happening soon enough.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"] @[member="Katrina Garnier"]

@[member="Cab Khan "]@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"Oh? Shouldn't you be worried where they are since they are so late? I mean I would be worried about my associate if they were that late. What were you waiting for them for? If you don't mind me asking as well I guess this is kind of a weird place to be waiting is all." Kat was a little annoyed to be interrupted but well not that upset after all it wasn't like they had gone somewhere private for this meeting.

Cab Khan

C
Cab nodded. "I am worried. This was a significant business deal we were setting up, and he had debts to unsavory types." Very unsavory types. She wasn't entirely all of them, but he had been a gambler and smuggler. She frowned, and tapped the book covers in an odd, syncopated rhythm. He was normally very punctual. Obsessively so, almost. She had a very, very bad feeling about this. Probably about time to start looking for a new job. Or at least a new contact.

@[member="Katrina Garnier"] @[member="Vilox Pazela"]

| @[member="Cab Khan "]| @[member="Katrina Garnier"] |

"What is your name? And what is it you exactly do for a living?" Vilox was curious now, more so because he wanted to know whether or not the girls presence was a coincidence or on purpose. In the case of the latter, he would slyly manipulate Katrina into joining him on the shuttle he had taken from the Obscurity, his flagship that he had left on the Unknown Regions, where he would continue his pitch, for lack of better word.

Cab Khan

C
Cab shrugged. "Name's Cab, and I'm in the cargo and passenger haulin' business and do math for fun." That usually worked. Most assumed she was just a free-lance cargo hauler, which was technically true, though not quite as nuanced as the reality. Easier to avoid any questions that might put others at risk, or the mission. It was difficult though, to not try and bring attention to the hardship beings suffered in other parts of the galaxy. So much needed done! But, she'd learned to be very cautious as time went on through some narrow misses.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom