Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Core Defense | GA

download50.png

CORUSCANT
FEDERAL DISTRICT

unknown.png

It was just Fondor they wanted, or at the very least what the Corellian representative of the defense committee wanted. To say the wind had been taken out of Saro's sail from that point onward would have been an understatement, the Atrisian Chief Executive Officer watching from where he sat as the Admiral insisted the GADF's arsenal was in fine condition and that their current enemies posed no real threat on a technological basis. Partially dejected, he was able flash a small smile towards the Chaldean representative as they inquired about the development of battle droids, something that could potentially be profitable. Not wanting to vocally disrupt the current focus of the meeting, however, he simply had one of his assistants pass a note to the senator confirming Fukashi Electric's current progress on a next-generation military droid.

Having returned his attention to the meeting's primary point of consideration, Saro wasn't especially stunned by his Roble counterpart's boldness in proposing an absorption of Republic Engineering, after all he was certain that the man's company was one of the few in the galaxy that could accomplish such a large acquisition. But it was proposal the Atrisian knew he would be forced to push back against if it ever came to pass- or if all resistance failed that he got some form of compensation from whatever it's results were. Republic Engineering was a particularly shiny prize, being a truly massive firm in the defense market, and it was no secret among the galactic elite that it's contracts with the Alliance military alone would be enough to considerably fatten even the largest megacorporation's Core World profit margins.

As much as he had been endeared by his counterpart over the course of this assembly, it was an easy calculation to make that allowing Roble Manufacturing unfettered access to the riches of REC would be bad for business.

Saro was taken from his thoughts on the matter of Republic Engineering, however, as Mr. Roble's exchange with Pryce seemed to take a turn for the worse. Though having only paid a half-hearted attention to it, absorbed in his own thoughts, Saro hadn't noticed anything offensively wrong with the representative from Fondor's reasoning from what he had heard. While not a senator himself (thank the Force), he was well enough aware from his experiences dealing with his own board of directors that maintaining backer- or in this case constituent confidence was paramount to one's success as a leader. And that even in times of war the free market still had to have it's way- lest the economy crumble and the war machine it fuelled chug to a halt. Senator Pryce, somewhat unsurprisingly, didn't seem to agree with that point of view, Saro having to suppress a satisfied smirk as he saw the man get up from his chair and clench his fists.

Were all military-men this pig-headed?

"Senator Roble makes a very valid point. We're to sit here and be lectured about how our military is in fine working order and how all you need is more ships when it was the exact opposite situation which led to these supposedly primitive savages piercing a hole to the very heart of our territory? If the Maw was able to accomplish all of this with their 'hunks of junk' as you described them, Senator Pryce, and if we don't need to question the quality of our equipment. Then, surely the next logical step is to question the competency of our military leadership? Of men similar to yourself, perhaps?" He didn't bother to get up from his seat as he interjected this time, knowing there was a likelihood his efforts would be left without gain like they had been earlier. His eyes narrowed, and he exchanged glances with both halves of the debate, before he continued.

"I won't claim to know Senator Roble's intentions, but I'm sure he- same as I- do not intend to shut down the Alliance's logistical ability to defend itself while this modernization we propose is being put into effect, and certainly not on the behalf of anyone's ego. Our products would be scrutinized and tested to ensure they meet the GADF's standards just as all of it's other acquisitions are, and then they would be gradually introduced to active-duty service on a basis of operational convenience, so that no disruption to units on the frontline would occur, as is the norm. Your fear of our nation's defense being 'turned on it's head' as a result of our proposition is not based in reality, Senator. Perhaps Senator Roble is correct in questioning how your own pride factors into this discussion."

Tag: Alban Roble Alban Roble | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Chaldean Potentium | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

download50.png

"Senator Pryce's devotion to that cause is not in question here," Stazi glowered, "Forgive me, Mister Nakaioma. I must have misunderstood you. It sounded like you just called the Defense Force incompetent."

His lip curled in distaste before the old duros turned to Alban.

"It would seem you have a conflict of interest. Elected representative of Fondor's yards...and yet an exclusive contract with the Galactic Alliance would be quite profitable for Roble Manufacturing. Perhaps we should negotiate with the Guild directly."

Mazik slammed his palm down on the table and jabbed a finger at both executives.

"This committee will not be lectured to by arms dealers. We are at war. You want to sell us ships? We'll buy your ships. Construction, testing, training. Shall we throw rocks in the meantime?"

o9OqbpJ.png

C O N T R A C T

Tag: Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Chaldean Potentium | Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto | Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause

Alban held up his hands, a universal gesture of surrender. Emotion was being injected into the conversation -- for which Alban had some culpability in -- and too much negative emotion was bad for business. He needed to make them understand that they were on the same side. Or at least, he needed for them to think they were on the same side. The only side Alban was ever on was for himself, but for the moment his goals and the Alliance's aligned.

"Before we let our emotions get the best of us, I apologize for any inflammatory rhetoric on my part," he said carefully, lowering his hands as he spoke with a soft, soothing tone. "We are all on the same side here, and want what is best for the Alliance. For our people. From that passion, my colleague and I can become. . . heated. Again, I apologize."

He looked towards the Duros senator, extending a hand. "That is all we wish to do. Roble Manufacturing has ships to sell, and the Alliance has a need. Fondor's shipyards can be put to work on the double, and the exact matters of financial compensation can be worked out with the treasury. I can pull strings so that new ships can be on the frontlines without all of the fiscal haggling that would muddy up the process. In the meantime, this phased modernization we propose would ensure that none of the Alliance's current material go to waste. Every ship up until now produced by the Republic Engineering Corporation would, of course, still be in service until they are no longer required. Does this seem a fair compromise?" Best to word it as if the suggestion was coming from their own lips to make it more tenable.

Pryce resisted the urge to roll his eyes about Roble's comment regarding passion. Passionate about credits you mean, he thought privately to himself. He sighed and clasped his hands together on the table, sharing a glance with Mazik.

"Fondor's Yards are the end goal," he said "There is no current need to replace vessels but we do have gaps in our fleet. We have been working with other sources to help fill that gap...But..." He trailed off. "If Fondor can take the Alliance's actual needs into account, produce this...Tython-Class as a test run and allow our fleets respite in the region we can talk about expanding Fondor's role in the Alliance war machine. " He paused and glanced over at the weapon dealers.

"We can offer the same for Nakaioma. A test run. I can't see any sort of rapid shift in the coming days. The Alliance has more enemies than its people know and we will need the cooperation of our best and brightest if we are going to emerge on the other side of these conflicts."

o9OqbpJ.png

C O N T R A C T

Tag: Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Chaldean Potentium | Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto | Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause

Alban drummed his fingers on the metal table. "A test run is a good idea, Senator Pryce." He nodded, satisfied. "I think this is most reasonable. In the meantime Fondor's shipyards will do what they can to prop up the manufacturing of existing Alliance ship models." And in the meantime, he would slowly work to get more votes for legislation so that his every proposal wouldn't rely on the approval of Pryce and Stazi. Anything that didn't put Corellia first would not fly by the Corellian Senator, he sensed, and Stazi was an unbending iron rod that required too much tempering before a suitable suggestion could be made.

"And I'm sure my colleagues from Nakaioma would agree," he said pointedly towards Saro's direction. They needed to take this offer, though it was much more meager than either of them had been hoping for. But a tactical retreat did not equate defeat, and he hoped Saro would recognize that. "If there are no further objections, then I believe we can adjourn this meeting? And if there are any Senators who would like to explore possibilities for their system's own security, my Fondor offices are always open," he added with a wink and a grin towards the Chaldean representative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom