Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool little text-based fantasy game

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

I guarantee you'll get to the end and your second playthrough will be "what if I'd made every choice exactly the same...EXCEPT THAT ONE?"

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ashin Varanin said:
[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

I guarantee you'll get to the end and your second playthrough will be "what if I'd made every choice exactly the same...EXCEPT THAT ONE?"
THIS................. >_>

I won't spoil it but I didn't do something I forgot I was supposed to do all along.

This was basically my ending.
maxresdefault.jpg

Possible spoiler alert.

So in the end my allies went off to become waitresses and write self help books, but I still went on to fight the dragon... Who informed me that the greatest evil went off to make hedge funds.

This was great, lmao.

Today on Jerry Springer: warrior princess marries dragon. But is he really the father?
Well. Not really. But that felt like a great followup for what I did on my first run.

I've tried a lot of different choices. I even missed a gift at some point and went into the endgame with a question mark where one of my abilities would have been. I've tried about four or five endings, and I still think the one I chose the first time was the best one.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
My first ending. I was not kidding.
"Well," the Great Red Dragon says, "OK."

And so, as opposed to what was written in the prophecy in the Book of the Carvings of Narm, the hero and the dragon left the Land of Plenty together. A moderate sort of evil soon flourished there, but at least people were very aware of their personal shortcomings all the time. Later there was a war, and hunger, and a bit of genocide, but since everything was subjective now, that didn't matter very much.

The dragon and the hero were never seen again; very few people remember them now. But sometimes, on rainy days when the streets are full of soldiers and the words of the artists and the academics don't seem like much of a consolation, when the world seems too real to avoid, a rumour spreads that two strangers are coming from a distant land to teach people what heroes and dragons were all about.

So far it's just a rumour, though.

THE END

Run #1:

You wander all across the Land of Plenty, telling people of the Great Red Dragon and the Clawed Mountain and the Darkest of All Evils, but they do not listen to you. For a while, a man follows you around and writes down what you say, but after some time you discover that he believes the Great Red Dragon to be a repressed memory of your abusive father. You chase him away, but your anger attracts the attention of the guards, who put you in jail. You are taken in front of a judge; a woman from a charitable organization passionately defends your right to believe in dragons as part of your cultural heritage, and the judge frees you.

The shaman contacts you once, but you are too tired to talk to him. You sell your staff to buy food, but in time the money runs out, and you waste away in a little shack next to a supermarket.

Thirty years later, you become famous when a controversial modern artist builds a replica of the shack you died in, paints it red and calls it The Great Red Dragon.

THE END

Run #2:

You return to the Greenest Woods. Epiphany is still there, and she's delighted to see you.

"Let's play!" she says. "Come on, I've come up with a new game. It's called Try Not To Get Your Face Scratched Off, you'll never guess what it's about!"

Sometimes, as the years pass, you wonder whether you've ended up doing the same thing as the people of the Land of Plenty. But if the fight against evil has been abandoned, what else is there todo?

You keep your bow, though. Just in case.

Maybe someday people will remember the Great Red Dragon.

THE END

Run #3 (by far the funniest):​
You slay the beast. There is some pain, but you are as quick as you can. And so the Great Red Dragon dies at the hands of a hero in the shadow of the Clawed Mountain, never to rise again.

That's it. You're left standing there with the corpse, not knowing what to do next.

After a while, reporters arrive. They take photos of you and the dead dragon.

"MADMAN CLAIMS HE SLAYED DRAGON"

"INTERVIEW WITH DRAGONSLAYER ON PAGE 5"

"FREE DRAGONSLAYER POSTER INCLUDED"

"DRAGONSLAYER TO HOST I'M A HERO, GET ME OUT OF HERE"

"DRAGONSLAYER VOTED SEXIEST CELEB"

"DRAGONSLAYER'S SHOCKING AFFAIR REVEALED"

"KEEP THE DRAGONSLAYER AWAY FROM OUR CHILDREN"

"DRAGONSLAYER ON BENEFITS"

"DRAGONSLAYER DIES OF OVERDOSE"

"NATION MOURNS GENIUS DRAGONSLAYER"

"DRAGONSLAYER'S BEST MOMENTS - FREE BOOKLET INSIDE"

THE END

Jsc

Disney's Princess
You slay the beast. There is some pain, but you are as quick as you can. And so the Great Red Dragon dies at the hands of a hero in the shadow of the Clawed Mountain, never to rise again.

That's it. You're left standing there with the corpse, not knowing what to do next.

After a while, reporters arrive. They take photos of you and the dead dragon. (Followed by a colorful nonsensical assortment of ridiculous Media Headlines)

The End.

This was my first and only run through and I did what I thought I was supposed to do. Go kill a dragon. So I went off and killed a dragon. :(

Sidebar was as follows,

Archer - Bow - Owl - Sailor - Air - Ancient Memories - ? -

Oi. I was hoping for something a little more satisfying, but I ended up laughing in the end anyway. So all-in-all, it was a cute little game. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom