Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contruum: Objective C

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Updates, organization, issues, etc. regarding Objective C of Contruum will be discussed and handled here. If you're looking for an opposing writer to duel with or have an update on an ongoing duel, please post here and tag either myself, [member="Sage Bane"], [member="Reverance"], or [member="Darth Pyrrhus"].

Objective C: Taking the Garrison (NPCs determine victory)

Invaders (OS): Destroy or incapacitate the defending garrison. This is a PVE objective that involves troops. Judging elements will be based on casualties inflicted vs casualties taken. The standard writer-courtesy and writing quality elements also apply.

Defenders (GR): Destroy or incapacitate the invading troops. This is a PVE objective that involves troops. Judging elements will be based on casualties inflicted vs casualties taken. The standard writer-courtesy and writing quality elements also apply.

As always, be nice, communicate, and have fun. :)

[member="Isamu Baelor"]
[member="Valens"]
[member="Kerstas"]
[member="Darth Vyrassu"]
[member="Vrag"]

Alright, so I am gonna be helping here. I know right. But I have like, a few questions.
  1. What is the scope of this battle, hundreds, dozens, thousands?
  2. What Strategy do yall wanna go with, the sky is the limit, but like an overall battle strategy would be nice (Anaconda Plan, Operation Overlord, Blitzkrieg). Like really generalized right now, as no plan holds up after contact with the enemy.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
Let's do this straight Old Republic style.

CHARGE!!!!!!

we got lightsabers and the force, they have blasters..... In overall we going to open a whole case of whoop a$$

[Member=Draco vereen]

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
[member="Darth Vyrassu"]

False. If you charge, you'll likely get run down by blaster fire (or something bigger) and left to die in a ditch. Strategy is of utmost importance when fighting battles like this, as is respect for your fellow player.

I'm not going to be on C so I can't offer IC assistance, but I'll do my best to help coordinate things when the invasion gets uderway.

That said, [member="Draco Vereen"], there's no limits on the NPC objective. This harkens back to a more Manaan-y NPC style, where things were more descriptive. The lack of hard numbers, we believe, could perhaps encourage people to take hits and therefore make for a more epic, all-out battlefield war without the usual drama.

That may be wishful thinking, of course, so I'd suggest waiting to see how the GR perceive this limitless situation if you're uncertain as to how to proceed, and then adapt the approach.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
IC Isamu has got about 70,000 troops under his command. So we can use them.

I've made light and heavy anti-air vehicles, and I'm in the process of doing apps for artillery, and powered armor. Probably a shield tank as well.

So I think we'll start out with a full out artillery barrage.

Darth Vyrassu

Why don't we have drop ships fly overhead take out as many ground forces as they can with missiles and laser blast. With some back up personal fighters to protect the drop ships, and then after the bombardment ground forces for OS move in?

[member="Darth Vyrassu"] [member="Isamu Baelor"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

I (with much help from Mr. Baelor) am in the process of creating a small squad (6-7 individuals, including Kerstas) of soldiers for my Sith to lead. I won't be able to assist with anything in the air, but I could do some infiltration or whatever, maybe even scout, as I probably have the smallest number in people to lead.

I like the idea of artillery barrages to soften up the defenses-- it worked pretty well for the Russians '43-45. We'll obviously want to let NPCs handle the sort of "over-the-top" nitty gritty combat and utilize our characters for more important missions.

Any way to drop in some stealth units the night before by means of stealth flying units? (We could have then set up charges and use stuff to better aim the artillery strikes.)

And what position are we actually attacking or is there multiple objective points?

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
I don't think we can sneak in stealth units the night before, but nothing is stopping us from doing it during the battle.

So here's my idea for out battle plan, and please give me your input on anything you see wrong or want to add.

Phase 1:

Rain artillery. I mean just an ungodly amount of shells. That'll soften them up.

Phase 2:

We have small teams sneak into the enemy area, and most importantly take out their anti-air/mark it for our artillery to hit it with a precise salvo. The small teams can also go for their artillery. This could be a good job for you and your squad [member="Kerstas"]

Phase 3:

I think ICly my guy has the biggest force here, so my troops will be the vanguard. They'll hit them and keep the main force occupied. At the same time, if their anti-air is down, we can have gunships go to town.

Phase 4:

During this time, [member="Draco Vereen"], your troops can flank them and hit them on the side. We can also have another force hit them from the other side. Leave the back open so they can route and run away.

And all the while our Anti-Air will be keeping us covered from missile strikes and air strikes, and our fighters will be dog-fighting with their fighters.

So yea, that's kind of how I'm envisioning the battle goes down. What do you guys think? What do you want to change? What do you want to add?

[member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Valens"] [member="Darth Vyrassu"]

Edit:

We can also have a team sneak in and try to take out their command.

One to hit their supply depots

etc

Darth Vyrassu

I like it, Vyrassu can help in anyway needed, he is a sorcerer, he could use force storm (but would need cover to regain strength after) devastating force lightning, illusion spells, etc etc...

Brief response:

Phase 1:
- Bombardment should be continuous. I don't see what it should stop once it gets started.

Phase 2:
- Looks good. Don't want this to get too crowded. Ill have my character Lao on stand by in case back up is needed.

Phase 3:
- If and only If phase 2 is successful in can move my character here for some fun and reinforcements.

Phase 4
- The attacking force seems and probably might be a weaker attacking force but could do well if we had another join up. But that could be me. And I'm not really caring about getting 3 sides of this place nailed down. Unless this side decides to push through the area while a firing line is set up in the Phase 3 area.

My 2 cents. Looks good though.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

I'm down with completing Phase 2 ^_^ If it ends up that I manage to complete that before the dom is finished, especially if [member="Lao Tzu"] pitches in, he and I could go and take out command.

Just a heads up though: [member="Coryn Raxis"] and I are going to be sparring a bit, so that'll add an interesting twist to what's going on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom