Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controversial Force Question...

Now everyone knows pretty much, what a Ysalamir is and the gist of what it does (negate force powers), but I've found something intriguing.

Now, having read the Thrawn series and being introduced to the characters long before I started RPing here, I had interpreted that the creatures merely used the force in an equal but opposite proportion to any force power being inflicted upon it. What I mean by that, is if you tried to hit them with force lightning, the energy used in the attack would be counter with a force energy opposite to the attacks force energy and negate it by matching the strength of it within a limited range.

However, upon going on the wookie I found a hyperlink in the word "repel the force" which obviously from the link I provided you, redirects you to a force power call force suppression, which is described as a "controversial" ability that convinces someone they are not force sensitive.

That is not at all how it seems in the book, which has sith lightning stopping around the bubble. Surely you cannot convince the practitioner that they are force insensitive if they are already procuring the force energy around you. So this link doesn't seem to make very much sense to me.

So I'm wondering what the deal is and how these funky little critters work, because I believe that if it is the force suppression definition, I would think that after a long time, great difficulty, and superb mastery of the mental arts would allow one to negate the suppression. If it is my "definition" of equal and opposite bubble, things I believe, would become much hard for a Force user to counter a Ysalamir prison cell... not sayin' obviously that it would be easy the other way either, but like I said it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darth Voracitos"]
You see when the universe first started, the goddesses Selune and Shar battled each other and during one of their clashes Mystryl was created and with her, the Weave, source of all magick. However, during the age of the Netheril Empire, and creation of the Mythallars, Mystra (Later embodiment of Mystryl), realized that the creation of the Weave was a mistake, as the Archmages of Netheril begun to abuse the power of the Weave through focusing it in Mythallars and using it for their own, often not so good, purposes.
To limit their power, Mystra has created Ysalamir, beings that create a Weave-Dead Bubble about them, making any Weave-users in their proximity unable to access their Magicks by cutting their connection to the Weave.

However, she rolled a 1, critical failure, and the Ysalamir ended up on Myrkyr instead, and have been creating bubbles of Force-dead areas to restrict our Force Wizards ever since. :3

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Somehow the little buggers push the Force away from them. Including it's manifestations, such as lightning. Now, keep in mind that most of this was a plot device long, long before it was a Wookieepedia article. So it didn't have to make sense. It just had to please the author and the story he was trying to tell.

Best to just shrug and call 'Handwaveium'. Cause that all Ysalamir are anyway. :p

[member="HK-36"] In the wookie, it's described as Force "Neutral", being descriptively different from the variety of "force dead" as commonly described for the Vong. So once again it leads me to believe my theory in that they are generating fields of equal and opposite force energy since they are a "neutral zone" and not at all described as being Force dead in the Vong like nature.

Creative story by the way, did you pull that from something or just off the top of your head? :p

[member="Sam Jhovna"] Handwavium they may be, but I have the urge to unwavium it! I'll even use alchemy to do it!

lol, I know what it is, but I'm attempting in all honesty to find a loop hole for escaping a prison full of the damnable things. So I'm figuring out a way to negate their abilities to... negate :p

THEY WILL BE DECIPHERED!

Freynk Porkins

F

You could have your people hire some NFU entrepreneurs to spring you because the only way to get around Ysalamir is to kill them physically yourself or use voxyn to do it for you.

And how a force ghost survives on Myrkr is the real question. A ghost should have dissipated and returned to it's anchor by now. Just saying.

[member="Freynk Porkins"] The spirit isn't there. A flesh golum is in its place that has enough echoes of the spirit's consciousness to believe itself to be Voracitos.

Since Sithspawn are not known to simply dissipate and die in the midst of the lizards, my guess is that a flesh golum remaining "alive" within the confines of that prison isn't at all far fetched to believe..

Freynk Porkins

F
I had to go back and read how you were anchored. It makes sense how it is written.

That said, you could still have some one come and break you out. Multiple manifestations for a Sith of your caliber qoukd not be even close to far fetched as far as legacy canon goes. If your spirit is still in the holocron it is reasonable, in my opinion, to be able to contact aomeone to spring you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom