Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Controlled Burn

51f7d5vaMGL._SX425_.jpg

~~~​

The Sith Academy of Barbatos.

She was actually here.

This massive academy was filled with so much. Libraries, lecture halls, dueling places to bet people up in! This was the pinnacle of the dark side arts for acolytes. So, what was Gwineira Craft doing in this glorious establishment?

Hiding in her dorm, reading up on the several dozen books she ordered from the library.

Taking a bite out of the space waffles she heated up, the young acolyte continued to read up on how to strengthen one’s telepathic abilities. Force push, pull, choke, and crush. All these ways to enhance one’s connection to the Force, the Dark Side amongst it, and how to ultimately become to best option for the next Sith.

Gwyneira knew there were many powerful acolytes here. She knew this life was harsh. She knew that this academy crawled with many, many powerful and talented students who would never become Sith Lords. She knew the risks, but she was here of her own free will. Gwyneira’s mission was to actually succeed. Not necessarily through supreme power or the most skill, but by being smart. She had watched many of these acolytes spew with anger and throw temper tantrums. Yes, the Dark Side fed on anger. Yet, Gwyneira knew that that anger had to be honed and controlled for proper use. Acting like a three year old when offended was not the path to success. One needed to work for their goals, and Gwyneira was willing to pour sweat and tears into becoming a true Sith.

Gwyneira reached the end of the book. She slammed the cover shut as she took another bite of syrup coated waffle. She was careful not to get any mess on the book as she lifted it and shoved it on the desk her feet were resting on. She lifted the plate and sipped the syrup as she looked upon the books she had just read. She spent most of her time in her dorm or in the lecture halls. She preferred solitude to the squabbling of acolytes who knew nothing but fighting. Not that Gwyneira was superior. She was new here, she knew she stood no chance against these students, Yet, by practicing a sound mind and discipline, she hoped to surpass the ones who sought brute force alone to solve all their problems. Maybe, just maybe, Gwyneira could survive these vultures through wit.

She sighed, tossing the empty bowl on the table. The knife fell on the floor as the acolyte pulled her feet to the floor. She stood up, wiping her hands, as she mentally prepared herself to return this set of books to the library. She had completed her homework hours ago, this was all extra.

She knew she needed it.

The academy roared with life, as students moved between classes - some hoping to find some rival to challenge, others their friends. Even the Instructors moved about in their own manner, and while loyal to the state - they grew bold with machinations. Despite what the Sith Empire demanded of its people, Sith did everything short of truly kill one another.​
It was simply the way it had always been. Emotions ran high on these grounds, and it was up to Overseek Seki to make sure her students learned what came first; refined loyalty. Among the many things the Sith Empire had done upon taking Barbatos, it was chief among them - to make sure the Academy trained for their totalitarian regime, to back the Emperor in all he did. It wasn’t the Sith way Seki grew up on, but it was… a way.​
And she’d rather teach that than risk her position, her power, or her daughter for something so trivial.​
Crowds moved aside as the well dressed Seki moved about the balcony of the second floor, her arms blackened from their necrotic rot - but they didn’t seem so bygone except for their discoloration. She moved them with relative ease, though this was more an act than anything - she couldn’t be nearly as deft as she once was. Instead, he let them rest upon one another as she was trailed by two Knights she had handpicked for Darth Maliphant’s personal guard.​
They were loyal, no questions asked - and very well endowed in the Dark Side.​
Darth Eros -”, one began, “- Down there. It appears one of the students is causing a disturbance.”​
Mia glanced to them, and besides a dangerously petite smile, those careful eyes seemed to roll so elegantly over the railing to the situation before. What was occuring in her Academy today, she wondered?​

Part I of II replies.

Meshak Bile, a zabrak acolyte, knew since the moment he heard of them he wanted to be a Sith Lord.

To gain power, control, was his dream. Always, his desire to be the best fueled him. He would survive this academy. He would become a Sith Lord. Someday, he would join the ranks of the Sith Masters, the Dark Council... Heck, Emperor Bile even had a nice ring to it.

The Sith Code called for power. Power, Meshak Bile had. He was one of the top dogs in his classroom. He even had a small following of fellow students - no - underlings, who followed his every command.

Currently, Meshak was in the library completing his homework. Next to him, the constant irritation of one of his followers leaned against his chair. She was a dark blue twi'lik girl wearing a purposefully tight outfit. She tapped her polished fingers on the chair as she watched her crush work.

As far as Meshak was concerned, this race was overrated. He liked the togruta females better. He still worked to keep up an act, however. He needed her loyalty. One of the reasons he was able to pass his written courses was how booksmart Teresa Stabila was.

Teresa bent closer to him and whispered in his ear. "That's 'there', not 'their', honey."

Meshak silently corrected his paper's grammar, screaming internally. He loved that she secured his grades; but this girl was insanely irritating to listen to.

As they continued to work, he felt the presence of another of his followers behind him. He heard Teresa whisper energetically, "Hey, Nel-jah Beat."

Meshak stopped typing dead in his tracks. He turned his seat around to see the sturdy, quiet human standing there with a frown on his face. "I found that new student."

For the first time that day, Meshak smiled.

"Who can tell me what midichlorians are?"

The students in the lecture hall all groaned. Everyone hated this topic. It was convoluted and confusing, not to mention odd. Meshak still had studied this well, however, with the thanks of the foolish acolyte crushing on him like he was candy. He raised his hand, expecting to get this answer correct.

"Yes, Acolyte Bile?"

The zabrak smirked, knowing the day was his. He was always correct. "Midichlorians are the symbiotic creatures inside us, allowing connection to the Force. Individuals with a high amount of them are naturally gifted with the force, as if chosen." Meshak felt his smile grow.
Chosen. He was chosen by the Force to wield such incredible power...

To his shock and surprise, the mentor tilted his head, eyes narrowed and lips tight. "Actually, that is an okay answer. However, would anyone like to add onto that?"

The mans eyes fixed on something behind him. He looked up, then pointed. All eyes followed his finger to the very back, where an irisless eyed girl with dyed hair sat, raising her hand. The teacher spoke, "Yes, Acolyte Craft?"

Oh. That was the new, quiet student's name.

With a blank face, she spoke in a concise, clear tone. "Midichlorians and microscopic creatures, not unsimilar to mitochondria, which live within our cells. They allow us a connection to the Force, guiding us in it. Midichlorians allow life to exist at all, thanks to the power of the Force."

Everyone's glances returned to the instructor, who stood in amazement. His face shone with a micture of delight and scorn. He motioned to her, shouting, "Why can't you all be more like
her! She has only been here a couple days and already outclasses you scum!" He gave her an approving nod, much to Meshak's displeasure, "I believe I have a new favorite student. Keep it up, acolyte. Just remember, you are no Sith yet."

~~~​

Rage burned within Meshak Bile as he remembered. How dare his instructor do that! Meshak was at the top of his class, and he was outdone by this new spec of dust! He had to make her pay for the embarrassment. He followed his classmate and underling, Nel-jah, as he guided him to his victim. The teenage girl was wearing some sort of rock punk attire, like an edgy twelve year old, as she returned books to the library. Nel-jah scoffed, whispering in his ear. "She seems to like books, the dumb nerd. The only time she leaves her dorm is to come here."

Meshak nodded with a smile and thanked the younger human. Then, the muscular zabrak crossed his arms. "She is new here, and obviously scrawny like a street rat. I'll deal with her myself."

The twi-lik girl awed is disappointment. Meshak ignored the wretch and stalked towards the white haired girl browsing new books. He cleared his throat, extending his hand. "Hey! Smart poodoo pants!"

He Force pushed her against the nearest wall.

Hundreds of lesser acolytes shouted, gasped, and ran as books fell atop the girl's frame. She coughed as she looked up at him with a mix of indignity and anger. "What the Hoth was that for!"

Bile scowled, "For making a fool out of me in front of the teacher, you little pet!" He pulled his saberstaff from his belt and activated a single, crimson blade.

The girl's face was unreadable as she raised a four fingered hand, "Are you really starting a fight here?"

Meshak scoffed as she continued, "We should take this somewhere we can fight without our teachers scorching us with lightning!"

Meshak suddenly realized his place. His lightsaber deactivated. "Poodoo. You're right."

The girl stood up, books falling from her as she glared. Meshak realized with a feeling of victory that she truly was delaying the inevitable. She knew she could not face him, at least not now, and needed both diversion and time to prepare. "The Proving Grounds. In an hour."

Last edited:
Meshak Bile.
She was someone Overseer Seki had known of - a rough child whose power was supported by underlings who thought him powerful, who underestimated their own worth. His presence alone hurt the potential of those around him, stifled their chances of success with every acolyte he crushed beneath his boot heel; and while it spoke well for his own sake as a Knight on the battlefield - it stank horribly for the quality of her students.​
She couldn’t help but retract her upper lip in disgust, not at the matter of the Acolyte attacking yet another one; but of his presence itself. However, this… Gwyneira Craft, Seki was more interested in - perhaps not even for her own sake, but to undermine the ‘top student’ of Barbatos. She glanced to the man that accompanied her and spoke in a quick, sharp tone;​
Bring Gwyneira to my office. I want to speak with her.”​
The man nodded, and took a few steps away - while Seki moved to her office with a gliding step. The man would take a short cut and fall from the balcony they were walking across - landing with a solid thud that threatened the integrity of the durasteel more than his form. His golden, corrupted gaze fell quickly on Craft, and his voice spoke deeper than was natural;​
Gwyneira Craft. Overseer Seki has requested you in her office.”​
He took two heavy footed steps towards her, and cybernetics that covered him became more obvious.​
You will come with me. Now.”​
And so they would. Craft would learn she didn’t have as much choice in the matter as she might’ve hoped.​

Upon being summoned to the head mistress' office, Gwyn did not argue. The girl had still been brushing herself off and was about to clean up the books when approached by the dark Sith and told what to do. Still, Gwyn's pupilless eye were wide, and her pale skin paler, as she followed the knight through the halls. Her hands were behind her back, her fingers fiddling, as her chest pounded. What does the Head Mistress want from me? Is it the fight? I didn't start it, I dont even know why Meshak attacked me! I didn't ask to be force pushed like that! Why me! I should be studying in my dorm right now! I don't want to get electrocuted!

As they walked into the office areas, Gwyn and the knight both were silent. Gwyn's posture was hunched, body language tight and closed. Eventually, they stepped in front of a long, crafted door. Even from here, Gwyn sensed the dark energy of the Mistress.

The knight knocked on the door, "My lady, I have brought the acolyte."

Gwyn gulped, pushing the strands of dyed hair behind her ears. She straightened up, smoothing out her black clothes as her thoughts still raced. She fought back tears as she placed her sweaty hands to her side, awaiting her potential death. Even from the short time she was here she knew there was no messing with Mistress Seki.

Her voice called from behind the door, soft yet stern, to enter. The Sith Knight opened the door and entered, giving her a bow before resuming his place beside her. Gwyn mimicked the bow before bending her knee. She looked to the ground as to avoid the sight of any tears she somehow did not keep back. Still, her voice was strangely composed as she spoke.

"My lady. How may I be of service, Master?"

My lady.”, Seki seemed to huff as she crossed one leg over the other.​
She wore a vaguely revealing black dress, hanging loose on her shoulders. Her hair, black as it were, was rolled into a bun with long spikes through it to help hold the shape - but her eyes were constant and endearing; golden, red tinged like the embers of a fire, and an ever piercing gaze that threatened to break flesh where it met. All of this, contrasted by the ruby lips of a woman with aged beauty, and the ever so slight upturn of a smile.​
Nobody calls me that, and neither should you. I’m Overseer Seki or Darth Eros; nothing else, Child.”, she commanded, before using the Force to command her to stand, to look her in the eyes.​
You were in a fight with Meshak Bile. I watched - and you are supposed to continue it, in an hour. I’ve brought you here for a single purpose -”​
- I want you to beat him. What do you need to win, Gwyneira?”​

Gwyneira winced upon being reprimanded for the Overseer's preferred call. Yet, she was more surprised when she was told why she was here. She expected that the meager start of the fight, and her involvement, would be the reason for being called here. She looked up, amazement written on her features. For a long moment, the girl paused. Her thoughts started to spin as she knelt there. The Overseer's despite to see Meshak defeated in an hour was surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Gwyneira blinked slowly, looking down as she chose her words. "... Thank you, Overseer Seki." She paused again become continuing. "I have no idea how Bile fights. In order to properly prepare for this fight, I will need to know how he operates in combat, what his preferred form of fighting is. So I can plan ahead on how to react." Indeed, knowing what to expect would be crucial for this fight. Yet, even then she had her doubts. She trained in the basics of Shi-Cho every day, yet she felt that her skills in combat were less than grand.

She still avoided eye contact with the mistress as she looked down at her hand, wrapped in a black fingerless glove. "I do hope I do not upset you by saying this," Gwyneira continued carefully, "But I do understand my place in this Academy's hierarchy. I just came here, just started training." Her fear bubbled up once more as she spoke, "I barely know Shi-Cho. I know nothing of unarmed combat, or anything physical really.

Not neglecting where her strengths lay, however, she did speak of her gifts. "I have, however, already made two lightsabers. One of them is made from a crystal I mined from Ilum and bled myself." The memories of the frosty misadventure where the caves teased her with visions of her father played in her mind for a moment, then she came back. "I have studied academically, I already know the history of the Sith Empire, Sith as a whole, and the politics of this Empire. I also have studied much of the Force, and I meditate and practice a lot."

She ended in this note, "In other words, I will need to rely on the Force if I am to win this fight. How to best applicate what strengths and weaknesses I have against his is essential. I need a strategy, and a good one." She looked up to the daintily dressed, orderly Overseer for the first time. "I do admit I have fear, but I understand that according to the ways of the Sith, channeling these emotions can turn them into strength. I would be desperately in you debt if you helped me to overcome this juggernaut I just agreed to fight, Overseer Seki."

Seki watched her, cocked a brow, and waited - she spoke alot, but somehow Seki doubted she had a chance very often. She slowly lifted herself from the chair, maneuvered over to a small computer, and typed away with a single finger until a hologram of Bile appeared in the center of the room. It dropped into a standard Djem So form; would Gwyn recognize it.​
Bile fights with strength. Rudimentary Djem So.”, she offered as the hologram offered the sloppy, single heavy strike orientated fighting style he had taken.​
When angered, he loses sight of finesse - bought too much into the ‘emotion’ side of power, it seemed. Technique matters just as much, harnessing emotion matters more - but he manages neither.”​
Seki sighed that this somehow was the ‘greatest student’ at her academy. She’d rather he get taken by a lowly Sith Lord, and die in the mines of Ession fighting prison riots.​
Your strategy should be Dun Moch. Find his weakness verbally, harass him - keep your distance, and make him sloppy. Prove yourself in that regard, and you might have a chance at victory, Child.”​
Seki maneuvered her way back to her, crossing her legs once more.​
Do that, and you may yet have a Sith Lord take you under their wing.”​

Gwyneira felt hope flare through her chest as the Overseer spoke. Gwyneira recognized Form Five from her studies. She had looked over the basics of the first six Lightsaber Forms during her many hours of study. She nodded with a slow, thoughtful expression as Overseer Seki explained the art of Dun Moch. SHe had to admit, such a technique would work just as well on her. She knew that despite all her intellect, she lacked the ability to control her emotions to a certain degree. She hoped that Meshak would not try the same thing on her, but based on what she had just been told it seemed unlikely. She felt her confidence steadily rise, but tried not to let it rise too much. She would need to pour everything she had into defeating this opponent. Her eyes narrowed in determination as she looked up at Overseer Seki once again.

"Thank you, Overseer Seki. For everything." She struggled not to raise her voice in excitement based on the potential of a Sith Knight adopting her. Yet, her face still shone with the expression of someone who adored approval, as well as true thankfulness. She lowered her head again as her hair came out from behind her ears. "I have studied Form Five before, but I do believe I will need refreshed by my droid Misini. The more prepared I am, the better."

Once again, nervousness caused her stomach to feel light. Overseer Seki spoke in a manner that showed she was not impressed with Bile, but he was still one of the top students here. This was a daunting task, not only fighting him but beating him. Yet, whether it be through the Force or raw intuition, she felt that Overseer Seki needed Bile put in his place for some sort of greater good. Furthermore, this would solidify Gwyn's place in the academy herself. Could she not only survive, but thrive in this place? It all rested on a fight Gwyn knew she had slim chances of winning, but needed to win.

She lowered her head to Overseer Seki, "I never take tasks lightly, Overseer Seki. I promise, I will pour everything within me to defeat Bile."

She closed her eyes, calling the Force to her. She felt the presence of the Force, the Dark Side, give her more strength than ever. Wither the Overseer of the school actually rooting for her, Gwineira understood that so much was at stake. She needed to win this thing. "What would you have me do now?"

Prepare, dear child. Prepare.”, Seki offered with a dangerous raise of her eyebrows.​
If you hope to win, you’ll need much preparation - but most of all, you’ll need luck.”​
The larger man in the room walked towards Gwyn with a heavy footed gate, resting his large hand on her shoulder. His gaze was dark, blackened eyes stared down at her as cybernetics seemed to activate and deactivate with his meer breath -​
It is time to go, Child.”, the man offered in his unnaturally low tones, and his hand began to push her from the room.​
One more thing -”, Seki called after her, “- use a potion. Something to help you along, dear.”​
And with that, the door closed behind them, and the giant of a cybernetic sith would guide her back to her room.​

~~~
Within the safety of her room, Gwyneira was at work. Her training droid was switched on, explaining the fundamentals of Form Five.

"Form V evolved into an accepted style by combining the defensive maneuvers of Form III with the more aggressive philosophy and tactics of Form II. Form V required a higher level of physical strength than the other lightsaber forms, due to its focus on complete domination of its practitioners' opponents."

As the droid went on, Gwyneira listened closely as she suited up. She put on her acolyte armor with ease. After slipping into the thick tunic, she started strapping on her bracers as the droid continued.

"Utilizing a combination of blocks and parries, a Djem So user maintained a proper foundation of defense against both ranged and melee attacks. While a Soresu user stayed on the defensive and only counterattacked when necessary or when an opening appeared in the opponent's defense, a Djem So practitioner was not as passive. Immediately after defending against an opponent's strike, a Djem So stylist followed with an attack of their own, bringing the force of the opponent's own blow against them and seeking to dominate the duel. Djem So placed a heavy focus on brute strength and pure power, with wide, powerful strikes and parries followed immediately by a counterattack."

Gwyneira then switched to pulling on the blacl boots. She had to admit, she loved the aesthetics of this outfit! It fit nicely, and it felt rather comfortable. Still, it could only block one or two lightsaber hits. She had to make this count...

Unlike Soresu or Ataru, Djem So required the user not only to counterattack, but also to press the assault, combining Force-enhanced strength with powerful blade combinations to overpower and overwhelm an opponent's defenses. Djem So's sheer power, when combined with physical and Force-imbued strength, was capable of defeating a user of Makashi, a lightsaber form focused on dueling, finesse, and elegance, when employed by a skilled practitioner.

After all of this, she swung the wrapping across her shoulders, near ready for action. She then turned to the desk of her tiny dorm. She used the force to call both her lightsabers into her hands. One of them was made with a synthetic crystal, the other a bled one. With the Force, she could tell which was which. She placed the lightsabers at her hip as she turned to the droid one final time.

The Djem So attack stance consisted of holding the lightsaber above the head, angled back and down at an approximately forty-five degree angle. The characteristic Djem So attack was dubbed the "Falling Avalanche,"[9] an overhand power blow that crashed down upon an opponent with exceptional force. Djem So users also employed a tactic known as the "Fluid Riposte," which involved a smooth transition from parrying an attack to a counterstrike. Whereas a failing of Shien was its weakness against a single opponent, Djem So was known for having a lack of mobility.

She walked up to the droid and turned it off. Then, she approached the door. Pulling the black hood over her head, she let a final wave of nervousness cross her. Next to the door, she had a potion she had bought from a fellow acolyte. This student had been pleased to hear someone was standing up to Meshak Bile and gifted her with a potion which enhanced her Force connection for a limited time, made from Sith Alchemy. She picked up the bottle, reminding herself to learn this art someday. Then... she exited the room.

She was ready as she would ever be.

The Proving Grounds was quite the massive arena. The large, tall walls had a bed of sand wrinkled within them. The round arena was decorated with ancient Sith Art and symbolic architecture. The acolyte found it all fascinating, especially as she knew what each of these artistic pieces represented. Yet, she knew she was here for something far more sinister, deadly....

"She's here!"

The hooded acolyte, still holding the potion, turned to see the twi'lek who hounded Meshak Bile's steps approaching. Her tight, black robe squeaked as she approached the smaller acolyte. She crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow. "You're new, inexperienced. He'll wipe the floor with you."

Unexpectedly, she extended her hand and called the potion to herself Gwyn gasped, reaching out. Alas, the twi'lek dropped it. As it shattered on the floor, weak steam bubbled and died as the puddle of potion was ruined. The twi'lek smirked and turned away. Gwyn felt her anger grow. She needed that potion! Yet, she needed to practice restraint. This was only one of Meshak's followers. Meshak was the one she needed to fight. Thus, she redirected her anger as she turned to the arena's doors.

I can still do this without the potions. Just focus on what the Overseer said! I need to do this! Even if just to get that promiscuous twi'lek drone back!

The girl looked into the arena to see that Meshak Bile was already at the opposite side, in his own acolyte armor. Gwyn took a moment to reflect on how much better the armor looked on herself, then leapt into the arena. As she landed with a thud, sand puffed in a cloud as she stood up and took steps out of it. She glared down at the acolyte, ready to execute her plan.

Above the two opponents, many Sith of all ranks had come to enjoy the fight. Fights took place here regularly, but many never got tired of seeing angsty acolytes take out their frustrations on each other. Here, Gwyn realized, she was fighting for a sense of honor. The Overseerk wanted this student to face public defeat, to tear him down, and most likely because of his methods of winning. Even amongst A Sith Order dedicated to treachery, Meshak Bile was a step too far it seemed. Reflecting on the twi'lek from earlier, Gwyneira smirked.

"Did you really need that girlfriend of yours to destroy my serum? I thought you were top student!"" She spat on the ground, her hair covering fearful eyes. Yet, her voice was solid and she boomed. "How are you top student if you let your underlings do all the work? Come on! Don't tell me you feel threatened by a-" She entered a mocking tone as she mimiked a tear wipe, "Weakling newbie!"

She activated her bled lightsaber, entering a Shi-Cho opening stance. "Prove to me you're not a fraud!"

The audience roared as the fight begun.

Seki idled in her room, drinking the liquor she had poured earlier - it was never too early for day drinking after all; it was implied in the name. The hologram before her showed the fight outside - a high quality representation with little latency she made sure to spend an extra penny on; while her knight and protector sat on top of a local balcony and watched. She might have allowed the fight -​
But she wasn’t going to let any of the students die. The law would be on her faster than she could drink that sweet liquor - and she drank fast.​
Yet, she couldn’t help but cringe a little as the potion the girl developed was pulled away by another - a Twi’lek of some ill repute, that showed no true merit in the school besides being the epitome of underhanded slavery. It almost disgusted Seki how willing she was to serve under someone she couldn’t recognize as beneath her - but perhaps that was Seki’s own ingrained matriarchal tendencies.​
Yet, she couldn’t let her advice go to waste - so she chose something else. A small lift of her necrotic hand, and the Force passed from her with a careful ease; and Gwyn might notice something, a small boost to her speed, skill, and resistances. Whether she knew it or not, she was being gifted an ever so slight boost to her facilities from Seki’s own;​
Embodying the Sith Lord, if only slightly.​

Meshak Bile scowled as the girl taunted him, Gwyn could see if. Through the Force, she felt rage as he activated his lightsaber. The zabrak shouted as he dashed towards her. Gwyn observed his Form Five, raising the blade in something akin to a Wrath Guard in an overhead strike. Gwyn reacted accordingly, changing her stance to block such a powerful, obvious cut. Her nervousness was strangely comforted by feeling of fresh power flowing through her, as if from an outside force. Gwyn had no time to reflect, however, as the powerful zabrak crashed down upon her.

His speed completely put her off. Barely blocking all his strikes with the wipe sweeps of Form One, Gwyn took steps back as he pushed a relentless assault that felt more like Juyo than Djem Sho to her. Still, she had to recall the head mistress' words in her head. She could not afford to lose this!

As the sand was kicked up beneath their feet, Gwyn was inspired by the clouds. Extending her free hand, she force pushed her opponent a small ways back. The small distance was all she needed to call upon the Force, pushing waves of sand out and towards the acolyte. The stream of sand flew into the yellow skinned alien's face, causing him to close his eyes and gasp. "Ugh! I hate sand!"

Temporarily releasing the onslaught of sand, she deactivated her blade and dashed into the cloud. He will see my red blade if I keep it on. To catch him off guard, I should wait until I'm right up to him.

Then...
Her lips curved into an excited scowl as he extended her hilt through the cloud, Strike!

The blade was activated, just implanting itself into Bile's upper leg in a stab. The zabrak cried out as she pulled the crimson blade out. Unfortunately, he could not dart back into the cloud fast enough, as she felt herself elevated into the air through ripples of power. A Force Push...

She could only make sure she could land in a position that could cushion her fall. As she coughed from the landing, Bile stood back. He was still recovering, irritated eyes red with tears as he grasped his knee.

Confidence flooded the girl as she smirked. This will be easier than I thought! Standing up, she continued to taunt him. "Is that the best the top student has to offer?! No wonder you get underlings to work for you, you're weak!"

The zabrak then turned to her with a face of ferocious anger. Bile scowled as he activated both ends of his double bladed lightsaber. "Oh! This is just the start, half breed!"

He charged forth, extending his hand and causing the girl to fly further back. The wind was knocked out of her as Gwyn flew right into the concrete wall. Dazed, she fell to the ground as Bile charged right up to her. The girl could barely pull herself aside as the crimson blade pierced the solid wall, cutting a neat hole into it. Gwyn's eyes widened as she activated her synthetic lightsaber, the bled one somewhere in the sands beyond. She blocked another blow as they locked eyes with each other. They both knew now one important thing: not to underestimate each other.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Seki let her leg bounce as she hummed to the rythm of the battle - finding it almost right away. Just as she expected, as she hoped, Bile moved with anger and strength alone - but the intelligence of Craft was well… Crafty, she mused. A cruel smile dawned on her lips as a nail slid along them.​
Just don’t kill him.”, he offered, to noone but herself.​
I’d hate to clean up a mess.”​

The lightsabers sparked, red lighting Gwyn's face in a red aura. As Bile glared down with that yellow tint in his eyes, another idea formed in Gwyn's head. She locked her eyes with his, snarling.

"Why must you put others down to feel so high and mighty, Bile?" She mocked, "Is it because deep down, you know you're weak?"

He pulled away from her, eyes glowing as bright as his dim lightsaber as he raised it up, screaming. "The Sith rely on strength! And true strength is in power!"

He slammed his blade down, causing Gwyn to have to hold her lightsaber with both hands as he stared so deep into her eyes. This was her chance. With a grunt of exertion, the girl lifted her boot and slammed it into his wound. He gasped as he grip weakened, allowing her a moment of escape. Deactivating her weapon, s used the Force to push him back, his guard down, and stood up again. His words danced in her head as she scrapped some of the sand off of her clothes. As her opponent stood up, carrying a visible limp from his cut leg, she pulled her acolyte hood up.

"Wrong." She shook her head, holding her lightsaber hilt next to her. "True strength is found within. You leech the strength from others like a parasite, while I pull mine from my own being."

She activated her lightsaber again, the red blade glowing as she watched the rival dash towards her again in a limp. Still, he pushed on as he aimed a massive swing at her. It was wide, heavy, and predictable as she meagerly stood aside. His blade swept through empty air as he skidded to a halt within the sand. Gwyneira held her lightsaber in a defensive stance as she continued. "Come on, now. If you're so big and str-"

"-Shut up!" He aimed another sloppy blow, barely adhering to Form Five's teachings. Gwyn had to force her sweating body to appear calm as she stepped aside again, her lightsaber remaining in front of her.

Her eyes widened, realizing just how close victory was. "Come on!"

He dashed forth again, and she side stepped again.

The game continued on. Their feet scuffled as she made herself appear so untouchable to him. She attacked with words, and it weakened him. Her own eyes churned yellow as her wrath fueled her.

You disgust me, Bile! You are just like him! My father! He drained others for his own gain, hated his own child! He was so brilliant, but so prideful and insecure he...

A single tear fell from her eye as she dodged yet again, both opponents panting in exhaustion.

... He only served himself. And it cost him everything. So why...

Their feet cause skid marks in the sand.

Why...

She dodged yet another blow again.

Why...

She stopped, sweat dripping down her face, drenched in her hair. Her opponent's back was turned, but her turned around with a wild, feral gleam in his eyes.

... Why does he still control me now?

"Enough!"

Meshak Bile deactivated his lightsaber. He tossed it aside, causing Gwyn to slightly lower her's in confusion. Bile pointed his finger, "I will crush you, acolyte! I will show you strength!"

"Empty words." Gwyn huffed.

"No," Bile scowled, "I will prove it!"

All of his fingers were loosened, and the confusion was replaced with dread. She felt the Force gather around her in attack as he squeezed his hand shut.

Oxygen was choked from her lungs as her throat grew tighter than any cold could inflict. She felt herself go limp as her feet extended from the ground. This was a Force Choke. She was trapped,

Funny, her thoughts rolled, You are trying to drain me just like him...

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom