Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract With The Sith Ascendancy

Macharius Solaire

M
Tucked far away in a far corner of the Galaxy was Bastion. The seat of yet another government vying for power from this fortress world. Maybe it would be different, maybe not. Macharius didn't care so long as they were going to be a good customer while they were around. He'd be a good supplier in turn. The aging man was already on-world. His entourage were lead by a delegate of [member="Darth Carnifex"] from the spaceport to a very boring looking bureaucratic building. The inside was no different, very office like. It was a paper pushers hell. Farms of cubicles squeezed in between cushier personal offices. It would work well for this deal. Having a Sith Lord telling you in his opulent palace how it was going to be was overrated and distracting. This was a perfect place for business. They could focus on the deal and nothing else. Hammer things out roughly and let the lawyers deal with the fine print.

Macharius shuffled into a board room with his business team. Some designers and engineers, along with a few lawyers. They were just to write things down and speak if asked on something. It was mostly just going to be two of them going back and forth on the matter.

Carnifex took an imposing amount of space for one man. Macharius squared him up and down with his eyes. He certainly lived up to his reputation so far as he could tell. Not that he ever wanted to get the full show on just why he was one of the most feared persons in the Galaxy. No reason to fear though. Macharius approached Carnifex and put out his hand. "How do you do Darth Carnifex. I've been looking forward to this day since I was first contacted by your people."

33xxu64.jpg

Ravelin, Capital City of the Sith Ascendancy
Bastion

The hustle and bustle of Ravelin was excruciatingly loud.

Ever since the Sith Ascendancy had come to claim Bastion as their own, the planet's infrastructure had been improved tenfold with new advantageous building projects and the restoration of old buildings that had been allowed to fall into degradation by the Force Hunters. The airways of Ravelin were choked with the traffic of prosperity, but the entire Braxant Run was benefiting from the Sith's return to the area as commerce began to flow freely throughout their newly acquired worlds.

And as the prosperity of the Sith Ascendancy became more well-known, there were new trade ventures to be discussed and deals to be brokered. One such deal was taking place within one of the auxiliary office buildings adjacent to the Ascendant Circle Hall, a giant monolith of white marble and reinforced durasteel that served as the meeting grounds for the Ascendancy's ruling party of Sith Lords and Ladies, and also as a symbol of their united might. This particular meeting was extraordinarily special as it was not some dusty bureaucrat or money-grubbing banker that was acting on behalf of the Sith Ascendancy, but rather it was their very own Warmaster, Supreme Commander of the Ascendancy Military, who stood in attendance as the delegation from Denon shuffled into the boardroom.

The man, this [member="Macharius Solaire"], approached the Scourge of a Hundred Worlds without hesitation or fear in his eyes. An admirable gesture, one that the Warmaster appreciated in situations like these. Fear might've served him better if he was dealing with people who needed to be cowed, but those before him need not be intimidated into cooperation; only convinced that their investments in the Ascendancy were worthwhile. "I am well, Minister Solaire. I hope your journey was pleasant, I know how dangerous the Hydian Way can be in turbulent times such as these. Now come, sit, and let us speak on matters of war."

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius took his seat next to the head of the table. Which of course was reserved for the Lord himself. "Very good then. When I was in contact with another member of the Ascendancy; he said you were in need of heavy weaponry and a precision sniper rifle. He did not say what kind of heavy weapons, a light blaster cannon support weapon or something heavier. Nor anything than said on the sniper rifle. The Warmaster as he said to me would know the needs of the military better. What do you specifically need then [member="Darth Carnifex"]? Denon Stahl Arms will be happy to fulfill whatever military armaments needed."

The Warmaster took his seat, the chair groaning under his muscular bulk. Such was the discomfort when inhabiting spaces created for lesser men. He didn't let such discomfort show, however, and clasped his hands together as he rested both elbows on the conference table and began his reply. "To be blunt with you, Minister, the Ascendancy requires as many munitions as you can provide. We have more soldiers than we do weapons, and while all are eager to fight we can't continue to arm them with simple weapons. Order cannot be restored to the galaxy with mere swords and cobbled together pistols, we require things of greater substance."

With the beckoning gesture of his right hand a nearby door opened allowing several modestly dressed servants to enter with trays of refreshments and other mortal luxuries, which would be readily offered to all of the guests present. "We will need heavy rifles, missile launchers, explosive ordnance, everything an army needs to competently conduct the business of war. I do hope that Denon Stahl Arms is well-equipped to meet our requests."

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
It was bold what the Warmaster was requesting. He wasn't just looking for DSA to make a few weapons for the Ascendancy. He wanted them to outfit their army with everything they could. If of course the old man's understanding was correct. Solaire had his reservations of course. DSA wasn't one of the premier arms corporations of the Galaxy. Compared to them they were small time. They had a good manufacturing base on the homeworld but it wouldn't be enough. Which was what brought his thoughts to the larger issue. Capitol for expansion. The company was strung out on it's massive project to repair and bring online the massive shipyard at Mechis III. He'd pulled a lot of favors to get that going. So it left two options then. To either ask the man before him to loan them credits to expand that needed manufacturing space. Or go to the Galactic Banking Clan on Muunilist and ask them. If he had this contract in hand he was sure it would be no issue. The Sith might also not have the credits to give out to invest at the time either. Or he could get angry that they'd even need it. It wasn't a good idea to look weak in front of a Sith unless you were there to grovel. Quite a conflict. Solaire had already decided on his course of action though. He had one question to ask though before laying it out for the Warmaster.

"If I may ask. What you're saying is that if my company makes it, and the military needs it, the Ascendancy will buy it. Am I correct on what you have just told me [member="Darth Carnifex"]?"

"That is correct, Minister Solaire."

The Warmaster pressed an icon on the conference table's smooth electronic interface, and a small compartment opened up at the center of the table to reveal a small holoprojector. It then proceeded to illuminate the room with a holographic image of logistical manuscripts, the words written in the Aurebesh text alongside large sums of Imperial credits. "Quell your fears and doubts, Minister, the Ascendancy is prepared to pay an exorbitant sum for your business. We've already allocated unused plots on Bastion and other choice worlds for future manufacturing, but all you need to do is afford us your undivided attention. I would be quite displeased if it came to my attention that you were manufacturing weapons for those who might raise arms against us."

He flashed a smile, a dark and sinister smile; a murderer's smile. There was no warmth in the creases of his battle-scarred face, only the whisper of a threat veiled behind cruel hospitality.

Macharius Solaire

M
Solaire studied the holoprojection. He'd no doubt the Sith wouldn't be able to afford arming themselves. They'd probably plundered their worlds and their old Empires to amass this wealth. Another gamble to build anew. A golden opportunity for an arms dealer to make his own too. Solaire turned in his chair to meet eyes with Carnifex and his charming smile. "I've always held the position of neutral dealings Warmaster. I doubt we'd have the problem of small fish running to Denon when there'd be closer options for them. But... the farther the Ascendancy conquers Coreward and to the South. The more likely you may encounter others using our technology. If I solely supplied your army; I'd be ignoring the geopolitical landscape my world and means of production lay in. To my point, impartiality will be key to continue to be able to supply you in the future as other nations grow in power. I can stay out of the local sectors around you. The Dominion too. I don't even have business with them anyways. I will firmly stand where I am though" Solaire took his attention off the Sith Lord to nothing in particular. He treadled a thread over an endless void and he knew it. It was time he iced the cake though. "If you can be in agreeance with my view. I will make your weapons. In ever increasing numbers to meet the demand of the Ascendancy should it so need or want. I will only need time and credits to do so." His eyes locked onto the Siths once more. He was a stone pillar resisting the sea upon resolve and conviction. Not to be moved by it. The Warmaster could either live with it being so or not get the armaments so desperately needed. "Can we agree to respect our positions and make a deal Darth Carnifex. One that meets both our interests?" Macharius Solaire had dictated his terms as had the Sith. It was on Carnifex whether or not the deal was to progress now.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

The Sith Lord rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "Very well, Minister."

He tapped a button and the hologram was dispelled, gloom once again returning to the conference room. "Your terms are acceptable, the Ascendancy will supply you with funding and in turn you will supply us with weapons of war." Carnifex mimicked a grimace and added ruefully, "It is a shame that we couldn't obtain your fully attention, Minister, but it would be poor business sense on your part to put all of your eggs into one basket. You can understand the concern, however; it would be quite counterproductive to fight enemies who wield the same weapons as us and know their ins and outs. But, like you said, none of our surrounding foes possess Denon Stahl Arms technology, so it shouldn't be that much of a worry for my people."

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius relaxed a little that the Darth could agree to the terms. Now was the time to seal the deal but he wanted the Warmaster to be comfortable in DSA's ability and leadership to deliver on promises. "I'm glad we've come to an agreement Warmaster. Perhaps in the future we will both be in a better position to work closer together. Until that day, I will make sure we continue to hold our interests in the northern Outer Rim to a mutual benefit. I also feel I should also clarify on the technology aspect. DSA will make products tailored for the Ascendancy. Unless we make an open market product you'd wish to have. No one else would be using what we make for you specifically. The guts of a blaster tend to follow only a few patterns of design though. Parts sourced for them like an energy converter valve for instance may be the same across many products if they meet the need. Sourcing multiple parts not critical in the weapon from one for yours and another keeps logistics easier, the price down and interchangeable parts between different systems can be swapped if it needs to be. I could certainly see the issue for more advanced systems like guided missiles, really anything the enemy could tamper with remotely being an issue if both sides were using them against each other. We'll just have to do what is needed in designing similarly operating weapons systems to be different and keep information between who has what secret. As we would anyways with a government contract. If that allays your worries, or lessens them anyways. You won't find many manufacturers who can do everything in-house across multiple product types and be exclusive to one country. We'll do everything in our abilities to make the weapons you want. If you have any concerns on the subject now though Warmaster. Best we talk while on the matter. Or if not, agree to sign this contract and let our respective administrators ready the document so it may be so?"

He raised a hand to stall the Director's words, "None of that will be necessary, Director Solaire. So long as you are compliant and your people orderly and efficient you will not find many qualms from me."

Truthfully the minute details were inconsequential to the Sith Lord, so long as Denon Stahl Arms performed the duties asked of them then nothing else truly mattered. Carnifex knew quite a few things about keeping the Imperial war machine oiled and running at peak efficiency, he'd coordinate many battles on behalf of the One Sith during the Imperial-Republic War. Now he fought for a different government, Imperial all the same, but still different.

"And if our business is concluded, then let us sign." The document in question was brought out before them, and instead of using a pen the Sith Lord relied on his magics to seamlessly burn his name into the parchment without setting the whole thing ablaze.

Macharius Solaire

M
Solaire was cut off from finishing. The Warmaster was appeased and wanted to move on to closing. That was fine with Solaire but he was a bit shocked when the Sith had a contract brought out. Also to the Sith burning his name to the paper. Force users were nothing new to him. Just seemed whenever he met them he learned or witnessed something new. To add to his worry though, t was typical core business to fight back and forth over days, even weeks to hammer out the details. It wouldn't give DSA any room to negotiate, but perhaps it would not be necessary is the Sith was going to be as generous as he sounded. "Very well Warmaster. Just allow me a minute to read over your document."

It was a short piece. Three pages long, really two and a half. The wording had nothing amiss. No selling their souls to the Devil. The terms were indeed generous but mostly left open to discussion on prices in the future. There was nothing he could disagree on or really add in that wouldn't just come up latter to be dealt with anyways. "Nothing I see here to disagree with. We have a deal Darth Carnifex." Macharius reached inside his lapel and drew a pen. With a few strokes his name was inked to the contract. It was official. Denon Stahl Arms and The Sith Ascendancy now had an arms deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom