Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract Negotiations

Vi'kas sat down in the fancy Coruscant suite he had rented for the night. He pulled out his his holo device, and began a conversation with a Rattataki businessman. He smiled, as he knew that the Rattataki were fighters, not negotiators. Right now, he was trying to get his hands on a massive durasteel shipment for free. This man owed Vi'kas more than one favor, favors he was now trying to use. He was just about to threaten the businessman with a bounty, when he heard someone walk into the room.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]​

"Have I interrupted something?" Taeli, known as Darth Arcanix among the Sith, asked. She had come seeking the young acolyte she had taught the Mask technique to because she had heard he had a way of getting certain things, and she needed that sort of help in preparation for Project Pride. She already had the help of Emeritus Industries, but she needed more to really get the full project going.

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

He shut off the holocommunicator in a flash. The man had defied him one too many times, this time he had gone too far. He would deal the man later, and hopefully his predecessor would be more willing to obey. Now was the time for negotiating. Though killing and stealing offered a large payoff on occasion, and were certainly more exciting, negotiations could be just as rewarding. "Of course not, Darth Arcanix. I always have time for a fellow Sith. Please, take a seat. Could I get you anything to drink? The Rhuvian Fizz this hotel has to offer is top-of-the notch stuff."

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

"Some Bastion Black Tea, if you don't mind," she said with a smile, sitting down across from the young acolyte. "Negotiations going sour, I know how that feels. Couple of Mandalorians tried to back-stab me on a deal before, it didn't end well."

She was curious about what exactly Vi'kas could offer her, and judging from the meeting she had walked in on, he could find ways to get her materials to fit the schematics she was working on getting ready for fabrication.

"So, mind I ask why you are holed up in this hotel suite?"

He poured her a glass of the drink she requested, and sat back down. Smiling, he said, "Oh, those were not negotiations. More of getting some free supply, as a favor. The poor man refused to return the kindness I once showed him. He will never make the same mistake again, nor will he have the chance to. As for the accommodations, it was either this or a noisy workroom. My office is being renovated, and I like to meet with others in a nice place. And yes, the area is secure. I have a few bodyguards disguised as civilians planted in the surrounding area."

A notification came through from his company line, telling him a design had just been certified, and he quickly shut it off. "So," he said, "I read the basic details you sent me, but have a few questions, If that's alright. I mainly want to know three things. How long the project is projected to take, what you wish from my company, and the compensation. Actually, scratch the third question, with extra emphasis on the second. What do you want from me? Prototype tech? Simply help with construction? Or is it something else entirely?"

He realized that he forgot to pour himself a drink, and got up to quickly pour himself a glass of the Rhuvian Fizz.

Vi'kas Mirtis

"The project is projected to take anywhere from three to four months to develop the first ship of the class, but once that is done it wouldn't take long to produce multiples at the same time," she answered with a smile. "As for what I'm seeking, and you'd be very well compensated and have the chance to forge a lasting relationship with Krayt Industries if you wish, is assistance in the construction of the first ship while also having some aid in gaining some materials."

"What can I offer you that you would want for such a level of assistance?" she asked, folding her legs and sitting back in her chair, an arm perched on the arm of the chair.

Vi'kas took a minute to think about what she had said. Before the meeting, he had taken a decent amount of time to research Krayt industries and its endeavors. Then, he spoke, "Here is what I offer. I will help construct your ship, and help gather materials for it. The conversation you heard coming in? That was a conflict over about 200 tons of Duraplast. Not sure if it will fulfill your needs, but certainly contribute. In return, I ask for about 12,000 credits, three pounds of cortosis, and a pound of neuranium. I feel this is reasonable, but feel free to counter negotiate."

"The small problem with that request is the rarity of those minerals and the difficulty in getting an operation together to acquire those . . . given the current crisis," she replied with a smile. "My counteroffer is . . . 400,000 credits, to be sent to the account of your choice, along with a contract where your company would be free to approach us with new ideas and we will pay you a premium for exclusive use of blueprints you develop."

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

Vi'kas frowned, leaning back in his chair. The loss of Cortosis he didn't really care about, however, he could really use the other metal. He reclined in his chair for a few more minutes, sipping his Rhuvian Fizz. He pulled out a datapad, looking at the current market price of the item he desired. Then, he resumed his normal position and began to speak, "Very well, I accept your offer, under the terms that Mystic Tekk can still propose ideas for the destroyer. However, I must know if it it may be remotely possible for any Neuranium to be included in the deal? Otherwise, it is fine. The material has just been... eluding my grasp as of late."

Tapping her fingers on the arm of the chair, she gave it some thought. Neuranium was hard to come by in the best of circumstances, but she supposed . . . maybe.

"If I have an opportunity to acquire some neuranium, I shall have it sent your way," she said finally. "As I'm sure you know, neuranium is incredibly dense and requires specialized equipment to move and mine, but if it comes about you have my word and agreement to provide you with what I acquire."

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

He bowed his head in her direction. "Your generosity is humbling, Lady Arcanix. My services shall be directed to your project. Produce a contract, and I shall sign it. In the meantime, I will begin to work on some prototype designs for your destroyer. I do not not normally work with ships, but I have a few ideas to go off of. In the meantime, when will the compensation be provided? All at the end? Or maybe in increments throughout the project?"

@Vi'kas Mirtis

"Up front, with the potential for more depending on certain benchmarks," Taeli replied, smiling a little. "So here's the contract I propose for you."

Sliding over a datapad, she allowed him to read what it would say:

In exchange for providing expertise, materials, and design help with Project Pride, Krayt Industries will pay Mystic Tekk the total of 400,000 credits to assist. Furthermore, if design benchmarks and speed of construction are exceeded beyond expectations, Krayt Industries will pay Mystic Tekk an additional 300,000 credits.

A proviso exists that if Krayt Industries ever obtains the material neuranium, a shipment of the material will be diverted to Mystic Tekk, free of charge for services rendered.

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

The young Sith examined the datapad in hand, looking over the deal. He shrugged, it was good enough for him. With a flourish of his hand, he signed his name on the pad. He slid the object back across the table and stood up from his seat. "Very well, Lady Arcanix. The deal is done. Once you begin the project, please contact me via holo. In the meantime, I will acquire a few materials of importance. Is there anything else before you go? Or perhaps another drink?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom