Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contingencies

rPTkr9D.jpg

Old Izrul, Kiribi

The Republic government's relocation to the far
eastern quadrants concerned Suravi. She interpreted the establishment of the new capital in Yutan, and the expansion into the east as the Republic running from being enveloped by the surrounding Sith and Mandalorians instead of holding their ground. Such measures were leaving her increasingly exasperated with a central government she viewed as feeble. Right as the Sith were beginning to show signs of aggression once more.

With her waning confidence in the Republic, she had begun reaching out to leaders of nearby systems to begin developing contingency plans for the very real possibility of being cut off from the east.

The first person she contacted was [member="Caius Flavian"], the newly appointed senator of Carida. Since their first meeting a while ago, the veteran officer had proven himself to be a welcome addition to the Senate. Now they both worked closely together on the armed services committee.

She waited for Caius at the coastal space port, with only [member="Arisa Yune"] accompanying as her bodyguard. Unlike the first time they met, there was no need for any kind of serious guard detail present. Their meeting was meant to be a low-key affair held at her own residence, a lofty penthouse overlooking the coastline.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Kiribi System
Old Izrul, Kiribi
Coastal Space Port

My tenure so far as Senator of Carida had thus far gone well.
Recent executive decisions have worried me though.
It was because of that I was meeting today with a fellow colleague and growing friendship between the Senator of Kiribi Lady [member="Suravi Teigra"].
I hoped to ascertain certain contingencies in light of recent aggression by the One Sith and the Mandalorians.
Arguably the issue here was both on military affairs and that of discussing potential back up plans.
So far Kiribi enjoyed a certain degree of self sustainment, which in my observation has made them a very independent culture.
My interactions thus far have been cordial.
My corvette landed and I disembarked.
My security detail was light and now consisted of a traditional Senate Guard along with my own personal guard.
I left everyone except Sergeant Barro who accompanied me on our way to meet Senator Teigra.

"Senator Teigra, how are you?"

"Oh Caius, it's just Suravi here. We can save the formalities for the Senate chamber."

She reached out to cup one of Caius's hands in
hers in a warm greeting while giving a polite nod over Caius' shoulder to his bodyguard who followed. She was even less formal in her greeting than the first time they had met all those months ago in Valencia, when she had shaken hands with the then Commodore, beaming in the face of a heavily armed storm trooper squad.

"We'll be taking this gathering to my home. I've had an early dinner prepared for us in advance."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
"Suravi, forgive me, I appreciate the informality" I said returning the smile with my own and taking her hand.
I very much was looking forward to this. Despite our very professional lives Lady Teigra here certainly was far more equipped and aptly able to break my rigid nature then most.
It was honestly refreshing to have a much more relaxed conversation.
Carida, despite having a very balanced blend of climates and biome changes, happened to be a very rigid society in comparison to Kiribi whose culture was that of a people much more involved in their daily governance.
I took in the ravishing young lady once more in her, relaxed, attire.

"A meal sounds fantastic my dear, lead me away!" I said acknowledging her body guard, [member="Arisa Yune"], as well with a discernible nod all while beckoning for [member="Suravi Teigra"] to lead me away.
"How is Kiribi doing?" I asked to initiate some small talk to occupy us along the way. Sergeant Barro returned the silent hello from Teigra with a nod and then followed with Yune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom