Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Contagious Assault

As requested, I would like to have some further clarity shed on the mandate for Contagious Assault; specifically:
  1. Does an invasion need to incorporate both planets into the thread; or
  2. Can an invasion (using Contagious Assault) still net a second planet (specified in the invasion title) even if the invasion thread only takes place on one planet for consolidation purposes?
I think I worded that correctly, if that isn't clear I can rephrase.

Edit: And if both factions agree to only work on one planet, while still operating under the premise of the mandate's result of 2 worlds to the victor, would this effect the results if the rules are too ambiguous to say one way or the other.

Hailyn Hailyn

The rules are not explicit on whether to not it is included, so it is a fair question to ask. This is my conclusion.

From invasions:
" At any point, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied hex. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the hex against another Major Faction's members. "

An invasion is about fighting for control of the hex against another major faction. Contagious Assault reads thus:
" Strengths: When this faction invades, it can choose an additional neighbouring hex that will be included in the invasion."

Therefore and logically, having an invasion including 2 hexes means both should be fought over and included in the thread. You are getting double the reward, so you have to attempt to grab both.

So yes, a Contagious Assault Invasion either way must feature both hexes.

However

If both sides agree before the invasion starts to set the story on one hex and inform the judges about it before it starts, then you may choose one of the two to fight over. We're all about flexibility to doing things collaboratively.
For example; if you feel there's a better story to have on Kamino than the blank hex next to it you can agree with your opponent to just have the Battle in the Kamino hex.

However, this cannot be changed partway through. If you decide to do this before the invasion starts you are stuck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom