Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Consortium Lab Aurek

Status
Not open for further replies.

8341276d13deb33b21e293a458e54bca.jpg

Name: Consortium Lab Aurek

Image Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/83/41/27/8341276d13deb33b21e293a458e54bca.jpg

Development Thread(s): http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60979-a-game-of-thrawns-os-dominion-of-csilla/page-1 http://starwarsrp.net/topic/85696-touring-the-facility/#entry1259513

Classification: Science Facility

Affiliation: Paladin Supply Co., The Paladin Consortium

Description: In general, it's what you'd expect a high-end science facility to look like. It's a giant structure far out in the reaches of Csilla, hundreds of miles away from the nearest spaceport. It has its own private landing bay, ensuring only those who are supposed to be there are allowed in.

The landing bay is a large funnel-shaped structure that goes about 200 meters into the sky. Ships slowly lower down the funnel which opens up to a large ship hanger underneath the ground. A small metro-like transportation unit then takes those who got off the ships into the main science facility, stopping several times along the way for thorough security checks.

The main facility has entrance doors, only the metro and a few fire exits that cannot be opened from the outside. As a matter of fact, only a small percentage of the facility is aboveground. The sleek chrome building only represents a fraction of the labs. Most of the facility is belowground, going an estimated mile beneath the surface.

Throughout the structure is hundreds of labs, storage units, and other such things. There are biotech, physics, chemistry, and many more departments located throughout the facility. The place is so large that workers get around by stepping onto hundreds of hoverpads that can be directed to take the user throughout the building. Special key cards can be inserted to access restricted areas and secret labs that are otherwise impossible to reach.

As the facility goes underground, it appears as a giant tube reaching into the depths of the planet. Throughout the circular structure, many tunnels branch off to access other areas. Nobody quite knows where all of them go. A massive fountain jets up through part of the center of the tube which can change color at the facility operator's discretion.

History: Killian originally constructed the science facility as a small biotechnics structure on Csilla during a One Sith dominion. It was designated to his company, Kalor-Tech Industries. He has long since given the company to Lord Ajihad/Janus, the owner of the Paladin Consortium. Janus immediately began renovating the structure, having giant drills and slaves excavate the area for expansion. After billions of credits were invested into it, the facility was eventually remodeled and rededicated to his specifications.

Intent: To create a prime facility for the Paladin Supply Co.

Janus said:
Development Thread(s): http://starwarsrp.ne...f-csilla/page-1

Given the size and characteristics of this, I will need to verify the development that specifically pertains to this submission. While the dominion thread is fine for use, I will need you to list out the posts that deal directly with this submission. Thanks.

[member="Reverance"]

Will do.

However, please note this:

Janus said:
History: Killian originally constructed the science facility as a small biotechnics structure on Csilla during a One Sith dominion. It was designated to his company, Kalor-Tech Industries. He has long since given the company to Lord Ajihad/Janus, the owner of the Paladin Consortium. Janus immediately began renovating the structure, having giant drills and slaves excavate the area for expansion. After billions of credits were invested into it, the facility was eventually remodeled and rededicated to his specifications.
The development posts were vague. I therefore listed in the quote above that Killian did his thing, and I expanded off of that. It's sort of difficult to tell in the dev thread which parts of the facility were there from the start, and which ones were added after remodeling.

[member="Reverance"]

Dev post numbers are as follows: #60, #71, #89

Not a lot, I know. Just figured some dev was better than none, especially since I never saw dev threads as a required part of the structure template.

Hope this helps!

Janus said:
It's a giant structure far out in the reaches of Csilla, hundreds of miles away from the nearest spaceport.

Janus said:
It has its own private landing bay, ensuring only those who are supposed to be there are allowed in.

Janus said:
The sleek chrome building only represents a fraction of the labs. Most of the facility is belowground, going an estimated mile beneath the surface.

Janus said:
Throughout the structure is hundreds of labs, storage units, and other such things. There are biotech, physics, chemistry, and many more departments located throughout the facility. The place is so large that workers get around by stepping onto hundreds of hoverpads that can be directed to take the user throughout the building. Special key cards can be inserted to access restricted areas and secret labs that are otherwise impossible to reach.

Janus said:
Nobody quite knows where all of them go

Janus said:
After billions of credits were invested into it, the facility was eventually remodeled and rededicated to his specifications

There are no hard and fast rules for development, but there is always the chance that something might require development within the codex - no matter what portion or template it follows. Thus, just so that we're clear, I've highlighted the specifics of this submission that incline me to request the minimum 10 post standard development. It seems a lot of resources went into this and the fact that this structure spans over 1 mile into the crust of a planet only further emphasizes the point.

For reference for development: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/75918-codex-dev-thread-guide/

[member="Reverance"]

Dev thread just finished up per your post requirements, though Cas is going to add one more post to finish us off.

Link added to the submission under Dev Thread(s)

[member="Janus"]

Actually, that's a bug that deals with editing the original post. If you go into the full editor, it some times kicks out the tag.

Now for the development, you have satisfied my request but I'd like to take this moment to just discuss some expectations of this location. No area is entirely private, not when on the map. Along with that, there is no area that is impossible to reach. I point this out because your submission states this but, at the end of the day, if someone writes their way fairly into it, then that is all she wrote. Now, for the portions of the submission that state something akin to "no one really knows how many there are," I'm going to let it slide as this is not a military base. Though use your best judgement for this and remember that you can always request a modification to this submission should you ever decide that there is a definite bottom to this rabbit hole.

Otherwise, I really like the visual idea of this place. It sort of reminds me of the facility in the resident evil movie series.

hQ1JgGI.jpg

Approved pending secondary

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom