Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consequences

Faith was currently staying in a refugee camp in the desert of Alderaan. She had sent a message to [member="Darben Skirae"] he was someone who sat within [member="Lady Kay"] cabinet and she would have words with him.

Surely most of the core had heard of the Sith attack on Alderaan many of their allies had come to their aide but there was an issue to be dealt with, something that weighed heavily upon her mind.

She invited [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] of the High Council to stand with her while she spoke with Darben. The words she had to say were not going to be easy but the Council was pushing her to say something to take an action.

A traitor had been discovered.

She hated this...but there was nothing to be done but this.

Darben Skirae had received quite an interesting message from what he considered a helpful acquaintance, perhaps even a friend for her help. [member="Faith Organa"] had messaged him. For her help he obliged to meet with her, and made his way. He didn't bring Renla along, leaving her on Commenor for now. Soon he arrived to Alderaan, at the desired location that Faith wished to meet and he found it odd it was not a palace, or some place of high standing. Much rather, a camp. And a busy one at that. Once he set foot on the ground, he already had a bad feeling as he recognized the type of camp it was. A refugee camp. Why would she wish to meet in a refugee camp? He had faintly heard of the attack on Alderaan but he had not thought it was like this as he lacked experience in war and such things.

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

[member="Darben Skirae"]

"Hello Darben, I'm glad to see you. I hope everything is well." Perhaps he would see the sadness in her eyes or ask why they were here. She moved towards him hand extended in welcome. Faith crossed the hot sand wearing a large hat to shield her eyes. She wore black pants, flat shoes, and a simple blue tunic. They were working clothes. Everyone here was working.

For a moment she smiled, "Darben I'd like you to meet Duke Devoe he is a member of the High Council. The High Council is a body of nobles which provide advice and can request actions of the royal family." She hoped she had said it right, they were her advisors. She would try to be gentle on what she wanted to discuss. But she wanted to ensure everyone knew each other and the positions held.

"Duke Devoe, Trade Minister Skirae of the CSA" She turned, "It is still Minister is that right?"

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"Strange...I've not felt it." he spoke out of range shot of prying ears on his com.

"Are you certain she forgave you?" The Duke had to ask. Of course if his son claimed she had forgiven him, then it were certainly true. Still....
"So where is she?" It was unlike his daughter Marina to just dissapear like that. She certainly was still in the system..her ship was still parked on the landing pad on Mt Cetril.
His son didn't know her whereabouts. But he was certain his sister had dropped the issue that had upset her.

"We will talk when I return." The Duke closed off his comm, as the delegate from Commenor along with his queen were making their way over to the main part of the camp. There had been much destruction done by the sith, especially with senseless shelling. It did nothing to advance the sith's position but level many residential homes. Then again, that had been their plan all along.

The clean up of rubble would take some time and rebuilding that much more. many homeless Alderaani had been taken in by more fortunate families. Even his own house on Mt Cetril was hosting many displaced families. But so many more were still without proper homes. Mostly the proud and those who were putting much effort in helping with the clean up. many of these worker's families refused to live apart. As thus, the camps.

The Duke put away the comm and met his queen and the delegate half way.
"Your Grace..." He first bowed his respect to the royal matriarch, Queen [member="Faith Organa"] .

"...Minister [member="Darben Skirae"]...glad you could meet us here." The Duke then said, extending his hand, giving the camp a quick glance. He didn't have to point out how inconvenient the families were made here by the assault they had managed to survive through.

"I'm sure you've had your share of similar crisis within your own systems." He didn't want to downplay what had happened here on Alderaan, but at the same time wanted to let the minister know that he and many strong Houses on Alderaan weren't besides themselves. They had met their assailants and faced them down. Many Alderaani died, but not as many if they cowered like sheep and let the sith just slaughter them. No. Many Alderaani died in the process of defending their home and loved ones.

"Sad when little sense is made of such sith attacks. Seems they stew with contempt for free systems, till their own foul stench becomes too unbearable even for them. This then seems to be their driving force for them to fornicate outside their own.
But Alderaan, like Commenor is full of people with spirit and hope. Something which the sith of their kind have not been able to comprehend in well over a hundred millennia." He pointed out.

"And as well, for they would be besides themselves should they grasp it's full meaning."
Of course it were the Duke's way of expressing his malcontent of the foolish sith and the meek little boy lost that they reveled as their high lord. A self proclaimed butcher. A king to an empire of jealous minions.
Such a waste of force powers...

"What has taken place here, can certainly take place anywhere..."

Darben Skirae looked about after [member="Faith Organa"] greeted him. "Hello Faith. I had heard of some troubling news here, but I...I had not expected it to be this bad" he said. This was one of the first moments he came to witness such a dark and sad scene. Caused by war. He turned to [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"], and nodded his head, extended a hand for a hand shake in greeting. While he did that he nodded to Faith. "Yes, still Minister." He had not even thought of the situation of where he wouldn't be a Minister to the CSA.

"So why is it I am here? I'm not sure of what I myself can do to help." Darben believed this was something more to Lady Kay's handling, or Foreign Affairs. Not the Minister Of Trade. It had him wondering why he himself had been asked for.

Faith took that deep breath, "What can you do, why are you here." These weren't questions she asked they were statements. She looked at Darben who she genuinely liked, "Minister Skirae I am told that the CSA had appointed Amelia Sorenn-Syrush as Defense Minister. The Defense Minister of the CSA brought her personal forces here to Alderaan to aide the Sith in all this destruction."

She didn't think that it was necesarry to take him on a tour. Destruction didn't need to be played up. It was easy to see.

"The people of Alderaan are suffering, and while we seek reparations from the Sith which many consider folly. Alderaan asks the CSA to sell any holdings their Defense Minister held within CSA space and contribute those funds to the families who have lost their homes and loved ones." There she said it. It was out and while she had said it she was not proud to have said it.

She felt as if this was a test one which she wasn't sure she would pass.

"I would ask that you take this request back to your government." She wasn't really asking for anything from Kay. She understood that Amelia was dead and that there was the possibility the companies had passed onto her heirs. But this request had to be made.

"Did Queen Kay and her advisors know the Defense Minister's plans?" another uncomfortable question. There were days she did not like this job just as she had not liked her job with the Republic towards the end.

[member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

Darben Skirae was shocked to hear this. Their Minister of Defense, Amelia. She had done this? That was something he could not believe possible, despite having met her only a few times. As she continued to speak, his shock grew and grew. And he finally came to understanding. He was simply the messenger boy here. "I...I can see what I can do" he murmured quietly. He shook his head, he had not heard a word of this. "No, no one has. No could expect this, I can assure that." This still didn't seem like something Amelia, let alone anyone in the CSA would do...Then the message he had received from Kay. Perhaps Faith knew of the news as well. "I will ask [member="Lady Kay"]...but it is up to her to decide. It is as much as I can do..."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

"It is the downside of holding an office Darben." Faith made her way to where he stood her sad eyes rested upon his face as he began to realize what she was asking.

"I am glad that the CSA as a body did not know of this Darben it would make our relationship, and agreements...problematic." She looked back to where the Duke stood she could see in his eyes that he wanted something akin to blood for what was done.

"Darben you are always welcome here. As is anyone from the CSA who does not seek to harm us. But I must be honest it looks bad what Amelia has done calls into question many things. I'm sure you understand."

Of course he did he was bright. Amelia holding a position of military importance with the CSA attacked Alderaan. It would not matter to many what the circumstances were it would only matter that it would be seen as an attack on Alderaan.

Perhaps a meeting should be held...but she would leave that to the CSA to set up. She would not send any of her staff to make this gesture.

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

Darben Skirae had to agree to there being downsides to being in office, or being a Minister. He had dealt with several. Just, this was not one of the ones he had in mind. He arched a brow, before understanding what exactly she had meant. If such a thing had occurred, if the CSA had known...but he doubted such a thing could ever happen.

He nodded, smiling to [member="Faith Organa"]. "Of course. You have been a great personal friend of mine." Especially with the situation of Renla. He hoped the chip he had given back then had in fact helped, or that she had done something with it. "These are tough times..." Even low-level crimes were getting worse. His bodyguard had seen that first hand, and he was still grief stricken. "I will get to bringing the message to Lady Kay as soon as I make my leave, Faith."

[member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

She nodded, "You may take your leave Darben unless the Duke." She smiled then she had wanted to assure that they were still friends no matter what.

It would be remiss of Faith not to have done something.

She looked back at the Duke, "Duke Devoe do you have anything to add?"

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"No, your majesty. You have relayed your request with intent based on our given facts quite clearly." he replied, before turning to the Minister.

"It has been a pleasure to meet you Minister Skirae. I do look forward in future interactions...hopefully under more pleasant circumstances."
He bowed respectfully to the man.

There was little else he could add, as clearly the man was taken off balance with their findings of Commenor's Minister of Defense Sorenn Syrush's involvement with the sith attacks on Alderaan.
The Duke himself couldn't believe Commenor had known of Syrush's involvement in it. That system bore no ill feelings against her neighbors and like wise. There was no gain such treachery to gain influence over FWC systems while the entire free galaxy watched.
No...Commenor was neither behind it, or had prior knowledge... or so the Duke believed as he watched the Trade Minister take leave for Commenor.

He waited till he and his queen were alone again, before he turned and spoke.
"Your majesty.... Alderaan was caught by surprise, despite the orchestrated efforts of the sith to annihilate us again. And again, we still stand here.
But that is only because of the few strong houses who stood their ground...those whom had ground.
This brings me back to the motion I had proposed months ago. And that is to fortify Alderaan. We held back the sith by mostly the Northern Hemisphere. If we coordinate all of our Great Houses to do the same...Alderaan will be a force to be reckoned with..." he said, looking over to his queen.
Yes, he had fortified the Aiden providence and it had taken little hit from the sith. In all, the Northern Skies were kept clear of the varmints. But the South and Aldera didn't fare so well, as it lacked full defenses. Unfortunately, the Northern defenses didn't have that reach to defend Alderaa. But the Duke wished to change that. He wanted all the Houses to have proper defense coverage.

"I understand this isn't the time for me to bring this up. But I wish to inform you of my proposal when we next meet in Council, your majesty.
Commenor may liquidate all of the traitor Amelia Sorenn-Syrush's estates and holdings and release them to us for retribution. But in reality it will only patch a little scratch. Currently, all our Houses are contributing and doing their part in healing Alderaan. We as a people..as a nation still stand united.
Next time, it will be our enemies who will fall, my Queen." He had conviction in his voice and eyes.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom