Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Conqueror Class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To serve as a secret weapon for the Grayson Imperium

Image Source: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Conqueror-class_Star_Destroyer

Canon Link: N/A

Primary Source: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Conqueror-class_Star_Destroyer

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Grayson Imperium

Affiliation: Grayson Imperium

Model: Star Destroyer

Production: Semi unique

Material: Durasteel hull

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Star Destroyer

Length: 1,600 meters

Width: 900 meters

Height: 400 meters

Armament: High-Very High

Defenses: Low

Hangar Space: 4 squadrons

Hangar Allocations:

Starfighters: 2 squadrons

Support Craft: 2 squadrons (Minimum squadrons lists should match the squadrons listed for the "Base" rating for ship its size)

Maneuverability Rating: Low

Speed Rating:, Low

Hyperdrive Class: 1

STANDARD FEATURES
All Standard features

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

The Conqueror class ship is outfitted with a primary laser that, when fired, emits several beams that all converge and create one large beam that fires out from the center of the ship. The main laser is powered with kyber crystals.

Strengths:

main laser
Able to serve as a mobile heavy weapon
Compact size reminiscent of a standard Imperial star destroyer

Weaknesses:

Main laser has a tendency to break down or overload
Main laser is hard to maintain and hard to keep operational due to scarcity of kyber crystals
Low defenses leave the ship vulnerable to stightfighter attacks
The main laser can only be fired once every 30 minutes
The main laser has to be aimed manually by shifting the direction of the entire ship, thus making firing smaller craft virtually impossible.

Description:
Crew: 36,000
Cargo Storage: Low
Consumables; 6 years

@Shran

Hello, I am Vis, and I will be reviewing this submission.

Before we dig too deeply, one thing pops out here that concerns me, and you might have not been aware of our policies regarding them. Superweapons, as a rule, are not allowed in Chaos as you can read HERE in the banned items list at the bottom of that page. So, in light of this, I am going to ask you to consider moving this submission to Pre-Factory while you make corrections throughout this submission to make corrections, as I feel that this concept breaches that. I really like how you have tried to mitigate the ship's overall strengths to accommodate it, and you have done a great job sticking with the template and providing a nice, clean sub here, but this is just one policy we can't bend the rules on.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks.

[member="Visanj T'shkali"] I'm just a little confused here about how this classifies as a "superweapon" based on the link you provided. According to the Wiki attached, a superweapon is typically strong enough to destroy an entire planet. My ship isn't even able to completely destroy a capital ship on it's own. I would say I've been more than generous in neutering the ship's power.

[member="Alden Akaran"] [member="Shran"]

Okay, your entire submission is filled throughout with the words "Superlaser", "Superweapon", "Death-Star", and so forth. It's entirely written to suggest that while 'scaled back' it is just that As it stands, this would normally require us - per the rules - to deny it. I strongly urge you to consider moving this to the pre-factory and making the necessary changes to both language and content.

[member="Visanj T'shkali"] If the language is the problem, I'm happy remove the word superweapon. Clearly we weren't operating with the same definition of the word, which I can see how that could be an issue. I can go ahead and change that right now. If there's any other concerns, please let me know. Otherwise I see no reason why not to continue with the submission here.

[member="Shran"]

First, thanks again for making those changes. I know it can be hard to put so much into a submission, only to have some judge like me come along and ask you to change it all, but there's a reason I asked for them. Superweapons, super-lasers, Death Stars, Nickelback, and other highly destructive tech is by special permission only in Chaos and anywhere else it is a flat out 'no-go'. But you have a terrific main laser here, a potent main gun that can be really, really neat for RP, especially to old-school Sci-fi fans like me who remember the Excalibur on "Babylon 5: Crusade" or the Battleship Yamato's main gun. I'd have hated to have to see that go.

I think now we have something that can be cool and shouldn't need but a tweak or two to make it work. First,

Shran said:
This laser is barely able to blow a hole clean through most capital ships.
is a line that's only gonna lead to trouble for you. It really doesn't need to be here, as damage in PvP on Chaos is decided by the defending character not the aggressor anyway, and just the wording will create confusion and lead to someone reporting it, and frankly, this is too good a sub to see it opened up to more scrutiny. One more thing, however, is you might consider -- and this is just my suggestion -- would be to give more details, such as explaining the firing process, the power management, etc. But at the minimum, that one pesky line will need to come out, and please hyperlink 'durasteel' too, just to adhere to current factory standards across the board.

That's it! Great job, and thanks for being patient and cooperative! Make those changes and I think we can approve this puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom