Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conquering Mind, Body, and Soul

A U R U M
Vur Tepe Forges

Asha really trusted me. It was starting to show. Allowing me to take on her own apprentice, Caedyn, for lessons within the forge. Ever since we first met, she always seemed to be hopeful of what I could accomplish. While it was rare for us to see one another due to my work and her own job, She had spoken to me briefly about him needing to complete his trial for Vur Tepe. As well as providing himself a form of defense, and offensive weapon. However, I was told he was very much a pacifist. Someone who didn't want to kill. Injure and even incapacitate? sure. Kill? No.

I thought about the weapons possible. Something light and easy to use. I kept thinking of weapons like a Mace, or a Morning Star. Even a club. But that didn't really suit the needs that this particular young man had. Being fifteen, I doubted he had much training with swords, or really any weaponry. While I had been in my youth because my uncle Nickolas had forced it down my gullet, The way the young man acted and carried himself showed.

Waiting for him to come over, I had some Phrik ingots that we would be able to use quite easily for whatever he wanted. The idea was to provide the young man with a weapon that had as little downsides as possible. Something for him to keep distance on his target as well. Even if he was training in Martial arts with Stav Kesh, Sometimes a ranged weapon would be helpful to reach out.

I couldn't come up with it as soon as the young man walked in.

However, there was something new that I was going to do with this student. Having done it to Emberfall for a moment, and testing it slowly on creatures within the forest during my meditation times, I had to now try it on a person who was much younger. Much more bendable to what I had in mind. He wouldn't end up any worse for wear, but he was going to have quite the time of it.

[member="Caedyn Arenais"],

Caedyn Arenais

C
[member="Ignis Imura"] was a name he had heard before, a face that he'd met with only the once during his first lesson in Stav Kesh outside of his Master's own company. Master Imura was, like all other learned and experienced members of the Je'daii, a person to be respected and admired for his feats, his accomplishments and challenges he had overcome thus far into his life. Caedyn on the other hand was only starting into his journey as a Je'daii Padawan and one of the youngest members of the Order; he felt he had a lot to account for being the apprentice to [member="Asha Hex"] and the Son to Veiere Arenais, a name who's reputation had drastically fallen in recent weeks yet had once been known by many to be a very strong practitioner of the light, a Jedi Master and leader of others...-It was a weight that Caedyn carried on his shoulders, though he did his best not to show it.

Today, he was being introduced to Vur Tepe, through his Master's encouragement and her having organized a private lesson of sorts with Master Imura. The paths of the Je'daii were many and though it remained early days for Caedyn, he had come to learn that for one to succeed and be considered accomplished within their training, one had to demonstrate knowledge in all of these paths, while focusing on only two chosen skill sets should that be the students desire. Caedyn's choices had been rather easy, Stav Kesh for which he would grow strong in body and mind, and Qigong Kesh, for which he would grow strong in the Force and honor his Master for whom focused primarily in that path of enlightenment.

Vur Tepe however...-The boy knew nothing about...-What-so-ever, thus as he approached the good Master Ignis Imura, he found himself a little anxious and apprehensive, knowing not at all what to expect from todays lesson...

Hearing the door opening, I looked up from my thoughts. The young man was looking into the shop. Walking over towards him, I could feel slight nervousness from him. Slight, but still there. Even eagerness was there as well. Anticipation for what may lay ahead of him. I smiled a bit while I walked over. Placing a hand on his left shoulder. Squeezing it a bit to let him know that it was fine.

"Glad to see your face again. Doing well I suppose?"

Releasing him, I walked into the shop a little further indicating for him to follow. I also listened should the man speak to me with an answer. However, I forgo the tangent of a conversation that would spring from it. Instead, I walked over towards the hammer that rested against the face of the anvil. I turned around to face him.

"Alright, so you are in need of a weapon. However... that weapon can't kill someone. AND! it has to work in conjunction with your Stav Kesh training. So. I might have a few ideas, but I am not you. Do you have a weapon in mind that can fill those spots for you?"

Much like teaching anyone else, I needed to give him the tools he needed to get somewhere in life. If that meant making him think about what he wanted, then sure. Go for it. However, I had a feeling I knew what he was going to go with, but I could always be wrong. Even then, I continued.

"At first I was thinking a mace, but those a heavy and kind of difficult to carry. Morning Star? Nope. Hangs on a chain so its even harder to use than a Mace. A sword won't do it cus you want no chance to kill. I thought about maybe clubs or batons. Your thoughts?"

Even as I was speaking, my mind was racing. Slowly getting grip of how this man's stature and strength was. Was he capable of swinging a hammer without hitting himself? Let alone actually hitting the metal with enough force to move and shape the metal. Hmmm. Might have to work with it a little bit, but I think it will work.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn blinked a couple times at [member="Ignis Imura"]'s choice and blatancy of words, talking about desiring a weapon that wouldn't kill. Naturally for a fifteen year old boy, he had no intentions of killing any body, yet the share thought of it still left him a little in awe of how others seemed to take this for granted or just act as though it were a normality in their lives. "N-no...-I'd really rather not hurt anyone if I can help it" he replied, shaking his head in agreement with Master Imura's conclusion. "I have a lightsaber but it's not made to cut through people like a lot of others. My father made it for training but I kept it because it can still do all the same stuff other real ones can without needing to really hurt anybody" he smiled a little as he felt quite proud of this fact, it also resembling a part of his life that frankly related to nicer times for his family.

"To be honest, Master..." He continued, his hands taking to one another at his back, standing attentively that Master Imura would notice his willingness to acknowledge and pay his tutor due attention while speaking up a little apprehensively over his thoughts on the given prospect; "I have sorta figured out what I'd like to use but I'm going to have to train to use it too...-I'm hoping to focus on Stav Kesh for my primary path so I think I should be able to do that but...-I'd like to use a Bo Staff" He grinned at the thought of it. "My Father's lightsaber was double bladed but he could disconnect the hilt at the center and turn it into two standard light sabers. I'd like to do the same with a Bo Staff, one that could defend but not result in someone being too seriously hurt...".

He had indeed given the topic a good lot of thought, and unknowingly Ignis Imura had hit the nail on the head at the mention of Baton's but Caedyn hadn't quite realized they were the same as what his idea for a Bo Staff would be, dismantled at the center to create two identical and blunt force weapons. "The thing is..." He chewed on his lower lip a little anxiously, tilting his head as if not knowing whether to continue or not; "I don't think it will make much difference against another lightsaber seeing as they can cut through everything...".

The young man was correct.

A bo staff will take some training to get used to, but the added ability to separate it into twin batons will allow him to use both forms for various uses. If he was in enclosed spaces, it would be better than the massive reach the bo had. The added ability of having two, would allow for him to gain the upper hand and have it difficult for an enemy who only had one weapon to block every attack that he threw. With the staff, he could use conjunction of various martial arts, such as Echani firedancing, which utilized a firebrand. A double bladed weapon. However his will be non-lethal.

"Much like the double bladed lightsaber, only with a Bo staff, and can be made from two batons. A good idea. Quite a bit of reach with the staff, and can be used in closed spaces with the batons, or even against enemies who have two weapons themselves. Seems like you have your mind set on that. Good, it will make the process go over much more smoothly."

I did smile though a little at his retort about lightsabers.

"You have right to be concerned, but it is not needed. You see, what we are making is called Force-imbued weapons. A weapon that has been enhanced through the force to be more powerful, more stronger, and more resilient. In fact, many works that are created could be stated as being nigh indestructible. So that includes lightsabers Caedyn."

Walking over to the cabinet rather quickly, I produced a lightsaber. One that was very lethal. I then drew my sword.

"This sword is Oathkeeper. My own force-imbued blade."

Setting the weapon on the anvil, I then brought the lightsaber down hard. Swinging it with all I had upon the sword. At best, I made some soot upon the blade that shone still brightly. Looking at the young man, I then did it again. The blue blade then shut off as I tossed it to a table behind him where it landed and skid to the edge, but didn't fall off. I replaced my blade back into it's sheath.

"The other cool part about this, is these weapons, bladed weapons at least, had a much sharper blade, and would keep that edge for far longer than any other sword. Even if the person who made it was barely an apprentice, the edge would hold even past a Masterwork sword that had not been imbued. Some, rarely is it needed, but some can even destroy dark sided ghosts. Much like a physical sword can kill a man, The imbued blade, as it exists upon the existence of the force itself, can damage those who live upon the force."

I took a deep breath and then got ready to prepare myself for the question I had in mind. Releasing it.

"Now. You do not know how to swing a hammer. I do. You can easily attune a crystal simply by focusing it with your energies. I cannot as this is your weapon. So, I am going to ask one question. This is serious as it can be intrusive upon your mind. So...."

I held my breath for a moment. Then continued.

"What I am hoping to do, is for us to share minds. We use an ability called force meld. Where we combine our strengths into one pool. And here is the scary part. I will take the forefront of your mind. Your motor controls, your pain, and control your body. So that You are still swinging the hammer, you are still focusing upon the crystal with your energies as well as mine, and you will also learn of the abilities in the process of learning how to create weapons like this in the future."

That was quite the question to give a young man. A person who was barely old enough to start have hair in his armpits, and yet his mind could be taken control of and his body used to create the very weapon he needed, and desired. Before he would answer, I continued one last time.

"Now, its okay. I won't see any of your darkest memories or secrets. At best, I will see whatever you are thinking about when you are focusing upon the crystal. You and I will both feel pain, and you can still move your body. However, I will be controlling it. During this process, you need to relax, and trust me, and the connection we are creating with Meld. If you are okay with this, it will make the forging process work much more smoothly, and much more quickly without having to train and teach you for months on how to be safe while performing the job."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn stared back at Master [member="Ignis Imura"] somewhat at a loss for words. The concept of what had just been explained to him sound impossible in theory, and yet in the Force there were many incredible and sometimes seemingly miraculous feats that could and were often performed by those of the Je'daii Order that quite simply blew his mind. Opening his mouth to respond, he found himself without the initial words to convey his agreement where as the thought of his body being controlled by this older Je'daii even seemed a little scary to him.

Exactly how much of Caedyn's person would Ignis experience, would he realize the boys general anxiety and need to get to know and gain the approval of others? Would he notice the boys desperation to make friends and feel as though he held a true place within the Order, one that didn't simply coincide with his Master [member="Asha Hex"] but rather a place that he could call his own? These were insecurities that he'd not even spoken to Asha about, let alone thought to tell someone like Ignis whom seemed so much more able and accomplished than he was.

"Uh...-Yeah, Sure..." Caedyn replied, though there was no small hint of uncertainty in his tone, the lad was indeed willing to go to any lengths at the end of the day to further his knowledge in the Force and his ability to compete with others within the Je'daii Order; "I mean...-Yes, Master. I think I can do that" he clarified with a little more confidence, choosing to put his priorities and progress of training ahead of his personal fears.

Ignis' example of what a force imbued weapon could stand up against hadn't gone ignored in the least, the possibility that Caedyn might have a weapon as light and yet as range-worthy and swift as a Bo Staff was, standing up against the blade of a lightsaber in combat was in the boys opinion the perfect weapon of defense. He had already watched a couple holo-vids back upon Svivren within the Temple's archives. The forms of combat the practitioners of the staff had used were all swift and fluid movements mixed in with martial arts and seemed to convey a great sense of self control, strength and yet too agility and finesse that had only further encouraged Caedyn's desire to pursue the art.

"...What do you need me to do, Master? To get started...".

The young man was nervous. I could feel it before I could see it upon his face and through his actions. Yes, very strange question to ask as this would literally be taking control of his body. Not a feeling I would like to happen to me. Nor for him to feel. However, it was truly the best way to get this done. I let the man speak. Letting him gather all of his thoughts. While he agreed very hesitant at first, the second time was the real answer. I allowed him a few moments. Knowing he was gathering his thoughts about this. The follow up question was a nice touch.

"Before I even do this, I want you to know, if you slip, or if you have memories that I see, I will not tell another soul. Whatever happens here, stays here. Second, to begin this. I need you to calm yourself. Center your mind, and being. Meditate within the force. What I will do, is slowly, and as gently as possible, slip into your mind. It will feel weird at first, and your natural reaction is to fight it. That is okay. Try and keep your mind open though. Once we have our minds together, you will feel a sudden surge in power. That will be the linking of our force energies. The last and final part, is where I take the drivers seat. It will feel very strange and odd. You might have tingling sensations for a bit."

Reaching out to his shoulder, I gently placed it and gave him a second.

"Now, imagine driving a massive ship your entire life. Then are suddenly forced into driving a much smaller and more fragile ship. That is what I will be dealing with. I will take a moment to do some smaller stuff. Get used to using your body. Moving and whatever else. This is the trial period where I learn how your body works. If I injure you, I am sorry, and I want you to know that its okay. When you injure yourself, you will want to back out, or to close off your mind. I need you to keep it open. Otherwise, if you try and close it off with me still in control, there is a chance for you to fall to the floor, or even pass out if you push hard enough."

Nodding my head, I looked directly at him. Making sure he was getting all of this. Making sure all of this information was clear to him.

"Now. Gather your loins. Open your mind. When you are ready, let me know."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Inhaling slowly, Caedyn poised himself, acknowledging himself and his anxiety, bringing it all in before exhaling slowly and seeking to release it all from himself. His father had told him once, back when Veiere still believed in the Force so faithfully as he once had, that it was there for all, that his anxieties and fears could be handed over so to speak, that the Force take hold and continue to influence one's life or fate in it's chosen will and path. Thinking upon this, the lad chose to fall back on this old lesson and resigned himself to believe in the vast possibilities of the Force, that letting go of his own need for control would not be the end of things where he remained calm and in tune with the flow and lifeline of all nature around them.

Caedyn gave a rather firm, confident nod to the Master [member="Ignis Imura"] signalling his willingness to proceed. He had suggested that Caedyn would first be required to calm himself, to enter into meditation for which he had since put into a fair bit more practice since his last exercise with [member="Asha Hex"] in the Crystal Caverns of Aurum; this time as he would lower himself to the floor, his adoption of the posture typical of one whom practiced the art was taken up rather fluently, his back straightening, legs crossed and hands rested gently upon his knees no longer needing Ignis' guidance in order to know what was required of him there on.

Closing his eyes, Caedyn inhaled again, this time through his nose with a slower pace; intentionally holding his breath for a matter of seconds before exhaling slowly through barely parted lips. This, an obvious and well known breathing technique not only recognized by Force User's but by many whom sought to calm their nerves. In his youth, he would not attain the same level of trance that one like Ignis would so readily be capable of, yet as the minutes passed, the Je'daii Master before him would find that the lad's presence in the Force would quieten and eventually fall placid, that his consciousness no longer remained so intently focused on the immediate but rather Caedyn seemed far more at peace within himself than he had been prior.

The young man began to do as I asked. Calming his nerves and steeling himself. Preparing for my usage of his body. I didn't want to scare the lad. I had only done this actual process once. However, it went over rather smoothly at the time. Even more so, This was a test trial. Even if this couldn't be done, there were other ways to complete this task. However, it was much more difficult. Clearing my own thoughts, I simply stood where I was. However, I moved to be out of the way so that when I took control of Caedyn's body, my own wouldn't be standing in the way.

Slowly, I ease myself into my own state. Making sure that he was ready, I slowly created the connection through force meld. I held back my power and signature for as long as I could. Very Even as I did this, I slowly talked to him through telepathy.

"Keep calm. Creating the bond will be fairly easily done. Give me a few more seconds, and then I will complete it. When I do, you will feel a surge of the force. Mind you, I am a little darker in nature than you. You may feel a little sick at first. That's okay."

It was quite literally a few seconds later that the bond was created. Like I had said, the surge of power came forth. A tidal wave of energy and power that was at his disposal. However, I then began the delicate process of slipping into his mind. Moving around to find the main control room if you will. Attempting to find where the motor functions were. When I had found it. I slowly moved into position. Taking a hold, and gingerly speaking.

"I am where I need to be. Now. I will slowly take control. However, I need to see to make sure I don't injure you. So I will open your eyes. Just keep your concentration."

Slowly, and gingerly I began to open him up.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's experience within the control and manipulation of the Force was still rather amateur compared to his peers, though he was slowly improving through his Master's guidance, he had not entirely been ready for the amount of power that he was about to receive through the aid of [member="Ignis Imura"]. Master Imura was trained and though Caedyn hadn't given it any thought, his fore-warning had been well placed in that he was a being of much darker nature than Caedyn himself was; and with that surge of raw power in the force also came a coldness that gave him goosebumps and left the hairs on the back of his neck standing.

Despite the sudden shock of it all, the awe of which he felt thrust upon him in such dominating power over his typical presence within the Force, Caedyn managed to maintain his calm exterior quite possibly with the added focus of Ignis, listening to the words that would be conveyed across to his mind through the practice of telepathy, a skill that Caedyn had yet to learn alike so many others. Without the appropriate training in mental conditioning and protecting ones feelings and thoughts from being read by others, Ignis would find no resistance what-so-ever in being able to transition his consciousness across to manipulating Caedyn's physical movements.

Something as simple as opening his eyes now suddenly seemed so ethereal, Caedyn feeling as though he were now in the backseat of a speeder whilst Ignis had chosen to drive, it was incredibly difficult to comprehend that someone else was controlling him and yet he was still able to witness everything as if it were his own decision to act as the Je'daii wished him to. "I had no idea this was something others could do..." Caedyn sought to speak audibly though the words were instead thought, their shared mind able to communicate with one another through whatever crazy feat it was that Ignis had demonstrated; "You can teach me to do Je'daii stuff this way ?".

His eyes were vibrant. Looking into the world in such a different film. It was almost as though I were looking through a lens, or a pair of glasses. Different, yet the same. I could feel the anticipation upon the young man. Even as I spoke I slowly picked up his hands and clenched them before opening them up once more. Testing his physical strength at smaller limits. The young man was surprised that I could do this. Even more so, questioning that he would even be able to learn all of this. Caedyn then smiled as a reaction from myself after speaking. Strangly enough, he also answered his own lips from my control.

"Yes. As our minds are working together, what ever process I think of for the creation of your bo staff, you will also think of and then retroactively understand. It will become second nature to you over time should you practice upon it. Like Martial artists who know exactly what to do given just about any situation. Over time, your understanding will expand."

Slowly I did smaller functions with his hands. Counting upon his fingers, and even moving them individually. Getting used to his smaller frame. While from his eyes, I looked normal, but I knew for a fact that he was smaller than myself. So I had to be prepared for that. Slowly, I got him to his knees from where he was sitting. Trying to balance his body and frame.

"To be clear, only myself and Emberfall have done this as far as we know. We have practiced it upon one another, however not with others. We do not share these secrets with others as it could allow for people to come in and get a free ride. I chose to do it with you because you are much younger. You have much more time to learn and train than others. So the very simple construction of your staff will be performed by this way. However, everything else we may aid you in doing will be done by your own hands and your own failures and corrections."

Standing the man up after having some balance. I had him walk. Stumbling a bit before catching him on a table.

"Taking it slow. I have to get used to your size and body structure as it is... much different than mine. First to practice on balance, and strength."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Even walking, as slowly and cautiously as [member="Ignis Imura"] led him, Caedyn found it a little disorientating at first. His mind felt as though it were almost disconnected, in a sense looking upon his actions from a third person perspective and yet all the while caught in the moment, the first person view of another persons control and intentions...

"I don't know who Emberfall is exactly but...-This sure is the most craziest thing I've ever felt before...".

Ignis Imura wouldn't see Caedyn's laughter so much as he would feel the amusement as they shared the bodies physical boundaries and mind. The much more experienced consciousness within Caedyn's mortal cage being enlightened to the boys every thoughts and anxiety around the situation, as well as a background fear of what he might be able to learn beyond what was happening in that moment. There were things that the lad had never told a soul, things like the recent news he had learned of his father and the attack against the Jedi of Deneba; not having approached his Mom about it yet.

"So what exactly can we do to make this staff any different from others?" Caedyn inquired, wondering the need for all of this and how it might benefit him and the soon to be unique weapon that would become his signature tool throughout what was most likely to be the rest of his life; "You said it could fight against other lightsabers because of the Phrik right? Are you going to show me how to make phrik then ?". It must have been almost amusingly refreshing for Ignis to be inside the head of one whom knew so little by comparison, Caedyn was still to this day very much a blank canvass compared to others who had already trained and chosen their paths in life.

My... no. Our voice spoke once more. Caedyn spoke about how the Phrik was lightsaber resistant. And how could it be lightsaber proof. Even more so, he didn't know who Emberfall was. True to this, I didn't think he would. So I took a moment more to explain as I righted our body.

"Emberfall is the Master of Vur Tepe. I am her Steward. So we have tried to come up with ways to make it easier on students to create their items as quickly as possible. Normally we have them train over a few months at the least. However, as you are a student of Asha, and she asked me to help you as you are more... prone to the outside influences, then I will do by best."

With this in mind, I moved on to how we were going to create the weapon. Slowly making my way over to the forge, I would perform various movements and exercises that would limber the boy's body up. As well as garner a better control over his form.

"Phrik is naturally lightsaber resistant. However, force imbued weapons can be as well. So the process of strengthening the weapon itself through the force, will only get better over time."

I then started to pick up the ingot that we were working with at the moment and placed it into the forge. Preparing it to be heated up and then worked on as I spoke some more.

"Force Imbued weapons are crafted to the user. So since you are making this, the weapon will have a connection to you. It can have various looks upon it. Some weapons have auras or little flames, lighting arcs, or even frost coming off of it. While most of the time this is meaningless, in some rare cases, the weapon can actually perform these feats."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Emberfall, the Master of Vur Tepe for which was both the Temple grounds they stood upon yet also the path and focus that every Je'daii come to experience on their journey towards true fulfillment and enlightenment in their training and within the Force. Metallurgy, it was a concept that Caedyn had never heard of, though he wasn't completely knew to the idea of tinkering with things. His father had taught him some basic knowledge in reworking various technologies and metals, yet nothing to the experience that [member="Ignis Imura"] presented, clearly garnered through vast experience beyond Caedyn's years.

Again Caedyn was subjected to witnessing his body move through the control of Ignis' shared consciousness. He imagined that there would be much of this feeling throughout the exercise and given his lack of knowledge he could only be along for the ride and otherwise try to pay attention to what the Je'daii was showing him, his thoughts on the process shared with Caedyn through both knowing and doing. This sort of acquisition of learning and knowledge far beyond anything the lad had ever gone through. It would definitely be a process that he would seek to share with his Master later, as well as an art that he could come to put into practice given his juvenile interest in technologies of the age he had been born into. Rarely did kids grow up these days without the wealth of technology around them, even within the Order of Je'daii it seemed the use of machinery and starships and stuff were all vital for their livelihood. How people ever survived without those means, was beyond him.

This time Caedyn did not respond but studied the Ingot as it would be put to the furnace and heated, the way that his hands worked the clamps that held the great ore blade as it slowly grew in an orange blaze of light, the fire illuminating the metal while Caedyn's mind seemed to expand, almost as though he was anticipating what would come to follow. Was that through Ignis' skills that he was assuming, or were he simply guessing...-Imagining such things, it was difficult to tell...-He would however make sure to do his best not to interrupt the Master Craftsman, least Caedyn interrupt or frustrate him during the procedure he ought to be studying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom