Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Compound Null

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Admiralty
Codex Judge

QLqtcfQ.png

yG4zsVy.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To begin experimenting with anti-forcer methodologies
Image Source: x
Canon Link: NA
Permissions: NA
Primary Source: NA
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards | Obsidian Division | HumSec Consortium
Affiliation: Kuat Drive Yards | Select Customers
Market Status: Closed-Market
Modularity: Yes, but it would most likely require a separate submission
Model: Compound Null
Production: Limited
Material: Compound N(ull)
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Ore
Weight: Heavy
Color: Light chestnut with silvery veins
Resistance:
Force: Extreme
Heat: Extreme
Plasma: Low
Kinetic: Low
Sonic: Low
Acid: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
Radiates a field that weakens the Force around it, proportionally with its own amount, a fistful can nullify it entirely in a localized area. Most importantly it does not rely on a rare piece of ore that can only be found in a different dimension. This can be created in a laboratory setting with some investment.
Surprisingly excellent material for heat insulation when processed.
Versatile in its use. Can be used as a thin insulation layer on armor, electronics, but can also be shaped into jewelry or expensive ammunition.

STRENGTHS
You Have No Power Here: In sufficient quantity it can deny a Force user their abilities. As an example, if someone were to make armor and insulated it with this material, they could nullify the Force in their immediate surroundings (melee range), but outside of this the effect will weaken and only cause a degradation in the ability to wield the Force. (It is understood that PC consent is required for a complete removal of their ability to use the Force).
Cool as a Whistle: Very capable at insulation.
WEAKNESSES
Made out of Glass: It is incapable of sustaining a lot of damage from most conventional forms of weaponry. If enough of it gets destroyed, the Null-Field will not be able to be maintained anymore.
The Weight of the World: Any item that utilizes this material will be heavier than it would otherwise be, because of its inherent properties. This won't matter as much with a necklace. But if you are trying to forge some armor and use this as an insulation layer, you better be using a metal that isn't heavy on its own merits as well.
DESCRIPTION
Throughout history the greatest threat to the Galaxy turned out to be those who wield the Force. From Sidious to Anakin to Sidious again those who control the Force end up misusing it and cause trouble. Some would counter that Tarkin was the one who exploded a planet, but would Tarkin have been in a position to do so without a Forcer behind him?

HumSec Consortium has been working steadily for years to develop counters to this menace.

In cooperation with Kuat Drive Yards through the Obsidian Division (a secretive initiative whose only purpose is the advance of science) have finally managed to crack the molecular code of Voidstone and why it is capable of affecting the Force by its mere presence. From there creating a synthetic compound with similar properties ended up being relatively easy.

Compound N was born.

While the procedure is straightforward, creating it in a lab setting demanded immense heat and energy, which makes it rather expensive to manufacture. As such the Obsidian Division only manufactures it on demand and maintains a larger stockpile for itself, to further experiment with its possibilities.

There are already several concepts being formulated to expand on its ability to weaken and even nullify the Force in sufficient quantities.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Arage Bao Arage Bao

It is cool! However with the "it can nullify the Force entirely in a localized area", I feel the Limited is too much, and I feel the Semi-unique would be much better. If it only can dampen/suppress the Force I would say, Limited is ok. But the nullify even if it is a small area, it is like a Void Stone, which is also Restricted material.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
MANIAC MANIAC

Ah, okay. I chatted about it with the Factory Admin and I thought this was reasonable. Is it possible to keep the Limited production somehow? It only nullifies the Force entirely when using quite a lot of it, it would take more than an amulet's worth for it for instance.

The idea was that if I created a follow-up submission with bullets that with enough direct hits it would temporarily nullify the Force for instance.

I could add some more weaknesses if you'd be more comfortable with that?

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Arage Bao Arage Bao

Someone did similar bullets this summer or spring with Void Stone shards or dust, and it was also Semi-Unique, because you cannot really defend yourself against it, it could be instant kill, if you are realistic and you don't want to save your character at any cost. Because you write it creates a Force nullification field, the opponent cannot really say, they don't care and not for them. I think you understand my concern with the larger than Limited.

My idea was, if the entire armour contains this compound in some form (as alloy in the metal), that is enough to create 1-1,5 metres big sphere where the wearer is the centre and in this area nullify the Force, and in larger areas only suppress it. This is more than enough against the Force users in melee combat. But if it is stronger than this, that is not fair, because you can use it for larger NPC units. And to be fair, it is hard to defend yourself in PvP against it without godmodding.

My other idea, it is for only PC characters and you mention in the sub, I mean you make a highlight the opponent's consent is always required for Force Nullification area to occur, otherwise only suppression the effect. So like the compound is not perfect and the effects are unpredictable, it can be suppression or nullification.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
STRENGTHS
You Have No Power Here: In sufficient quantity it can deny a Force user their abilities. As an example, if someone were to make armor and insulated it with this material, they could nullify the Force in their immediate surroundings (melee range), but outside of this the effect will weaken and only cause a degradation in the ability to wield the Force. (It is understood that PC consent is required for a complete removal of their ability to use the Force).

I went with option 1) and tweaked the strength accordingly. I also added the consent part from your option 2, because I think that's a reasonable clarification. Nobody can be forced to take a hit, that should definitely be clear.

Thank you for working with me on this!

MANIAC MANIAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom