Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community First, PvP Second - A Mindset Suggestion

Draven Carter

Imperial Agent (Mirrorverse)
First off, I would like to say that this issue of PvP is the reason why I like to write non-Force users that have issues and personality quirks that either help them focus on combat, but struggle in other fields or have problems in the field of combat. And yes, even my Banner/Hulk character has issues that restrict him from being used to break PvP. I haven't even gone Hulk mode yet and I was still getting flak about Bhaltair Dhimani.

[member="Graaf Zalec"]

Graaf Zalec said:
PvP = A really fun time Communicating with other Writers OOC and then translating that into IC. xD
XD
That's a HIGHLY situational statement about human beings and competition.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

You're my favorite Disney Princess. Your post was very well put.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

I have no reason to not trust you, so I'll simply say, "I'm glad they're turning the boat around" and leave it at that.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Better at Monopoly? 1v1 me, breh. I'll fong you straight to Frescoe's. Swear on me mum.

[member="Neiros Starwind"]

Yeah? Well, survive THIS! *Throws adorable kitten at your face*
Two-Faced-Kitten3.jpg

I've won a total of.... no PvP fights. Well, I had a tie once, but in reality, that was the best I got. I go into fights thinking realistically from my standpoint.

"My character is an acolyte, I'm facing a Knight/Master. The most likely outcome is defeat, so lets play to that outcome. If I see an opportunity to outsmart my opponent from an IC perspective, I'll do it. If not, I lose and my character develops."

There comes a certain point when most members look at their character and think something along the lines of "I'm strong now." When I hit my Knight rank, a world of opportunity arose for this character. This character had a lot more they could learn and do without me having to powergame or god mod. A lot of people come to a certain aspect of character growth or development and get that mindset of "I'm much stronger and am much more difficult to defeat." Plus, a lot of people who tend to play characters built to fight, refuse to lose. It's not because they are bratty or child-like, but it's because they created a character made specifically for combat. With all that being said, a lot of people who play those characters, who've I've interacted with specifically, have a very childlike view of the battle.

"I'm a Sith Knight, I'm a warrior, MY MARTIAL PROWESS IS EXTREME."

I'm not saying the Sith are whiny. What I'm saying is a lot of Sith-type characters have the mindset of being made for battle. So they can't lose because a Jedi isn't made for battle. A Jedi's growth is slower going. But when they finally come to peace in their minds. When they feel no fear, when they are at their peak... The only point when they can go toe to toe with a Sith and should easily be able to win.... they lose.

My opinion is a simple one. Be realistic OOC and be fair IC. If you aren't, you're likely part of the problem.

Also... Lots of bias in faction admins deciding who wins or loses. Should probably leave that up to a third party. Or maybe we could have some sort of group that... judges... roleplay. If only we had people who could just judge... roleplay.... Could be named... Judges of Roleplay? Or maybe... A Roleplay Judge? Who knows, JUST SPIT BALLIN HERE.

Its easy to write your opinion when the reports/complaints don't come your way. I wish we all remembered these "feel good" discussions when the blood pressure started rising.

Sadly this is not ever the case. I cannot fix people, but I can fix rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom