Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commenor - The Old Republic "Cold War"

Fellow players, creators and SW fans in general, greetings from Greece....this thread is about a pen and paper mini-campaign i ll be running in a local gamer's shop and the focus of the campaign will be Commenor in the Old Republic, the purpose for this thread is for anybody to contribute or point out to lore, events, geography, statistics and anything that would be useful in fleshing out and providing useful details to make the experience of the players more memorable and enjoyable. On my behalf, any detail i'll be "chipping in", if it can be applicable to anybody's game or lore creation, by all means use it, have fun and please let me know how it was incorporated in Your game and if it was fun and/or helped the progress of Your gaming experience, after all these are all "Legends" :cool:

This timeline is set between the years 3653 BBY (0 ATC) and 3642 BBY (9 ATC), those were the years between the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant and the re-commencement of hostilities between The Republic and The Sith and this exact timeframe came to be called "Cold War" ( maybe reminding our world's "Soviet vs West Cold War" era feeling??)

More About the Treaty : https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Treaty_of_Coruscant

More about the "Cold War" : https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cold_War

The basis for my campaign is that in one of the "sub-protocols" of the Treaty, various worlds (Commenor included) came to be de-militarized and to be consider as "neutral grounds" where the policing/defence would fall in the authority of local forces and the only armed presence of Republic/Sith would be the absolutely minimal demanded for diplomatic/ambassadorial security reasons and at any time could not go anywhere beyond a 1:1 ratio (1 Republic military Unit for 1 Sith military Unit).

Of course this does not mean that the war is over, it is simply conducted by other means.

The Sith Empire's Department of Logistics through agents and proxies has set up companies that conduct aggressive by-outs on various industries on Commenor and replace personnel with obvious Republic ties. Of Course within the Empire there are many who don't believe in the Treaty would like to undermine it, like for instance the newly positioned Imperial Ambassador on Commenor, a formerly High Level Military Officer with an agenda of his own (more about this on later posts...)

The Republic operates through humanitarian NGOs, lke the "Peace Brigade" ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Peace_Brigade_(Cold_War) )

The Local Administration has to balance between local interests, neutrality and implementing solutions on issues that not long in the past were within the responsibilities of the Republic.
Some material on how Commenor political system at the time.
The idea is for Ruling council of 12 members of 30 year term for each individual member, 3 members from each of the 4 main cities and each year, one of these 12 members has a vote that counts for two (-Primus Inter Pares-) , only in case of votings that come to tie. Any new council member, can be vetoed even by only one member of the current council, so admission has to be unanimous. Besides the Ruling Council (that overseers all the administrative issues) there is a second "body" the Legislative Branch that is made out of again 12 lawmakers (thinkers-philosophers) that have the responsibility of drafting laws and guiding the direction of the Civilization in an independent way from the Ruling Council. The only "hold" that the RC has over the LB, is that the RC as a body can veto a new LB candidate or a new proposed law but cannot ask for a law or not enforce a law, as soon is it instituted.
The 3rd "body" is the Armed Forces (AF) that also conducts policing duties which is divided into Airo-Space Division, Planet Surface Division and Information-Cyber Division. Any member of the AF is enlisted for 3 year contracts and after 3 such contracts can request to remain in the AF for another 21 years. From that pool of people who are to serve for 21 years, the officers of the AF are chosen, the advancement of all AF personnel is decided by the commanding officers but in the end the final say, is in the hands of the RC.
Keep in mind that this system is by no means a perfect one but it has been generated as an attempt to balance, that can also leave plenty room for quests and plot seeding.

In Subsequent days, i ll be posting more details about my mini-campaign ideas and what i have drafted until now. I have a stock of NPCs and background stories and the idea is of a "Cloak and Dagger" - "Cold War" campaign, where sides must be chosen and everything builds up before the new inevitable War.

So if anybody is interested, You can post Your ideas or DM me... Thanks for your time....

latest

cold war it is

One of the main NPCs - adversaries in the mini campaign is going to be the Imperial Ambassador (proper name to be given later so for the time being just the Ambassador), as discussed above is a disgruntled former fleet Admiral, who sees the Treaty of Coruscant as a wrong move that makes the sacrifice of his troops empty of any meaning, the Republic could have been crushed completely and the Treaty, simply gave it a second chance. Besides that he sees his appointment on Commenor as a demotion and has lost his Faith both to the Emperor and the Empire, so although for the shake of appearances (and his personal safety) he must "play by the rules" and implement Imperial Policy, while at the same time he will not only take measures to support a more personal/sinister agenda but also will make any move within his powers, to re-ignite Wat, as long as this can be achieved without any clues pointing his way and preferably if it could be blamed on the Republicans.

As an Ambassador he has certain resources to utilise, like the Embassy's Administrative Personnel, the Security Detachment , the Publicity (Information) Department, and his "Spiritual Matters Counselor" (-a Sith posted on the planet for various purposes, to keep an eye on the Ambassador himself not excluded-)

In order though to further his own personnel agenda (that in times of high optimism, go in the direction of "far fetched plans" , like an independent Commenor, under His bidding, balancing between two opposing behemoths (The Empire and The Republic) the Ambassador has cultivaded a second "alias' that of the "Overlord".
As the Overlord, some of his personal resources include the "eyes" (a duo of ex-ciphers) and the "NewKids" a swoop gang that operates mainly on Chasin City and whose leader is a direct "pawn" for the Overlord.

Off to my other daily endeavours, have a nice day and as usual.... if anybody is interested, You can post Your ideas or DM me... Thanks for your time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom