Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Comet Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex

xg9BKJn.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a multi-role starfighter for the Galactic Alliance.
  • Canon Link: Not Applicable
  • Image Source: Sebastien Kaczorowski
  • Permissions: Not Applicable
  • Primary Source: Not Applicable
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Missiles — The Comet was equipped with a short-ranged Missile Deactivation Transmitter, which provides the nimble starfighter the ability to deactivate incoming missiles within a kilometer area.
  • Maneuverability — The Comet was designed with maneuverability in mind. This starfighter can soar and swerve to evade enemy fire.
  • Drop Net — The Comet has a single Connor Net to entangle an enemy that's directly behind it's aft.
WEAKNESSES
  • Electromagnetic Vulnerability — The Comet can experience electronic disturbances from electromagnetic pulses, either from Ion Cannons or from natural phenomena.
  • Forward Firing Arc — The Comet's armaments, its laser cannons and torpedo launchers, are fixed and forward-facing, which forces this starfighter to get behind or before enemy targets to afflict damage.
  • Corvettes — The Comet is vulnerable to point defense lasers that anti-starfighter corvettes are equipped with.
v67u9H1.png

DESCRIPTION
The Federal Cooperative has historically made most of its credits from leaning on classic designs that emerged during the aughts in the midst of the Galactic Civil War. With the emergence of a plethora of new companies innovating on ways to kill people, the Federal Cooperative initiated a new production line in 844 ABY -- the Aurebesh Series, a new generation of starfighters and bombers that would gradually phase out some of their aging reproductions. Project Aurek was the first to be initiated, the objective of the design team was to design a new cost-effective starfighter to serve in general roles. Drawing inspiration from the E-Wing and X-Wing that came before, the design team would come-up with the AS-01a Comet Starfighter. The installed a cutting-edge system to deal with enemy missiles, and to distinguish themselves, they provided the starfighter a unique tool to its kit -- a drop net. The new starfighter entered into production in 846 ABY, becoming a staple for independent systems.

Last edited:
Ingenium Ingenium - Much like the Outrider submission, my only hang-up is the Small Cohort weakness. As I mentioned on that submission, you're more than welcome to keep the weakness in the appropriate section, however something will need to replace it in order to be balanced in my eyes. I've mentioned fixed weaponry already, but you're welcome to put in something else if you decide.

Feel free to @mention me when you're done, and we'll see about passing these off for a secondary review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom