Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Come on Kala Light my Kyber

simranjeet-singh-samp.jpg

This place was absolutely awful in many ways, most of if didn't have any form civilization to speak of. It was damp, humid and musky with a just simply appalling smell that festered around the nostrils and latched into your mind. Clearly the people that called this place home had no appreciation for art, or beauty or basic decency. Just look at the Mimbanese over there with their ridiculous stilts. Though right now the thought of committing the fashion atrocity of wearing stilts and the literal bird's nest they draped over themselves was starting to have an alluring appeal for Maya. That was the real dread of this place, it tried to strip you down to it's level.

Hopefully though all this hiking through the mud in boots instead of heels and having to take care to hike her dress' skirt up to avoid it getting stabbed, ganked and murdered by the mud would bear something worthwhile through the suffering. After all she was going to get a Kyber crystal! Hopefully, maybe, fleetingly. She still was unsure why her guide for this trip decided on this planet situated in the miserable hold of them silly silly Jedi. Why not Lothal? Or Dantooine? It really was most pecuilar but then again Kala already seemed to be the in the realm of the unusual. Most Sith were bores of misery and overdone edge. She seemed awfully chipper by contrast.

Mind shifted back on the target she was aiming for again: Kyber Crystals! Maya's mind raced at the possibilities of what she could do with just one, sure there was making a lightsaber but that just seemed so... obvious. It was a veritable manifestation of the force in a way, a living inorganic, a material that had a soul. Possibilities were limitless! Maybe she could replace the boring gemstone eyes in her cane with the Kyber crystals, maybe she could use that to turn that tool into more than a simple prop. Perhaps there were a few rituals or alchemical recipes that she could learn that would necessitate a Kyber crystal. Who knows maybe she could make a soul gem and then capture mother and father in it so she could torture them for all eternity. Make them suffer through a millennia of constant ridicule and slavery. So many more ideas than just a boring light saber but first she would need to get one and study it.

As she dredged through the mud following behind Kala one step would have her boot sink deeply into the mud causing her foot to catch. Maya would begin to teeter before she grabbed her cane and jabbed it into the mud catching herself, her body twitching from the sheer horrifying idea that her entire dress could have been ruined in one simple misstep. She freed her stuck foot grimacing in dismay at the mud that caked the entire thing, only to then notice that the edges of her dress had finally gotten their first tainting marks of brown. Standing back up she would look at Kala and looked behind as the endless mist meant that everything looked the same and her mind was unable to determine whether or not they had any progress towards their little mining spot. With a sigh she asked her guide the most infamous and heinous set of words one could even begin to muster.

"Are we there yet?"

Kalanda Tishire

Kalanda Tishire

K
Her apprentice probably thought she was crazy, and that was fine; alot of people didn't understand her quirks, except for Murmur. Trudging through swamp water wasn't exactly on the top of most peoples to do list, but Kalanda didn't mind. Mimban was a lush world, vibrant with life, full of energy that pulsated through the world. In a way it reminded her of Dathomir, only less dark, more...balanced. At times she missed the red world, the way the Singing Mountains rang, the rush of the forest canopy as she raced along the roots, the calls from the dark recesses of the wilderness that toyed with her curiosity. But she was a young naive child back then, blind to the danger, driven forward by a lust for knowing, enjoying the freedom she hadn't know. It wouldn't be the same if she went back, and she wasn't even sure if she could anymore.

She hummed to herself as she moved along, listening to the quiet protests of her apprentice, only smiling at the turmoil of thoughts that the young woman was concealing. She was quirky as well, though she denied it, Kala had seen through it. She had a gift aside from her music, a desire to make art and use it as a tool for her betterment. Such an interesting line of thinking was what drew Kala to her, and against Murmur's protests, Kala had gone off the reservation; or whatever the term was. It shouldn't have worked that way, after all, Kala was technically only an apprentice herself, but her skill in sorcery rivaled that of some of the minor Darths. She would have to take the knight trials at some point, but she could put that off for a time. She never cared for rank anyways.

They had come for a kyber crystal, after all, Mala deserved only the best for her lightsaber; Kala knew she had family troubles after all. Even if this whole ordeal was a pain in the rear, she knew the girl would appreciate the efforts in the end. Guided by the trial of ichor from her spell, Kala looked to the palm of her hand, watching as the green magicks flickered back and forth, moving like a compass as it obeyed it's masters commands. She heard a panicked sound behind her and paused, letting the girl get a grip on her situation before pressing forward. Kala suppressed the urge to laugh as she woman sighed, asking the words every parent dreaded to hear while on a trip: 'Are we there yet?' The witch turned to face her companion, seeing a swirl of doubt, confusion, and suppressed anger welling up in her. Showing the green magick pulsating on her hand, Kalanda spoke. "Well, the more my magick reacts, the closer we are to our destination. So, I would say we are close." She studied it for a bit, trying to work out how much further they truly had to go. "How is your dress by the way? I'm sorry, I should have warned you to wear something more befitting of this work." It truly had slipped Kalanda's mind, having forgot the noble ties of her apprentice. On the bright side, they were very near to the site, but there was at least another thirty minutes in store.

Maya Bir Sinvala Maya Bir Sinvala

Last edited by a moderator:
The green magick had more than captivated her eyes absorbed the pulsating energy. That was just another question, how did it work, why did it stretch far and beyond and could she one day tap into it's possibilities? It made her briefly forget about the dress. Her mind was always like this one moment wrapped in some slight before it being dropped by the advent of curiosity. It was there before she found that she had gifts and a means to channel them but now, well when you told someone that they had a near limitless source of power within them, it was only natural. Especially when in a way it was unique and beholden only to her, no one else could make comparisons or try to claim that it came from the shadows of others. Maya very much liked that.

Heavens, she nearly missed Kalanda's question as the words had taken a few moments of audible silence to finally hit the fast wave of thoughts from Maya. Maya's eyes widen a smidgen and her pale complexion starting to take on a few shades of pink. She didn't want to look aloof or even worse unmotivated. Her parents scolding of such moments having been drilled into her mind with fear acting as it's thread locker.

"oh oh oh, uh I'm fine, I'm sure it'll probably wash out and look fit for an Alderaanian Noble Ball in no time." She tried to sell with a smile. It probably wouldn't, unless the Sith spell tomes pertained had a diabolical array of powerful Sith cleaning spells. Underneath the witch was just holding a wave of jealousy at Kalanda's snazzy chic, that could easily be made practical. Still at least they were... however far the word close meant. Perhaps she could divinate a few gleams of information as she started to walk with Kalanda again. Thoughts turning to that wondrous green magick.

"Though I'll worry about it less if you could indulge me a bit. Just a small little thing that's been on my mind. I hope I'm not asking too much but... How does your magick work?" She asked an almost juvenile amount of zeal baked into every word when she finally asked the question. She was fighting the urge to just launch into a tirade of questions and possibilities as she awaited for an answer from Kalanda.

Kalanda Tishire

Kalanda Tishire

K
Poor girl, she didn't know what to do with herself it seemed. But that was okay, this was certainly out of her element, perhaps Kala would take her somewhere more fitting once they were back in Sith space. She wouldn't get annoyed at the observed reluctance in her companion, Kala was the understanding sort after all. "Well, let me know if you need help. I used to live in a place like this. I know all about getting those stains out, so don't fret. You're lovely dress will not die this day." She mused, an obvious touch of humor to her words. She had to have fun with her potential friend, if not what was the point of having one? Well, other than training.

A thud of enthusiasm stuck at her, as she found the woman was curious about what the magick was and how it worked. Kalanda was excited, she never got to explain how her magicks worked, and most the time she didn't feel comfortable telling others about it. Still using the magick as a compass, the witch prepared to go onto a lengthy explanation. "I'm so glad you asked. It's a topic that is widely up for debate." She looked to the fog cover skies, her blind sight punctured through the mist and looked to the shifting auras above. "We draw magick from the force, but it's different. Think of the force as an ocean, and we draw from the rivers that flow out to it. But, to draw from this river you must drink from it, become accepted by it. Hence where the ichor I carry comes from. Without it, I wouldn't be able to use any of this. Maybe one day, I can initiate you in the ways." The smile twisted into a grin, as Kala looked back to the girl. "Of course, that's assuming you can handle the training that comes before it. Though your master probably wouldn't like it." She could feel the magick responding to the proximity to the site, they would be there soon, and hopefully the jedi of this world would be none the wiser. "Oh. And try to keep your mind calm as we get nearer. The guardians on this world sense strong negative emotions. It's rumored that Darth Vader himself was nearly killed by the entities that live here. Though that was so very long ago....I'd rather not risk it, you know?" Kala was still versed in her galactic lore, being a doctor and a witch practically called for such an expertise after all.

Maya's light pink complexion started to get a touch more pink as Kalanda continued on about the dress. Secretly she would love the help and would conspire to ask later after there field trip was done, though that quickly faded away when Kala had addressed the big alluring bantha in the room for Maya. She took in each word as the new pieces of information was likely a new kernel to draw new conclusions in her mind. Maya being completely unaware of her guide and master at the moment paying attention to where they were going.

The answer she got was clearly just the glimmering surface, she was familiar with the fact that magick all came from the force, that was something she was taught when she was first introduced to the concept. But the exclusivity of this brand... now that was just the tip of an iceberg of pondering. That and the mention of the Ichor. All very Tantalizing. Off course just before she was ready to lay waste and onslaught of queries there was the mention of training which caused Maya to straighten her back up and quicken her pace. Her eyes narrowed a bit and her smile drooped slightly to put on a more serious face.

"I'm more than ready for any training that this could entail. Besides I just have to know: What makes this special from say normal Sith magic? How do you carry this place's power with you? What-do-you-mean-accepted-by-it? isitlikesomesortofentityinthenether?aspirit?Whatcanyoudowithit?doiesitdrainlikenormalmagic?doesitimbueyourbodywithotherabilities?..." Maya's speech had grown faster and more racing before blurring into a mess of rabid desire before it was dashed by the reminder from Kalanda to keep calm. That's right there were Jedi that would most certainly kill any fun if she let them sense the brilliant power of the black sun within her.

"Oh right, that would be most messy." Maya had replied quickly as her mind grinded to a halt and recentered. She breathed for a bit to slow her mind down.

"...Tranquil as a forest
But a fire within..."

Maya had softly sung to herself as a reminder of the energy and air that would be needed in order to deceive and pass right under the nose of those burning fools. Her mind tracing back to the face she had to put on when talking to the public at large or during massive parties her parents occasionally had. Not realizing that Kala had likely heard her first little bit of song from Maya.

Kalanda Tishire

Kalanda Tishire

K
She had caught the girl's attention it seemed, which was a delight to the witch in truth. It was rare anyone took interest in her art, though she speculated that Maya felt the same about her own brand of art as well. The bubbling series of questions was almost too much for Kala, but not too much exactly. She knew what she was doing after all, and she was a master of her craft. She answered each question with as quick as a response as she could muster. It was funny that the girl thought herself ready, in truth she was no where near close to it. All in good time however. "Not yet you aren't. You need sufficient will power and strength of character to survive the bonding, and you lack both of those at current. Now what makes it different from Sith Magick is that it pulls on the life energies of the world, unlike Sith magick which just calls upon the nature of the darkside. Now for how I carry it with me, it's just part of me after the bonding, it's not a big deal. It's like knowing you can channel the force, you just take it and go."

As the questions melded into almost in-cohesive nonsense, Kala only smiled, noted what she could, and answered back to the girl once she had settled down. It helped to be a doctor, you caught all the small details; well, the good ones did at least. "The bonding is a ritual, where the ichor has to accept you, if not you go insane. Very unpleasant, hence the training first! Like I said, it's different. You'll find out when it's time, but it does give me special powers. Not strength, but...utility, and the ability to draw upon power most force users can't dabble in." It seemed the woman had calmed down with her warning, which was good, else Kala would have to give her a small scolding; only small however, she wasn't a Mur about it. To her surprise, she recognized the song the woman sung, and despite herself, Kala couldn't help but respond back in kind.

"Once you find your center,
You are sure to win..."

She had heard the song before, years ago in her youth, though she could not place where it had come from. The memory was pleasant however, one of the few she could lay claim to in her past. Though she was sure Maya would be surprised by the witches response. Kala enjoyed a good song now and then, and they had a bit further to go; though the shape of something was coming into focus in the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom