Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Come Lift My Spirits!

Outfit: Jedi Garb
Tags: Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest

Dreidi had spent several sessions going over Battle Meditation and the benefits of being able to use it in battle. She had done time with Asaraa pouring over texts and analysing the holocrons from Masters in this craft, like she did for all the Force powers that she wanted to learn. However, she was still unsure on how to work it efficiently. She could do it to lift the spirits of those around her and influence their skills but it would be all she was doing. Solely focused on that, that she could fight or use another Force power or use her Magick and that just didn't seem sensible or correct. She had seen others perform it and still fight, even mix other Force powers with it. So, being on Coruscant, surrounded by plenty of Jedi, many that had been in war and could offer advice on how to use Battle Meditation efficiently in a combat situation, Dreidi thought it was the perfect group of people to request a lesson from. At least a refresher or helping her to advance, she was curious to see what would be on offer for her.

Luckily some Jedi Knight by the name of Luric Ee'everwest had accepted her offer and they agreed a training room and time to meet up. Dreidi was wearing her standard Jedi garbs, freshly washed and still a bit warm from being in the dryer which was just heavenly. Her hair was tied up into a loose bun and she cracked her knuckles as she headed towards the meeting point, it was pretty early on in the morning and Dreidi was sipping some caf she had made in a thermal mug. It was going to be interesting to see how this Luric person would be as a teacher, she prayed that he would not be someone who clearly had a stick up their butt. There were a lot of stiff Jedi around and Dreidi was a little disappointed that there weren't more carefree, fun and loving life people around. People who enjoyed being a bit chaotic, just to bring levity to dark, grim situation that they were all in.

Arriving at the location, Dreidi continued to sip her caf and feel the warmth spread. It was certainly feeling chillier as of late but she was never sure if that was just the weather or potentially something one could feel through the Force. She hoped it was just the former.

robert-mccoy-final-render2.jpg

Coruscant
The Jedi Temple

Standing there, he'd watched the young Padawan intently for some time. It was always the same story, told in different ways, but following similar lines. Through the Living Force, the Atrisian Knight could feel her emotions, strong as they may be, even if she herself was unaware of them. She projected herself into the Force, perhaps unknowingly. The way she moved as she walked toward the training dojo they had agreed upon, the way she seemingly popped her knuckles, absently taking sips from a tumbler she had with her. Always focused on what may come, and never where they were, the Padawans of today seemed to be.

Granted, he was still young himself, only twenty one years of age, but he had an aire about him of an old soul. He was always mindful of not only his surroundings, but of himself. And so, he silently moved from where he'd been standing, not far away from the entrance to the room at all. Wearing his customary robes, his lightsaber hilt dangling securely on his left hip, he made his way toward Dreidi. Once inside the room proper, he bowed lightly to her, a warm smile upon his face as was his custom. His voice radiated care and concern, his aura that of one who sought only to be of service. He was, after all, a Consular. He sought to help his fellow Jedi to become more in tune with the Living Force, and to draw from it as it drew from all of them.

"Greetings and salutations, Padawan. I am Knight Luric Ee'everwest. It does my heart well to meet you." he said, that trademark smile of his never fading.

Ah. So, Luric had the air of someone that Dreidi always hated in the Jedi Order. This air of maturity that had not been earnt through life, the 'I know better because I am older' style of thinking. The type that used titles. People might call it 'old soul', 'young wisdom' or 'traditionist' but Dreidi saw it as limiting and stereotyping. Mostly because of the experiences her parents had shared when she was younger, the fact that her Master and older sister would rather be a part of a faction known to be run by Sith Lords as a Jedi than be part of the New Jedi Order. There was a lot that was left lingering in Dreidi's mouth that wasn't necessarily pleased that she was going to have to confront someone that did not like she used the Dark Side or that she used Magick as freely as she did.

Also, the constant smile felt slightly creepy. Like did he smile like this when fighting Sith? Was he smiling to hide that he was secretly a serial killer? Who smiles all the time?!

However, Dreidi needed to keep it cool for now, she was still a Padawan and she didn't even know the guy to go around accusing him of being some kind of creepy serial killer. For now, she might as well be glad for the fact that there was another person she could connect with and work towards beating some day. And make sure not to accept any drinks from him... Just on the off chance she was entirely correct. Better to apologise for being wrong then being right and dead.

"Can call me Dreidi. Everyone else does. Cool to meet you too..." Does my heart well.... Why phrase it like that?! Is he a cannibal? Though technically they weren't the same race, but still... Was he a cannibal?! "Here to show me some tricks to Battle Meditation?" Dreidi needed more evidence before she declared cannibal, her eyes scanning for any obvious cannibal signs....

Coruscant
The Jedi Temple

Tags: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

div-orange.png

"Dreidi it is, if that is your wish." he said, taking off his boots and sitting upon the floor. It was his custom to do so when talking about such things, and trying to teach them to others. He assumed the lotus position, placing his boots to the side of him, and motioned for Dreidi to sit opposite of him.

Luric could feel her apprehension, that she was nary so quick to simply accept him for who he was. No, he could feel her reservations, and even so, he could see them upon her face, hear them in the tone of her voice. He was not just a student of the Force like she, but he was also a student of the humanoid condition. He was one who learned to read people. It was part of his his whole philosophy in life. How to resolve conflict with doing harm was paramount, but not always an option. Yet sometimes, there were those who needed to be bolstered, their spirits lifted up, so that they might have the strength and will to push forward.

"Indeed I am, but first thing is first. Tell me, young Dreidi, why do you seem so troubled this day, hmm?"

Dreidi was still very unsure of this guy, the way he spoke was weird and his attitude to this whole deal was strange. She knew some people were different in their views, beliefs and upbringing but there was something unnerving. As if he was testing her but at the same time wanting to creep her out, which was strange way to approach training someone since wanting to creep someone out was completely wrong. Jump scares and pranks were one thing, this felt different.

As he assumed some kind of meditative stance, Dreidi's eyes never wavered from him, focused on assessing him and ready to take him down if the time called for it. Cautiously, she lowered to sit down in a normal position as she watched, waited and listened. He was inquiring why she felt at edge, she wanted to call him cannibal and strike him down but she held back. The Jedi around here wanted restraint and evidence before things like that happened even if a person's life was at risk, restraint and undeniable facts that she had no choice.

"I am just Dreidi, if I can count our age difference on one hand then you don't get to use young." Dreidi stated firmly, she wasn't having this fake creepy honorific using guy call her young. Using young made everything creepy. "If going around calling elders old is concerned rude and improper, using the term young should be seen in the same light." Dreidi pointed out as she didn't answer his question, "so, I am here to learn some more about battle meditation. I can use it but whenever I try, it is taking my full concentration, meaning I cannot be helpful in fighting while using it. Which isn't great since I am mostly a fighter not a support style Jedi."

See how he responds to this. That should give her some more insight.

Coruscant
The Jedi Temple

div-orange.png

"Well, Just Dreidi, to call one young is not always a comment upon their physical age." came his reply. As she sat down across from him upon the dojo floor, he could sense her emotions begin to get the better of herself. Such chaos was woven into this girl's soul, you'd have to be Force Dead to not feel it. "I have never once considered it rude calling someone who is old, old. Nor someone who is young, young. Still, that is neither here nor there, hmm?" he said, chuckling a bit.

Stretching his neck, he craned it to either side, a few audible cracks emanating from the vertebrae as he did. "Now, let us move forward in today's lesson. Tell me, Dreidi, when you reach out into the Force to call upon it to bolster not only yourself but others, what is it that you feel in your heart when you do so?"

She might find him speaking in riddles, or perhaps even making little sense. But if she were sincere about learning more, as he hoped she was, then perhaps she would take the time to truly ponder the question without being so quick to make assumptions. He could feel conflict still swirling within her, it was plain as day. he only hoped he might be able to help her achieve a modicum of peace within their talks this day.

Just Dreidi? Was he really trying to dad joke his way out. Dreidi didn't even think her own father made jokes as poor as that when he was alive. Well, maybe he did and she was a child so she found them much funnier but this was just terrible. "Yeah, well, you haven't been beaten by an elderly person for pointing out that their age makes them a danger on a speeder." Dreidi pointed out, "and while you might not consider it offensive or rude, doesn't mean the person on the other side of the conversation feels the same as you. Should always consider how your words will be interpreted and not be so narrow in your social thinking." Dreidi lectured, now wondering if this guy was a Jedi Knight or if she needed to take his position if she was teaching him basic social etiquettes.

Leaning back, Dreidi thought hard about the question pondered to her. What did she feel when she used the Force? Magick, that felt like something ancient, ancestral and arcane but what did it feel like when she used the Force? For most of her life, she just simply used the Force to cause havoc, she would even from an infant age, use the Force to cause chaos and mayhem in the family home. So, she hadn't really thought about a feeling or sensation that came with the Force since it some ways, it was no different to her breathing air or walking.

"I am not sure. I tend to have a want of helping, to ensure that people are saved, alive and well. To use my power, my gifts to save the best I can. The anxieties of not being able to do enough. To not have the power to save everyone that I need to, that I should as a Jedi." Dreidi shrugged since that was the best that she could think of when it came to using the power.

Coruscant
The Jedi Temple

div-orange.png

Luric nodded as she spoke on the concepts of rudeness and offense. He sat there, pondering a moment. "Hmm." he uttered quietly. "You make a good point, Dreidi. But consider this; What if what I say offends you, but not someone else? Offense is a personal choice. While you may have decided that you will take offense to something someone says, it is not that persons responsibility to manage your emotions. Only their own."

Luric paused, and took a deep breath. Inhale quickly, exhale slowly. He repeated this a few more times. "This leads us to the subject at hand. Battle Meditation is a skill Jedi use in a much more grandiose scale. It has been used by ancient masters long since becoming one with the Force, to current Masters of the Order such as Master Noble, or Master Vanagor to win entire wars. You seek to use this ability in a more focused way. As such, you must learn to master your own emotional state. To use this ability is to touch upon the emotions of others. Not to manage them, however, but to amplify them. Without a solid handle upon one's own emotional state, this power takes much more focus to achieve, and this is why you might find that when you tap into it, you are unable to do much else at the same time."

There was always a reasoning behind everything Luric did. Some may not see it right away, others may never see it at all. But there was always a reason, and he hoped that perhaps she might begin to see it now.

Last edited:

"When someone is truly offended, it is not a choice. It might be subjective, but there is no choosing what you dislike or like. You don't choose the foods that you hate or love, you cannot choose these things." Dreidi stated, countering Luric as they spoke. Arguing was a skill that Dreidi had honed as a teenager. "While offense is subjective yes and differs wildly, you can still control what you say, how you say it and offer apologies when you are informed that you have offended and rectify it. It is on you to adjust. Just like you adjust to an opponent in a fight, you must adjust to people when speaking to them." Dreidi voice was firm and fairly neutral in tone. "It is also on the person offended to inform, and explain why certain things offend, it might not be necessary but it can be helpful in understanding where they come from."

Dreidi cocked an eyebrow, "making a lot of bold assumptions about my emotional state there. How do you know that I don't already have full control over my emotions?" Dreidi was curious, she was never going to deny that this could be the reason why she was failing but she was curious to see where the assumption of her lack of control in her emotions came from since he had known her all for five minutes and while they had a discussion, or debate, she hadn't exactly shown a lack of composure or had a sudden dramatic outburst.

Thoughts of cannibal Jedi were slipping away to seeing Luric more as a stiff, by the books style Jedi that Dreidi usually resented in working with because they were never fun on missions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom