Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech combat shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Hand held shield capable of withstanding a lightsaber's strike
Development Thread: none at the moment... can do one up though if needed
Manufacturer: Lussk Logistics
Model: heater shield
Affiliation: Lords of the Fringe
Modularity: standard shield customization as to image on shield
Production: unique
Material: Phrik
Description: Heater shield style phrick shield that would allow for protection in melee combant against vibroblades and lightsabers. When not in use the shield would strap to the user's back allowing him full use of his hands however once strapped to his arm he would be limited to using weapons which required only one hand such as blasters or a melee weapon.

The shield itself would be made of a dual layer of phrick to provide optimum protection against a lightsaber's blow and prolonged contact. On the user's end would a be a layer of armorweave to provide padding against the shock of a blow and a last layer of protection against the energy and heat output of a lightsaber.
Classification:its main purpose would be anti-melee though it could be used against blaster fire
Weight: 15kg
Quality:7
Other Feature(s):

((First shot at one of these lemme know if its simply horrendous or what I can do to make it better... TY))

Heyo, welcome to the Factory.

First rule of the factory is that we never, ever allow mass-produced anti-lightsaber materials. The cost is prohibitive for anything over minor production, and we vastly prefer anything that resists lightsabers to be unique. This is a point we don't budge on. If you want to decrease production, we can work on passing this through, but mass-produced gear can never be lightsaber resistant.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Alright, from here.
  • The description is very cluttered. This is three layers of phrik, an incredibly expensive and extremely heavy metal, but the description refers in several places to being "cost efficient" and "mass-produced."
  • Unique production means that there is one copy of the shield. Minor means there is a small number (a couple hundred, maybe), while Limited production means that shields are produced for a specified group of people.
  • Your weight is closer to correct. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but phrik is super heavy, and a 40-60lb shield is about accurate for three plates of it.
Clean the description up and we'll continue.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

sorry did some quick research on wookieepedia must have misunderstood what I was reading my understanding was that Phrick was light and no I just like to write on no sleep and be a silly fool :)... i'll apologize now.... fixing... fixed.... sorry feeling a bit silly at this point lemme know if that is any better... and yeah was figuring towards 30ish pounds meant it to be two layers not three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom