Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Reception

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Daine Saria"]

"Not really, I have heard crazy from some one of the others I have heard and seen." She was standing there to hand them back to her. "Keep them for yourself and you can remember the good and that bad that came with them." It wasn't much but who knew there might be some of the good from her memories for it. They were just sabers a tool that could be replaced instead of something most needed to keep. "A lightsaber is an extension of a jedi but when they are dead all that remains is the sabers and some things they might have collected. Having these be in the hands of a good person honors them more." She said it to try and ease the tension and make her feel better. "And you seem more a good person then some."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Daine shifted in her seat as the woman spoke, feeling the metal warm as she kept her fingers curled around them. They were testaments to one of the worst moments in her life, but for some reason, it felt better knowing they existed and that she had made it through to be looking at them now. Even if they did make her feel a little odd. She tucked them away back in their wrappings and putting them back, safe and tucked away.

"Not like I'm using them for what they're supposed to be used for," She said finally with a snort. "I'd probably cut my own hand off."

She briefly checked their progress and the ship was clipping along at a steady speed. It'd be some time but so far they weren't running into anything major and the sensors were picking up enough ahead of them to alert her if they needed to shift course.

"You're kind for saying that when you've just met me," Daine said, chuckling. The brunette spacer didn't think of herself as quite good, but then again a lot of people she knew who were rotten thought themselves paragons of virtue. She sat back in the seat across from her new employer and she crossed one of her legs so her foot rested on the opposite knee, leaning back into the comfortable leather. "What's it like, being a Jedi? All mystical and grand with epic quests across the stars?"

[member="Daine Saria"]

"Is there a reason I shouldn't think that?" Looking over at her while she she thought about it with a small grin on her face. "Sure you might not be pristine but no one is, even the most noble pretenders." Then the question as she thought about it and stood there with a small smile on her face. "Being a jedi is all I have ever known and it have been the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. One can do many good deeds for all of the people while the other is just working to meditate and be a better person." She said it but there was a lot to work with while her attention was over some of the things. Clasping her hands ion front of herself. "What about you? What fun and exciting adventures do you have transporting."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I'm a for-hire pilot, a for-hire gun, part-time smuggler," Daine shrugged and fiddled with the end of her sleeve. The brunette tugged idly on a loose thread , short but making her aware her favorite shirt was probably in need of repair or replacement. "It's not the prettiest profession let alone one that lets you be squeaky clean." She hadn't killed a person before the mutiny aboard her father's ship, but since...well that was a different story.

How serene Jedi life sounded. She couldn't blame the woman for her happiness, even as a twist of jealousy hit her in the gut. It had been a long while since she'd ever thought of that kind of peace. Even her tiny shack on Induomoundo could not compare to the feeling of home practically resonating from her new employer as she spoke her of life amidst the light side. Daine grimaced as she asked about the adventures of a transporter.

"Transporting is simple, though depends on what you're moving. These, for instance," She motioning to where the saber hilts rested, "brought nothing but trouble. If someone wants whatever it is you've got, you can expect a fight, boarding, or worse." Diane pushed hair from her face, running a hand down her temple. "Bodyguard work for a few in trade federations or conglomerates has proven to be exciting, the occasional assassin can make that line of work adrenaline filled." Exciting yet she had the blaster scars to show how dangerous that line of work could be.

[member="Daine Saria"]

"Well I can't promise any of the excitement you are used to but you seem to have a good heart my dear and if you like I can pay you to be my transporter. It isn't always the best but steady pay and we can give you access to technology many others can't get a hold of. I can even offer you a home in some of our new house modules. I have a vested interest in at least trustworthy pilots who can work for me." Matsu offered a hand though to her. "Now is there a place to eat on here young captain? I am a little hungry and sharing a meal with new people is always a good thing." She had a small look on her face offering her hand. "We might even be able to get you some new work, those sabers could be yours to defend yourself or deter problems."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The thought of having a home again was sorely tempting, a dangerous sort of thing that at away at her from the inside. She hadn't had a real home in years, something she had grown accustomed to but not something she truly let herself dwell on, it usually made her a mixture of sad and angry all at once. "I'll think about," she said with a smile, but her voice was softer, uncertain. To have her own home other than her freighter would be nice, but she also knew that where she went, trouble usually followed. A job would be good enough.

Daine smiled and while stood, waving the woman to follow her. "I have a little kitchen." It was small but had enough rations for her to either use prepackaged meals she could add water to or actually cook. "I promise I can cook, I've got a processor that can replicate most things as well."

The brunette rummaged around for clean plates and silverware. There was a bar shelf in one of the walls that had stools they could eat on, tucked away next to the kitchen. The pots and pans were clean, the little-powered stove could cook fairly well though she'd never bake in the actual oven, it always smelled a little too much like burnt coils for her to stomach.

"So, I have enough to cook us something small, what're you hungry for?"

[member="Daine Saria"]

Hmm what did she want to eat? She was hungry and could handle anything while she listened to the woman about what she was doing for right now. "Well I am up for just about anything, a small trip like this I enjoy smaller meals. Makes the travel easier." She offered a smile going over towards the girl taking a seat on the bench in the cozy little kitchen. "Anything you want to make, I am certain you're as talented in the kitchen as you are behind the sticks of this ship." she had learned that good cooks were sometimes pilots who cooked for themselves or for a crew. Made it easier and better in some cases while the jedi master removed the outer robes leaving the lighter inner ones on. Folding it on her lap with a small smile and hands clasped in her lap underneath the robes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom