Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Reception

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Daine Saria"]

:pilots wanted for transportation job: It wasn't really a bad thing and the coordinates were in neutral space. where the research team she had assembled could work in harmony with everything as they worked to uncover some of the larger things here. Since there were some attacks that shattered the more open and known areas. They were digging deeper and looking over many of the things while her full attention was on some of the things. "How are the operations coming?" She asked looking at the researchers over the screen with some attention. They were finding and searching for untouched veins of crystal that they could get where the force flowed deeper and more concentrated. It allowed them to get the really potent ones that would help with a number of their projects while also giving her things to do with the rest. For the moment she sat there looking at the looms and spindles that were working with the crystals they were finding and combining them with the ones from Rhen Var they could make the strongest crystal synthweave for the jedi.

Daine did not expect to be this blasted cold. Logically, she knew Ilum was arctic and had even layered on her warmest scarf, yet here she was shoving her hands deep in her pockets as she trudged off her ship at port. The cold cut right through her coat and seemed to nip at her bones. She could even feel the warm air pumping through the vents in the hangar, yet she still felt off somehow. There was an odd layer in the air that made her slightly anxious.

She had only stopped on Ilum to resupply before heading back into Wild Space, yet as soon as she had landed there had been a message through her comms for what seemed to be a very legitimate job. Transport, but it seemed much simpler than a bodyguarding stint or mercenary work (not her favorite). She swiftly sent a message back that she'd take the job, it seemed to be not far incredibly far and after she got fuel, she could go to the location given.

A quick jump on her light freighter following her locator to what seemed to be a research station deeper into Ilum. With a comm link as she approached, she alerted whoever it was who needed transport to her freighters presence.

"You requested a pilot?" She asked through the link. She still couldn't shake the odd feeling she had on this planet but Daine chalked it up to her usual paranoia when off world and on a job.

[member="Daine Saria"]

Matsu looked at the woman who came answering the call for the job. They were loading up crates of weaved crystals that had been made and some of the larger things while she tested out the other projects. Their current weave of the crystals was standard and not very impressive, the new one was made for lightsiders to be able to use and work with the different things. "Yes I did, it isn't much but we can provide you with all of the equipment you need while here and a substantial amount of credits. The crates just need to reach our main lab in the Asobi system." Simple enough and well there would be time, she could get to know the transporter in case of a need for future jobs like picking up shipments and supplies throughout the galaxy or maybe transporting some of their employees from training and developmental facilities to locations.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I don't mind," Daine said with a shrug, peering around with curiosity. She offered a hand to the woman who had spoken. "Daine, Daine Saria." She left the introduction at that. Out here it was safe enough to give people her full name and she doubted Any of those looking for a Saria would bother being out this far into space. Besides the two old hilts, defunct pieces of ancient junk, were safely stored in her freighter hidden from view.

The promise of equipment was enough to make Daine more interested in this job. Usually her gigs were a wham bam here's the cress now get off my ship type job. The brunette loosened the scarf around her neck slightly scratching at the back of her neck.

"Can I ask what I'll be hauling around? If it's
confidential, I won't ask anymore, but I'd just like to know if I need to expect any trouble?" She had a few legit looking jobs turn out to be bad smuggling attempts before. She could easily smuggle but she needed to know upfront. But it seemed that whatever was going on here seemed to have an air of scientific and perfectly legal business about it. Besides, she didn't see a lot of research teams this far out into unknown territory.

[member="Daine Saria"]

Matsu shook her hand and bowed her head while she opened one of the crates. "Nothing dangerous, crystals and ore we have been mining here on the planet. With some of the recent things it can be dangerous to send padawans out to find their own crystals. So we do collect them at the temple and make their own tests. We also use them to explore some of the properties." She looked over her though showing some of the other things they had like metals or ornate materials for saber hilts to make them special. "My research teams spend most of their time looking for new ways to use the crystals to power devices like in the more ancient times our our history."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Daine felt a small burst of anxiety at the mention of pads wand and crystals. She would pick up a job for fracking Force users. She had nothing against them, personally, but the reminder of what got her into this mess in the first place. The Force was a pit of trouble, but Daine wasn't going to say no to such a good offer. Simple transport and equipment? For that's he could ignore that feeling that settled in her mind that this was somewhere she should be.

"Sounds fair to me, you give me the coordinates and I'll take you anywhere," Daine said with a tight smile.

"Ancient tech? That's quite the setup," Daine said, impressed despite her inclination to be just a bit weirded out. "Is it for a weapon?"

[member="Daine Saria"]

She wanted to waggle her hand because yes and no... in truth the ancient technology could use the crystals for weapons as well as for simple things like a lightswitch. Looking at her while she was working on some of it though. "Yes and no, we haven't begun to explore weapons but simple things like powering shields, cloaking devices and lights within have been going well." As for secrecy well it was well known the jedi or at least some of the jedi were experimenting with ways to use the force in more ways to help people. So force tech like the converters they had designed for ships to make food and water or air while saving space and allowing alternate systems to be installed. "These are the coordinates." She was setting them up for the asobi system, deep in the outer rim and almot the other side of the galaxy but it was also a wonderful planet for finding force attuned structures.

Daine raised her brows appreciatively, taking a step closer to see what the woman was working on. This didn't seem terribly dangerous, at least. She had to admit, the possibilities for what crystals could do must be off the charts. There was little she knew about that process, though she knew her blasters and her ship and she doubted her little beat up freighter could handle ancient force powers being pumped through it. Still impressive, though. "Sounds like you could make a heap on tech like that. I know quite a few spacers who would appreciate an easier way to power their ships."

She took a look at the coordinates and nodded, it was a long ways away but at full speed it would be a smooth ride.

"Looks fine, you just let me know which crates go where and when you want to leave. I can be ready to go as soon as we've got cargo on board," She said with a nod, running a hand through her hair.

[member="Daine Saria"]

Looking at the crates while she was marking them the jedi master gave a nod. The larger pontite crystals they were going to the lab to work with the large solari crystals they had found. The purpose for them to make a new synthweave that could improve and power the gear. Adding the power source research to try and make a cloak was a big thing to work on. Matsu looked over some more of the things on her datapad as she spoke. "These crates will be enough, several dozen of the largest most potent for our research and whenever you are ready. We'll get the droids to load them quickly and can be off." She wasn't one to waste time but also knew the biggewst value of what they were doing while her attention was on some of the things.

[member="Matsu Ike"]
Daine nodded at the indication of the crates and the droids already moving towards them. "I'll make sure they're secure on board and get my ship prepped for departure. Long trip, I'll fuel up and we can be good to go as soon as the cargo's aboard." The brunette gave a slight wave of her hand as she trudged back to her ship and began to oversee the droids loading these crates of weird crystals full of Jedi power that she was going to be taking across the galaxy. Her life really was ridiculous sometimes.

The droids loaded the crates into her cargo hold with ease, much easier than loading it into the smuggling hold by hand, and with a check of the cargo hold for security purposes, she was ready to go after a systems check. In all her time as a ship and gun for hire, this seemed to be one of the simpler jobs, if you discounted the Jedi connection and the strange Force-related powers that came with it. Perhaps that was the itch she kept feeling at the back of her neck. The place was practically humming with whatever it was they were doing down here and she'd be happy to be in the quiet of space soon enough.

She discarded her heavy coat on one of the seating area benches before heading back out to where her new employer was working on something very technical that she had no hope of understanding.

"Boss, whenever you're ready, I'll be prepping systems for the trip," She informed the dark-haired woman. Daine was not sure what this job was going to bring other than a good payday, but she was glad to have enough credits by the end to make it back to Indomoudo.

[member="Daine Saria"]

Looking at her while the jedi master entered with a crate turning over some of the things while she moved up the ramp. Wearing her robes as she took it off with her under robes there before she straightened her hair taking a seat. This ship was rather nice looking and the he could enjoy the small trip bringing the crystals over towards the planet. Letting the force energies all around as she was feeling the galaxy and the ship. "I am ready to go when you are captain and this is a lovely ship. Rarely do i get to appreciate the designs of some of them, the designs we make are generally moved towards self sustainability. We've been building ships able to last and repair themselves for years without needing to return to dock."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Daine shot a grin back at the woman as she prepped the system controls in the cockpit, which opened up to the small benches behind her where most lounged as she worked. She never used a co-pilot beyond those hired as gunners, which was rare as the guns on this freighter were crap. This ship was built for speed and for storage, small, light, and efficient, but Daine had updated the design when she had a chance to make it feel more like home. Compliments on her ship always did feel nice, especially after all the work put into this one.

"It'll be a longer ride than usual, but I'm not sure what we'll face as we get closer to the system, I'd rather keep an eye towards safety for your cargo," She said as the engines began to hum into life and she closed up the ship and began their journey. Daine entered the coordinates and as soon as they were out of the atmosphere and into clear space, she'd let auto-controls take over to the coordinates. She always felt more comfortable in space than on world.

"So, you're a Jedi?" She asked, wincing at the awkward phrase that came tumbling out of her mouth. She couldn't help but be a tiny bit curious at the profession. "Sorry, I've never met one in the flesh before."

[member="Daine Saria"]

She was watching her work the ship and the jedi master had a nod of her head. "Yes I am a jedi." She was a little surprised though and sitting there extended her arms so the girl could get a look. "Well you have now, I do hope I impress." A small joke but the petite jedi master was not certain while she felt several of the things. THe extra time could work just fine as she was in no hurry to work with her before she brought her arms back clasping the hands in front of her. "If you would like to know things, please ask. I am more then happy to answer questions as needed for people." She held her hands out next to her so she could join her while they were traveling.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I've seen the holos about the Jedi, and I've seen a few on my travels but never taken the time actually to meet one," She told the woman. To be honest, she had tried avoiding them for quite some time, any mentions of the Force, after the mutiny that got her father killed. Transporting old Jedi or Sith weapons and having your crew turn on you, usually does that. Daine swiveled her chair back as the auto-controls took over. Daine was naturally curious, but sometimes she didn't know where to stop picking at something. This, at least, seemed to be a safe enough subject.

"I've never been one for messing with the Force, if you don't mind me saying. We've had a few gifted in the family apparently, but..." She shrugged. There were instances not longer after the matriarch of her line had established the family in the aftermath of some sort of conflict of some of her ancestors having the Force. Daine wasn't sure that it was anyone's business to be messing with such things, but who was she to talk? Smuggling goods and stealing here and there wasn't exactly smiled upon either. "It's a thing I'm sure you Jedi understand better than lay-folk, but it all seems very mystical and mysterious."

[member="Daine Saria"]H

earing her while the jedi master looked she could think about some of the things. "Yes jedi understand the force more and it can seem mystical to some who do not see it everyday but you should meet more jedi. You seem very interesting with your life and there are always jedi who like to learn about people, their skills and history. It allows them to better connect with the galaxy. How else can they seek to protect it." Looking over most of her and the stuff though she offered a hand. "Though if the force runs here and there in your family have you ever considered the chance you could feel it? Might not be something you could do instead but if you ever get tired or in danger the jedi can help you."

[member="Matsu Ike"]
"Ah, well meeting Jedi's never come up before, though I appreciate the job opportunities with this meeting," Daine said, spreading her hands in front of her. She sat back and clasped her hands back together in front of her, resting her elbows on her knees. Her foot tapped some sort of beat from a bar song she heard on Indbomoundo.

"Never considered it, really," Daine told the woman. "Haven't seen the Force in the family for nearly a century. It's something that usually gets written down, somewhere." She scratched the back of her neck and her mouth quirked to the side. There had always been a little bit of laughter in the family over the forays into the Force, an ancestor getting involved in galactic conflict and disappearing, or retiring at the behest of the family. Though, she supposed the family was over and done with for the most part, at least on her side of things.

"Had a busy life once I took up spacing," Which is about all that could be said for now without revealing her own motivations. "What brought you to the Jedi? Can't imagine it's like they say in the old stories of taking children to temples anymore."

[member="Daine Saria"]

Taking children to temples... oh no. "My family has a long tradition within the jedi and I was born to be part of it. Might have taken a little while longer but eventually when I was able to walk I was in the temples learning from the masters." And now she was a jedi master much to the dislike of some but it just pushed her more and more to be that much better and more devout. It might not be the best but spite and wanting to prove them wrong motivated the best chances of deeds before she spoke. "Well should you ever wish it, should you ever want more jobs... or some of our special stuff. Those who feel the force and serve the light we are able to make special equipment for including converters that can function as long as there is energy."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I was just joking about the stealing children bit," Daine said, concerned she had offended the woman. She was awful at jokes, she really was. It sounded like a good life, learning to be connected to the galaxy. Daine was sure had she not been a merchant's daughter she might have enjoyed that kind of life. However, family above all else. Though, now her family was scattered and the chances of seeing any of them were null and void. "That sounds peaceful, learning and following your families' footsteps."

"I'm not usually picky about my jobs, miss." Which was true, she'd been a gun for hire, a smuggler, and a bodyguard for shady people before. That didn't sound like the most "Light" worthy of past. "But I appreciate the offer. Steady work is hard to come by." Daine chewed on her lip as she mulled something over in her head. They still had time on their journey and she wondered if coming across a Jedi was the key to solving quite a few of her problems. She could hand over those two burdens and be done with it.

"I've got a wee bit of a hypothetical question for you. Say someone were to have hypothetically come across something...old and mystical that they aren't sure they should really be the ones to keep. " She stood briefly and entered the pin to open the locked compartment under the main controls of the ship. Inside she reached in and retrieved the bag she had shoved this particular loot in.

"Maybe the Jedi know how to hold on to them better than I do," She said and took the two hilts to offer to the Jedi. They were rusted and the leather was cracked and despite their look, she had tried them before and it seemed they lacked whatever powered them. They made her feels unsettled and like her skin was burning slightly. In her hands, they felt...almost like they could hum to life but that thought scared her more than their original buyer did.

[member="Daine Saria"]

Hmm she was curious about her and what they would be able to work with. Turning some of the attention onto what she was retrieving. "If such a thing existed well it would depend on if it was dangerous or something that could be concealed and protected." She didn't know what it was until she saw the saber which... she could admit she had been anticipating something different but sabers were still something the jedi could use. Rising up while she looked at the girl and at her mysterious bag. "Lightsabers can be a valuable tool for some and weapons for others. A status symbol if you wanted them to be as anyone not of the jedi or sith or just a trained rogue could claim they had whatever history." She offered a smile though holding out a hand to keep them there. "Do you want to get rid of them or would you like to keep them?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Daine looked down at the two things that had caused so many problems and it surprised her to feel a twinge of possession taking over her. This was part of the cargo that had gotten her father's crew killed and caused them to mutiny. It's what had led her to be wrecked on Indomoundo before she and Elyjah could scrape their way to a ship and get off the ugly swamp. Daine chewed on the inside of her cheek briefly.

"Here I was thinking they were just bad news," She said and turned them over in her hands. "I'm not technically their owner. No clue whose they are, just part of some cargo that turned south. I took them because...well it felt right to." Daine shrugged. Maybe it was to use them to barter for her life if the buyer ever caught up with her, maybe it was just to hold on to reminding her why she shouldn't trust so easily. Elyjah always told her she was too sentimental for her own good. Probably right in this case.

"I thought I'd jump at the chance to give them away to a Jedi or someone," She began and hesitated. "But part of me doesn't want to see them go." It was stupid of her to offer.

"I must sound crazy to you, some strange holding on to things she can't even use."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom