Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Discipline

Yvara
Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere : Type I (Breathable)
Climate: Cool
Gravity: Standard
Primary terrain: Mountains, fungal plains
Surface water: Oceans, river networks

The Starr touched down upon the snow covered plains of Yvara. Unlike most situations this was not a mission, no one was in danger and there was no Sith spawn threat to deal with. This was a personal event, very personal for the two involved. The two young Padawans were about to share a time of personal journey. A sharing of skills, and a time to heal a friendship born of hardship and duty.

As the ramp of the Starr touched down the cold air of the planets swept into the cargo hold BB was standing in. As it did he closed his eyes and breathing it in. The air was fresh and sharp, stinging the exposed skin of his face. The environment was perfect for what he had planned. Taking off his jacket and shirt he left his ship and kneeled down upon the snow that surrounded his ship. As he did he began to concentrate of the force, letting it fill his chest and warm his body. Now was the time he would test his new found ability. Use the force invoke the Tapas skill and keep from freezing in the cold.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

He stood with his arms crossed, staring out the view port as space hurtled past him, and he closed his eyes. He had been having... troubles with his connection to the Neutral side of the Force, and was drifting ever deeper into the Dark side. The thoughts that were now always swirling in hi head disturbed him, and he would have nightmares, terrible nightmares of him slaughtering innocent people, torching towns, and murdering all those he held dear. The screams of his friends echoed in his head, and his eyed flipped opened, wet from his tears of anguish.

The darker part of him told him to grow a backbone, to grow some balls and start making the weak bow down to him. Some days he gave in, those days he was a different person, not the bright, cheerful man so many loved. The lighter part of him constantly reminded him of his oath to his Mother before she died, the oath in which he swore to help other's, and to battle the Darkness as it opposed him. If only he could pick.

The planet loomed over him as he entered the atmosphere, setting down next to the Starr, and he sighed, this could end badly he thought as he walked down the docking ramp, standing behind BB as the wind whipped his cloak around him.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Opening his eyes he saw Nate standing over him, brooding as usual. Ever since his encounter with the brood queen on Demonsgate he had to dig deep into a part of himself and awaken a demon of dark side energy. BB's had been awakened by accident when Nate's dark quickening was passed to him on the same day. They shared a bond one that gave them a powerful gift and a terrible curse. The were two sides of the same coin, one losing themselves to the beast and the other working to bring and beast into balance. The main difference between the two of them was the training BB had been given. Now given tools to understand his gifts BB explored them and before he left the area wanted to share them with Nate.

"Remove your cloak and armor Nate, I know you hate the cold but I want to teach you a new trick, and this is a great place to learn."

He stared off into the distance, not really hearing Bryce, his thoughts were keeping him occupied. He wanted to be happy, to smile again, but the only thing stopping him was... Himself. He only wanted to get through this thing, to come out a stronger man, not a broken, hell-bent Sith Knight. His mind went on auto-pilot, unzipping his cloak and removing his armor as well, he stood int the cold air, in his tank top as the air ruffled his hair.

"I have no problem with the cold Bryce... it's the feelings that one gets from it that has my attention."

He waved his hand over the snow, a small circle with the TKO symbol and Bryce's name scrawled out into the snow, preserved by his will and the the Force. He gave BB a weak smile as he sat down on his knees beside him,.

"Might be the last time we have a civilized conversation,"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"It won't my friend, I have trust in you but it is time we stopped dancing around this thing and addressed the Bantha in the room, Nate."

BB relaxed into his Tapas training further, feeling the force flowing into his very cells. His body responded by raising it's temperature even higher till sweat began to form on his brow and chest.

"You a good man Nate, you know that, I know that, but that beast inside you stalks your sanity. Demonsgate made you tap into it further than you ever had to and now the genie is out of the bottle and you don't know how to get it back in right?"

BB knew the answer before he said it, having time to digest the dark transfer he had taken back a few weeks ago he had witness some of Nates pain through his own eyes. He question was more to see if Nate was able, to be honest with himself and come clean to BB.

He looked at his friend, his smile gone. The question shook him to his very core, resounding in his head like church bells, and he closed his eyes with a sigh, picturing how much better his life would be if he could just let go of all of his fear, hate and thirst for revenge. He clenched his fists as he pictured his mother, how disappointed she would be with him. He slowly opened his eyes, and looked down at his hands.

"I only seek to remain neutral, for when you pick a side you lose part of yourself, and I've already lost so much... I just want to regain control of my self, this is living hell, some days I want to just go out and help those in need, be me and on others..."

He shook his head, and he felt like he was being torn apart from the inside. They wouldn't be in this situation if he wouldn't have let himself sink into the Dark side back on Demonsgate, or when he chose to not to regain his neutrality, just letting the darkness grow stronger.

"I just need some guidance on how to 'put the genie back into it's bottle'."

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB was well into his training by this time, the force was flowing strongly through him and the cold environment was now a welcome cooling agent. Listening to Nate he knew all too well some of the feelings he was going through. He was fighting them himself only BB had the advantage of a master who understood such battles and a nature that aided in breaking the fury if needed.

"You can't put it back Nate, your battle is not with some outside force or mystical creature. You fight your very self now. If you want to regain your control you must begin by understanding who you are. As you say get back to neutral and that begin by not running from things but facing them. This gift is one that if left alone will slowly consume you. Hide it from the rest of the world and you will become it. If you want to reclaim your life I suggest you look to find someone to mentor you, just as Master Charr helps me."

He pondered his friends words, letting them sink in, his attention getting caught on "by not running from things, but facing them". He closed his eyes and tried to remain calm, his thoughts whirling around in his head.

"The last time I tried that my mother, father, and sister died! So how the hell do you expect me to face things If my entire life I've ran from the truth?!? I know who I am; I am the coward who sat by and watched a whole town get slaughtered, the one too scared to speak up, or stand up for others! I am a danger to all who I hold dear, including you Bryce."

His anger only made things worse when sparks flew off his hands, and flames sprouted underneath his feet. The fear, sorrow and anguish deep inside were just fueling the internal flames that threatened to burn through him. He put his head in his hands as the snow around him started to steam and melt. The thought of finding a new mentor was surreal, and it broke his heart as he remembered his old Master, and his days as a Jedi Padawan.

"I've tried Bryce, no one want's to try and contain... This. My only option now would be.. a much more darker Mentor, someone who has the same issues,"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Bryce listened intently to Nates words, be believed them but saw where darker forces were twisting Nates logic. Taking a deep breath in BB stood up for effect, as he moved the sweat that was building on his back rolled down his spine till it was absorbed by the pants he wore.

"You family died because you did nothing but hide from their attackers. You now face the loss of their only living son, their future because you again hide. Nate I have seen you in battle, you are no coward but somehow this darkness you feel have you reverting to your past. To the child who was powerless. You are not him anymore, you're a bad ass Sith spawn killing machine. One who I need to get to embrace his power and do the work needed to harness it."

BB took out his Shoto and lightsaber, lighting each and allowing their green light to color the snow around him.

"Just learned how to use these Nate, they are only training blades but they should work for some training. Come on, we have spoken through words enough. Time to learn from each other through combat."

He pulled his hands away from his face to look at Bryce, standing and with two ignited lightsabers. Byrces words shook him to his core, and he realized that he was right, and he'd need to grow some balls and stop hiding and keeping everything pent up. He closed his eyes and stood, trying to feebly clear his mind. he inhaled the chilled air, sending goosebumps down his muscular arms. After about 30 seconds he reopened his eyes and got into a defensive stance. He refused to use a lightsaber to fight his friend, and instead chose to use a Force power instead; Tutaminis.

"I hope you can dance Bryce,"

If learning was what BB wanted, then he'd get it, Nate only wanted to show his friend a new skill, one that will probably safe his life later. He watched him carefully, scanning his style and form.

"Make your move,"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB leapt forward in a classic Juyo opening his great saber activated and raised over his head ready to make a downward strike. The Force jump was a mild one, not really meant for speed BB was instead working on controlling his moves making them more precise. Juyo required a good fury to be build up in the individual for it to work effectively, but as BB was not angry so his moves were more subdued than usual. In BB off, left hand, his much shorter Shoto saber was in a classic Shii Cho blocking position ready to defend BB's body from Nate's counter.

He was slightly unprepared for Bryce and his leap forward, and then the downward struck coming right for his head. He leaned to the right, narrowly missing the strike and the in turn pushed down on the lightsaber, using B 's momentum against him. He only held the blade of the lightsaber for few seconds, for his skill with Tutaminis wasn't perfect.

"You're fast, and smart. Use that to outsmart your opponent, and flexing your core with help with your foot work too."

He stood, still defensive, waiting for the next move.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Holy hell, I know my sabers are set to training but you grabbed that with your bare hand...."

That was in impressive little trick, BB knew of the skill but to see it in action was rather, well cool. Not wanting to let Nate down BB went again, shifting to the left he led with a jumping round house targeting Nate's ribs, followed by his greatsaber slash aiming for his shoulder. Lets see how he responds to that.

BB's comment made him smile, but the smile was short lived as he saw the roundhouse kick come flying wars his ribs, fast. He was a little late.to.respond, and kick grazed his ribs, not enough o break them, but enough to make him lounge back wards. He glanced the incoming saber trike, this time not going to take another hit. He set his right foot forward, bringing to BB, he grasped his wrist, while simultaneously grabbing BB's shoulder, spinning him around and pushing unbecoming e ground, his knee on his chest.

"That ties it up, right?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB was pinned, had down by the superior movement of Nate; but he wasn't ready to quit yet. Knocked a little silly from the throw he waited a few seconds for his head to clear, enough time to hear Nate say...

Nate the Bounty Hunter said:
"That ties it up, right?"
"Cute," BB said right before he swung his shoto saber at Nate's knee holding him in place.

The attack was a diversion, with luck it would land well enough to allow BB to slide out from under Nate. Once he was clear BB planned to swing once again at Nate's shoulder with his great saber, looking to create distance so he could use more of his acrobatic form.

That caught his attention, and then so did the saber that was now about to separate his lower leg from his body. He cursed and pushed himself forward, using a flip to soar over Bryce and land safely behind him, out of harms way... for now.

"You've been practicing buddy? You've got that air around you... like "look out people, I'm a bad ass"... you steal that from me?"

He smiled at his younger companion, probably the only one who Nate would lay his life down for, he had a lot of respect for Bryce, and it probably never showed, but he hoped his friend realized it sooner or later. But that was a conversation for later, after one of them won this sparring matches maybe, but one still had to win.

He went to go swing his lightsaber at Bryce, and then realized that he was unarmed, and he quickly whipped up a plan. He stepped forward of BB, his hands flying out in a series of fast strikes, not hard enough to cause major damage, but enough. His hand flew toward BB's neck, but that was a distraction as he reached out with his other hand, his saber staff spinning into his hand, the power level being set to training as the purple blade ignited, and a low strike at his thigh, before spinning and preparing to bring the saber back at his chest.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

A flurry of strikes found their mark on BB's shirtless chest and Nate cut off his attempt at escape. Reeling back from the speed of the move BB barely had time block the strike aimed at his thigh with his blocking Shoto saber before Nate's second attack at his chest hit home leaving a scorch mark on his right peck.

"Kark that hurts" BB cried out as prepared to counter.

A fury was building in him, the pain lighting the flame of anger inside him. Now with increased speed, he slapped Nates saber to the side with his shoto before attempting a spin kick aimed for Nate's head. If he connected it would most likely stagger a man, even one as powerful as Nate. Once staggered BB would continue the attack if he could by slashing wildly with his great saber attempting to batter down Nates guard.

His brow furrowed as he heard Bryce curse as him, and his momentarily pause was his downfall. He always was one to be worried about others..Well now, it backfired. As his guard was down, he didn't see the kick coming from Bryce, and that was a very dangerous thing indeed.
WHAM!
BB's foot connected with Nates head, he sent him sprawling into a snowbank, luckily ass down first. The world spun, and now he had a splitting head ache. But all that vanished as he felt that good old competitive spirit come up, and some of that stuffed an rage as well. How the hell had Bryce just knock his block off? That was his job and now his young companion just did it to him! That's not good.

With a growl, he jumped back up, igniting both sides of his saber and spinning it around his body, making it seem like he was surrounded by a glowing, humming purple vortex. He wasn't even going to go towards Bryce, but vice versa. He called soon the force, and yanked BB right out of the ground, and slamming him down before him, still standing...for now.

He used the lower blade to slash down at BB, before spinning to avoid any other counters, then twisting his saber apart at the middle, duel realising two purple sabers. He was like a whirlwind, his strikes a blur of motion; left, right, backhand, forehanded backhand. Just a complete onslaught.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Neither was backing down and both were feeling the strain. With BB's off hand he parried Nates attacks as best he could, but Nate was still scoring strikes on BB exposed flesh and legs. Each driving the pain further and BB deeper into a force fury. This was uncharted territory for BB, this was the yang of his personality coming out. The harder, fiercer self BB had left unexplored. Physical pain blended with old memories of lost loved ones fueling his drive and he was slowing losing grip of reality and losing himself to the fight. But this is what BB needed, a true test. His opponent a much better foe and one BB could truly test his skills upon.

As the two continued to battle BB pressed the attack further with his main handed great saber. Slacking at Nate with long powerful strokes, each one designed to batter down his guard and for him back. This battle would soon be over because both couldn't keep up at this pace, but who come out on top in the end, was still yet to be decided.

Spinning his saber staff, making a purple vortex in front of him, absorbing all of th incoming strikes, al but one. Those long strikes were getting to him, and while nate was trying to do some glow-stick magic, he missed one long strike. "Feth!" That sonofabitch hurt, bad. Even set on stun, he felt the power arc throughout his body. Cringing , he fell to his knees, green arcs of electricity flowing over his body. "Arghhhh."

No, he was not giving up, refusing. Every muscle in his body screamed out in agony. But he slowly rose, pushing back with a flurry of heavy handed slashes, flipping his staff, he caught it in his left hand, taking hold of Bryces great saber, planning on wrenching it out of his hand, while pushing on BB's chest with his free hand. Time to end this.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom