Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cold As Ice

bcVBgxg.png

Objective: Complete the short patrol
Tag: Kaahlil Kaahlil

div1.png

The cold air bit against his face of Silas as he traveled swiftly on a speeder, unmoving from the white wasteland of Ilum fighting against him. Recently, he had been given permission to help patrol the ice planet on solo assignments in aid of its defense. It didn't half remind him of one of the very first missions he did with Valery Noble Valery Noble who brought him along on one of her standard patrols. By the end of it, they had both worked together to take down a formidable murder worm who wasn't too happy they had entered its territory. Silas would always look back on that fondly, especially when it was the first day he had met his Master.

In the far distance, an opening to one of the many caves located on the planet was in the distance. There had been reports of a disturbance within the cave itself, sometimes at regular intervals. On a planet like this, it was a regular occurrence, but you couldn't leave things like this unchecked. After the events of the empire secretly doing operations on the planet and almost killing a generation of padawan, it was only right to be more careful now.

Zooming to a halt, Silas turned off the speeder and left it by the entrance just in case he needed a quick escape. He learned from his master that you could run into anything down here, especially when it was the borderline of an enemy faction. Keeping that in mind, he took steady breaths and looked into the dark cave. Silas could sense something, and to his surprise, it felt familiar.

If that was the case, it probably didn't mean good news...

WRrZE6b.png

I L U M

9JlHECo.png

The biting cold should have gotten to him, but even as another gale ripped across the frozen glacier he did not even flinch. A chill cut deep to the bone, he was aware of its existence, but he wasn't even shaking or shivering. Something far worse than the subzero cold had taken root deep within him, and in comparison the howling winds of Ilum were a pleasant reprieve. Bright yellow eyes looked down towards his right hand, which was opening and closing of its own volition. He frowned and willed the hand to cease, to again obey his commands, which it did after a brief moment of struggle.

They were getting worse, these tremors. At times, he didn't even feel like he was in his own skin, like he was wearing the body of another; the face of a stranger. His rational mind knew that it wasn't so, he'd been who he always was all along. But still, a gnawing sense of wrongness crept into his thoughts when his mind lay idle. He slowly removed the glove from his hand, revealing tanned flesh and blackened nails. Kneeling next to a snowbank, he plunged his hand into the cold snow and allowed the shock to knock these thoughts from his mind.

Pulling his hand back, he flexed the bluing digits and refixed his glove back over them. His eyes then swept to his left, towards the cavernous mouth of the temple. His Lord-Father had directed him here, shown him the path, and made him memorize the means to open it. He'd done all that, it had been relatively simple. He hadn't been alone when he'd done so, a team of excavators had rushed into the temple after he'd opened it. Their task differed from his own, they were sent to ensure that whatever his Lord-Father desired was found.

So while they toiled in the gloom of the temple, he waited outside in the cold. He'd never been to Ilum before, though he understood his Lord-Father had been many times. Despite the barren wasteland of the glacier where the temple was located, he found the world beautiful. When the rising sun crested the distant ice mountains, the morning light shone through the glacier with such lights and colors that he found himself enraptured.

His mind turned away from such revelries as he sensed something on the horizon, an approaching presence. The very notion that the Jedi could've detected their intrusion briefly passed through his mind, but he didn't believe it was so. He was extremely careful, and their entry onto the planet had gone undetected from any kind of scanner. This felt more like a routine patrol than an investigation, and so Kaahlil moved to slip into the darkness of the temple.

However, he stopped on the precipice between light and dark. Looking back, he sensed something oddly familiar about the presence approaching the temple. He searched his mind from where he would have sensed such a presence before, and then realized where he'd sensed it before. With a wry smirk, he formulated a most dastardly scheme. To strike a blow against the memory of his Other and the woman he loved would bring much pleasure, and the Lord-Father would undoubtedly reward him mightily for such a service.

There would be some preparation, a bit of illusion, a bit of incantation...

But he would be ready, and he wouldn't even have to change his face...

They would mistake him as a friend, an ally, family even, and not even notice the dagger aimed for their throat before it was too late.

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png

Before he was about to go in Silas halted. This feeling wasn't coming from the caves at all. Silas swiftly took out his saber and looked into the distance from where he was standing, and soon enough he saw a structure that could provide the answer to his questions. Turning to his speeder, he sensed that using it would potentially reveal his position if there was anyone over there. It wasn't too far anyway, so if needs be he'd run back and jump on if a quick getaway was needed.

Taking a deep breath, he wondered over to the temple through the deep snow. Thankfully, he had wrapped up warm and prepared for the patrol ahead. Anyone stupid enough to come unprepared was going to find a nasty end in the bitter cold, Silas was smarter than that now. Taking steady steps, the feeling he felt by the caves was growing stronger. However, it also seemed to get more familiar. While distrust was rampant in his head, the feeling of calling to his senses was almost like welcoming back an old friend.

Silas reached the first step of the spiritual structure and seemed to tighten his grip on the lightsaber the more he went up. Whatever was here, it didn't seem bothered in hiding their presence from him "Hello?!" he called out as he stood between the large doorway, looking into the dim surroundings inside "I know someone is in here, come out and I will not intend to harm you!" the padawan promised before igniting the saber to signify a warning to whoever was inside.

"I only seek to know who you are, nothing else!"

WRrZE6b.png

I L U M

9JlHECo.png

He would come to him as a friendly face, someone that he'd be eager to see again.

An ethereal blue light began to emanate from deep within the temple, a feeling of warmth accompanying the otherworldly light as it moved up to wash over Silas. At the center of the light's source would emerge a figure, initially wreathed in the heavenly glow of an angelic figure before that melted away into a more subdued and demure blue shine. They wore white and unspoiled Jedi robes, gold tassels swaying gently as the figure opened their arms wide in greeting.

"Ah, Silas, my friend. How it gladdens me to see you here."

As the light dimmed to bearable levels, the face of Kahlil Noble looked out upon Silas Westgard. His face appeared serene and soft, carrying none of the burdens he once had when he was living. His eyes twinkled brightly, in both joyful mirth and compassion. He glided over towards Silas, his presence muted but yet familiar in the Force. The vision of Kahlil smiled warmly, "You have heard my call, as I knew you would. I have great need of your talents, for a dark force has violated the sanctity of this temple and seeks to steal away an ancient artifact hidden within its depths."

Silas would be able to feel it now, an insidious sensation that originated far below them, in the untrodden halls of a temple consigned to the echoes of time. This must have been the dark presence that Master Kahlil spoke of, an agent of evil. But there was something... off about the vision of Kahlil as well, something that couldn't be precisely articulated. A nagging sense of wrongness accompanied all of the other sensations that radiated out from the ghostly vision, like a reflection from glass warped by heat.

But it was so convincing, seemed so real.

Could Silas' senses betray him?

Last edited:

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png

Deeper in the temple, a warming blue light began to get closer. Silas could feel the unmistakable feeling of his former Master, a man who he looked up to and regarded as a father figure. He didn't see him at first, but once the light began to dim he finally saw his face for the first time in a long time. Silas had only felt and heard his voice alone since his death, now for the first time, he was before him as a perfect apparition. Silas couldn't help but smile emotionally at his appearance, that was the thing that blinded his judgment.

"Master Kahlil... it's an honor to see you again" he said back happily, his light blue eyes watching the spirit get closer to the point he was only inches away from him. It reminded the boy of how calming his presence once was when he was living, from the looks of things that had transferred to the spiritual world. Nodding slowly, he listened carefully to every word the man had to say, ones that foretold dark energy deep within the temple. His former master had come to Silas himself to point him in the direction of the disturbance, in return, the padawan was more than willing to comply.

However, there was something that wasn't right. He was unsure if it came from the dark energy down below or worryingly his master himself. Right now though, Silas was clouded by the words of the man who came to him for help "I will rid the darkness from this place once and for all master. It has no right to take refuge in a place it doesn't belong" he said with a small respectful bow

"But Master... I must know something first" he asked curiously, staring straight back into the man's eyes "Why now, why show yourself at such a time?" the boy frowned slightly, briefly looking into the darkness with a hint of doubt "Is there something wrong with my path that I don't know about?"

WRrZE6b.png

I L U M

9JlHECo.png

The Shade of Kahlil smiled warmly, paternally.

"Always in motion, the future is. Different paths, different choices. One decision can spin a thousand different threads into existence, and cut just as many. I felt a disturbance through the Force in my sojourn, and with great effort I have appeared before you today. The will of the Force has led you here, and I have come back from beyond to guide you."

He gestured towards one of the cracked gateways, the yawning corridor leading deeper into the temple; lined with ice and snow. "Long ago, this temple was greatly sacred to our order. It housed a great many artifacts from an era long lost to history. In that time, most of the objects secreted within were removed, either by our forebears or by our enemies. Yet, one remains, locked away so tightly that not even the Lords of the Sith could break into its vault. But I fear that the servants of evil have found a way."

The dark feeling was growing stronger, radiating up from the ground like the ebb and flow of the tides. With every passing moment, it seemed to grow stronger, and who knew just how strong it would become if left unchecked. "I will help guide you to the vault, but I cannot intervene. It must be you who restores this temple to balance, to bring back peace."

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png

"If the force has willed me here, then your appearance would be no coincidence then" he agreed with his former master, believing his lies and taking in every word he said to him. Looking at the cracked gateway to which he pointed, he saw the dark corridor which seemed like it went on forever. Whatever had gripped the temple had destroyed what was left of the light long ago, instead it was replaced by a heavy and depressing feeling of darkness.

"Artifacts... that's a good reason for them to be snooping around from the looks of it. As you said, I heard everything had been removed from the vault long ago, Maybe the masters missed something after all" he said with a brief nod. It wasn't impossible for masters to make mistakes, everyone in the order was prone to it "If the servants of evil have found something, I will have to go down and investigate before they can use such things against us. With your guidance, I know I'll be reassured"

Smiling lightly at him, he gave him a respectful nod and began to walk over to the gate with his lightsaber drawn "May the force be with us master Kahlil..."

Kahlil smiled.

"May the Force be with us, indeed."

Carefully, the spectral shade of Kahlil guided Silas Westgard through the labyrinthine ruins of the old Jedi Temple. Everywhere they went, Silas could see the recent efforts of whatever evil had trespassed upon these temple grounds. Blockages had been meticulously cleared, new pathways chiseled through ancient stone, and lanterns punched into the cold walls at sufficient intervals. But no matter how far they trod or how deeply they delved, they could find neither hide nor hair of whatever it was that had preceded them.

Where was the evil? And for that matter, why was the sensation of darkness that Silas had felt neither strengthened nor diminished? It remained constant, a companion through their descent. He could not place where it emanated, only that it never left his side.

This journey continued until they reached the endpoint of all this rigorous tunneling, the tunnel walls widening until finally opening up into a massive chamber. The walls were generally featureless, but at the far end was a circular locked door with intricate reliefs carved into its face. The door seemed to have suffered some damage, as though someone had tried to brute force their way in and failed. Kahlil walked ahead of Silas towards the door and reached out with one hand.

"Time is of the essence," he turned back to face Silas. "It seems the enemy has somehow bypassed this gate, the one that protects the vault. You must open it, Silas, I am limited as a spectral force. Reach deep into the Force, and let the Light flow through you."

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png

Together, both padawan and "Former Master" walked through the maze like corridors of the long ruined temple. Throughout their journey the signs of trespassers were apparent. Silas now and then stop to examine what they did and investigated new entrances that had been created by those who has come before them. From what he saw they seemed to be in search of something that had kept hidden for generations, an item that was still yet remained to be seen.

Silas Kept focused and followed the entity until they reached a set of damaged doors. They were dented by the people who had entered first, using whatever they could to pick over everything that may not have been searched for before. However, they seemed to have failed and moved to another area of the temple. Looking to Kahlil, he nodded slowly and began walking closer to the door "Yes Master, it will be done" it was clear right now Silas was believing everything the evil spirit was saying. For all Silas knew, he was doing what the force was willing him to do.

Lifting both hands up, Silas reached out with both hands and wrapped the force around the gate. The teen took steady breaths and shut his eyes, allowing the force to flow freely around his body to crack open the door. Silence followed for a short time, but that was soon interrupted by the sound of the door slowly creaking open. Compared to the sith and other grunts, only a Jedi with a substantial amount of power was able to get such a vault open.

Unknowingly to Silas, he had just given them free passage to the item they were looking for "It is done" the boy stated, opening his eyes to see what was in the vault. Carefully, he walked inside and looked for anything that had been left "It's a marvel something has been left unfound for so long. Once I know everything is clear I will need to it back to the temple of Illum to be stored safely" he said openly to Kahlil, his eyes glued to the artifact before him. Reaching forwards, Silas took hold of the artifact in his hands

"I'm curious Master Kahlil, why is this so important?"

Last edited:

CS3FUG8.png

"Good, my friend, good. You have grown strong in the Force, I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight."

The specter passed through the threshold of the vault, lingering at Silas' back as the younger man reached out and plucked the artifact from its resting place. It was a round crystal disc, fitting neatly in the palm of Silas' hand. Notches had been carved into the crystal surface, channels leading towards the center which looked to have the same properties as a magnifying glass. Whatever it was, it was designed to harness and condense some sort of energy. But the exact purpose was lost on the young Jedi, for neither he nor the specter behind him knew for certain its true purpose.

Kahlil's spectral hand reached out towards Silas, "Allow me, Silas." How strange would it be for a spirit to hold an object such as this, even the desire to take it in their hands might have seemed an odd request. But the spirit of Silas' master seemed kind and trustworthy, all of the qualities that Silas had come to know, love, and admire about his dearly departed friend. What reason would there be to distrust him? He had not led him astray thus far, and was this task not of the utmost importance?

As the artifact slipped into the spirit's hands, the smile upon Kahlil's face widened ever so slightly. "Thank you, my friend, I could not have done this without you." Then those eyes turned to look at Silas, and the subtle hint of yellow began to bleed through the blue haze. He reached out, as though to place his hand upon Silas' shoulder, but instead the fingers curled like gnarled talons. Lightning, white-hot, burst forth from Kahlil's fingertips directly towards Silas' chest. Not enough to kill, but strong enough to lift the young Jedi up off the ground and throw him across the vault.

Then the spiritual façade fell, the spectral blue glow dissipating like fog. What was left was not Silas' master, but a crooked reflection. He wore Kahlil's face, but his eyes were piercing yellow, and the tattered robes draped about his form were black and gray. "You have done me and my Lord Father a great service, young Westgard. Only a Jedi, strong in the Light, could have opened this vault. You have delivered into my hands that which my Father covets, and when I deliver this artifact to Him, I shall tell Him of your usefulness. When the galaxy is remade, perhaps He will spare you for your aid in achieving this grand task."

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png
"Allow me, Silas."
Silas was unsure of the request of his former master at first, but it didn't take long to finally nod and hesitantly hand it over to his former master. Kahlil was calm and reassuring as he used to be, there was no reason not to trust the man he looked up to "You don't need to say thanks to me sir, you're the one who got me here after all" Silas briefly smiled and met Kahlil's gaze, his face keeping the same until a flicker of yellow flashed in the eyes of the blue eyed man.

The teens face showed one of shock as Kahlil slowly began to place a hand on his shoulder "Wait yo-" yet before he could spit out his revelation lighting shot harshly into Silas's chest and sent him flying across the vault. Landing roughly on the floor, his smoking body rolled until it hit the wall in a heap. It has been a trick all along, one performed by Kahlil's clone who had been trying to make anyone even close to the master lives a misery. To Silas, there was no way he could have known this was going to happen.

This was still not over yet though

A loud groan came from Silas as he began to finally move. Smoke still came from his chest and other parts of his body, leaving him wincing and struggling to get back up "H-how could it be..." he said with a face full of confusion. Silas had been foolish in trusting him, and now he was paying the price "I should have known it was you, Kaahlil. I see the puppet master Carnifex is pulling your strings again" the warrior said with more determination while kneeling and trying to steady his breathing "I'd rather die with my friends then be spared by a mad man who cares for no one. Soon enough, he'll dispose of you like he tried to do with the true Master Kahlil"

Silas wasn't going to let him get away with this, no way. Secretly, his right hand began to reach over to his lightsaber.

CS3FUG8.png

"You have no friends, Silas Westgard, only those who tolerate your existence."

Kaahlil slipped the artifact into his robes, secreting it away in a safe place. Then his hand reached for his weapon, fingers cradling the hilt before the bright red blade snapped into existence with an angry hiss. The crystal at the heart of the blade would've been familiar with Silas, as it used to belong to Valery Noble Valery Noble . Darth Carnifex took the crystal when He held Master Noble in captivity on Janara III, and corrupted it with the Dark Side. He gifted it to Kaahlil not long after, and the Dark Mirror wielded it ever since.

"In time, they'll leave you, abandon you." A voice so familiar to Silas, twisted beyond recognition, emanating from a face contorted in pure hatred. His eyes blazed brightly with the Dark Side, two halos of molten copper glaring out from within a sea of blood. "You'll be nothing but dust, ground into the dirt. My Father will scour this galaxy of pestilence, of impurity. You have played in a part in your own destruction." Then, the Dark Mirror leapt at Silas. His blade flashed, ready to cleave the Jedi Knight from shoulder to groin.

"Now die, Jedi!"

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png
"You have no friends, Silas Westgard, only those who tolerate your existence."
"You don't know me at all do you?" Silas grunted back to the sith, his stare unwavering as he looked into the clone's soul. Back home the boy knew there were people who genuinely cared for him, when the time came they'd have his back in a heartbeat. The same couldn't be said for Kaahlil though, those who he considered friends were sure to stab him in the back in a heartbeat "Are you sure you're not on about your "friends" Kaahlil? you seem to be mixed up" Silas said with a confident grin, defiant and calm in front of his attacker.

"Like you, your father will fail. If I don't make sure of it, someone else will" gritting his teeth Silas saw Kaahlil jump and slash down at him with his lightsaber. Swiftly, the padawan rolled to the right and jumped to his feet. His body still hurt from the lightning that had tortured him, but Silas was still eager to fight his way out of this mess. This clone of his former master was still very much a skilled warrior and no pushover. Master Valery also had trouble with him in the past, something that almost cost her life.

He just had to gather himself right now.

Silas ignited the light blue saber and moved forwards to swing a flurry of quick swings at his chest area, using controlled aggression to try and put pressure on the man who lived a false life.

CS3FUG8.png

"Delusions!" bellowed the Dark Mirror, his blade slashing through empty air as the Jedi rolled out of danger. The snow bubbled and melted into water, the blade cutting into the stone floor beneath. Kaahlil pulled the weapon free, turning to face Silas ignited his own weapon in response. The two rushed for one another, blades dancing between them to the music of clashing plasma. Each strike brought with it a shower of incandescent violet sparks, melting more of the snow around them with every blow.

Lightning also danced, a blast of cerulean energy creeping up the wall to Silas' right after Kaahlil's attacked missed it's mark. The air grew heavily electrified, the stench and acrid taste of ozone was overpowering. "You're lost! Fumbling blind in the light! My Father has shown me the truth, this galaxy is doomed! All will be remade in fire! Just ask your friend Jasper what lies in wait, Jedi, he has seen it! The truth is carved into his very flesh!"

Kaahlil jumped away, landing next to a pillar butting up against the wall of the vault. He slashed through it with his blade, ripping it free with the Force, and then threw it directly at Silas.

bcVBgxg.png

div1.png

A mixture of red and blue plasma flew off their lightsabers as both of their weapons slashed into one another. Silas, who chose to attack at first began to put into effect what Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble taught him and went on the defensive, dodging and weaving around the strikes in a fluid motion. Only did a big strike miss was Silas able to jump back and gain some space. Some of the sith's slashes had scorched his clothing, only narrowly missing his skin so far. He needed to be more careful with the stronger opponent before him.

Silas narrowed his eyes and slowly shook his head while he spoke, not believing the fact the galaxy will burn while there was still at least one Jedi breathing. It was only when he mentioned Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el did he show a flicker of confusion "What do you mean Jasper knows?! what did you do to him!" the padawan grunted, only to get an answer in a different form. Kaahlil jumped away and flung a big pillar in his direction, forcing him to react quickly. Falling to the floor, the pillar narrowly missed his head by inches and flew into the wall behind him. Silas heard the sound of crumbling and looked up to see debris threatening to crush him into the floor.

Turning his saber off, Silas lifted both hands into the air and stop the chunks of stone from falling on top of him. There wasn't much longer he could hold it, so with great effort he instead extended his arms back behind his head to throw it directly at the sith. Snapping to his knees, Silas suddenly jumped to his feet and shot like a bullet at the clone, jumping high in the air to ignite his lightsaber and plunge it into the man's cold heart.

CS3FUG8.png

"Answers cost, little Jedi! You don't have what it takes to pay!"

The Dark Mirror rushed forward, a blur of darkness illuminated by the crackle of his blade. The pillar he'd thrown sailed over Silas' head, the Jedi having narrowly avoided being crushed beneath it, and slammed into the vault wall. There was a great rending rumble as sections of the vault began to fall down around them. Kaahlil snarled and sliced a piece of debris in half, sending the two pieces flying away with a push of the Force.

Those had been unguided, but the Jedi used the falling debris to his advantage and aimed them towards the oncoming Sith. He sliced one into pieces, and then another, but dust from the split debris momentarily irritated him enough to miss the third piece that slapped hard against his thigh. He yowled in anger, feeling the bone bend and crack beneath the meat. It wasn't a break, but there were definite fractures running up and down the bone.

His eyes settled on Silas just as the younger man attacked, Kaahlil only just raising his blade to defend. Every reverberation from their blades meeting sent bolts of pain up through the injured leg. Kaahlil harnesses the pain, allowed it to swallow him, and let it fuel his actions.

"You don't know anything, Jedi! You're blind in the dark, your masters aren't telling you what's really going on! Ask them! Ask them why darkness grows in spite of your victories!"

Their blades clashed, showering both in sparks. Kaahlil sneered again, his eyes looking up towards the ceiling before he reached out with one hand. He seized the masonry above them, grinding his teeth as he began to wrench it free.

To bring the entire cave down around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom