Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cody-type, Security Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frielle Kinniak

F
C O D Y
OlgFv3o.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a code cylinder for encrypted data share and communications.

• Image Source: Anovos (x) (x)

• Canon Link: Code Cylinder (x)

• Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Three Moons Supply and Development, Fly-By-Night Communications [NPC], Alliance-in-Exile Engineering Division

• Affiliation: Alliance-in-Exile | Rebel Underground | Closed-Market

• Model: 3MSD-FBNXC-WXDCS “Cody”

• Modularity: No

• Production: Limited

• Material:

Alusteel Frame with a Phrik Coating

• Duraplast Reinforced Crystadurium Liner

SPECIAL FEATURES

• A security device for members of the Rebel Underground, each one is specifically encoded with [SIZE=11pt]site-specific[/SIZE] encrypted access codes.

• Doubles as an encoded [SIZE=11pt]data stick[/SIZE] allowing for the uploading and downloading of information through an encryption program. Each rebel cell has its own encryption program.

• Cody can be reprogrammed to aid a slicer in an emergency, however; any data it is containing will be wiped.

• Failed attempts at reprogramming will cause the data to become corrupted. Additionally, any failed attempts at decoding the cylinder will result in the data becoming corrupted.

• Created with an [SIZE=11pt]alusteel[/SIZE] frame with a phrik coating adding to its resistance to blaster fire and plasma type weaponry. It was also built with a duraplast reinforced crystadurium liner for added resistance against ion/emp weaponry.
Strengths:

• Encryption: Cody’s encryption is the key to its success with its ‘success or [SIZE=11pt]fail[/SIZE]’ method, failure results in data corruption as would failed reprogramming attempts.

• Materials: Built to be resistant to blaster fire and/or ion/emp weaponry.
Weaknesses:

• Encryption: Data corruption is permanent to the device, and any data [SIZE=11pt]it[/SIZE] held cannot be retrieved once this has occurred.

• Algorithm: Cody’s algorithm can be learned/decrypted by a skilled slicer/programmer.
DESCRIPTION

Developed by Three Moons Supply and Development in conjunction with Fly-By-Night Communications a small Selonian owned and operated [SIZE=11pt]company[/SIZE]. They were able to develop the cylinders based on antiquated X-Wing pilot code cylinders. The idea was to give the Alliance-in-Exile turned Rebel Underground a quick, portable method of collecting and sharing data. While also working as a security device for encrypted access to specific sites.

Crafted with durability in mind and built to withstand various types of plasma-type weaponry, like blaster bolts (fire). Crystadurium and a [SIZE=11pt]duraplast[/SIZE] liner aid in resistance to ion/emp weaponry. Cody, as it is called, has an encrypted DataCore, allowing it to be used as a data stick. While doubling as a security device allowing for encrypted access to specific sites. Information can be downloaded and uploaded to the code cylinder. It utilizes rebel cell unique encryption, and no two encryption algorithms are alike.

It is possible for Cody to know multiple algorithms, however; this runs the risk of data corruption. Data corruption can happen one of two ways, a failed reprogramming attempt or a failed decryption attempt. Data corruption is permanent, and any information that was held is lost. It can be reprogrammed to aid a slicer in an emergency, such as hacking a blast door or slipping into a computer system. If it is reprogrammed any information it contained will be lost, as [SIZE=11pt]precaution[/SIZE] users are encouraged to back their information up either on another code cylinder or another data storage device.

Adapters for this device to other data storage devices are available upon request. It is up to the rebel slicers/programmers to code the adapters to their devices’ specific algorithm. The device’s algorithm can be learned/decoded on successful attempts.

[member="Frielle Kinniak"]

Hi, I love the idea of these, I just have a one thing I'd like to point out to you before I approve the submission.

Frielle Kinniak said:
Alusteel Frame with Laminanium Coating
Laminanium is a restricted material at the moment as seen here, so it can only be used in semi-unique subs. I would recommend either replacing the laminanium with another material or reducing the production level to semi-unique.

[member="Frielle Kinniak"]

Thank you for making that adjustment, you had just left one reference to the laminanium in the body of your text,

Frielle Kinniak said:
alusteel frame with laminanium coating
If you could just adjust that and tag me back I'll go ahead and approve the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom