Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex-ploration: Strange Old Worlds

In my humble opinion, one of the coolest features of the site is the wide variety of unique custom planets added through the Codex. Over the years, members have come up with and fleshed out some really interesting concepts, adding to the feel of a vast and varied galaxy. Sadly, as people come and go and projects are abandoned, some of these planets fall by the wayside. In fact, there is quite a list of Codex planets that have never hosted a roleplay thread (or perhaps just a single one). The goal of Codex-ploration, provided that people are interested, is to rectify that by deliberately setting up adventures on worlds never before used on Chaos.

This is also an entirely selfish plug to get my new character to meet some folks from around the board and write with more of you lovelies.

To see if this concept works, I've picked three from my carefully-researched list of unused and underused custom planets. For each one, I'd love to run through a short story with no more than two other writers, for the sake of keeping the action focused and moving. If you're interested in one or more of the story hooks I've posted below, please let me know by posting in this thread or shooting me a PM; I'd love to write with you. If this concept becomes successful, I have lots more unused planets to pull from in order to continue the joy of going where no being has gone before. Let's write some stories together, yeah?

If I use a planet you created and you'd rather I not, feel free to post here or drop me a PM and I'll remove it.

1. Dajin - Fire on the Wind ___________ Planet Creator: [member="Mrrew"]

As the war between the Galactic Alliance and the First Order continues to heat up, the tibanna gas trade has hit something of a snag: Bespin, one of the gas's most major production sites, is under First Order control, and that limits the supply for those not involved in the war on their side. Halfway across the galaxy, however, lies a world with vast and totally untapped tibanna gas reserves: the remote planet of Dajin, home to the strangely-evolved Dajini Beldons. With wartime rationing driving up the price, a careful entrepreneur could make a small fortune harvesting tibanna gas here - provided he can avoid the Beldons' powerful electrical discharges and the warriors of the territorial Kutaan Colony Empire...

Player Slot One: __________________________

Player Slot Two: __________________________

2. Selvetarm - The House of the Spider ___________ Planet Creator: [member="Raux Vapula"]

Spacer legend tells of the Xela'Dorn as vile and deceitful, a species whose subterranean cities are built on debauchery and deception. But legend also tells of the unique resources of their home planet, Selvetarm: the powerful Xeonian Crystals. It's said that a single fragment of one of these crystals can serve as a lightsaber crystal, creating an extremely powerful but dangerously unstable blade. An entire crystal can store tremendous amounts of energy and heat, perfect components for circumventing the limitations of starships and other advanced technologies. But securing the crystals would mean trading with the noble families of the Xela'Dorn, a proposition so dangerous that no one has yet made the attempt...

Player Slot One: [member="The Slave"]

Player Slot Two: __________________________

3. Brakha - Greed and Ruin ___________ Planet Creator: [member="Blagga Vajilicsic Indora"]

The avarice and ambition of the Hutts is legendary, and there is perhaps no greater example than the remnants of the planet Brakha. Mineral-poor on the surface, it contained rich deposits of ore deep within its crust, out of easy reach. And so Blagga the Hutt ordered the entire planet drilled apart, cut into chunks like a nerf stake for the war machine of the then-rising Hutt Cartel to devour as fuel for its fleet. But the shipyards he planned never quite came to fruition. They still spin slowly through the Brakharst System, revolving above the corpse of the planet they killed but, like a difficult child, did not actually eat. Much of the equipment within still works, making it a lucrative target for scavengers. But the security still works, too...

Player Slot One: [member="Eddak Manod"]

Player Slot Two: [member="Aya Clarke"]

[member="Syric Vahrel"]

Eddak could definitely get into a mission to scavenge Brakha's mining stations. Fort Galderra is a little less than advanced, and he could gain some technical know-how on how to create stations. Eddak has an eye for construction, but he has to learn about something hands-on to even attempt at recreating it. Plus, anything else about the old stations would be cool.

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
[member="Syric Vahrel"]

Brakha sounds rather enjoyable, would you be willing to drive me up though? Not to mention depending on when it gets rolling I may or may not have my full kit subbed.

But it might have a few useful designs on board for Aelozath's pitiful navy... Could be fun. Could even have some follow ups (shameless self promotion) on Aelozath, since she's new and what not.

[member="Aya Clarke"]

With Eddak expanding his territory to all over Pzob, he would need Barons(baroness') to own other Forts that act as law of the far in territories. Would Aya like to own a lot of land and a small keep full of warriors she picks and trains how she wants?

I'm thrilled to see so much interest already! Thanks for jumping in. Since Brakha has generated so much interest already, I'll try and start it up soon and tag you all. The others remain open.

Dajin Sign-Ups
Slot One: Open
Slot Two: Open

Selvetarm Sign-Ups
Slot One: [member="The Slave"]
Slot Two: Open

Brakha Sign-Ups
Slot One: [member="Eddak Manod"]
Slot Two: [member="Aya Clarke"]
Possible 3: The Slave

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
[member="Syric Vahrel"]

Take your time. I may end up borrowing some weapons if we go before I can sub Aya's armor. It's nothing non canon or overly powerful, but I'd be much more comfortable with a single link to all her little toys... ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom