Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Contest VI: Their Finest Hour

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Our past Codex contests (I, II, III, IV, V) have been, if I do say so myself, a lot of fun. With that in mind, we want to introduce...

Codex Location Contest VI
Their Finest Hour: Cities in Wartime
68wyesV.png

[SIZE=11pt]ELIGIBILITY[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]This contest is open to anyone. Any Codex Judges, Staff members, or community members who want to help judge should let me know ASAP, and won't be able to enter the contest themselves.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Each writer can submit a maximum of three entries.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The contest opens immediately and will run until January 19th. Winners will be announced on January 21st.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]CRITERIA[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Entries must be new, approvable location submissions with 'Location Contest’ in the title. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]These locations should be population centers (large town, metropolis, space station, small moon, neighborhood, etc.) that have been affected by war, directly or indirectly. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]These locations should be linked in some way to any completed Invasion, Rebellion, or war-themed Dominion. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Once approved, entries will be judged on quality, effort, and how well they tie into the uniqueness of the Invasion, Rebellion, or Dominion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]PRIZES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Grand Prize[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Without completing the Force Nexus objective, add a major Force Nexus to a new location or planet, or any previously approved location or planet submitted by you, OR[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Receive a pre-made elite fortress on a planet of your choice, OR [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]You may submit a balanced species whose members are all Force-sensitive or completely Force-dead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Runner-Up Prize (x3-4, depending on final scores)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Without completing the Force Nexus objective, add a minor Force Nexus to a new location, or any previously approved location submitted by you, OR[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Receive a pre-made secret hideout on a planet of your choice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Note that all prizes must be claimed within six months of receipt.[/SIZE]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Abyss"]

We won't be doing that, because then we have to figure out how and where to draw the line between 'a community was involved in this thread' and 'this was me and my two buds bombarding a planet in a private thread.' Invasions, Rebellions, and (to an extent) Dominions are guaranteed to have a good few people involved in something big enough to change the map.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Saarai"] and [member="Irajah Ven"] brought up some good points in private, so I'm clarifying the rules a little.

Submissions should be approved by the 19th, when the contest closes. However, if judging takes a bit longer and approval hasn't been finalized by the 19th, those subs will still be put on the final list of contestants at no disadvantage, in almost all circumstances. When in doubt, I prefer to send as many submissions as possible to our panel of judges.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
For clarification's sake: yes, I've stepped down from Staff. Yes, this contest will still go ahead. All that's needed is for me to message the final contestant list and the judging rubric to each of the volunteer judges, and I'll do that on the dates noted above. Then I'll just total up the scores and pass them to @Mahet. Nice and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom