Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Competition: CHAOS Canon Lore Commemorative Locations

It's been far too long, Ladies and Gentlemen, since the Codex has hosted a competition. I invite every member, old and new, with a passion for the IC lore and history of this forum to partake in this new challenge in order to commemorate four years of some really awesome stories that this community has worked hard to build. So without further ado...

Commemorating Four Years of Chaos...

In the four years that Star Wars: Chaos has been online we as a community have had a hell of a ride. We've seen: a galaxy at war; a clockwork rebellion that threatened to unravel civilization as we know it; a dark harvest of the living; and the machinations of a misguided lover threaten galactic annihilation. It was through these events that characters both rose to glory and fell from grace, their families broken and stories of our most beloved characters put to rest. We have seen Jedi, Sith, and all manner of galactic powers forced to work together in the face of utter destruction in the form of heart wrenching, adrenaline pumping danger.

Through this incredible journey we as a community have developed the legends and lore of Star Wars: Chaos to look back upon, remember and behold with fond memories and awe-inspiring reverence. In this contest we would like to celebrate four years of great times by having our contestants submit locations that in a creative way commemorate these turbulent times in our site's history:

Challenge Criteria:
  • All location challenge submissions must have "Chaos Lore Challenge" in their title.
  • Your submission must commemorate a major board period/event of Chaos canon history (those listed in the board timeline).
  • The location you design must clearly show our judges exactly what period of Chaos history that it is commemorating.
  • Location can be of any type: residence, military, space station, fortress, library, etc so long as the message is conveyed.
  • Previously approved Codex location submissions are not valid for this challenge.
  • Submissions MAY use dev from previously completed IC threads.
  • Max 3 entries per writer.
  • Entries will be accepted starting SUNDAY AUGUST 7th.
  • Entries must be submitted to the Codex by no later than SUNDAY AUGUST 14th.
  • All Challenge submissions must be completed and fully approved by FRIDAY AUGUST 19th. This includes submissions requiring IC development such as heavily fortified military bases.
  • Entries that fail to meet the completion date will be dropped from the Challenge.
  • Final judging on submissions will be held on SUNDAY AUGUST 21st.

Submissions will be judged based on:
  • Lore - How well you research the location, tie in the Chaos canon basis to the submission.
  • Creativity - How abstract and creatively the submission commemorates one of the periods of Chaos history.
  • Content - Grammar, spelling, and how well-written the submission is.
  • Utility - Likelihood of others using the location in the future for RP settings.

Prizes:
The winner of this Challenge will be Rewarded with a No Development Necessary Pass for one new Codex submission and may choose one of the following:
  • 1 type of Restricted Material mineable deposits on a new custom planet sub (phrik, cortosis, stygium, or beskar)
  • An A quality elite unit
  • A Force Nexus of medium size (within a location or on a new custom planet).
  • A Master-Ranked NPC or NPC with special possession or skill.
  • A species with special skills or all Force user.
  • A location with special defenses or attributes.

Please post all questions and comments to this thread. Good luck to the contestants, we can't wait to see what you come up with!

~The Codex Team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRIES

Approved
Velok's Maw by [member="Ajira Cardei"]
Memorial Display Museum by [member="Fos Misao"]
Wan'Che Taung by [member="Gilamar Skirata"]
Warlock's Gate, Dathomir by [member="Vesta Rekali"]
The Killing Field by [member="Eralam"]
Lesrekta by [member="Dunames Lopez"]
Castle Miriamele, Kilia IV by [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]
The Heart of the Universe by [member="Trenchcoat Man"]
Memorial District Mall by [member="Orihime Ike"]
The Throat by [member="Tyger Tyger"]
Elrood Hospital for Force Affliction by [member="Cerita Sarova"]

I was recently asked if the submissions could commemorate any Chaos canon event.

We are looking for entries that revolve around MAJOR Chaos canon events that are listed and detailed in the board timeline which includes: Gulag Plague, 400 Year Darkness, Clockwork Rebellion, Masks of Madness, Dark Harvest, and the Netherworld event.

Matreya

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

My favorite major event, was Harvest, but all threads for it are gone; that being said, there are two or three private threads I had done with my at the time master, and I still vividly remember these. Can I write them? They are the influence behind my locale, caused by the event, but not exactly surrounding the event..

Matreya

Just realized..

I posted a submission I have intentions of adding onto after approved, but still within the bounds of the time limits.. is that acceptable? I simply don't have as much space on my phone as I would like so I posted it to free it back up.

Ie, due to limitations I posted the first half, after it gets approved, can I add the second half and not break any rules?

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

[member="Fos Misao"]

You have until Friday, August 19th, to complete your submission. That's 12 days. I would highly recommend completing it as much as possible. All submissions are subject to submission modifications after they are approved, but for the sake of the contest your chances of winning are higher with a fully realized sub rather than something only half there.

The entries so far have proven very interesting. I can tell it will be tough to decide on a winner already.

Entries will be tracked here in the first post for ease of reference of the CJ Team and for those interested in pursuing their own entries into the challenge.

I'm working on my dev thread right now. It's going to take a bit of time, so I've enlisted a few folks to help me with it.

But I hope I can surprise you, [member="Lorelei Darke"]

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom