Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codes for Sale

Context: Codes Retrieved here.

Imperial codes were on the market, and the destination to be was Tortuga station. Discreet, out of the way of any major law patrols and decent enough riff raff to cover his deal. Danni and Tesar his two crew on lookout near his booth, where Drake sat sipping a beer.

Nearby a kit bag with a black box stolen from a Star Destroyer that was left for Salvage. A black box that held access codes, transponder info, flight paths and old manifests. Any good criminal or saboteur could put it to good use.

And underneath the table a cocked .44 Revolver on his lap.

He lit up a cigar and leaned back. He'd see who was interested.

The Underground was delicate business. Too bold and too much force was brought down. Massive military engagements, civilian executions, that sort of fun. Too little and resources were wasted for no impact. He had to walk a fine line. And this one looked like it might pay out, assuming he was careful and bartered well. It was why he had been sent. Veino had been around the Underground and criminal circles for years. For a time, he had lived as a mercenary slicer and intelligence agent. He'd even been a part of the Bothan Spynet for a time.

So here he was at Tortuga station, with nothing more than an account number, his lightsaber, and a heavily encrypted comm that was locked to exactly one other comm. Otherwise, he was on his own. He'd already cased out the joint and taken stock of its location, exits, and lines of sight. One last amble with the beer in one hand and Veino headed for the contact.

With a nod of his head, he raised the glass. "May I join you? Looks like we might have some similar interests to discuss." If allowed, he would move forward and slide into the seat, still chattering aimlessly until he got to the key phrase. "What do you think is the key to unlocking the finest beers?" As he said this, he rotated a ring on his finger just enough for it to open and reveal his Underground affiliation. "I understand such things require a fair bit of investment."

Flint Fett

F
Flint was here for one reason he wanted information on Imperials since it would help him with his current mission he was a very skilled slicer and standing about 30 feet away was a gentleman who was smoking a cigar it would seem he had the information, but if Flint were to just walk over there it could come off wrong but hopefully the man would take it with good faith. Taking a few steps towards the man when another sat down near him with a beer this was expected not just he knew of this limited deal, walking over towards the men he grabbed a chair pulling it near the other two sitting down. Now seated in his chair with he reached to his helmet clicking on the speaker so they could hear him the volume was low enough not to be overheard " Gentlemen seems we have some common ground " Flint was not like other Mandalorians he was not aggressive on the start he could be respectful until he decides the other way is a better option.

[member="Drake Jast"] | [member="Veino Garn"] |

[member="Veino Garn"] [member="Flint Fett"]

It was a bit of a conundrum, until he saw the sigil on the ring. Then he knew it was for sure a test. The fact that Hala his sister ran multiple shipyards in ORC territory and that he'd hid out there for a while whilst the Alliance was looking for him, gave him insight into the sigil.

Underground eh?

"I'd probably say Hops from Exocron and Rock from the Rift. Do you have 13 mods for a hyperdrive? The book? Whats the first chapter say.?"

He could be 13th Rail, but in any case, he'd know whether he was true or not, based on his answer.

Now it his turn to play the little game.

And alas came the Mando. At first his hand did rest on his pistol, till the fella took a seat. Drake gave him a once over and friendly smile.

"Pleasure to meet ya. And maybe we do. Let's not be rude though."

He half rose and held out his hand.

"Drake Jast, Captain of the S.S. Walden, Rozilyn and Stinger. To whom do I owe the pleasure?"

[member="Drake Jast"]

Veino nodded in consideration. Those were legitimate answers. Both with their basis in the Outer Rim, as far as he could remember, so they lacked strong Imperial sympathies. But the other question puzzled him and after a moment he shook his head. "I've never tried to mod a hyperdrive. Beyond my skill with machines. Fixing a clogged fresher is about all I can manage. My skills are elsewhere." He gave a laugh and paused as the Mandalorian approached, but he seemed to not be interested in sparking a conflict.

As the other man rose, Veino stayed sitting, beer in one hand, while his other lingered down on his coat, next to the pocket where his lightsaber was hidden. Hopefully the Mandalorian wasn't wearing beskar, because that was always irritating. He'd have to be far more creative with things in that case, especially being this close already.

[member="Flint Fett"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom